Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2012

Anix, Inc. is a General Contractor and a family owned, operated, designed and built company for Illinois. We pride ourselves in High Quality Craftsmanship from New Construction to Remodeling to Handyman services. When we come out to your home to give you an estimate, we will speak to You regarding

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

home remodeling (32)plumbers (27)interior painting (26)drywall (26)electrician (23)tile installation (20)flooring (19)lighting (18)woodworking (17)countertop installation (17)handyman (14)door installation (12)

07/11/2022

Diane and Joe O.

We really enjoyed working with Joe Roller and his crew. His bid was very reasonable compared to others we got. He was up front with labor costs and the price of extra material he furnished for us. He was able to schedule us quickly. We were happily impressed when we sat down with Joe to discuss what we wanted done. We needed updated plumbing and electrical. We liked that there was a lot of quality work done before the tile and fixtures went in. He was familiar with the code requirements for our village and was ready to submit a request for permits that day we signed the contract. We passed every inspection the first time with no questions. He helped us find countertops, cabinets, sinks and a tub. We were able to assemble all the fixtures and tiles before the permit came through so that there was no waiting. He and his crews came just about every day (5-day week) once they started. They worked hard, cleaned up, and were very respectful of us and the property. He was very accommodating in any number of ways. The work is well done and what we wanted. We would highly recommend Anix, Inc.

Description of Work
We remodeled two bathrooms from the studs out.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/25/2022

03/15/2022

Marie O.

Everything from start to finish went very smoothly! Joe and his team of professionals were prompt, precise, organized, cleaned up after work was done, communicated well throughout the process and gave advice and suggestions on products and materials. I trusted Joe and his team with my home as we were out of town during the majority of this total kitchen rehab project. (Kitchen was taken down to studs, water lines, gas lines and electrical was all reconfigured) We are extremely satisfied with end product! Many compliments from family and friends who say “kitchen looks like something out of a magazine”!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

Review for Anix Inc - 418 S. Vermont St, Palatine, IL - 39665840

01/26/2022

Laura R.

We were very happy with Anix. Joe was very responsive when I was looking to get a quote for the work and showed up when he said he would. Once the job started, Joe and his crew were always on time, respectful of our house, and did great work overall. They went out of their way to make sure our floors looked great and even finished some trim work that they noticed was unfinished from previous DIY projects. We would be happy to work with them again and recommend Anix to all of our friends looking to do renovations.

Description of Work
Replace flooring

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

11/12/2021

Sharon H.

Things went perfectly. They were on time, neat & clean and did a fabulous job. There were no surprises. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash

Category countertops

Work Completed On 11/13/2021

11/11/2021

Christopher A.

I hired Joe to repair some closet doors around my house and to install a new fan timer. He was easy to communicate with, arrived on time, was courteous and did good work. The closet doors close very well, and the fan timer works well. I would hire Joe again. I should mention that he bills in 4 hour increments, so it's best to bundle projects together in order to reach the full value of what you pay him. I didn't initially know this, but I'd hire him again once I have enough work to fill in that time. I do think that this is on the higher end of the average rate for handyman services, but his work was very good, and I place a premium on that.

Description of Work
Repair closet doors, install new ceiling fan timer

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 11/06/2021

11/05/2021

Lesley C.

Anix completed our full kitchen remodel, including new cabinetry, countertops, backsplash, appliances, and updated command center and wet bar to match. They were quick, clean, polite, professional, proactive and extremely responsive. Joe was on site every day, which was really great considering a lot of lead contractors disappear when the contract is signed. He responded within hours to every email I sent, proactively discussed any issues that arose, and was a pleasure to work with. His team was also friendly and did an excellent job. When I noticed a small issue after the job was completed, Joe returned immediately to take care of it, so you can tell he really stands behind the quality of his work and the satisfaction of his customers matters greatly to him. I would definitely recommend Anix and use their services again in the future!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

Review for Anix Inc - 418 S. Vermont St, Palatine, IL - 39533802

11/04/2021

Travis V.

Joe is a class act and completed the job in a timely manner with a pristine attention to detail. He is the best in the business and I highly recommend his work.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel, Laundry Room Remodel, Painting

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

11/04/2021

Steve K.

With everything going on joe and team did an amazing job. We were extremely pleased with the way everything turned out. We’d hire him again in a second.

Description of Work
Kitchen- 2 bathrooms - turned room into a bedroom (closet - egress window) new closet doors - new back door - painting-

Category custom cabinets, carpet installation, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/07/2021

Review for Anix Inc - 418 S. Vermont St, Palatine, IL - 39532116

09/17/2021

James K.

Anix did a fantastic job, it was a great experience. Through Angie's I had sent out eight requests for quotes to "general remodeling" contractors. I heard back that the job was too small, and "that's not the kind of work we do," and several never responded at all. Joe got back to me right away, worked with me to develop an exact scope of work, and then provided the most detailed and thorough proposal I've seen from any contractor. He continued to be wonderful to work with through the entire project. The work was completed exactly as promised, on schedule, on budget, and with a friendly attitude throughout. I will be using Anix, Inc. and Joe again soon and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Previous occupants had removed a wall between two bedrooms to make one ridiculously large room, relocated the closets and walled over one of the doors. They did the work themselves (no professionals) and it was a disaster. Joe & his crew expertly fixed all of the damage, replacing the wall, closets, and doors. They also fixed the drywall, painted the walls & ceilings, and installed new carpet for those two rooms plus another bedroom.

Category carpet installation, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

09/09/2021

Jennie W.

Anix Inc did a great job with my project! I am very happy with their over all work on my project. I will defiantly use them again for future projects! Thank you for your hard work!

Description of Work
Wood framing ceiling joists, Walls, floor joists and plywood floor repair

Category contractors, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

07/06/2021

Joe H.

