Polar Heating and Cooling

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2010

13801 Southwest Hwy

Orland Park, IL 60462

The best equipment, at the best prices, Installed by the best in the business! Additional phones - (219) 227-6804, (708) 424-2500, (773) 284-9090, (815) 469-4488, (630) 323-8080, (708) 614-2600. Additional email - sales@polarheatingandair.com....

08/06/2022

michelle S.

Unfortunately, I never called pilot Heston to come out! The company I worked for did…. During covid the business shut down and never opened again. The company somehow attached this outstanding bill $125.00 to my credit and another employee for over 2 years!! Seriously impacted our credit… been dealing with creditors and called polar Unfortunately no one cares… extremely unprofessional and wrong!

Description of Work
Quote/ repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

This makes no sense. We do not have nor never had a "pilot Heston" in our employ. I am sorry, I could not find you in our database or in our accounts receivables. It looks like all your reviews are for florida businesses If your review is for us please send info to Mike@polarheatingandair.com and I will review and respond to your email. Please attach the unpaid invoice. Was it your old business that you shut down? I am looking forward to resolving this issue with you. This is the first I have head of this.

07/01/2022

Robert H.

All work is completed and installed to standard. Very Professional service.

Description of Work
Purchase New Furnace and A/C

06/27/2022

John P.

Polar always does a great job. The technicians are knowledgeable, neat, professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Spring maintenance check

06/11/2022

Jordan L.

Went well. Difficult locations for them to work and they handled it well.

Description of Work
Replacement of two ACs, one furnace and one humidifier

Category chimney sweep, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You so much for the acknowledgement of our service reps efforts on Polars behalf. If you should ever have a problem you need to discuss please feel free to ask for Mike the owner. We always try to go out of our way to help customers who go out of their way to give us a good review. Thanks again, your positive review is greatly appreciated!

06/08/2022

Chris S.

ANYONE ELSE!!! I called them to repair an A/C line that had a hole put into it during a roofing repair. I explained everything to them over the phone, when the technician called me, he had no idea what was going on. I was under the assumption that they were coming out to repair it. Instead they came out told me it would be cheaper to replace the whole system instead of repairing. After being told that, I asked for the estimates for both. After 24 hrs and 2 phone calls. They finally sent me the quotes they charged me $100 for. The technician Omar completely lied to me and the repair was $2000 less than a new install. The repair was also priced extremely high and was nothing but a grab to get me a new system. I called another company, they repaired it for $1500 less than what polar quoted me. They completely refuse to refund me my $100 and won't let me speak with a manager. Don't walk, run from this place. Use anybody else. They have interest in repairing you systems, they just want to scam you into buying new ones.

Description of Work
Line repair or replace on A/C

05/04/2022

Mike R.

The Polar team was amazing starting with Jerry, the installation team and the follow up appointment to flush out the AC. 2 years ago, I called Polar to help with an AC issue and Jerry visited our house and immediately found a solve for our issue. Two years later, I called and asked for Jerry to proactively ask about updating our system as the equipment was installed in 2007. We proactively wanted to replace the equipment and Polar was awesome. This is a really reliable and talented team. Thanks for the first visit Jerry and the help on our new system.

Description of Work
Installation of a new AC and furnace

04/02/2022

Olga D.

Very well, very efficient, professional, polite, and explained work, cleaned up area after job done

Description of Work
Boiler installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and for choosing Polar. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need anything. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

12/18/2021

John P.

Always a great experience with Polar!

Description of Work
Annual furnace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review our business and for choosing Polar. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

11/13/2021

Mary M.

Excellent. Jerry was very professional. He took the time to do the job right and to answer several questions I had. He called me when he was on the way and when he arrived. Left my utility room spotless too.

Description of Work
Yearly service for nElectric furnace and electric hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

10/20/2021

Daniel H.

