Lawrence E Gustafson Roofing

Founded 1980 • With Angi since April 2006

1687 W Arbor Ct

Palatine, IL 60067

Super Service Award Winner for 2016. Family owned & operated. Please call Larry at (847) 404-1687! I'd love to speak with you about your contracting needs!

08/19/2022

David P.

Had a leak in my roof by the chimney. Roof is 8 years old. The previous roofing company that installed the roof did not flash the chimney, and this was the cause of the leak. Gustafson Roofing came promptly to my house, identified the problem, offered me a written estimate the next day, and came three days later with a 5 man roofing crew and all of the correct materials to reroof a section of the roof, flash the chimney, and end the leak. They did very professional work, completed the job, and cleaned the site. The price was the same as the estmate. Would use them for a new roof in the future when that day arrives!

Description of Work
Reroofed part of the house to fix a leak, and flashed the chimney.

08/07/2020

Kevin P.

Roof deck had rotted and plywood was delaminating until it was unsafe to walk on and moister had begun to appear in attic space. Larry and his crew did a fine job over two days replacing the roof deck/shingles adding a ridge vent to eliminate future issues with mold and inadequate tactic ventilation. Overall experience was great - the only area of improvement would be to get after it on clean up and damage to yard and plants. But...would use again and recommend to anyone needing a roof!

Description of Work
Roof decking replaced and shingles

07/15/2020

Brad C.

Larry and his team did an exceptional job.

Description of Work
Replace roof

04/22/2019

Kurt H.

Larry came out and gave us a fair quote for the job that needed to be done. He showed up as scheduled and the work was performed as promised. His crew was professional, friendly, and cleaned up the site thoroughly. I definitely recommend him for the job.

Description of Work
Repair leaking roof and two other potential/future leaks.

06/28/2018

Alex S.

There seems to be the practice on Angies List of giving anyone who does a decent job an 'A'; I rarely feel like giving out 'A's. But Larry Gustafson and my new roofs most definitely deserve an 'A'. I found Larry to be super-likable, easy to talk to and very honest. The main reason we were getting a new roof was bc raccoons had gotten into my lower attic twice over the fall/winter. He had the idea of putting 4 feet of sheet metal all around the edges of my lower roof, so future raccoons still may be able to pull up shingles but they will have a much tougher time getting into lower attic. He also gave me a new attic fan, replaced the vents and added a new ridge vent to the upper roof. Even with all these, he was still more than a grand cheaper then either of my other estimates. What they other reviewers say is true- Larry is up on the roof with his crew working/supervising and doing the more important tasks e.g. flashings, vents. He and his guys finished the work a couple of months ago and I have seen zero leaks or problems despite having had plenty of rain.

Description of Work
new upper & lower roofs

06/10/2018

BRADLEY G.

He was very communicative and did a great job!

Description of Work
Tear-off and re-roofing whole house

05/06/2018

Dave R.

Exceptionally good job. Went the extra mile and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
New roof with tear off

01/10/2018

Christopher W.

Lawrence came over and did a visual inspection with the owner present. He then provided a verbal estimate and followed up with a detailed written estimate for the work. A large crew came as scheduled. My ranch house took three days to complete. Everything about the experience was professional. I would not hesitate to hire Lawrence again.

Description of Work
Re-roofing house

08/27/2017

Liz S.

Larry was great. So easy to work with and completed job well and did a great job of clean up.

Description of Work
Installed new roof according to code.

07/24/2017

Marilyn A.

It went great. I was very pleased. A friend referred to them and I felt like I could trust him. A friend of mine hired someone else and attacked by them. Since a friend referred to me, I felt very safe having them in my home to do the work.

Description of Work
Tore up old garage shingles, installed new architectural shingles and took old shingles off-site

07/16/2017

Pat D.

Larry was very responsive, showing up within a day of my original message. When he arrived and got on the roof, he immediately assessed the scope of the repair was greater than originally estimate made from the ground. Based on that new scope, he arranged to return with needed supplies in 2 days. He showed up in 2 days and completed the repairs as specified. His team was efficient, professional, and neat - nothing was left behind.

Description of Work
Larry repaired a section of roof.

05/16/2017

Joan C.

They fixed the initial leak, and even patched another one without raising the price. They got here quickly and did a great job. I would highly recommend them. I had called a few other people and never heard back. He was able to get back in touch with me the same day, and was out to do the work about 2 days after. He also had some recommendation going forward, letting me know that my roof was about 20 years old, and said I should consider replacing the roof if another leak occurred. Without another leak, the roof should be good for another 5 years. I plan on calling him if I need anything else roof-related.

Description of Work
I called them out for a leaky roof.

05/09/2017

Sue D.

We had several issues with our recently purchased older home. Larry found many issues with our roof which we weren't aware of and guided us accordingly. His knowledge, professionalism and timely manner in which he got all the work done was superb!!! I would highly recommend him not only were his prices reasonable, but he explained each area of concern and what needed to be done. He did exactly what he said he would do and his roofing crew were also extremely professional. Our entire house chimney had to be removed and Larry also found a small hole in our fireplace chimney and fixed that. They left our outside area where the work was done, as clean as a whistle!!! We will be using Larry and his team again when we need to replace the entire roof. Larry also recommended we add vents to our long ranch home so the attic would have more circulation. We took his recommendation and we are very relieved to know our attic is better off. I highly recommend Larry Gustafson and his company!! A++++++++ Sue Meyers Demir

Description of Work
House chimney and fireplace chimney. Installation of more vents on roof for attic circulation.

