Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2008

4.4

600 Long Lake Dr

Round Lake, IL 60073

Founded in 1988, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. has been serving the Round Lake are in all their plumbing needs. We are a family owned and operating plumbing and service company thats looking to provide you with the high quality service every customer deserves. Call us now to help you when you plumbing needs!...

02/13/2021

jody C.

They never made it to my house for an estimate. I had an estimate set up between 3-6 pm on Thursday. At 6:00 Jen called and told me they were running behind and would I reschedule for Friday between 9-12 am. On Friday I got a call and again was told they were running behind and someone would be here soon. By 1:00 still nobody was here, so I called and was told they would check and let me know where the technician was. I told them if they could not be here by 1:30, not to come. At 1:25 I got a phone call saying someone would be here within the hour. Really? I told them to not to come. If their work is as bad as their punctuality, I decided not to even find that out. Not a reliable company. I would not recommend.

Description of Work
Install hot water heater

Category water heater repair

01/21/2021

Joy B.

The technicians were absolutely amazing they came in checked the sink for any issues before starting any work gave me the estimate of cost and parts needed, very excellent customer service I would definitely recommend this company for your plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Replacement of bathroom sink faucet

01/07/2021

Tony S.

Before anything is read, the women that work in the office Jen and Carroll are super. The problem is that the manager Matt has no respect for them or their jobs. I have called Blanton at least a dozen times and they always tell me they'll forward the information to Matt and he'll get back to me. Matt hardly ever does forcing me to call Jen and Carroll again and again. I find that deplorable. I assume now he's a lower management employee with no real authority, because he needed approval from the Blantons to reimburse me for the damage. Which was unsatisfactory. All I got back was the $60 I gave the nice, young, inexperienced, incompetent plumber they sent to my house. I originally thought I was calling AB & Sons, only to find out it was bought out by Blanton. I had problems with them in the past, but it was Sunday and I needed the leak fixed. They sent a young inexperienced kid to my house. I gave him my best guess that the water was coming from a spout on the side of the house. He then checked out the spout and decided that was the issue. He made two holes in my utility closet, said he saw the leak but then he didn't. Then he made a hole where the wall was completely dry in the finished part of the basement. Obviously it was dry the issue wasn't there. Then he said the bad news was that he would have to go upstairs and cut a hole in my living room. I found it amusing that he thought I would let him do that after destroying my man-cave wall. I got him to stop, he said fine, the bill was $120 for the 2 hours he needlessly punched holes in my walls and that would be deducted in the future from his $850 some estimate when the work was done. I paid him half, he took it and said his boss would constantly be calling me for the rest. He was totally wrong. An hour later I was able to get an older, experienced plumber who found the problem in 5 minutes. He checked the spout said the pressure was too strong for a leak. Went into the closet, cut a little more ceiling and found the water hose to the fridge leaking. Repaired in less than 10 minutes for $185. His motto was "follow the moisture." Simple. I asked Blanton for $300 to repair my finished basement wall and I would fix the closet which is where the fix was actually performed myself. They admitted their incompetence by refunding the $60, but also showed their cynical attitude by refusing to take responsibility for the finished wall.

Description of Work
To fix a leak from basement ceiling. Never done.

Category contractors, plumbing

12/17/2020

Karen K.

Ended up getting a $352.00 new toilet. This company charged me $998.00 for the toilet & install. That is $646.00 to install & remove old toilet. They wanted over $500.00 to repair old toilet. Price gouging for sure! I feel that I was taken advantage of!

Description of Work
Replace toilet flapper that had disconnected.

Category contractors, plumbing

11/30/2020

Junyan G.

Really bad experience. I requested a quote to replace the water heater. But they charged me $59 for the quote only. The worst experience is that they did not tell me the charge before the appointment. The staff dropped by and leave. Then they returned to say they need to charge. Really bad and dishonest business.

Description of Work
Quotes on replacement of the water heater

Category water heater repair

11/11/2020

Jan W.

Install clean out to sewer line to address blockage. Line remaining sewer line.

