Joseph H Huemann & Sons Inc

Founded 1902 • With Angi since June 2008

5205 S Hwy 31

Ringwood, IL 60072

We are a Family owned and operated business sice 1902. We have 15 highly trained employees with an average of 18 years experience with our company. We accept all major credit cards except American Express....

10/31/2018

ken M.

2 guys came with a truck.Pull up the section by section which is the measures 20 ft long and replaced the 30 years old pump with a brand new one.No mistakes made and professional.

Description of Work
They replaced pump of the well.

08/31/2017

David H.

Terrible outcome. They saw that the area where the conduit passes through the foundation of the house had been repaired to seal leaks (basement waterproofing project the year before). They passed the new conduit through the same area, disturbing the waterproofing seal. They made no attempt to seal it from the outside before backfill or from the inside. When the water started to flow through the leak they opened, they tried to repair is and had no luck. I hired the original waterproofing company to reseal the foundation. The owner of Huemann refused to share in the cost of the repair.

Description of Work
Well repair. The well was leaking outside the house near the well cap. When they dug up the area they found that the connections to the inside mechanicals needed to be replaced as well.

04/19/2017

Merim B.

Jason was simply outstanding in conversation and follow through. I called at 730 in the morning to report we had no water. They asked about my system and then said a crew would arrive 10-12pm. I got a call from Jason letting me know they were on their way and they arrived within 20 minutes in the scheduled window. Steve the tech was great and moved very quickly to diagnose the issue and resolve the problem. Water was restored by 1230pm. Everything was professional and courteous from beginning to end. Highly recommend and they have earned my business for as long as I'm here.

Description of Work
Lost well water pressure. Controller need to to be replaced.

10/31/2016

Debbie E.

Very pleased

Description of Work
Well tank repair

06/15/2016

DAVE B.

Some companies charge for a dry hole. Even when there are wells all around you, dry holes happen! Huemann does not charge for dry holes; rather than blast that one installation with a huge charge they charge everyone a tiny bit more to cover it. We went with them because of that, and it was a good thing. 400 feet of dry hole. Drilled a new well 75 feet away and hit water in 190 feet. Also, they're very friendly, informative, and professional. And the pricing was comparable to other companies.

Description of Work
Drilled new well, ran line to house, hooked up tank. Price included extra large pump and extra large tank.

Category wells

Hello Mr [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Jeff Huemann

05/27/2016

Cynthia L.

They performed diagnostics to determine what to replace, first we did well tank, and my switch was going in and out. My gauge had also stopped working properly. They discussed what they would start would the price and cost and about how long it would take. Adam and Will were my techs ad they were very professional and respectful to make sure they contained the water etc so my items were safe. (I have shelves right next to my pump with all my holiday decorations, and seasonal items) After that we were hoping it fixed the problem, however after recycling the system the well wasn't drawing water so the pump was going in and out. They quickly began working, tied off trees around my well. They answered all my questions as they worked so I could now understand how this whole well system works. We have lived here since 1994 and have never had any major problems with our well or water. Before I knew it they had everything replaced, and we had water. They were able to bypass my softener etc and hopefully from the loss of water it isn't clogged. I was impressed by the companies quick response, Jason in the office was very forth coming and professional in my initial contact. Adam also gave me information to look for or watch for in the future that can save me future problems if the well tank etc fails again. While it is unfortunate this happened and we all like to hang on to our cash...this company was reasonable, quick, professional and I observed good quality work. I also appreciated them explaining and helping me understand what and why things can fail. Adam and Will are definitely an asset to this company, and I will definitely recommend them to my friends and use them in the future.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced a bad well tank, relay switch and well pump. I had lost my water, and it would come back on, they were very professional, prompt, and I am so glad I called today before the holiday weekend. I had called the office and Jason said would be there in the hour, I think they were here 15 mins later which was awesome especially since this was right before memorial day.

04/12/2016

George G.

Found different company that came out the next day and took care of things.

Description of Work
Tried to contact them through the Angie's List app which looked promising but no one replied. I tried calling directly during business hours but got no answer. Not sure if this was the company's problem or if it was Angie's List's fault.

09/12/2015

Barclay B.

