Alliance Moving & Storage

Founded 2015 • With Angi since May 2017

4.1

3201 Tollview Dr

ROLLING MEADOWS, IL 60008

Alliance Moving & Storage offers full service Residential and Commercial moving solutions. Our mission is to provide Professional, Affordable, & Reliable moving service while being Honest & upfront with our customers. We strive to provide exceptional service on every move. Our team of professional movers work carefully and efficiently to save you money when it counts the most. Have Questions regarding a upcoming move? Our dedicated customer service team is always on call to provide you support before and after the move. Need boxes delivered before your move date? No Problems! We go the extra mile for our customers. For us a move is not complete until our customers are satisfied. Additional Contact: contact@alliancemoving.com...

04/30/2022

Sarah H.

First, this is the page for the Rolling Meadows, IL company not the company based out of FL w a similar name. Once you pick those confused reviews out of the mix - it’s clear this is a professional, customer-focused company. I’ve previously always moved with a different Chicago moving company but had to explore other options this year as they didn’t have my move date available. Glad that happened! Alliance was responsive, punctual, professional, and customer focused. Couldn’t have asked for more AND their pricing is much more competitive than the company I used to work w! Finally, I have to give my moving team a special “thank you” bc they actually pulled my box spring mattress up three floors with straps via the balcony! (My new stairwell is a super tight squeeze and it was just far too big). I’ll for sure be using Alliance my next move!

Description of Work
Apartment move in Chicago - Great Work!

12/19/2021

Dillan S.

My first experience with a cross-country move. Moved from Oregon to Virginia where I'm now stationed, and got a fair quote as well as a discount I qualified for due to amount of cubic feet we had. They worked with my husband and I financially and allowed us to delay payment as needed. However, only after everything was packed and loaded in the truck, were we notified that our final price would be MORE THAN DOUBLE our quote. Called the employee's direct line who gave the initial quote, and didn't offer any assistance other than taking it up with customer service. Called customer service SEVERAL times, and instead of working something out, proceeded to be defensive, screamed at my husband, and hung up on us twice. They've since refused to talk with us now. The unprofessional treatment we've received is appalling. Would absolutely recommend doing your research and don't recommend this company whatsoever.

Description of Work
Cross-Country Move

02/02/2021

Saadia W.

Worst company ever! Borderline scammers. Justin was the worst. We were quoted 1100 cubic feet and quoted 6100 for the move. The movers showed up and stated we actually needed 2500 cubic feet and the total move would cost 18000! We could not afford it at that point so we just asked for a refund of our 2000 dollar deposit. 4 weeks later no one in customer service was helpful, was hung up on, promised a call back that never happened. Very unprofessional. They concluded that we refused their service because we could not afford to pay 18K and that the deposit is non refundable lol like what???? As a military member I am saying....Don't do it people!

Description of Work
Household goods need to be moved

12/11/2020

Amanda I.

They book you with one price come to your house and double it and then use religious words to pull you what ever they need to say to get you in. Tell you a days and you dont get it when they say. You can never reach them all of a sudden. It's a scam.

Description of Work
State to state move

11/10/2020

Judy N.

DO NOT USE-THEY TOOK MY MONEY, BROKE A TV WHICH THEY REFUSE TO PAY FOR AFTER BUYING 25,000 IN INSURANCE. THE TV WAS 3500 DOLLARS AND ONLY 11/2 YEARS OLD. THEY ARE SCAMMERS-AND DO NOT PROMISE WHAT THEY TELL YOU, BUT THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY JUDY NILLES

Description of Work
They broke my tv-refuse to pay for it after buying 25,000 in insurance

Category moving companies,storage units

09/24/2020

Michael G.

It went GREAT. They arrived right on time with a crew ready to work. They had great teamwork that made the job look easy. I was amazed at how fast and professionally they worked. It was a pleasure to see them take such great care of all our belonging. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Moved the entire contents of our home to our new house

