MIDWEST STONE SOURCE + DESIGN STUDIO

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

915 23rd St

Rockford, IL 61108

We combine excellent design & creativity with technical, construction, & managment expertise to deliver inspirational spaces that work!...

04/27/2017

Jennifer S.

We were very happy with the people, products and professionalism of Midwest Stone Source.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel.

Category countertops, hardwood floor, home remodeling

03/18/2016

Charles G.

The whole team knows just how to design and everything to look for, having a customer that is so unsure is difficult for sure. I bring all my clients to Mid West so that we can design the best space for the best price! I wouldn't go anywhere else! Thank you Team Midwest!

Description of Work
Awesome Designs and just an incredible staff have helped us tremendously!

Category countertops, architect

02/02/2016

LAURIE R.

Description of Work
They are amazing with their scheduling, crews and products

11/07/2015

Andy O.

The installation went smoothly, the installer was professional and knowledgeable. The finished installation is beautiful.

Description of Work
Installed a tile backsplash

Category ceramic tile, countertops

08/30/2015

Peggy G.

Turned out beautiful. Looks like a dream kitchen!

Description of Work
Installed beautiful counters in remodeled kitchen areas. Also wetbar top and behind stove. + Jody and Sue we're great to work with + installation staff were marvelous! + Detail oriented. Unable to see seams. Workmanship was great.

05/18/2015

Kristi Y.

Jodi was right on time, polite and courteous. She took pictures and said she would have an itemized estimate for the work to be performed by early the next week. I'm still waiting for that estimate.

Description of Work
Jodi came to look at the bathroom that needs remodeling.

05/06/2015

Amber D.

They were wonderful, but too expensive. We went with another local contractor that was 20% cheaper, same quality material.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for granite countertops.

03/30/2015

Dawn P.

My husband and I are busy professionals with two boys. We didn't have time to research every kitchen product. We just knew we wanted a workable, attractive and durable kitchen. The design team helped us efficiently develop the kitchen design based upon our family priorities and select products and finishes to suit our needs. They helped me quickly weigh the pro's and con's for selecting cabinets, floor finish, counter tops, sink, faucets and saved me hours of research. The choices of finishes was so overwhelming to us. They recommended affordable updates to consider for our home that I didn't think we could afford. All materials arrived on time and most importantly, everything stayed within our budget. It was such a pleasure to work with this team. There were several snafu's and timing issues about installing the cook top stove that was out of their control. Each team member calmly discussed options when a problem came up. Their professionalism and motivation to delight us with their service was evident. We trust the team at Midwest Stone Source and will be using them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and guest bathroom remodel: designed and supplied cabinets, sinks, floor tile, and installed granite counter top.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

03/20/2015

Michael H.

Description of Work
They had to cut a granite countertop to accept a new stove. The two guys that were sent did a fantastic job.

03/17/2015

Sue H.

They were very nice to work with and very responsive. I worked with a lady named Sue who was very nice to work with.

Description of Work
We purchased granite counter tops and back splash from them.

10/16/2014

Sandra C.

It turned out great. They were really nice to work with. They're really helpful in creating a design. They're very patient with me making a decision. They're very accommodating to my schedule. It was a really positive experience.

Description of Work
They remodeled my kitchen.

10/15/2014

Norm G.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen

10/08/2014

Tammie B.

10/02/2014

Monica P.

It was okay. I would probably check out and see what other things were out there. I have never done anything like this and I hired somebody to oversee all of it. The countertop and backsplash look nice. The lady that helped me did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
I had kitchen countertop put in and backsplash put in.

06/08/2014

Bob Z.

Countertop installation went well. We had to have them come out several times after installation to patch little pits in the stone. The backsplash was a different story. Installation was extremely poor quality. Installer was not detail oriented at all. We had to have him try to fix his alignment mistakes repeatedly. He was not capable of doing the job with any sense of professionalism.

Description of Work
Installed granite countertops and backsplash.

Category countertops, architect

06/03/2014

Barbara S.

Got it measured and installed in a timely fashion. Very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Installed granite counter tops.

03/31/2014

dave C.

During the counter top installation there seem to be confusion with regards to the plumb and squareness of the cabinets the granite was installed on. The contractor (Badger Pro) was able assist and solve the problem.

Description of Work
Provided Granite Counter Tops, Composite Kitchen Sink, Hardwood Flooring. Installed counter tops.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/06/2014

Charles D.

The sales person (Dan) was very knowledgeable and brought up several points for consideration not mentioned by others. The granite selection was very good, and we were encouraged to bring in a cabinet door to aid in the selection process (which was surprisingly helpful). The installers were very professional. They were on time, exhibited good quality workmanship, and were very thorough in cleaning up. Overall a painless experience. Midwest Stone was not the least expensive, but they were well below (nearly half) the two high bidders. As with any major home improvement project, it pays to shop. We were also impressed with our initial contact with Lonnie's Stonecrafters and L A Kitchens, but Midwest Stone had the granite we wanted for a reasonable price. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
After shopping five or so businesses (no big box stores) for granite counter tops, we chose Midwest Stone Source.

11/20/2013

Ray B.