They do not stand behind their products. I had a well pressure tank replaced for approx $1200 , three myrs. later the pressure tank went bad, and they said we do not have to charge you for the tank but we will charge you for labor another $300. I believe they should have replaced it for free. They should have collected from the tank company, because it was under warranty.

Description of Work
I had a well pressure tank replaced for approx $1200.

08/17/2015

Charlie M.

We have been using Huemann Well for over 16 years and they are, quite simply, the best there is! Our shared well water system (between 2 houses we own) was built in the early '70's and had been built to be very complicated and was VERY out of date. They serviced and maintained that system for over 16 years, and kept it running beautifully, before it finally gave up the ghost 2 weeks ago. After trying over 3 different service calls to see if they could rectify the problem, they finally decided that the system needed to be replaced and had the old one out and new one in within 5 days! There is absolutely no one else we will ever trust with our well and water issues. There's a reason why they've been in business so long, they're really that good!

Description of Work
Replaced a shared well pressure system

Category water softeners, wells

Hello [Member's name removed], Thank you for the review. I'm glad we meet your expectations. If you have questions don't hesitate to call. Jeff Huemann President

07/31/2015

Patricia A.

I submitted an email to service providers based on a possible well pump issue. My issue was possibly resolved by my current contractor/plumber, negating the need for additional service. Jason from Joseph H Huemann & Sons gave me a call to talk through my issue and provide some additional insight and guidance. The conversation was very good and the representative very friendly and professional. Even though I do not have work now, I would definitely consider this company for work.

Description of Work
Responded to my email request via phone call.

07/08/2015

Alexandra H.

We bought a foreclosed home originally built in 1948, and from the expression on the face of the guys who came out to perform service on our water system, the well dated back that far too. We had had an inspection done prior to purchase, but being the coldest day in January of this year, it was extremely limited. On top of that, the previous owners or caretakers while under FC had rigged the pressure tank to provide water to the house despite it being a broken system. We discovered these things when we called Huemann & Sons to chlorinate the well, as per the inspection results, and found that the pitless adapter in the well was seized. When the company that's been in business for 100+ years can't identify the parts used to construct your well, you know you have problems! The guys who showed up on the job were very professional and able to answer all my questions about how our water system worked, since I have never lived in a home with a private well. They made every effort to put together a plan of action for getting us safe and clean water and keeping our costs as low as possible. We were prepared for the possibility of having to dig an entirely new well, safely cap the old well, and run all new piping and equipment, but Huemann and Sons was able to pull the old pump out after cutting the well casing past the seized adapter and put in a properly fitting pump, They rebuilt the well to the right height above ground (our previous well cap was flush with the ground) and were able to connect to the line running underground into the house. Everything inside the house from that point was replaced, including a new pressure tank and gauge and connected with all new pipe and fittings. Huemann and Sons prepared us for the worst case scenario, then did a very professional job doing everything they could to keep that from happening. We now have a perfectly functioning well to provide safe and clean water for our home at half the cost of a new well and pressure tank. I would definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Replaced pressure tank, gauge, rebuilt piping inside the house, replaced pitless adapter and well pump.

Category wells

Hello Ms [member name removed], I'm very pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Should you need anything else don't hesitate to call. Sincerely, Jeff Huemann P.S. Thank you for the review

04/20/2015

Harold B.

They came out very quickly. I think I got value for my money so I give them an A on price. They're responsiveness is excellent. They were here when they say they will be. The professionalism is very good.

Description of Work
Joseph H Huemann & Sons replaced a faulty pressure tank for my well.

Category water softeners, wells

Thank you [member name removed] I'm glad we met you expectations. If there is anything we can do in the future to help you with your water needs don't hesitate to call. Sincerely, Jeff Huemann

04/02/2015

Rebecca C.

The chlorination process went very well. After the 24 hours and I could finally open up all the faucets in the house to let the chlorine out. I could not believe how dirty and slimy the water was. I could definitely tell this hasn't been done in 10 years. I am so glad I called Huemann to have this done. I will definitely make this a yearly maintenance appointment. Steve, thanks so much for taking the time to explain and show me exactly what each tank does.

Description of Work
I contacted Huemann to chlorinate my well due to the red/brown staining it was leaving on my appliances and shower walls. I have lived in the house for 10 years and was never told by the previous owner the well needs to be chlorinated yearly. Steve who performed the service was very nice, informative and very knowledgeable. He had explained the process and how it works. When I had asked questions Steve took the time and answered them. Steve had also showed me where and how to turn off the by-pass valves as well as turn them on both softner systems.

