HARDWOOD FLOORS BY TOM

699 GLENDALE DR

Prospect Heights, IL 60070

05/18/2016

Michelle or Michael B.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished approximately 700 sq ft of hardwood floors. The entire process, from the estimate all the way through the final steps, was handled professionally, punctually, and all of our requests adressed. The work was performed expertly, and we had no issues similar.

Category hardwood floor

05/12/2015

Michael W.

Work crews ripped out old carpet in bedrooms, and determined that hardwood floors underneath were incomplete and missing large pieces. So we installed all new hardwood floors and they look great. He also threw in a refinishing on our kitchen floor as an added bonus. The price was a little more than I wanted to spend, but the results look great.

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood floors in 2 bedrooms and hallway.

Category hardwood floor

06/22/2012

deniz N.

Tom arrived promptly to give me a free estimate, and he was very courteous, pleasant and knowledgeable. He was thorough in asking about my goals and expectations, and in explaining his recommendations and the process involved. He picked up on areas where repairs or improvements could be easily made without my having to ask, and he offered simple affordable solutions to them. His written estimate was detailed and itemized, and he provided me a discount he offers in an ad, without my having to request it. I especially appreciated that he never suggested refinishing my floors at the same time (as other contractors did), and when asked he gave me a very honest assessment of the condition of those floors, and a good explanation for recommending against that work. The work proceeded over one full and one half day, exactly as Tom had explained when he provided the quote. Thanks to good communication, I was prepared to be unable to go to up the stairs while the finish was drying, which was about 8 hours each day. It was a dusty job, but they did well on keeping the dust contained as much as possible, and did a very good job on clean up after both days. When the finish fully dried, and it became obvious that the stairs had absorbed more finish than expected, Tom readily came back at my convenience and no additional cost to add a coat. The end result is beautiful and a perfect gloss match to the surrounding wood floors. I can't think of anything I would change about my experience with Hardwood Floors By Tom -- A+

Description of Work
I hired Hardwood Floors By Tom to refinish my 12 year old uncarpeted wood staircase in the front entry of my home. The work included sanding, buffing and applying several coats of oil base finish as well as some small repairs and replacement of parts of the old trim.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

12/12/2010

John S.

Tom Wadowski spoke with me on the telephone and as so accomodating that I felt good about dealing with him from the very first. He came over and heard what we wanted, measured and sent us a quote for the job and provided us with references. We met contacted one reference at a home near by and saw his work at their home. Based on the work we saw and comparing his quote to others we received, we decided to hire his firm. The work was begun and completed right on schedule and was a quality job. The floors look wonderful. After the floor work was completed, we had painting done and, unforetuneately, damaged the kitchen floor. We called Tom and he had his crew redo that area quickly and for a very fair price which the painter paid.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish hardword floors throughout the house on first and second floor. Repair various areas of hardwood floors. Replace baseboards on first floor.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,remodeling

10/27/2008

Nancy D.

While they started off on the right foot, their attention to detail and interest in finishing the job with quality waned as time wore on. We noticed several areas that needed touch up and it took multiple phone calls to Tom to get a workman to come back and fix the poorer quality work. When one of the repairs was made, the workman used the wrong varnish, so now part of our kitchen area has a "shiny" finish while the remaining area of the hardwood has a "satin" finish. We were so frustrated with the experience that we did not call them back to fix the error as it would have required them to redo the entire kitchen again. In addition to the poor quality work, we had to argue with Tom (owner) to take away the old baseboard debris as he indicated we should do it ourselves, even though "removal" was included in his quote. Even now, a couple of months after the work has been completed, we're noticing more flaws in the work throughout the house. For the price we paid, we would have expected a much higher quality of work, I would not recommend this company to anyone else.

Description of Work
Removed old baseboards and installed new ones on two floors of the house. Installed and finished new hardwood floors on 2nd floor of our house; refinished existinghardwood floors on 1st floor.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

All American Handyman Services

I am an owner-operated handyman service with experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, demolition, and remodeling. My goal is customer satisfaction at a reasonable price.

Rustic Flooring Inc

Rustic Flooring Inc. is a well established company with many years experience in Chicago's North shore areas. Our clients are perpetually impressed with the quality of our work and remain loyal for years to come.Join our ever-expanding list of satisfied customers. You can rely on the craftsmanship at Rustic Flooring to bring you top notch hardwood floor installation, immaculate refinishing for your wood floors and staircases along with your satisfaction guaranteed. We offer free hardwood installation quotes at the drop of a hat! Rustic Flooring guarantees -the utmost quality -the world's finest hands -top notch advise and service from ultimate professionals Rustic Flooring has expanded aggressively during the past 20 years as our reputation for quality, workmanship and competitive prices has reached new heights. Our strong working relationship with many of Chicago's best general contractors and dedication to our customers and craft, places Rustic Flooring at the top of the list for many residential and medium-sized commercial projects. Rustic flooring is constantly researching new products and techniques to ensure the highest quality finish which technology affords to our craft. The uniqueness of our floors can become a backdrop to an already beautiful design or a foundation from which your dream home originates.

Danny Flooring Inc.

We are a custom wood flooring company specializing in hardwood floor refinishing with over 10 years experience. In Illinois, Floors By Danny is the perfect choice for all your wood flooring needs. - Installation all types of hardwood: prefinished, laminate, pergo - Sanding and refinishing old and new wood floors only with top quality materials. We are specializing in residential, commercial, rent apartments, schools, sport and dance floors. With our top quality line of sanding equipment, we guarantee that our flooring can be professionally sanded and refinished. We also do custom staining colors. Our quality work is guaranteed at affordable prices. Hardwood Flooring Chicago - Sanding And Refinishing. Please visit us on Google to read more reviews. 5 Star-Rating and 115 Reviews on Google. http://dannyflooring.com/

Offers by Danny Flooring Inc. on Angi