Description of Work
I have used this company in the past and most impressive is their response time no matter what time or day it is. Are they the most cost effective choice, maybe not but I did not have the time to shop around. Due to past history with them, they have done great work and are quick to get things back to normal. This work involved an emergency dig into my cement drive, however they were able to pull the permit same day and begin work the following morning. Lining of the pipes was explained to me and given the entire sewer line is under my cement drive I elected to have that work done to prevent future digs. The work continued seamlessly and each day the job site was left spotless. I would recommend them and will use them going forward due to response time, professionalism and the respect they showed toward me and my home.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

09/11/2020

Linda B.

So far good it does not leak when we use our hose

Description of Work
outside faucet was leaking when we connected the hose to it

09/03/2020

April T.

They did a good job diagnosing and completing the work. They are definitely on the high end price wise. I thought I was just getting my pipe rooted but found out it broke which made it important to get fixed right away or I would have looked for better price.

Description of Work
Replaced sewer drain pipe

Category drain pipe

08/15/2020

Eileen M.

Alben was great, he kept with it . It was a small tight space, but he got it done an working.

Description of Work
New kitchen faucet

07/13/2020

Azar A.

Customer service called me back and left a message that I should call them again to receive an estimate for flushing the water heater. I did and customer service took information down and told me there is a fee of $59 for coming out but can not give an estimate until technician comes on site. Well that is not a Free Estimate then. Customer service send me a text and followed up with a call to let me know technician was on his way. I appreciated that. Technician (Tom) arrived and gave me an estimate of $460 and then offered a coupon for $30. I agreed to pay $432 for flushing a regular 48 gallon water heater. He connected a pump to water heater valve and asked me to go open hot water upstairs and was done in 35 minutes. He said water heater is in good condition and I should flush it every year. Later I took a shower and notice sounds coming from basement and realized it was from water heater. Also noticed in two places water was on floor (beneath the valve were pump was connected and from copper pipe that runs the length of the water heater. I heard the popping sound the next morning as I was going to work and heard it again after coming home and used water to wash up. I check the water heater again and now there was puddle below the water heater valve and copper pipe. I put a dish under the valve and pipe and called Duane Blanton plumbing. They set an appointment for 6-Jul to come and see the issue. The 2nd technician (Matt D.), had no tools in hand. When I asked if popping sound is due to the water heater tank not flushed completely and would he try to re-flush. He said he has no pump and not plan to re-flush the tank. He focused on giving me an estimate for replacing the water heater (saying it was too old.). my water heater is 14 years old and per previous technician it is in good condition. He gave me an estimate of $1600 (reduced by $430 that I had already paid them). I was not planning to watch him and make sure leaks were at least fixed. He said he needs to talk with his manager if he can put in a new valve. He came back with a wrench and tighten the valve and open the pipe and used the tag on the water heater to see if it was leaking. He did not replace anything. As I was not leaving him alone, he decided to tell me he had COVID-19 prior month. He left and now I have one slow leak and if I increase pilot for warmer water, I hear popping sound. Matt D. told me it is the lining of my heater that is gone bad and causing the popping sound. I was disappointed at lack of integrity and pride in doing a job done right the first time around. Would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
Annual flushing of water heater

Category water heater repair, basement waterproofing

07/04/2020

F J.

Not good. Robert Bailey is employed by Duane Blanton Plumbing who serviced the call for a possible clog which was small. He charged $319 for snaking a drain. I had no problem paying because there was nothing to indicate this was major. Besides, it had been raining the entire week so it's possible something could've gotten stuck but it happened on a Sunday. He pull a small amount of tangled hair out of the drain. The problem arose when 2 days later it happened again & Robert came back. There was nothing major as the same hiccup of water with dirt resurfaced. He ran a camera down the toilet located near the laundry room & still found nothing, no bursted pipes, no sewage, no hair, no tissue, or anything that would cause this to happen. He charged an additional $250 for this & voided out the warranty for the snake job done 2 days earlier($319). The amount of water with nothing to show didn't add up for him telling me the job needed would be $17,200. This quote surely is for a home in which the sewer pipes burst & needed to be dug up & replaced. I had only a few inches of water(not a foot or feet) present in the basement of my townhouse, no sewage or sewage smell, no broken pipes or overflow of water that had caused any damage to the inside or outside, nothing shown via camera that would show need to have this type of work done. The work this guy said is needed doesn't match what was seen. Robert had an attitude because I asked questions that may've intimidated his knowledge of titled position. I'm entitled to ask questions about the work he'd performed that I was paying for. He may be an employee making his employer think he actually had a client with a more serious problem which in reality is a total lie. Dishonest employees as this makes their employers look bad because they're the ones representing the company. Most owners take the word of their employees & it doesn't matter how many years that employee has with the company, if they're dishonest it reflects those who employ them. I would never use or recommend this company based on the work & lies of this particular employee.

