Prime Time Painting

Painting - Interior Project

Painting - Interior Project

interior painting
Painting - Interior

Prime Time Painting is a family owned and operated, fully insured painting contractor headquartered in St. Charles, Illinois. Well into our second decade of professional service and craftsmanship, we are highly versed in the professional techniques of the painting industry. Prime Time Painting is a full-service painting contractor fully capable of handling any aspect of interior or exterior house painting. We hire only the most highly skilled painting professionals. It is through our commitment to the continuous improvement of our people and professional practices that we have become the Suburban Chicago leader in residential and commercial painting. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction for every project regardless of size and scope of the job....

interior painting (40)house painting (22)wallpaper removal (5)handyman (4)drywall (3)pressure washing (2)

12/09/2020

Very, very pleased with PTP. Crew was on time every day, courteous, and nice to work with. They went above and beyond to make the job exactly what we wanted. Also offered good feedback when asked opinions about colors, etc.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

07/01/2020

Beware!!!!! They do not do what they promise!! So unhappy with the work done on my kitchen cabinets. Kevin Gallagher (salesman) assured my wife and I that they could paint and do small repairs (remove peeling and repair chips) on our white thermofoil cabinets. He said, "Five years ago, I would have told you that we couldn't paint them" Well, unfortunately, I decided to have them do the work instead of replacing the cabinet doors. When I signed the contract, they told me they wouldn't be out for a month, but if it rains they would move us up because most of the current jobs were outdoors. This didn't happen, and I had to reach out on the Friday before the Monday they were supposed to arrive to remind them to come. Have you seen this spring? It has rained almost every day. This should have been my first clue as to how they run their business. Daniel was the painter who did most of the work. Kevin had also promised that they could add base trim and other trim work to update the cabinets, but when I asked Daniel, he acted like he didn't or couldn't do that. When I reached out to Kevin, he sent an updated contract with the trim work. 2 days later, Daniel showed up with base trim that was too short. Daniel then had my wife and I looking at HomeDepot.com and Lowe's.com looking for appropriate sized trim, because he said that Menards has no other sizes. What?!?! We decided to cancel the trim work, because Daniel really didn't seem confident in his ability to do it. When the cabinet doors arrived they looked beautiful, but I noticed that none of the peeling areas were fixed (see photos) like Kevin said would and could be done, so we reached out to Kevin. Daniel then went and bought some glue to repair them. Um...what?!? I could have done that and I have glued them in the past. This doesn't stop the peeling. I am giving them D for overall for the color recommendation for the island and the white color matching and the actual paint finish on the cabinets and moving the handle on the trash cabinet. (They didn't fill those holes properly though.) Also, they ruined the wood finish on my kitchen floors with tape. Their only solution was to have the sales guy Kevin repair it himself...nope! I would never recommended them for any painting job! So now I'm left with a damaged floor, unfinished bottom cabinets, extra paint, and glue to fix my thermofoil cabinets from peeling. All of this cost me $4K. Ugh! Horrible!

Description of Work
Painting of Kitchen Cabinet Doors, Drawers, Boxes and Trim

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

Review for Prime Time Painting - 1830 Wallace Ave, Saint Charles, IL - 38685893

Hi [Member Name Removed] and Amber, Unfortunately, there seems to be a series of misunderstandings here. The breadth of the misunderstandings starts with the scope of the project and the work we agreed to do (and agreed we would not do), all the way to the resolution of your issues we agreed upon once the work was completed...which we were in the process of executing when you wrote this review!?!? Frankly, your note is off the mark from our point of view. We informed you at the beginning of the job that the carpentry work you wanted done was beyond our capabilities. You stated that you understood this and had an alternative solution. Accordingly, it is frustrating to see you writing about this as an issue now. In over 20 years of dedicated service to the homeowners and business owners of Chicagoland, we have never experienced anything quite like this.