04/06/2017

peter G.

great. I was very impressed with the professionalism and the quality of the work. His crew worked around inclement weather but never took short cuts. I feel like they did a great job. Would give them my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
re-roofed my entire home

02/25/2017

Dianna L.

Very well - fast, friendly, efficient, high quality work

Description of Work
Roof repair from animal damage

01/21/2017

debbie K.

The job was done in 2 1/2 hours and the crew cleaned up and everything was great.

Description of Work
Larry replaced a skylight for me in my bathroom.

Category roofing, skylights

12/01/2016

Aaron F.

Larry was responsive and professional from the very first phone call. He went out and bid the job the day after we first spoke and was ready to start work as soon as he finished the other job he was working on. He had his crew there the day he told me he was going to start and was able to complete the job professionally and in the time frame he provided. They worked hard, did a great job and made sure to leave a clean job site when completed. I am a Realtor and would definitely be happy to refer Gustafson roofing to any client that has a roofing issue.

Description of Work
Larry provided a new roof on a single family home.

11/28/2016

Lorna C.

Very well. Larry dropped off several sets of shingles because we had difficulty selecting a color. When the job began the crew was on time, completed the job in the expected time, and we were happy with the results. They were very neat and even blew the dust off the cars in the garage before leaving. Larry has amazing follow up and called the day after the job was completed to ensure the dumpster had been picked up as planned. I did have one gutter that had collected bits of shingles and a few nails that caused an overflow with the 1st rain, but it was no big deal and a 2 second fix.

Description of Work
Removed old sets of shingles and replaced with new.

11/27/2016

bradley P.

After a few heavy rains, I was getting water pouring into my house from the ceiling. Larry came out and assessed the roof. He determined their was probably a leak in the valley above the living room. He removed a significant portion of the shingles, and placed some ice and water shield down before putting on new shingles. The shingles matched well, and it is barely noticeable. We have since had several very hard rains, and no leaks. Larry and his crew were punctual and took care of the repair in just a few hours. Overall it was a good and painless experience.

Description of Work
Roof repair

11/05/2016

Ryca S.

The service was top notch, and we would use Gustafson Roofing again.

Description of Work
We've worked with Gustafson Roofing a couple of times, roofing and chimney work.

10/31/2016

Dale M.

If you want your roof repaired correctly then call Larry Gustafson. He provided me with a quote to which he kept his price. After removing the old roof he informed me that there was some damaged/rotted roof deck panels. He was authorized by myself to remove those panels and replace with new. Larry showed up on time with a complete crew and completed the job on schedule. He scheduled the dumpster delivery and pick-up. After the job was done he went over the property with a big magnet to pick-up all loose nails. I will recommend Larry to all I know when this type of service is needed.

Description of Work
Remove old roof/shingles on our apartment building. Repair any damaged deck material, install new freeze/ice dam protection, install new shingles. Remove 5 unused satellite dishes.

08/25/2016

DAVID C.

We got 3 estimates. Larry's was the most affordable by about $1300 and the most timely. He was communicative and responsive. He met all timelines. He is not an email guy, but other than that, 5 stars.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof at a 4 unit apartment building in Grayslake, IL. Tore off old roof and installed new one. Handled all permits, dumpsters and clean up.

08/18/2016

Bruce H.

It went great. The owner, Larry Gustafson, is a very hands on guy and was here every day working with his crew who were also very good. He's been in business a long time and it shows. He brought out a number of samples of groups of shingles (not just one of each, so we could see how it would look on the roof) for us to choose from. He gave us a very detailed proposal. They were on time and called to let me know if the weather was going to be a problem. They had tarps all over the place for the tear-off of the old shingles and were very careful while doing it. We have a LOT of shrubs, plants, and flowers around our foundation and they came though it with extremely minor wear and tear. They did a very thorough clean-up job and used a rolling magnet to pick up as many stray nails as possible. The disposal people came and picked up the dumpster a couple hours after they were done on the last day of work. Our roof was almost 30 years old and the difference in appearance is like night and day. It looks like a new house. It was a really big project, but there's not much else to say except that they did a terrific job and there were no surprises. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Put a new roof on our sprawling ranch house and 2 car detached garage (lots of square footage, that's why the price is what it is). Included tear-off and haul away of old shingles, new roofing paper and ice and water underlayment, new flashing around plumbing stacks, new roof vents, new bathroom exhaust vents, replace roof boards as necessary. The works.

06/28/2016

GEORGE M.

He is totally honest. He is very friendly. He not only supervised his employees, but he also worked alongside with them. His price was reasonable, and did not try to increase his price for minor changes. I was impressed with his willingness to work hard. He seemed to be tireless.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof over my house.

05/14/2016

Lorna C.

Excellent. He was professional, punctual, clean and finished on time. Crew was great.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles and replaced roof.