Dry Otter Basement Waterproofing LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2010

6878 Wild Coyotes Way

Rockford, IL 61103

Angie's List 2012, 2013 and 2014 Super Service Award winner. Servicing Illinois and Wisconsin. Co owners, Nick and Jonathan came together to start a company to serve both Wisconsin and Illinois, where they could utilize their 20 plus years experience assisting consumers with home improvement and development as well as water and air treatment. Their idea was to start a basement waterproofing company-Dry Otter Basement Waterproofing. Their goals are to provide a healthier home for their customers and develop long lasting business relationships but more importantly, friendships. Service area covered: Southern WI and Northern IL. Award wining.Additional email - dryotter@dryotterbasement.com....

02/15/2019

Josh P.

Nick and the Dry Otter crew do fantastic work. Everything from beginning to end was top notch. The estimate was true, the work was done well and on time, and the result of the project is perfect. I live on the East Side of Madison and have had water seeping into my basement for years now. Dry Otter trenched all the way around my basement and installed a sump pump. I've been thinking of doing this project for years and met with all of the local companies that do this, and I'm very glad that I picked Dry Otter for the project. I was definitely nervous about possibly having to rip out the existing basement stairs as part of the job, but these guys were able to preserve the existing stairs which saved me from a huge additional cost. I'd recommend anyone to strongly consider this company for a sump pump installation. They answered all of my questions after the job and even sent someone after the project was done to tighten a nut on the water meter that was slowly leaking. Now I'm turning half of my basement into a chill out zone for the kids and keeping the other half as a utility basement. Our house just became way better. Probably the best thing I can say about this crew is that they are honest business people that stand by their work. Expect a job done well, on time, and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks again for choosing us and always great to hear how happy a customer is!

12/21/2018

GERRY B.

work was done in the promised time frame. The crew worked hard, answered any questions we had, were polite, and made sure work area was kept clean.

Description of Work
installation of interior drain system including new sump pump and backup pump. Required that concrete be jackhammered , perforated, tile layed and then concrete poured on top

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the business, the wonderful review and the tasty cookies!

10/10/2017

David H.

Very nice guy. Responsive and very professional.

Description of Work
Offered great advice and didn't feel we needed to do anything major to address some water coming in through basement fireplace.

Category basement waterproofing

Happy to offer some advice and thank you for having me take a look!

09/05/2017

Teresa H.

I was so impressed with the owner's quick response to the voicemail message I left, his professionalism, and his willingness to talk through the situation with me. He ended up advising me to seek services from a general contractor who might be better able to give me the help I really needed (address the root cause of the leaking by replacing the slab and repairing the rotting entryway), rather than what I thought I needed (basement waterproofing). He could've tried to get some business from me with a band-aid repair, but instead was honest. Even after it was clear he wouldn't be getting my business, he still stayed on the phone to help educate me on what to look for. I am super-impressed and would love to give this guy my business in the future.

Description of Work
I called regarding a cracked concrete slab/stairs that were allowing water to seep through into basement, crumbling the upper part of wall and washing in sediment.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

My pleasure and thank you for the fantastic review!

07/12/2017

Pati A.

The rep came and inspected the basement and quickly said, 'You don’t need us, you need a landscaper to regrade the soil away from your house. That will solve your problem.' I did have that done and it solved my problem. I appreciated the integrity and honesty he brought to my situation. I recommend these people whenever I can.

Description of Work
Correction of wet basement

05/18/2017

Joan W.

Co-owner Jonathan showed up for site appraisal very promptly. He was able to schedule repair work for following morning--it was worth it to me to pay a premium as my property had just been listed for sale. Team of Leader Mike and Helper Paul were on-time, efficient, attentive to clean-up, and answered questions I had throughout the Emecole Crack Repair process (which was fascinating to watch being done). Dry Otter responded same day with my telephone inquiry about the 10 yr transferable warranty, which I received by email. It was a breeze from A-to-Z dealing with Dry Otter. Definitely worth going with these professionals, and the transferable warranty gives peace -of-mind. Thanks to Dry Otter for a job well done!

Description of Work
Repair foundation crack.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the call and we were happy to accommodate your tight time frame. Hope all goes well with the sale and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thanks!

04/11/2017

Julie B.

They were pleasant to work with, worked hard and got the job done quickly. They cleaned up after themselves and were very professional.

Description of Work
drain tile and sump pump installed in part of the basement.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the wonderful review and it was a pleasure working with you!

11/15/2016

Jesse M.

Great experience with Nick and John at Dry Otter. We are selling our home and were in a time crunch. Though very busy this time of year, they were able to add us in their schedule at a time that fit our closing requirements. We also got separate quotes from competitors. Nick and John provided a fair price, great service and great communication. They also provide structural work when necessary, though that was not necessary for our situation.

Description of Work
Seal of 2 large cracks in basement wall with above-average high ceilings. Cracks were from top to bottom on the wall.

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Good luck with your new home and please keep us in mind if you have any issues with your basement there.

10/05/2016

Gary V.

Great work! The work was done on a house we had for sale. Dry otter came in did the work so we would be done by the closing time. The other local contractors were more expensive, "G" contractor even wanted to avoid a meeting with us to explain what they were offering, and another contractor was 3 weeks out for even giving us a quote. We will absolutly use "Dry Otter" again!

Description of Work
Drain tile and foundation support.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the wonderful review and happy we got the work done for you in time for closing!

08/22/2016

Kristin R.

Nick and his team were friendly, organized and easy to work with. Nick was responsive during the estimating process and the team worked quickly in time so that the work was complete prior to closing on our house. He was also good at providing rationale about why and why not to do some of the things our buyers asked for and while he could have done a service that would have cost more money and increased his job - he advocated for taking a leaner approach because it was the best solution for the job. I would work with him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Vapor Barrier in basement on a tight timeline

Category basement waterproofing

We appreciate the wonderful review and the business! Enjoy your new home!

CLEAN USA

Local, certified, family owned…That’s us at Clean USA. As the consumer’s number one choice in cleaning and restoration services, we’re proud to deliver a premier lineup of carpet cleaning solutions to clients across northern Illinois and the surrounding communities. That goes for both residential and commercial clients. With free no obligation consultations, pet & kid friendly products, 12 month spot & spill warranties and our 100% happiness guarantee, for your complete peace of mind.

Offers by CLEAN USA on Angi
    Esquivel Landscaping & Construction

Esquivel Landscaping is serving and assisting our clients with sincerity, efficiency and authenticity with their home projects and commercial needs. We offer a plethora of services in Landscaping, Hardscaping & Construction.

U.S. Waterproofing

Basement waterproofing and foundation repair company. Family owned since 1957 with over 300,000 dry basements. Free consultations. Lifetime warranties available. Award winning company.

Wisconsin
    State
    12/31/2018
    Visa, MasterCard, Check

Drain track, tile, sump pumps, wall crack repair, thermal moisture wall vapor barrier, crawlspace encapsulation, dehumidifiers, mold and odor prevention, foundation and crack repair, sealing, concrete raising, mud jacking, void filling & concrete grinding.

Water & fire restoration.