Peters Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1955 • With Angi since April 2012

4520 Broadway St

Quincy, IL 62305

Peters Heating and Air Conditioning is a Family owned business. It was opened in 1955 by Ralph and Charlie Peters. Our number one goal at Peters is to satisfy the customer and we have been doing so for over 57 years. We take pride in our high quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. Additional phone - (888) 491-4816. We service the areas around: Quincy IL, Hamilton IL, Pittsfield IL, Hannibal MO, Kirksville MO, Columbia MO, Troy MO, St Charles MO, O'fallon MO, St Peters MO, Wentzville MO, and Jefferson City, MO. Check out one of 7 locations; Hamilton, IL - 1975 Keokuk St, Hamilton, IL 62341; (217) 847-2777. Pittsfield, IL - 1401 W Washington, Pittsfield, IL 62363; (217) 285-1600. Columbia, MO - 3801 Waco Rd, Columbia, MO 65202; (573) 443-3660. Hannibal, MO - 4560 Paris Gravel Rd, Hannibal, MO 63401; (573) 221-0093. Kirksville, MO - 1515 S Baltimore, Kirksville, MO 63501; (660) 665-5665. Greater St Louis - 377 Travis Boulevard,Troy, MO 63379. Phone: (636) 462-5161, Fax: (636) 528-9552....

08/24/2020

Lisa L.

Peter’s knowingly sold our builder a fireplace model that they knew was known to set off house fire alarms. When we moved into our house we were not able to use our fireplace because every time we turned it on, our house alarm would scream, fire! fire! We called Peter’s on several occasions and was told we needed to “burn it out” every fall season. We tried that for many years and had them come clean it out. After the warranty expired, we found out from one of their salesmen that that fireplace model is known for that. Eight years later, we still have not been able to use the fireplace so we are having it replaced by Bruening.

Description of Work
New fireplace for new house

Category air duct cleaning,fireplaces

12/03/2018

Patricia J.

I had a great experience again with Peters out of Troy, Mo. They came out the same day I called. George was my technician and he couldn’t have been more friendly. He found the problem and had us up and running right away. Luckily it was only a blown fuse. George also gave me a few pointers on how to keep our finished lower level a little warmer and we’re going to give that a try. He was courteous and I would definitely recommend him and Peters again. Thank you for a great experience!

Description of Work
Our furnace just stopped working.

07/06/2017

George R.

It was excellent, those guys are the best.

Description of Work
They came over and checked out the central air cooling system and installed some new stuff into it.

04/07/2017

JOHN F.

It went very well. They came out fairly quickly. They came out quickly enough for me to be satisfied. It wasn't expensive, they fixed it for a very reasonable price. I remember that. They're very good, I'll call them again. The price was very reasonable, and they were responsive.

Description of Work
...

01/16/2016

Marianne W.

The crew arrived on time, did the job as expected.

Description of Work
Installed garage forced air heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We greatly appreciate you review and are glad that you are enjoying the new garage heater. Let us know if you need anything else in the future. Thank You

01/12/2016

Theresa J.

Estimate was performed with 24 hrs of initial contact. Pricing was given the next day. Set day for the install. Installation was performed according to estimate. Technician installing was pleasant, professional and punctual. Haul away of old and clean up were completed to my satisfaction. The only negative that I could possibly say was that I assumed it would be more than a 1 man installation team. I felt like it took a bit longer than necessary because of this. I had used Peters prior for repair to the old furnace and was pleased with the work. I was not disappointed this time. Overall, a positive experience and would use them again

Description of Work
Installed new Carrier HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. I apologize we didn't meet your expectations completely. Sometimes when we are busier we have to send one installer to make sure we get everyone taken care of on that day or other times having a second installer means we would be stepping on each others toes. The job may get done a couple hours quicker but in the end you would have more working hours on the job which would mean a higher price. I hope this was not to much of an inconvenience for you. We take your feedback very serious and hope to learn from it. Thanks Again, Peters Heating and Air Conditioning

04/07/2015

Jacob S.