07/01/2020

Beware!!!!! They do not do what they promise!! So unhappy with the work done on my kitchen cabinets. Kevin Gallagher (salesman) assured my wife and I that they could paint and do small repairs (remove peeling and repair chips) on our white thermofoil cabinets. He said, "Five years ago, I would have told you that we couldn't paint them" Well, unfortunately, I decided to have them do the work instead of replacing the cabinet doors. When I signed the contract, they told me they wouldn't be out for a month, but if it rains they would move us up because most of the current jobs were outdoors. This didn't happen, and I had to reach out on the Friday before the Monday they were supposed to arrive to remind them to come. Have you seen this spring? It has rained almost every day. This should have been my first clue as to how they run their business. Daniel was the painter who did most of the work. Kevin had also promised that they could add base trim and other trim work to update the cabinets, but when I asked Daniel, he acted like he didn't or couldn't do that. When I reached out to Kevin, he sent an updated contract with the trim work. 2 days later, Daniel showed up with base trim that was too short. Daniel then had my wife and I looking at HomeDepot.com and Lowe's.com looking for appropriate sized trim, because he said that Menards has no other sizes. What?!?! We decided to cancel the trim work, because Daniel really didn't seem confident in his ability to do it. When the cabinet doors arrived they looked beautiful, but I noticed that none of the peeling areas were fixed (see photos) like Kevin said would and could be done, so we reached out to Kevin. Daniel then went and bought some glue to repair them. Um...what?!? I could have done that and I have glued them in the past. This doesn't stop the peeling. I am giving them a D because they did provide a color recommendation for the island and the white color matching and the actual paint finish on the cabinets and moving the handle on the trash cabinet. (They didn't fill those holes properly though.) Also, they ruined the wood finish on my kitchen floors with tape. Their only solution was to have the sales guy Kevin repair it himself...nope! I would never recommended them for any painting job! So now I'm left with a damaged floor, unfinished bottom cabinets, extra paint, and glue to fix my thermofoil cabinets from peeling. All of this cost me $4K. Ugh! Horrible!

Description of Work
Repaint Cabinet doors and boxes, add trim to finish cabinets

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], Unfortunately, there seems to be a series of misunderstandings here. The breadth of the misunderstandings starts with the scope of the project and the work we agreed to do (and agreed we would not do), all the way to the resolution of your issues we agreed upon once the work was completed... which we were in the process of executing when you wrote this review!?!? Frankly, your note is off the mark from our point of view. We informed you at the beginning of the job that the carpentry work you wanted done was beyond our capabilities. You stated that you understood this and had an alternative solution. Accordingly, it is frustrating to see you writing about this as an issue now. In over 20 years of dedicated service to the homeowners and business owners of Chicagoland, we have never experienced anything quite like this.

05/20/2020

Excellent - clean and crisp. Highly recommend great value for level of service

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

05/20/2020

Great. Excellent work, exceeded my expectations. Having them paint the exterior next. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

05/20/2020

Prime Time Painting did an excellent job. They cleaned up after themselves, were reasonably priced and the end product was outstanding. We then hired them to do our exteriors and the result was equally wonderful.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

05/20/2020

Amazing. Very professional. Thet have also done work on my exterior. Inside they did some basic drywall repair that was wonderful. They also painted doors and trimwork. I would bring them back any time for any job.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

10/09/2017

After getting a quote, talking on the phone and then meeting in person we never received our second quote. Very disappointed that they didn't even respond back. They said they were professional but not receiving the quote or even a call is not. I had planned on using them as our painters but after not following through I am glad I did not.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/02/2017

Hello, Sorry for the miscommunication. If you call my cell phone at 630-209-0041 I will gladly send out the revised estimate.

08/10/2017

Bob promptly contacted me upon my inquiry and set an appointment to appraise my project and provided me with a quote and estimated time frame. Jr's crew had to battle with mother nature on and off for a few days. They persisted through the inclement weather showing up every day to accomplish what work they could while keeping me appraised of their progress. They were very professional and their attention to detail is commendable. I will hire them again and recommend this crew highly.

Description of Work
Prime Time painted all the trim, shutters and garage doors of my two story, walk out basement home and re-finished my deck. All work was done in compliance with my home owners association. I have a three color pallet combination of paint for those paintable items. The deck was power washed and re-stained.

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

08/08/2017

These guys do perfect work! They gave a very fair price, used the best of paints (Sherwin Williams), nailed down boards, filled cracks, caulked everywhere that needed it, and painted nice straight lines. These guys do not cut corners; they removed downspouts so they could paint under them. Everything was cleaned up afterwards. I would definitely recommend them to a friend, and I plan to use them for interior work in the near future.

Description of Work
We had them paint the exterior (siding and trim) of our cedar-siding house.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

Interior & Exterior Painting, Drywall Repair, Custom Colors, Deck & Fence Refinishing, Exterior Wood Repair, Power Washing, & Cedar Siding Re-Staining.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check