Description of Work
unclog drain?

04/30/2020

Eric A.

Looks like i have a fractured sewer line to the main street. Price charged for rodding and camera 2x going rates.

Description of Work
Roding-camera visual of pipes

Category basement waterproofing, drain cleaning

03/26/2020

Angelika B.

Mark Peterson of Duane Plumbing came out with an associate to clean out roots in our sewer line that runs through our backyard to the front of the house. I showed Mark where the sewer clean outs were in the back and front of the yard. In about 45 minutes into the job Mark asked me to come outside to show me we have a problem. He said the pipe towards the front of the house was broken and detached. He showed me in the camera that there is no sign of a white pipe. There is only mud and he can’t even push his router through. I called my husband right away to talk with Mark. Mark told my husband that the pipe separated and he couldn’t finish routing the pipe due to the pipe separation. He also told my husband that the pipes separation would need to be fixed right away, but it would take him some time to get the permit from the village to fix the pipe. After the phone call to my husband Mark showed me where he thought the pipe was separated by feeding a camera into the sewer line. He and his associate then painted a white spot in the grass where they believed the pipe separated. Mark then told me that the cost of the job would be over $4,000 with the cost of the permit. He continued to say that I needed to get this fixed right away and I should only use the bathroom toilet if I needed to, but not take showers, baths and no laundry. That’s the severity of the pipe separation. We need to fix ASAP! My husband and I had a local licensed plumber fix the pipe for us instead of Mark due to a $1,000 price difference. When he and his associate dug up the pip he quickly came and got my husband and me to show us that the pipe was perfectly in fine. There was no broken or damaged pipe. We were shocked to see the pipe was perfectly fine given how Mark was so convincing that our pipe was broke. We learn right away THAT WE WERE SCAMMED by Mark and Duane Plumbing. I can’t believe how someone could do this to a customer, especially during these times when the C19 virus is going on and people are losing their jobs. Duane Plumbing probably would have broken the pipe while digging it up, then showed us how its damaged. COMPLETE SCAM ARTISTS! This is unprofessional, disgusting, immoral and sexist. They were trying to take advantage of me since I’m a woman and my husband was not around due to his work. I can’t believe someone could think its ok to steal $4,000 from someone like this.

Description of Work
Root removal on sewer line.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your response.... you have stated to us that you had your plumber dig up your sewer cheaper that we would do it for.... you also stated that your plumber does not do any rodding of sewers, sewer televising or locating.. your plumber came out a dug a hole in a spot that didn’t need to be dug, because he did not camera or locate the problem... we have offered to come back out free of charge to camera the line again to show you and your husband again and you will not allow us to do so.... I guarantee your plumber who did not verify where to make the repair, dug up the wrong spot.... we are sorry this happened to you, but no company should dig anything without verifying the location first.... we 100% stand behind our findings and 100% stand behind our work.... if your plumber dug up the wrong spot, you still have the problem...

03/21/2020

Dennis S.

The Plumbers were professional and courteous otherwise this rating would have been even lower. $195.00 charged They were literally at my house for 15 minutes from time of arrival to departure. They snaked one toilet. This was located directly by the Garage entrance and required no special tools or difficult repair. That equates to $13.00 per minute or; $780.00 per hour I feel gouged for a simple job that took they about 5 minutes to complete after first assessing the problem.

Description of Work
Clogged Toilet

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

02/05/2020

David H.