07/07/2020

Tiffany A.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They were a NO-SHOW on the day of my move and it's been almost 3 weeks and I still haven't received my refund! And now, every time I call them they put me on hold and then they just hang up. If I do manage get thru to someone they have an attitude, they tell me my refund has been "processed", but can't say whether or not it's been mailed to me (why the **** are you mailing me a paper check anyway - I paid you electronically and I should get a refund in the same manner). Shady shady shady! They are just a dispatch company that outsources moving/transport of your goods to other shady third-party companies. And when things go wrong, they will leave you hanging. Long story short - I called several companies to get quotes for my move from DC to Cali and I decided to go with Alliance Moving & Storage because I felt their quote was fair and they seemed to have a good handle on things (even though the 5% they charge you to use a debit/credit card is ridiculous). So, I booked a flight and hotel to go all the way back to DC from California to be there for the 2-day window they gave me for the move. I called them several times as the 2-day window approached to make sure they had all details correct and that everything was on track. My storage unit closes access at 10pm and I knew if he didn't show up on time, the move wouldn't happen. They assured me every time that things were fine. Fast forward to the day of the move, they told me the driver would arrive between 11am-2pm. This is also how I learned that they outsourced the move to Boost Express Van Lines. Around 2pm I started to get texts from the Boost driver saying he was 35 minutes away and would be there soon. He even sent me fake screenshots of Google Maps showing he was 35 mins away. At 4pm, still no show and he stopped replying to texts and wasn't answering the phone. I called Alliance and spoke with several reps and they kept saying the driver is on his way, etc. At 6pm, still no driver and I couldn't get in touch with anyone at Alliance. He finally decided to answer his phone and was saying he wasn't sure he'd make it. And when I called him out for lying to me all day, his response was "we'll give you a discount". ***? By 8pm he still didn't show, and I emailed every contact I had for Alliance requesting my refund - no one ever responded. I've been calling every week and still don't have my money back. I'm getting the runaround. All of this has been absolutely disheartening, on top of all the extra stress that comes with moving during a pandemic. This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any company. How do you drop the ball and then act like I'm annoying you by asking for my money back? You took my money without hesitation, but now you're fumbling around refunding me even though you dropped the ball. The way they handled this whole thing is horrible. Their customer service is really unprofessional and I regret doing business with them.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Category moving companies

Hello [Member Name Removed], we are actually not the moving company. Their is another mover similar to our name located in Florida. They are a broker, we have been receiving multiple complaints due to the similarity in our name and our online presence. We'd kindly request to have this review removed as we did not service your move. Please contact us at 847-378-4949 for any additional assistance or details.

12/04/2018

Malia R.

This company was Great!! From my initial call to them and after speaking to Jeff, I was very Pleased with his phone mannner, his kindness and understanding. He was very informative and knowledgeable. He was friendly and funny and understanding to my needs. The movers arrived on time and Benny and his team were very firendly, kind and hard workers. They did a GREAT JOB!!!! They were patient too. They were almost done loading when I realized, I forgot the clothes in the closet and Benny said no problem.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! MALIA

Description of Work
Moving to new location

Category moving companies,storage units

09/05/2018

SUSAN K.

I needed furniture moved from my garage into 2 rooms after having my floors redone. The floor company had moved it out but I didn't think they did a professional job and I didn't want my floors wrecked. Since there was a minimum I also had them move a bookcase to the basement and move some furniture to a local resale shop. They were very nice and careful. I would highly recommned.

Description of Work
moved furniture into house and to resale

05/17/2018

Erna J.

Thank you Alliance Moving & Storage (Jeff Bach) for all of your help and sending Jose Reyes and his crew (Celedino and Felix) to our home today to move the two heavy and fragile vanities from our garage into our home. They were friendly, professional and all around AWESOME! We are still so shocked and in awwwe how they carried the 300lb vanity to the second floor and placed it exactly where we needed it to go—kudos to them. We were also impressed with the fact that they also bundled up all of the packing materials the vanities came with to allow us to dispose of them easily. They didn’t have to do that and we certainly appreciate it. Thank you again! We will definitely refer Alliance Moving & Storage to everyone. Regards, A very HAPPY and SATISFIED customer

Description of Work
We needed two very heavy and fragile bathroom vanities (300lb and 200lb) moved into our home and brought to the second floor.

New City Moving Inc

New City Moving is located in Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI, and services residential and commercial clients looking to move within Illinois and Wisconsin. We do not use temp labor in the scope of our business and are members of the Better Business Bureau with an A rating. We look forward to working with you to meet and exceed all your moving and packing needs.

STI Moving & Storage Inc

STI Moving and Storage is your one-stop-shop for professional moving and storage. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, facilities and highly trained professionals. Our mission is to deliver: dependable, worry-free moving at an affordable price throughout Metropolitan Chicago and across the Continental United States. Not only do we specialize in local and long distance moves, we also provide storage for our clients.

MicroShip Inc

When you need a small move company in Chicago, you don’t want to pay big move prices. That’s why MicroShip is your best choice for moving items that won’t fill a van line truck. We’ve been doing it for over 20 years. Whether you’re moving a riding lawn mower, relocating an office, delivering goods, distributing an estate, staging things in storage, changing apartments or helping a senior downsize, you need a small move company that delivers big move professionalism and service - a company where less actually costs less. Welcome to MicroShip - the Midwest’s biggest small move company. Our prices are up to 50% less than van line prices on out of state moves. Experts in estate moves. We have no weight minimum for out of state shipping or moves.

Offers by MicroShip Inc on Angi

Alliance Moving & Storage offers full service Residential and Commercial moving solutions. We provide local and long distance moving services. We also offer partial and full service packing.