The service from Midwest Stone Source was superb from beginning to end. Dan helped us design and select granite for our kitchen counter top. His professionalism was mirrored in everyone else at Midwest with whom we came into contact. The installation work was beautifully done and the service was prompt. We are delighted to recommend Dan and Midwest Stone Source.

Description of Work
Designed, fabricated, and installed new granite counter tops in our kitchen.

05/12/2013

John M.

I purchased an unfinished loft in downtown Rockford and the developer recommended Midwest Stone so I worked with Jodi to choose the granite for my kitchen, both bathrooms, and quartz for a seating arrangement. Jodi did an amazing job of making the experience fun while also ensuring that all of my needs/wants were exceeded. She went through countless samples of stone until we finally found the perfect fits. When the installers came out they were very very professional and were really concerned with my needs and wanted everything to look perfect for me. The installation crew did an amazing job with the install and I get many compliments on the stone in my loft thanks to Midwest Stone...

Description of Work
Granite countertops for kitchen, two bathrooms, and quartz for a seating arrangement.

01/26/2013

Katie W.

Overall we were very pleased with our experience. Everything was done in a timely maner. They even put things on hold for us when we had a small accident with the waterline to our ice maker. The quality of the new cabinet is superb. The counter tops are in excellent condition. The one hiccup was that the people who installed our sink did not bring the proper braces, and didn't even realize it. It took my husband realizing it was unsupported to have something done; however, when he called they immediately had someone come out to put the proper braces in. Our kitchen looks incredible now. We would definitely call them again if we needed similar work done, but if given a better quote from elsewhere we wouldn't hesitate to switch companies too.

Description of Work
They removed our old countertops, put in new ones,removed our old sink, put in a new one, installed the glass tile backsplash we had purchased from Home Depot, created a custom cabinet and installed it with the new countertop.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

06/15/2012

Deb K.

We will keep you updated with progress.

Description of Work
I called and spoke with Bath designer.Sue. We are interested in master bath remodel. She understood my situation.( of not knowing what exactly what I wanted to do.) We setup a appt to come out and review and discuss my needs. She then called back 2 days later to ask if she could bring out another person to help with the project. More the better. Looking forward to estimate. Great start ! First impressions are very inportant.

05/22/2012

neil P.

They are a little pricey but the product is beautiful and everything turns out great.

Description of Work
They installed granite counter tops. They put one of the higher end protective coatings on them. They also installed a new sink and faucet.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

02/17/2012

Ellen T.

They were knowledgeable on tile and helped us figure out what kind of tile we wanted. The price was a little higher than I wanted but I got the bathroom I wanted.

Description of Work
MIDWEST STONE SOURCE remodeled my bathroom.

01/24/2012

Christina L.

I am thrilled with the results. Midwest Stone Source was recommended by a friend. I had received zero attention at the big box stores so I decided to check them out. I showed up right before they were closing on a Saturday but Dan graciously spent a little time with me getting an idea of what I was looking for. As promised, he called on Monday and scheduled an appointment to come out for a rough measurement and to explain everything. Once that was all taken care of I went to the shop to pick out my stone. I was given very warm treatment and found a stone that I had in mind. A couple days later, Kevin came out to laser measure my kitchen and by the end of the week the counters were installed. The installers were friendly and worked quickly. My home was built in 1920 and there is nothing plumb about it, except maybe my counter tops now. It is amazing what a difference they make. My only complaint is that I feel they should have vacuumed out my cabinets after removing the old counters. It only took me 15 minutes, so it's not a big deal but it would have been a nice touch. I feel I was charged a fair price and received excellent product and service.

Description of Work
Granite counter top and sink installation

Flooring Trends

We offer a variety of flooring options to fit every style and budget. We are a family owned and operated business with 25 years of flooring installation and sales experience.

Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc.

Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. has won the Super Service Award five years in a row in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. and its employees take pride in our work! Our priority is customer service. We are the #1 seamless gutter company in the state of Illinois. We're a tree service company too! We can get to any tree you have with our new Teupen Spider equipment! We are a full service contractor who specializes in 6" residential seamless gutters, gutter guard and we are the only contractor in Illinois who specializes in 7" commercial seamless gutters! At Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. we can take care of all you metal work such as soffit, fascia, window capping, etc. We also do roofing, siding, windows, concrete, garages, room additions, decks, power washing, doors, windows and much more! We cover all of the Rockford and Peoria areas! For a quick response time, call 815.712.1227!

Buck Buckleys Total Basement Finishing

Imagine finishing your basement at an affordable price by experienced professionals-- and not only having it stay warm, but beautiful and healthy for the rest of your life. Buck Buckley's Total Basement Finishing uses mold, mildew and moisture resistant materials specifically made for the basement. Have our company's professional installers finish your basement and create the space you have always wanted. Warranties are proved along with WOW service. Additional Phone number - (262-337-9720). Additional DBAs - Lake Side TBF LLC, Lake Side Total Basement Finishing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

One stop remodeling shop! We have 26,000 sq. ft. facility, including a showroom of flooring, cabinets and countertop selections. Kitchen and bath remodeling. Cabinets, flooring, stone and quartz countertop fabrication on-site, full showroom, full interior design services with 20/20, 3D technology. The sales staff have interior design degrees and attend educational workshops throughout the year.