Dave Smith, the technician, was polite, professional and efficient. The charge, $460.77, was quite steep for 25 or so minutes of work, but the stem was stuck on, so I had to shut off the water until it could be replaced, so I paid. The kicker was the next day they charged $1,488.00 more to my card. It took the better part of a morning to get it reversed. For me, that turned the whole thing into a fail.

Description of Work
Shower stem replaced with one I provided

Category plumbing

We are very sorry that your credit card was charged the wrong amount.... I’m quite certain that it was a clerical error..... we try our best to be as perfect as possible, but in this instant we obviously made a mistake... my hope is that you will accept our apology and forgive our error..

01/29/2020

Michael C.

Patrick was our technician. This is the second time he has come to our assistance. After listening to my thoughts regarding other water-treatment issues and checking multiple faucets, he identified the issue. After cleaning the clogged filter and starting the system to only have the filter immediately clogged, he cleaned the filter a second time and knew the system had to be flushed. It was a quick process and showed a significant amount of debris had accumulated in the unit. After closing the system up and starting the water, the hot water flow was great. Patrick then assisted me in cleaning a few of the filters on the faucets as I was unsure about where the filter screen was located on one of the spraying faucets. It was so simple, but he had the knowledge and I didn't. Patrick was incredibly polite and explained everything he was doing as he worked and clearly showed me where I could personally try and solve my issues should they arise in the future. He was very neat and clean during the work and left the area cleaner than it was before he started. My wife was able to take a hot shower and our marriage was saved. :-)

Description of Work
The flow on our tankless water heater was down to a trickle and showers were no longer possible.

Category plumbing

We're glad to hear your had a satisfactory experience with Patrick, and satisfactory work on your tankless water heater. We very much appreciate your positive feedback on your experience. We hope that you consider Duane Blanton Family Home Services for any plumbing, sewer, and HVAC needs in the future should they arise.

01/22/2020

Rob E.

Everything went very well. The crew was on time , were very professional and solved our problem. I would definitely hire them again. I want to give a big shout out to Ron Rehberg who came out to diagnose what the problem was as well as where it was. Since it was under our slab it took good detective work to find out where it was and Ron found it. Thanks to the whole crew!

Description of Work
Replaced leaking pipes under family room slab

Category plumbing

We're happy to hear that your plumbing work was performed to your satisfaction. We also appreciate the time for letting us know how we did. Sometimes there are bigger projects involving many different people, and to know that those people got the job done and did well means everything to us. We hope that you contact Duane Blanton Family Home Services in the future with any plumbing, sewer, and drainage issues that may arise.

01/05/2020

Steve M.

They put in new valves and stopped the leak.

Description of Work
Leaky shower faucet

Category plumbing

We're happy to hear that your leak was stopped, and that you had an above satisfactory experience with our company. We appreciate the time your took to review our services, and hope that you consider our company in the future for any of your plumbing, sewer & HVAC issues. Thank you for choosing Duane Blanton Family Home Services, we are very thankful.

12/28/2019

Janet D.

my water heater wouldn’t stay lit, so I called Blanton as they were down the road. It was late in the afternoon the day before Christmas Eve, and they couldn’t have been any nicer!!! They sent out Scott and Codey to check it out, they got it lit and Scott thought it might have been installed wrong and after researching it said it was ok to use. Well after he left it went out again. I called them back on Christmas Eve and they sent Patrick out, he got it lit again and after it lit, he noticed a very tiny leak over the flame, the water heater was 6 months old but was defective. Because Christmas was the next day, he couldn’t get me another one until the day after. Mine is for a mobile home so he had to find one that fits. Well, he found one, 100 miles away went up there got it and installed it all in the same day!!! This company went above and beyond from Carol who answered my call to Scott, Codey and especially Patrick!!! They even found me the 6 month same as cash financing and all 3 were concerned about the safety of the older one. Can’t begin to thank them enough. Great company

Description of Work
New water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

We're happy to hear of your satisfactory experience with both Scott and Codey. Reviews like yours are much appreciated, and help our business continue to grow. We glad to hear your water heater issues were remedied, and hope that you consider our services in the future for any of your plumbing, sewer, and HVAC services should they arise.