Category wells

Hello Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I'm glad to hear Steve took good care of you. If we can help you in anyway in the future don'y hesitate to call. Sincerely, Jeff Huemann

03/31/2014

Kendall L.

Woke up to NO water one morning at a time when MANY people were dealing with frozen pipes. Still, Huemann's was at our home that afternoon. Bob and Justin arrived exactly on time (nice touch - the office called me to let me know when they were on their way). Both were friendly and professional and let me know what they were doing and what the possible problems/solutions could be. We lucked out - it was just a broken well pump switch which they replaced and tested through 4 cycles to make sure everything was working. They were in and out in under 2 hours and I had water flowing once again. This is the second time that Huemann has come through for us when we had a problem, could have attempted to up sell us, and did not.

Description of Work
replaced the pressure switch on our well pump and charged the tank.

10/12/2013

The House M.

No response to 2 Angie's List messages, one sent 8/29/13 and second sent 10/4/13. Also no reply to email sent to address listed on company web site 10/7/13.

Category wells

Let me start by apologizing for us not receiving your message. We are fairly new to Angie's list yet and we did not see these messages. We have recently bought two well drilling companies that retired and went out of business so we have requests coming from many new angles and we are working through the changes. If we can assist you with your water well needs, PLEASE contact us at 815-385-0414. We would be more than willing to help you if you haven't resolved your problem to date. Thank you Angie's List for bringing this post to our attention, as we were not aware of it.

06/26/2013

Megan G.

Great experience overall and very honest! I had thought my pressure tank for my well needed to be replaced, so I called them up and scheduled the repair. They arrived right on time and after looking at my tank for no more than 10 minutes, they said that all it needed was a recharge. They mentioned that they could replace it since the tank model was older and would require periodic recharging in the future, but that the price would be much more and would require some plumbing modification. I was very happy they gave me the option since I would have no idea if the tank actually needed replacing and would have paid almost $1200 to have the tank replaced. I chose to just have them recharge. Forty-five minutes later, the job was complete and my tanks works like a charm! Definitely will use them in the future!

Description of Work
Re-charged pressure tank for well pump.

06/03/2013

John S.

Our well pump failed the morning of Memorial Day. We called Huemann. A human operator answered the phone, took down details and said a technician would call within 15 minutes. Sure enough, he did, and not long after that he showed up. It was a 4 hour job on a holiday, so quite expensive, but Jason the technician was punctual, courteous, friendly and very good at his job, so it was well worth the money (setting aside the fact that we had to have water). We highly recommend .

Description of Work
Replaced well pump

01/09/2013

Brian W.

Everything was as perfect as could be imagined for what they did.

Description of Work
I have had very little water pressure for over a month now. I called them out as I was pretty sure my well pump was going out. I did have issues with my well pump, but it ended up being something else as well. They were unbelievably responsive, incredibly proffesional, and quicker than could be imagined at getting the new pump in. If there was any complaint at all, there was 2 guys sent with really only room for one to work. I did get billed for both techs. The overall cost was still fair though.

10/20/2012

MATHEW K.

It was a great experience. I called them initially along with a few other well companies about when and why I should chlorinate our well. The person I spoke to was much more informative than at the other companies. The other companies gave me the classic...you should do it now and every year. Huemann told me not to do it until the fall because of the drought conditions and that every few years would probably be fine. They actually said that they would be happy talking me through it or that I could have them come out, I could take notes and then would be able to do it myself the next time if I wanted to. The second time I called the lady was really helpful, knew her stuff, guided me on the topic of getting my water tested and was easy to work with. They guys that performed the work were easy to talk to, answered my questions and were professional. I really felt good about the overall experience with these guys. I really felt like I wasn't paying for anything that I didn't need to and felt good about the overall transaction. I will definitely use them again for this service and for any other more major services. Don't waste your time calling anyone else. I did and I can tell you that it was clear that Huemann was the one to go with.

Description of Work
We had our well chlorinated.

08/13/2012

Karla D.