It was very much a Scam he put it on the furnace started right up never had problem. Watched him take hose back off after working cut it in front of me walk away come back same hose put it back on charged me 242.00 after telling me it's 60.00 no parts needed. The guy called Dispatcher previous stop could not get in dangerous neighborhood so spent 10 minutes at my place put time on me. This was ok by Dispatcher paid then stopped check. Company I reported the Complete Fraud now tried to cash check through bank to fraud bank got caught now put in Collections they say it's now 50 more which is 284.00 but sent me charge 292.00 bill now Reporting to everyone and case will be heard at 1st District Daley Center trial by Judge or Jury and Destroying my Credit for me reporting to Company Bad Conduct and fraud beware this is a scam when they find Senior Citizen they will try to scam Money from you and your Bank even after you report so the Company knows what's going on they tell you on the phone if no parts needed just service call trust me it's a lie they will say something is wrong if you are not familiar with how they operate you will get Robbed. Look out for your Seniors my Neighbor told me to Watch and he did it reported it then all expenses involved with bank and my Attorney they call and ask what are you willing to pay never Thank you for Reporting the Fraud so they know what they are doing when Caught will use any resource to Say the 2 dollar hose was dry rodded and only needed to be put back on. Terrible experience your heart races with not knowing if you say anything to them and they start trouble in your house so I was advised they were not my regular heating Contractor so another lesson learned.

Description of Work
Just put small vacuum hose back on previous Contractor forgot when working on Air Conditioner

08/22/2021

Firas F.

I originally installed my HVAC unit with Polar back in September 2020. Polar addressed most of my concerns, and I wasn't going to issue a negative review until they were not responsive when I attempted to schedule the routine maintenance nearly a year later. My most recent encounter was with Angel, a customer service representative who hung up on me after I informed him of my intent to issue a negative review. There was a five-year labor warranty as part of my installation and for the warranty to be honored the customer must perform the annual maintenance, which is fine and makes sense. However, since I had internal complaints with them, they are not being responsive to my request for routine maintenance, which obviously means they don't plan to honor the warranty. I plan to get a refund for the estimated value of the labor portion of the warranty. Since they are not working with me, my credit card company said that I would have grounds to dispute the charge although the purchase was made last year. I also plant to file a complaint with the BBB . Below are my original issues on top of fact that they don’t want to perform routine maintenance for the unit they installed. In short, make sure that you do your homework with Polar because they don't give you all the recommendations that they should, which could cost you money down the road. Plus, make sure that you watch them with the upcharges because they give some ridiculous estimates. The AC Coil they installed was not Rheem branded, a fact they failed to communicate prior to installation. I didn't find this out until I registered for the warranty. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t have informed me as the customer. There was 12-inch flexible duct installation that I assumed would be included with the installation, but it was not, and I had to request that the service be performed. Jerry offered the courtesy installation since this is generally not included when installing a new unit. I appreciated the installation, but I have no idea why Polar wouldn't have told me that the duct was in bad shape and needed replacement when I was given the original quote. It wasn’t until after the install that I noticed the duct had not been replaced, and I asked the question. I honestly assumed that this would be replaced as part of the ac/furnace install because of the holes in the duct and the fact that there was no insulation. People install these units once every 20 years while Polar does it every day, so how would I know that this is an extra service? This impacts the efficiency of my unit and a competent installer would notify the customer and leave the decision up to them. But for some reason, Polar either missed it or incorrectly assumed that I would not have paid for this installation. This is like taking a car to a mechanic to have the brake pads replaced and the mechanic failing to mention that the brake fluid needs replacement as well. I would have gladly paid for this extra labor if I was informed. Polar charged me $250 to install a thermostat that didn't match what was in the brochure and was way over retail price. After I complained, they refunded me $190. When they gave me the original estimate, they did not inform me that the existing nest thermostat I had installed was not compatible with the new unit? The Nest would have worked, but it would have taken some more time to do the wiring. Taken as a whole, this is not a company that valued my business. All this follow-up takes time, and it’s not worth dealing with people that don’t value their customers. I just had my first-floor unit replaced last week, and the company was great. They were transparent, offered a longer warranty, and I gladly paid a little extra to deal with competent people.

Description of Work
Replace a/c and furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we look forward to the chance to provide you with 5 star service in the future.

07/09/2021

Earl and Mary A B.

It went well. Doing business with Polar (Arctic) for over 20 years.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance

06/27/2021

Elizabeth M.

Price was reasonable and they provided quick service. The technician was polite and very knowledgeable about what they're doing.

Description of Work
They do the heating and cooling.

04/06/2021

Tanya D.