Michael W.

What went well: 1. The plumber was friendly and personable. 2. Communication with front office. What didn’t go well: 1. Quality of work below expectations - required multiple trips and extra time to install new parts. 2. The old uninstalled part was left outside by our front door - not very professional. 3. Scheduling miscommunication between myself, front office, and plumber causing me to miss a special event with my kid in the afternoon. 4. The price for the work was high.

Description of Work
Replaced Grohe shower cartridge. Replaced cartridge for volume jets.

Christine D.

I would highly recommend and will use them anytime I have plumbing repairs or replacement.

Description of Work
Installed new well switch near the well tank. Installed ball valve, and re-piped copper water line.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells

Your endorsement of our services is much appreciated. We are in business today because of customer referrals like yours, and we would like to take the time to thank you for it. We are happy knowing that you would consider us in the future, and are even happier to know that you had a great experience.

John M.

well don, fixed several issues. have not had an issue as of 1 year later.

Description of Work
Installed 1/2 horse power garbage disposal. Installed customer supplied kitchen sink faucet.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/17/2019

Zari K.

Went beyond the installation minimums by directing both faucets to the water filter. Great convenience to have all the tap water filtered.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen sink faucet and an insta-hot faucet.

12/15/2019

Chuck B.

After I confirmed what was leaking, the job was completed less than 48 hours later. Interior damage was almost non-existent due to their fast and prompt response. One part of the job (mechanical issue) was not cooperating with the tradesman. The fix was legal and solid but aesthetically not the original. They asked if that was acceptable and I certainly said yes. One hour later, an associate with the company showed up and was able to make necessary changes to accommodate original design. Clearly they want to maintain the highest standard regardless. The company is well equipped and able to handle any job that may come up. Price was competitive.

Description of Work
Water main in the foundation ruptured. Outside the house they had to dig down 4 feet and replace pipe section that goes through the wall.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

We're sorry to hear that your issues became complicated before our arrival. We are also glad to know that the work after our departure was completed to your satisfaction. We hope that in the future, that you don't hesitate to contact our company with any plumbing, sewer & HVAC needs that you may have. Also thank you kindly for taking the time to leave positive feedback with our company.

08/19/2019

Daniel V.

They came out the same day for an outdoor leak in the back flow valve. They assisted us in finding a certified plumber for the job and they fixed it the next day.

Description of Work
Repair outdoor leak

Category plumbing

We are glad to hear your backflow valve was repaired in a timely fashion, and the work was done to your satisfaction. We aim to service everyone with the same standards we hold ourselves to. We appreciate you taking the time to give positive feedback on our company, and hope that you consider us in the future for any of your plumbing, sewer, or HVAC problems that may arise. Thanks again.

G & R Heating & Air

We are a family owned and operated company, specializing in heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, and more! We personally care for each customer like our own family. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by G & R Heating & Air on Angi
    Better Climate Zone llc

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Air Renovations LLC

At Air Renovations we strive to provide the BEST customer experience possible. Our certified experienced personnel sets the bar high for your service needs 24 hours a day 7 days a week year round. At Air Renovations, we service all makes and models of HVAC-R equipment up to 100 tons. We are fully licensed, certified and insured. We service any residence, commercial property or industrial building. Our service capabilities range from heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. We strongly specialize in unit replacements and installation.

055-040059
    Illinois
    Illinois: Plumbers
    09/30/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.

How is Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. overall rated?

Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. open?

Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. is open:

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. provide

Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.?

Yes, Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offer?

Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc. offers the following services: Emergency Plumbing, HVAC, Drain Cleaning, Hydrojetting, Burst Pipe Repair, Water Leak Detection, Gas Line Repairs & Leak Detection, Sewer Line Repairs, Repiping, Garbage Disposals, Faucets, Fixtures, & Sinks, Showers & Tubs, Bathroom Remodeling, Clogged Toilet Repairs, Backflow Testing & Certification, Sump Pumps, Slab Leak Repairs, Water Softeners, Water Filtration Systems, Ejector Pump, Tankless Water Heaters