Reached out to Anix Inc both through Angi and their company email and did not receive a response from either inquiry.

Description of Work
General Remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

03/12/2021

Olivia K.

Anix was AMAZING!!! They were professional, timely, responsive and easy to work with. They did FANTASTIC work and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
custom master batroom , remodeling hall bath and Custom basement remodeling

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

03/12/2021

Chris D.

It went fantastic, Anix does great work and really works with the client to achieve the end result, a great project! We would Anix recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
convert room to custom masterbedroom and bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

06/08/2020

Nathan P.

Everything went great, my wife and I feel like we are in a brand new home.

Description of Work
harwood floor, crownmolding, baseboards, cabinets, railing, stairs

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

01/19/2020

scott S.

We had an exceptional experience with Anix, Inc. from our first meeting to the finished product. Communication was excellent every step of the way; the lead contractor is a gifted collaborator who was open to our ideas and needs while offering professional advice and suggestions. Notably, the workmanship and expertise demonstrated by every team member resulted in a stunning kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/19/2020

11/01/2019

Amanda H.

Anix Inc. was amazing to work with! They got our store renovation done quickly without compromising the quality of the design. Working with Joe made the process easy as we were in constant contact regarding questions and payments. I highly recommend Anix for any contractor work you need!!

Description of Work
Remodel store

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

10/26/2019

Nick P.

Joe and his team were great to work with. Fantastic attention to detail. They went out of their way to complete their work and ensure we were satisfied both along the way and at the very end. Like any remodeling work, there we bumps along the way, but they were prompt in dealing with those bumps and went out of their way to make up for those bumps. I highly recommend them to anyone undergoing renovation work.

Description of Work
laundry, mudroom and pantry

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

08/13/2019

Michael D.

We highly recommend ANIX. ANIX rebuilt our finished basement following installation of a drain tile system. This included tile installation, re-installation of laundry and bathroom vanities, installation of new floorboards, removal and reinstall of all doors in the basement and full paint job in all rooms. The quality is outstanding – the rooms have never looked better. Joe and his team take great care in making sure the job is done right. No detail is left without attention. Easy to work with, on time, excellent work. We have used Anix in the past for other home improvement projects, and again, Anix delivered. We recommend them highly, and would certainly hire ANIX again for any future projects.

Description of Work
Finished basement rehab following storm damage and install of drain tile system

Category ceramic tile, drywall, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

04/09/2019

margery L.

Excellent! Joe Roller is the best contractor I have come across, that is why I always call him. He is friendly, responsive, prompt and does excellent work. I would recommend him and his crew to anyone I know.

Description of Work
Rafters repair due to storm damage

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

02/21/2019

Jeremy M.

Everything was done smoothly, professionally, and efficiently. I began by walking Joe through all the various projects that could be done in the house. He provided an estimate for each job and I determined which projects would be performed and which we would skip. Everything was clearly put in writing. He and his crew got started almost immediately and worked through the list. Any issues or questions were brought to my attention immediately. They are aware of everything required by code. The house looks as I had hoped it would, the project was done quickly, and the price was in the range I expected. Highly recommended and would definitely hire again for any meaningful project.

Description of Work
General contracting work, which included: Painting the entire interior of a two-story house; Plumbing, including sump pump and basement watchdog replacement, check-valve replacement, replacing multiple sink faucets, and other pipe work; Installing tile floors and fixing other tiles, grouting, and caulking; Installing shutters on the outside of the house; Patching drywall, including ceiling areas; Replacing damaged cabinet floors; Installing a closet shelving system; and other various repairs, including some electrical work.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

02/12/2019

Hakan A.

Joe Roller had told us that they will use cabinets from J&K cabinetry. The project was supposed to be completed by end of Oct last year. But, it was completed the 1st week of Jan 2019. Joe told us many lies for the delay of kitchen remodel. And, when kitchen was done, the floor was not leveled and cabinets were not from J&K cabinetry. He mixed cabinets with what he made and whatever was leftover from J&K cabinetry. Even the cabinets that have J&K cabinetry stamps inside the drawers, the box and front face were not from J&K cabinetry. They did a terrible job with flooring and cabinets. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING JOE SAYS!

Description of Work
Signed a contractor to remodel kitchen

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

10/26/2018

Michael L.

I highly recommend Anix Inc. Joe Roller (proprietor) is very responsive, communicates timely and performs high quality work at a reasonable price. The project included increasing the height of the garage ceiling in order to accommodate a car lift, which required partial removal of the roof, adding a large dormer and increasing the height of the garage door (beyond the original wall height). We were trying to complete the project before moving into our new home and Joe put in significant over-time, trying to complete the job in time. Unfortunately, due to mistakes made by my designer/architect, the Village put a "stop work" order on the project, which caused a 3-month delay. During that time, the Village allowed us to perform some work to secure my assets and to finish the electrical. Due to the starts and stops and overtime worked, I'm sure Joe's cost was significantly higher than his original estimate, but he stuck to the original bid and also declined a tip at the end of the job because he "felt bad that we had so many problems" (none of which were caused by him). The finished project is beautiful... Joe took special care to match the trim with the dormers and soffits on the house... looks great!

Description of Work
Significant garage remodel

Category drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, garage builders, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/10/2018

Carol P.

Joe did a great job. We love the garage and the service we received. Most things were handled by Joe, with only a few things contracted out. Joe supervised even the work that was contracted out. This was an unusual job, requiring a change in the original foundation of our home. Joe was always available to give suggestions and ways to work around constraints of the village to complete the project to our satisfaction. Additionally, we needed some things done that were not in the original plans. Joe worked with us, the architect, and the village zoning board to get everything approved and finished in the shortest amount of time possible. We were especially pleased as Joe bui