Exceptional service. This appointment was scheduled last Thursday after the first contractor I called didn't show up as promised. Heumann's worked within my schedule and promised to be at my home this morning between 9 and 12. They called around 10:00 to say they were on their way and arrived about 20 minutes later. Roger and a helper went to my basement and were done with the repair in about 1/2 hour. They also ran a diagnostic on my underground pump and reported it was in good condition. They checked the bladder in my tank and added air - then checked it again for any leaks. I couldn't be happier with their service and highly recommend them to others needing service to their home private well/pump system.

Description of Work
Fixed a short in our pump electrical unit

12/19/2010

David S.

When I called to inquire about a new water softener, Joseph H Huemann was able to help me out himself. He knew about my water quality in my neighborhood. Was able to explain to me the water softener that I needed. I was pleased with his knowledge of the products he sells and brand details. Also his concern of my needs, for my house water. The technician came to my house earlier, than planned, that day. Which was great! He was able to remove my old softener. Installed the new in the time he estimated. When the work was complete, explained to me the details of the new water softener and also gave me a coupon, for salt. I would recommend Joseph H Huemann & Sons Inc. to anyone!

Description of Work
Had my old water softener replaced with a new one. There was some minor additional plumbing that was needed, in order for the new one to function properly. The technician new exactly what he was doing and explained what was being done.

Category water softeners

08/28/2010

mary margaret P.

The system they recommended made a 100% improvement in our water quality. The installation and service was and continues to be awesome. They deliver the salt for the softener and also provide the filters for the drinking water system. weve had it all for about 2 years now it contines to work great. Highly recommend Huemann if your water is crummy!

Description of Work
Our well water was incredible bad, iron off the charts. Huemann recommended the Kinetico softener and drinking water filters.

Category water softeners

07/03/2010

james S.

very well. Men were there on time,finished the job in approximately half the time I was told, were very friendly and knowledgeable, and left all work areas clean. I already have asked for a quote for bringing water from the well to an out building. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
replaced old well pump with new constant pressure pump

10/01/2009

PAM D.

They did an excellent job. There was no additional charge to take it away. They were very thorough and came quickly to fix it. I have used them for years and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I used Joseph Huemann this past summer to put in a new holding tank for the water pump.

06/04/2008

Jeanne A.

At 8 pm the pump stopped working while I was in the shower - NO water! I called Huemann's emergency number and they had a repairman at my house within an hour. The first part he tested was the one that was broken, and it was replaced within 15 minutes. I had water once again! Although there was an extra charge for service outside of normal hours, it was worth every penny!

Description of Work
The service technician replaced an electrical relay switch on the pump.

AA Vintage Custom Soft Water

We are a small family business with over 45 years serving the NW Suburbs of Chicago. We supply water softeners, iron/sulfur filters, carbon filters, and reverse osmosis drinking systems. We offer custom-built products to meet your specific water needs! We are able to offer low prices due to our streamlined process of ordering custom-made systems. We also offer installation and delivery only options for do it your selfers!

Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is now offering ZERO HUMAN CONTACT SERVICE CALLS in order to keep our clients and employees safe and healthy! Lifeline is the winner of the Super Service Award each year since 2011, when we started our profile on Angies List. If you are looking for professional Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Heating or any type of HVAC services in the greater Chicago-land, area make the call to Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling! We put our customers first with everything we do. That is why we offer a comprehensive satisfaction guarantee on all the work we do, and on all the products we install. If you would like to speak with one of our experts and get scheduled for service, call us at (847) 468-0069.

Offers by Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning

Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing began as a father-son business operating out of a Chicago garage in 1971. They went from home to home repairing furnaces and air conditioners with the goal of offering their customers honest and competent service. No extra charge for 24 hr emergency service. Additional contacts: Chicago 773-413-1505 & 773-413-1028, South suburbs 708-406-3002, Southwest suburbs 815-306-2471, West suburbs 630-210-3352, North & Northwest 847-201-3222 , Northwest Indiana 219-228-8606, and (866) 444-2404. Additional emails - cs@fourseasons-chicago.com, customer.service@fourseasons-chicago.com, fs@fourseasons-chicago.com. Additional fax numbers- 773-284-9484, 847-783-0400. Additional contact names - David Musial. Additional DBAs - Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., Four Seasons Heating & Air.

Offers by Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Well Drilling, Pump Sales & Service, Real Estate Well Inspections, Well Chlorinations, Underground Water Line Repair & Pressure Tanks.