A Fast Local Refrigerator Repair

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2010

560 Cumberland Trails B

Roselle, IL 60172

A Fast Local Refrigerator Repair is your best source for fast, professional refrigerator repair service in the Chicago suburbs. We specialize in fixing refrigerators and freezers since they are the most important appliances you own. From the initial phone call to the final handshake, we think you will agree our service is second to none. Our friendly technicians are factory-trained and very knowledgeable, and tenacious when it comes to solving your appliance issue. We carry factory parts with us, and warranty repairs for 2 years. If we fix your fridge, our house call is free. You can also save an additional $25 off your repair total by booking an appointment from our website, just mention Angi....

03/17/2020

Tamara F.

Technician came out and spent around a half hour trying to figure out the problem. He then made a phone call to LG/Kenmore to determine if parts were available for our older model refrigerator, which were not. Because he was not able to repair it he didn't charge me anything. He was professional and beyond fair. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Refrigerator make alarm sounds for no reason.

07/08/2017

Donna C.

Scott called and was busy that day but set an appointment for the following day. A bit gruff on the phone but we went with him anyway. When he came he was very fast moving and it scared me a bit that something may get broken on frig, but he got things apart promptly and had it diagnosed very quickly and concisely. He presented the cost to us and gave us the option of defrosting the freezer ourselves or for his added cost. We chose the added cost and were quite glad. He had an excellent mess-free, fast way of defrosting that was well worth the $50 charge! (We had a huge mess the week before and many hours of work defrosting it the previous week thinking we had it fixed.) He replaced the defrosting thermostat very professionally and got it all back together and up and running again. He seems to understand the workings of the frig very well and was able to answer our questions in a very understandable manner. He became much more personable after being here for a bit also. We received Angies List, Senior, and Cash discounts which reduce the charges nicely. We were pleased with the total outcome (though I was skeptical after first call) and would definitely use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Refrigerator not working. but freezer seemed to still be functioning.

09/11/2015

Sally O.

There was a broken spring on the drawer that prevented it from closing all the way - and with the warm tempertures we were having, warm air was getting in and causing frost and lots of ice build up - that ice made it even harder to close and more ice built up. Scott took all the drawers out and thoroughly cleaned everything; he also fixed the handle that was loose. It was a mess but he made sure that the floor was kept dry and cleaned everything up before he left. He was quick, professional and friendly - and patiently answered all my questions (even the dumb ones). I hope I don't need him again for this issue - but he will be the first one I call if I do have other appliance issues.

Description of Work
First Scott professionally dealt with my panicked phone call on Thursday evening regarding the fact my bottom drawer freezer was not cooling properly. He has some questions to help in determining if there was anything I could do to fix it....there wasn't ... so we set an appointment for Saturday. However, he had a cancellation Friday and came out then. Made my weekend - to not have to wait until then!!

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/21/2015

Aaron I.

Called Scott in a Friday night. He was amazing. Gave excellent advice on what to do until he came out the next day. Arrived on time and called to let us know when he was minutes away. He diagnosed the problem within 5 minutes of walking through the door. In and out within an hour. He was super nice and very professional. Couldn't be happier. I will definitely contact him again if needed

Description of Work
Fixed our refrigerator

03/01/2015

Al S.

First of all, this bottom freezer refrigerator is 14 yrs. old. It has been repaired several times by GE repair men who had to replace the evaporator fan motor each time they came out. The service warranty was renewed when it expired, which covered everything for another four yrs. I tried renewing again, but was told that it was too old to be sold another warranty. Sur eenough, the refrigerator went bad last month and I went looking for help on Angie's list.

Description of Work
He diagnosed the problem with my refrigerator, explaining what my options are and the cost of the services. This included clearing the ice that accumulated around the evap. fan, which caused it to burn out. Then installing a drain heater so that the draining water does not freeze around the fan blades again. Then install a new evap fan motor.

12/29/2014

Donald S.

Scott was very responsive and was able to fix the problem. He even went so far as to follow up 24 hours later to be sure all was working well! I would definitely recommend and use him again.

Description of Work
I have a less than three year old KitchenAid French Door and the ice-maker just quit.

09/18/2014

christina N.

The repairman was Scott. He was great! Definitely a refrigerator repair guru! He was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He returned my initial call the same day and if the problem was urgent, he was even willing to come out that same day even though it was late in the evening. He asked some questions over the phone and told me what the likely problem was and the cost range to repair it. I made an appointment for the next day with a two hour window. He arrived with in the agreed upon time frame. Scott explained exactly what he was doing and showed me the problem as he was working. He has a pre-set cost list for the specific repairs.The prices were fair and well worth the quality workmanship. ( I had paid Sears Home Repair for the same problem a few months ago and they only cleared the built up ice and claimed that the drain tube was blocked even thought they found nothing blocking it - Sears was clueless as to the actual cause of the problem.) I would definitely call on A Fast Local Repair Service for any refrigerator repair again and I highly recommend their services. They are the experts!

Description of Work
He explained exactly what was causing the copious water drainage problem inside my refrigerator and repaired it. I also had him replace a noisy fan, which he said I didn't need to do unless the noise bother me. There was no pressure at all. He had all the parts on hand to make these repairs. Also at no additional charge: he readjusted the freezer door which wasn't closing properly and he discovered that the freezer airflow knob wasn't working, he removed the cover, set the airflow and I didn't need to replace any parts for that issue. The repair visit was about an hour and a half. He was very thorough.

09/07/2014

Katielee G.

When I first called Scott he answered my call and spent 10-15 minutes on the phone with me getting a complete history of the problem. He said he would call me back in 24 hours after he could do a bit of research and he called me back exactly as promised. He came out the next day to diagnose the problem. He ordered a part and called as soon as it was available (a couple of days) -- in the meantime he made my freezer temporarily work so I could use it. Scott installed the new part and it started working immediately. The price was fair, Scott was professional, honest and always on time. I couldn't be happier with his work.

Description of Work
Scott fixed my sub-zero freezer -- it wasn't staying cold or making ice -- this was a recurring problem that a different company failed to fix properly.

06/17/2014

NICOLE O.

Unfortunately I couldn't fix my fridge but the technician gave my great advice on buying a new fridge. The technician was prompt, honest, and knowledgeable. I was happy when I called at 10:30 pm on a Saturday and he said he wold come by on Sunday to take a look at my fridge.

Description of Work
Check to see if my fridge could be fixed

04/26/2014

Elias F.

Scott did a great job. He was prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Repaired my fridge and freezer.

Home Comfort Systems Inc

9 Employees. Cost is determined by the job. Additional phones - (847) 679-8329, (630) 352-0344. Award wining.

Air Blue Heating & Cooling Inc

**$25 off any repair $100 or more (exclusions apply) ASK US FOR DETAILS** Air Blue Heating & Cooling Inc. is full service heating and cooling company staffed by experienced, trained, and courteous professionals. We serve you with over 30 years of HVAC field experience. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, and will make sure that your every HVAC need and request is satisfied 100% of the time. Air Blue Heating & Cooling, Inc. is fully licensed, bonded, insured, and our technicians are factory trained. We are a member of the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) which is the leading certificate program for technicians in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry and is the only test supported by the entire industry. We offer safety efficiency maintenance agreements as a pillar to the reliability of your heating and cooling needs. To maintain your system for year-round comfort and reliability. we recommend you get your spring and fall tune-up and service every year.

Offers by Air Blue Heating & Cooling Inc on Angi
    G & R Heating & Air

We are a family owned and operated company, specializing in heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, and more! We personally care for each customer like our own family. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

$10