Jim's Painting & Decorating

Founded 1981 • With Angi since April 2005

1901 Brighton Ln

Plainfield, IL 60586

Jim's Painting has been providing high quality painting ,wood finishing, and paperhanging for over 30 years. 20 % discount to new Angie's List clients!! Looking forward to your call.

09/03/2022

William K.

Great Job, well done. Polite, efficient, painters that did an excellent job. On time, worked with us on schedule and reasonable price. Would hire again and recommend to others

Description of Work
Interior Painting

08/27/2018

GEORGE M.

Re-painted interior of house Jim was very professional I didn’t know what colors I want to use so you help me with that turned out beautiful very neat great job for the money will definitely use again and I have recommended him to others 300

Description of Work
Re-painted interior of house

08/20/2018

Kashif A.

I highly recommend Jim, they did an excellent job on my project!

Description of Work
Painting interior and extreior

08/08/2018

Lloyed M.

Great. Jim took the extra time to make sure it was perfect.

Description of Work
Stained and Varnish 3 Doors and Associated woodwork.

08/21/2017

Christine W.

Went very well. Done in one day and the finished product looks great.

Description of Work
Painting master bedroom and patching/Painting master bathroom. Both with vaulted ceilings.

08/16/2017

Kelley L.

The painter was punctual, professinal, friendly, and did great work.5005

Description of Work
Exterior trim painting

08/15/2017

CYD W.

I had two coupons, he said he wasn't going to take them together, but then he would. It was just a horrible job. He lied to me. He really did not do it right. I had paint all over the bottom on the floor. He told me that he had primed it, and he didn't. He said he ran out of my primer, and I told him I had extra. He said he had some. He never used it; it was a big lie. He told me he used an oil paint, that you have to prime one day and come back. Well, he slathered it on one day. It wasn't that expensive. The price was good, but for the work he did, I'd give him a D. I talked to him about the priming and coming back. He said it was two days and then he goes no, we could do it one day. Everyone told me you have to let the primer dry. Like I say when he left I had paint on the bottom deck of the floor.

Description of Work
Exterior painting.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

05/09/2017

lynn D.

Jim was very detailed in his estimate and timely in his communication. He was very fast, thorough and courteous. He was willing to meet me after hours to go through the work and receive payment. He left everything very clean and his work as extremely well done.

Description of Work
We needed to get the wall paper and all borders stripped from my parent's 2400 square foot house and he entire house painted to enhance its salability.

05/03/2017

DANA M.

The painting was great but there was paint spilled on several places on the carpet and furniture. Also paint was spilled on my brick exterior.

Description of Work
I had my upstairs painted and the outside trim of my house painted.

04/29/2017

Tony H.

Jim's team arrived on time and did a great job on all 3 rooms. They matched the colors I had selected and did a very good job on the rooms. They also cleaned up everything when they were done (including vacuuming). Overall I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
I needed to have an office and 2 bathrooms painted, as well as a few small wall repairs.

04/27/2017

Jennifer V.

Jim did a great job! He was wonderful to work with. He went above and beyond what we had expected. I would definitely recommend his services and would use him again.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim

Category house painters

04/21/2017

Peter L.

Jim did a great job, was very easy to work with. My bedroom was a little larger than the coupons dimensions but he did complete it and charged me a little bit more for the extra wall footage.

Description of Work
Bedroom walls and bathroom ceiling interior painting.

03/12/2017

Rick K.

Jim and his crew were wonderful. Their work was fantastic and Jim was very prompt and professional through all steps of the process. Jim made everything so easy and his price was so much better than his competitors. Jim went above and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Jim and will use his services again.

Description of Work
Jim painted interior ceilings and walls in 5 rooms and hallway.

01/31/2017

GEORGE M.

Printed master bath and bedroom did a great job cleaned up after himself Painters is very courteous this is the second time I've used him Will continue to do so future

Description of Work
Printed master bath and bedroom

12/20/2016

Mike C.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of our house.

Category house painters

11/11/2016

GEORGE M.

Gave me an estimate and then helped me pick out colors. Very very helpful because I didn't know what I wanted to go with. Painted living room, dining room, stairway to basement, bedroom, hallways, woodwork and ceiling. Price included the cost of paint for 2 coats for everything. I will probably have them back once I gather some more funding to do a master bath and another bedroom. He even got on his hands and knees to wipe up the floor to make sure nothing leaked thru the drop cloth. Moved everything to make sure paint did not get on anything. Used Sherman Williams, the good stuff. They said they would be out of here in 3 days and he was done about a half a day earlier. Everyone else said a week. They even gave me good ideas on where to use drapes and some other decorating ideas. He has a website with ideas and jobs on where they used blinds and curtains.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

08/12/2016

Michael P.

Great great job!, Arrived on scheduled week, job done in 2 1/2 days. Quality!!!! Will use again!

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house and stained deck.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

06/20/2016

MARIA A.

They painted my foyer, kitchen and hallways. They did a good job overall. They were there on time every day and cleaned up at the end of the day.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

06/19/2016

Neil K.

