Computer Greeks

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2001

12222 S Harlem Ave

PALOS HEIGHTS, IL 60463

A family owned business that opened in 1996. ...

04/18/2019

Richard K.

This is the best non-big box computer store in the South Chicago suburban area and they have been in business for over 23 years. The staff are extremely knowledge and they specialize in PC hardware and service. Their services include building custom systems, such as gaming PCs, selling refurbished PCs, laptops, and peripherals, installation of software, virus removal, repair/upgrading of PCs and laptops, etc. Their refurbished PCs & laptops come with a 30 day warranty and are preloaded with the latest version of Windows and virus software, where appropriate. When you go in to purchase a used/refurbished PC/laptop, the staff first questions the customer as to what they want to do with the device and what software they plan to run. They then verify the hardware requirements for the software (if required) and then show the customer what devices they have available that meet the user's requirements. You won't find this at a big box store or on the Internet. Their prices are extremely competitive and the customer winds up with a PC/laptop at a fraction of a new unit, and with better performance (faster processor, larger memory, &/or larger/faster/more reliable hard drive. Some units actually have solid state hard drives which mean faster boot time, fast response time, and higher reliability (no moving parts in the hard drive). From now on, this is the only computer store I will shop at for my future computer needs.

Description of Work
I went in to purchase a laptop, and besides purchasing a laptop with a solid state drive, I found a great buy on a HP Inkjet printer.

Category computer repair,computer sales

04/22/2017

Douglas J.

Great well worth to replace key board and clean up old liquid spill.

Description of Work
Replace key board. I supplied key board.

04/10/2017

Lynn R.

All work was done quickly. That was 4 months ago...laptop is still working great. No problems with anything.

Description of Work
Replaced a hard drive in my laptop.

06/29/2016

Pat B.

Great! Not only did they enable my emails but they also found that I had several burnt out transitors. They showed me everything and educated me. Great deal of patience and personal service. Went in on Saturday afternoon. Had fixed/updated computer back by Monday afternoon. Highly recommend this family owned firm.

Description of Work
Could not receive any emails?

Category computer repair,computer sales

09/29/2015

Paul H.

After recently downloading Windows 10 to my HP desktop computer, which is only about 3 years old, I started having problems. My computer was running slower, web pages were closing, and my computer was making a constant noise similar to that of a jet engine revving. I brought my computer to Computer Greeks and they did point out that my computer needed to be cleaned. I was contacted the next day that my computer was fixed. After returning home and hooking it up, the computer ran as smooth as it did when I first purchased it. According to the work receipt, all they did was clean the computer and computer fans, update some programs, and remove some minor Spyware. It seemed as if something more was done for as well as the computer was working, but either way, it's working great and I was happy with their service and how quick my computer was fixed. The only employee I dealt with was Chad. He was professional and courteous. I would recommend anyone needing computer repair to visit Computer Greeks.

Description of Work
Repair computer

07/19/2015

Ken and Annette L.

The on/off button on the side of our Dell laptop had become difficult to use, as the on/off button had slid farther into the side of the laptop. We were given the choice of having Computer Greeks glue the on/off button back in place or to replace it. We chose to have them replace it. However, there was a miscommunication as we thought that only the button and a side panel had to be replaced whereas instead the whole top panel of the laptop had to be replaced, which they did. We are hoping that the new on/off button isn't also beginning to slide back into the laptop like the old one did--the new on/off button isn't flush with the side of the case. Maybe we should have had them just reglue the on/off button?

Description of Work
They replaced the on/off button on the side of our laptop (and the whole top panel of our laptop).

08/16/2014

Martin B.

My wireless networking stopped working on my computer. I thought it was from a power outage and brought it in for service. They did an evaluation of the computer and advised that it was a malware issue. They quoted me a price on the phone before moving forward. I authorized the charges. The computer was fixed and ready a day and half later. I found the staff to be friendly in person. I had a few follow up questions afterwards and they answered all of my questions on the phone.

Description of Work
Remove malware and fixed wireless networking.

06/24/2013

tim B.

I was told on the phone that they would do an estimate at no charge if a brought my laptop in. When I went there, they told me that the evaluation would be almost $100.00. Either they errored in what they told me on the phone, or they just wanted to get me to come in. I was not happy, I did not have them do any work.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category computer repair

I was the one you spoke to on the phone, and there obviously was some confusion over what you needed done with the laptop when we spoke vs what you actually needed when you came in. We are happy to quote parts replacement/repair estimates when the problem with your system is known. In your case, a comprehensive diagnostic was needed in order to even determine the extent of what needed to be repaired and provide you with an accurate cost for repair. The $99 charge is not just for the estimate, but is applied to the completed repair if you choose to have it performed once the additional problems and cost are determined. There is no way to determine the extent of the computer's issues or the completed cost for repair without investing several hours to test out your components and find out what works and what does not. If you were not interested in having that work done, that is certainly your option, but no one would have every presented you with misleading information telling you we would spend hours on your laptop for no charge. What you thought we could determine by taking a few minutes and just taking a look at your computer was not at all what you actually needed to find out the issues and repair you required. Suggesting that someone would intentionally mislead you rather than realizing that you did not represent what had to be done with your laptop over the phone accurately is absurd. After nearly 20 years in business, you couldn't find a company to do business with that is more honest or upfront with their customer's than we are. There is no benefit to lying to a customer to get them in the store, it serves no purpose except to irritate the customer and waste our time. It never happens here. Stephen Georgiou Owner- Computer Greeks

06/10/2013

GAIL M.

Polite courteous, immediately attended to me, told me how much it would be in when it would be ready. It was the price quoted, and on time.

Description of Work
I took a laptop in to get the computer cleaned so that my information was no longer stored because I was giving it away. He was able to return to the same status as I received when I purchased the laptop

05/17/2013

Sally R.

The gentleman I spoke to walked me through problem with printing..fabulous and it only took minutes. I would definitley call again for service.

Description of Work
Walked me through problem over the phone...all is good.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    AIO Integrations LLC

AIO provides computer support services for all PC platforms including Apple OSX/iOS, Microsoft Windows, and Google Android devices. We are the only company on Angi.com with a BBB A+ rating providing nation-wide IT support on-site/remote services from over 1500 locations. You can call us directly at 832-402-1335, option 1 for sales, to be connected to a sales engineer if you need immediate help. You can also visit our website at https://aiosupport.net. We look forward to helping you!

All American Solutions

Expert Remote Computer Repair, $99 (no additional hourly fees). 100% Money Back Guarantee! We repair both Windows and MAC Computers. All work is performed remotely by US Military Veterans who are Certified Technicians! Why take your Computer into a store when we can perform the same repair from the comfort of your own home? Included is: -Virus/Malware Removal -Browsers being un-hijacked -Security Evaluation -"Free" (Trial Version) of Anti-Virus/Internet Security Software -Complete Expert Computer Optimization, (Makes it run faster). When we are done repairing your computer, it will run like it was brand new. All of our Techs are Vets! We service the entire US. 888-246-9990. Alternate Email: bob@allamericansolutions.us Web Address: https://allamericansolutions.com

Offers by All American Solutions on Angi

Computer Sales
    Computer Training

New/used systems & software, upgrades, repairs, networking, custom built systems, used software, hardware, and game system trade-in & on site & remote service.