From the beginning it was a horrible experience. I got quotes from multiple companies in July and in October gave Peter's the go ahead to install the geothermal. After two weeks they finally called me to get the boring scheduled. Two more weeks past and nobody had showed up yet. I called asking when they were coming out because it was starting to get cold and I wanted to know if I needed to make other arrangements for heating and they told me they would be there the following week. The guys showed up to bore the loops. I had to take off work to tell them an alternate place to bore because where the sales guy said was ok turned out to not be ok. They showed up to work at 10am everyday and left at 1pm after taking a lunch break. Took three days of three hours of work per day to get it bored. On the last day I asked when the unit would be installed. They called the main office and I wasn't even on the schedule to get guys over there to get it installed. After I told them I had no heat because I assumed when they bored they would install they came the next week to get the geo in. Those guys showed up and started installing the unit and then informed me that there was a problem with getting the zoning done that they had quoted. they also disconnected my fridge and left it that way over night. I took off work again to go over the problem with the ductwork with their "specialist". Afterwards they tried to talk me out of doing the zoning even though the sales guy sold it really hard to me to begin with saying I wouldn't be happy with the system unless I got it. I refused and told them I expected them to deliver what they promised. they said they would return to finish the job, but they needed to help other people who didn't have heat yet. I told them that was perfectly fine with me. One month later after not hearing from them I called them and they said they still were unsure of if or how they could do the ductwork and make sure it was right. I said keep me updated as they had a couple ideas that they were kicking around. I waited another month(now January) and after hearing nothing called their corporate office trying to get something done. I was told they would get some answers and take care of it. another 6 weeks goes by and no calls from them. I take another day off work and drive 2hrs to their corporate office and talk to the owner. The following week they show up and finally finish up the work. After all of this I thought that I deserved some compensation for this complete disaster and they refused to take anything off the bill. So needless to say I will never use this company again.

Description of Work
Install Geothermal in a residential house.

03/10/2015

Julie H.

Called several local providers to find someone to clean and disinfect the air ducts as well as all the registers. Chose Peter's based on recommendations from others. Peter's explained that they would clean air ducts and all registers. Peter's arrived to our house late (we were supposedly the first stop of the morning). They did hook up their machine to clean the ducts, but didn't touch the registers. I specifically asked if they would all be removed and cleaned and was told yes, however this was not completed. When I called Peters about this they agreed to reduce the cost by $25, however billed us the full price three times before billing me the correct amount. When calling to correct the bill i had to leave several messages, most of which were not returned. They also came and gave a estimate on a new central air. The representative that came was very pleasant and appeared to have a lot of information regarding a new air unit. However, based on the customer service received with the air ducts we will not be using Peter's.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts and give estimate for new central air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

[member name remove], I am extremely sorry to hear about your bad experience with our company. That type of service is not something that we pride ourselves on. I do appreciate your review so that we can learn from this and not have it happen again. I hope that you can reconsider giving us a second chance. I can promise you that is not how our company operates and that you will not have an experience like this again. Sorry again for the below average service!

02/16/2015

Kristina F.

I have nothing but good things to say about them. I have been a customer with them for about 10 years now. I have a service contract with them. I love every one of the technicians they have sent out. They are very careful, clean, and polite. They also put covers on their shoes and clean up any mess. Since I have a service contact I am always first on the list if I need them and they are here pronto. They are polite and courteous.

Description of Work
I have an in-ground furnace system. I had a situation with the air flow that they corrected.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. We really appreciate it!

11/06/2014

Don W.

They arrived slightly ahead of time and explained exactly what was going to be performed and how much it would cost. They wore shoe covers and laid down coverings over the floors and carpeted areas of the home. They brought the equipment in the house and began cleaning. It took them only a bit over an hour.

Description of Work
Clean the air ducts and furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

[member name removed], Thanks you for the great review!