I am a first time home owner so never dealt with painting before so I purchased a color consultation to get help. I got contacted back right away after purchasing a color consultation. He was very professional and a ton of help. Thanks!

Description of Work
Color consultation

06/16/2016

Eric G.

Jim was great, on the jobsite every morning quick and punctual, helped make color suggestions on the fly and made our home look beautiful. We had alot of other moving pieces around the home and he worked around everything we threw at him. Very straightforward and honest guy, will hire again in the future!

Description of Work
Painted Interior of Home

03/03/2016

David C.

Everything went extremely well! Jim came to our house initially to give us some color ideas/suggestions and gave us a written estimate. We were very happy with Jim's color suggestions and he guided us towards the right shades of colors for our house/decor. He pointed out things we hadn't even thought of. He came out a second time to look at some samples and help us decide on our final color choices. The job started a few days later and took Jim and his crew of 1-2 guys 3 days to finish. I can't emphasize enough how well this job went! I've become pretty critical of home improvement contractors due to bad experiences in the past. However, Jim's Painting was exemplary. They showed up on time everyday, were very friendly, and cleaned up very well at the end of each day. We could "live" in our house each night while the job was in process. The quality of the paint job is amazing. The lines are straight, colors are even, and all previous wall imperfections were fixed to my satisfaction. I can't believe how much better the trim looks! During the morning of the last day, I walked through the house with Jim pointing out areas that I thought needed attention...he took care of it all. I'm having my hardwood floors refinished in a couple of months and Jim is going to come back to do any necessary touch-ups...that's great service! I couldn't be happier with my whole experience, from the prompt communication to the final product, everything was outstanding! Friendly, prompt, quality service at a fair price - that should be Jim's slogan! I will most certainly call Jim whenever I have a painting project in the future and would recommend him to anyone who needs painting service. Thanks!

Description of Work
Painted first floor of interior, including a kitchen, family room, living room, powder room, dining room, butler's pantry, mud room, and 2-story foyer. Also painted stairway leading upstairs and upstairs hallway. All the trim in these rooms was also painted.

12/26/2015

Amitabh A.

They were honest enough to return the money as they had prior commitments, and I could not wait.

Description of Work
They gave the estimate dates for work.

09/05/2015

Erin M.

We were so impressed with Jim and his crew! They were professional, punctual, and passionate about their work. Jim helped to guide us in picking colors so we didn't end up with everything looking beige and boring when we were finished. He goes above and beyond to make sure that you are pleased with his finished product. In addition to doing great work, Jim and his crew made sure to leave everything even cleaner than when they found it. I would not hesitate for one second to call Jim back for future work in our home. Well done!

Description of Work
Jim and his crew painted the inside of our new house. This included walls, ceilings, trim, doors, and removal of a popcorn ceiling in our entryway.

08/26/2015

John M.

Jim Moore and his crew are terrific to work with and very flexible. They operate on a hand shake and good faith - something rare in this world. My wife & I were very pleased with the results. So much so, we wanted to post a picture on Angie's List of the work done by Jim's Painting & Decorating. GREAT JOB & at a very fair price after getting 12 estimates as competitive bids from other vendors (all from Angie's List) - not the cheapest, nor most expensive - but certainly a VERY good value which I can't say enough about the product of their efforts. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Jim's Painting & Decorating painted our cedar home exterior & trim work after sanding & caulking all surfaces including the deck & its railings.

06/08/2015

Diane F.

They did a fantastic job, stayed in contact with us to schedule, two coats paint on the house and a large detached garage and shed. Very meticulous and thorough. Cleaned the gutters, washed the windows after power washing, etc.. Jim was on the job working every day -very nice, honest man. Will use them again on the interior painting as needed. Schedule quickly, he is so good he fills up quickly.

Description of Work
Painted the whole house and a detached garage.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

Five Star Painting of Yorkville

Five Star Painting specializes in interior and exterior painting, and accompanying services for the greater Yorkville, Oswego, and Plainfield areas. Our fully-insured, experienced painters professionally apply top quality materials. We can also easily handle light carpentry and minor drywall repairs. I consider communication essential to your satisfaction. As a hands-on owner, I'm always accessible to answer questions or concerns you may have throughout your painting project. We are bonded, insured and EPA lead certified and offer a written two year workmanship warranty. Schedule your free detailed estimate today. Methods of payment include checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards, or free financing to qualified individuals.

Award 2022
    P&m construction and painting

We specialize in interior and exterior painting services, cabinet painting, staining, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Deck Tech

Deck-Tech has been locally owned and operated in the Chicagoland area for over 30 years. Deck-Tech’s primary business consists of full restoration and preservation of wooden decks, fences, gazebos, play sets, cedar homes, log cabins and roofs. Additionally, we can repair, extend or replace your deck with our team of certified Carpenters. The advantage of using Deck-Tech services is making one call to have your deck fully restored with our highly trained personnel from our sales representatives, carpenters, office staff and especially our production crews. Accurate treatment and cleaning procedures done the first time.

Offers by Deck Tech on Angi

Interior and exterior painting, wallpaper & customize colors.