At first things seemed to go well. Polar was responsive and competitive for a quote for a furnace replacement. I chose them because of their labor warranty and a new furnace was installed in November 2020. There was a issue with the preexisting humidifier and Polar tried to correct it but chalked it up to being incompatible. Similarly, the furnace itself went out once. Polar came out, reset it, and it worked fine. In March 2021, I started collecting quotes for an AC replacement. At the point, various HVAC companies identified that the furnace was oversized for the house, the intake and exhaust pipes were not the correct sizes, the intake pipe should draw air from outside the home rather than the basement, and the drain pipes were incorrectly installed. I called Polar and asked them to correct the problems. They admitted the drain pipes were installed incorrectly, that the pvc pipe was not the correct width, and that the intake should draw from the outside to reach max efficiency and corrected those defects. I also asked they replace the furnace with an appropriately sized furnace and they stopped returning from phone calls. So now, I'm left with a very nice unit that doesn't fit my house correctly because that's what they gave me.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Category chimney sweep

04/03/2021

Ted Z.

The installers (Joe and Ernesto) were very knowledgeable. After the job was completed, they took the time to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Polor HVAC to any of my Family, Friends and Neighbors.

Description of Work
Replace AC Unit.

03/12/2021

Constance J.

Very competitive, really wants to work with customers. Helped secure 0% financing for 12 months.

Description of Work
Estimate for an AC and Furnace

12/11/2020

Mathew C.

The day before actual repair was done, a service technician arrived, on time, inspected the furnace and humidifier, and advised that the broken humidifier will be replaced next day. He took pains to clean up the puddle of water which was leaking from the broken humidifier. He explained that the work will be done at not charge, as the unit is in warranty. Yesterday, a service tech arrived, on time, replaced the broken humidifier, cleaned up, and got the furnace going. The humidifier and the furnace are operating as expected.

Description of Work
An in- warranty replacement of a whole- house humidifier

10/29/2020

JOHN H.

VERY GOOD. TECHNICIAN WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND POLITE.

Description of Work
ANNUAL MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEMS

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business and review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

03/02/2020

Pamela G.

Great. They did a super thorough job and took great care in his work. They were really helpful and I would definitely recommend them to mt friends.

Description of Work
They checked and cleaned my boiler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future should you need our services.

02/28/2020

Rachel M.

NEVER I REPEAT NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! He is a link of the exact same problem I have incurred. To make a long story short, Kris contacted them to come out and take a look at the furnace they installed that had been rusting out on the bottom of our 2 year old furnace. To my understanding it was to be a free/complimentary service call. When the technician was done, which was all of 2 minutes, he handed me a bill. I explained that it was supposed to be a free service call. He was irritated and left me a bill. I contacted the company and explained what had happened and a nice lady told me that it would be taken care of. Well I recently received a letter that it was going to collection. I called immediately and was told Clyde would call me back but numerous calls later and no return call from Cylde.....until today. Terrible customer service. I would never treat a customer the way Mike Clyde treated me on the phone. What a complete joke. After I listened to him explain to me how a woman wouldn't know how to run a business even though I run two businesses, I contacted a lawyer. I have never been made to feel the way this horrible man made me feel. All I was trying to do was explain that we were told it was a no charge service call. He refused to do anything about it and took to arguing with me that nothing in life is free and he would under no circumstances (it would be a cold day in **** is actually what I think he said) remove the fee or the bill. I tried to explain that when the techs came out they smoked in my basement and house. left all there garbage in my driveway and were very unprofessional with there language and I let that all go. We needed a furnace and ac unit. What was I going to do, make them leave!? but being given a bill of a service call, that was supposed to be free, to a job that wasn't even done great in the first place was my breaking point. The the phone conversation!!! I'm done. Rude and completely unprofessional. My lawyer will handle it from here.

Description of Work
Furnace and ac unit

02/27/2020

Gayle L.

Replaced part that was still under warranty

Description of Work
Pilot out again

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your business. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need something in the future. Thank you again for choosing Polar.

12/05/2019

Ervin R.

Good work arrived on time put down floor protection. Completed the project in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Furnance replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing Polar. We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our company. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

11/15/2019

Jessica K.

John was fantastic. He arrived on time, understood the problem. Was able to fix it and noted that if we have issues with it in the future, ie the part itself needs to be replaced not fixed, to just give him a call. He did all of that very quickly which helped keep the cost very low. Overall, this went better than we hoped for and will definitely be calling again for future service.

Description of Work
We have a ventless gas heater that was turning off

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. Thank you again for choosing Polar.

11/01/2019

Peggy R.

During a recent inspection of my furnace, it was found to have cracks in the heat exchange and therefore, not operable. I was given options and prices to replace my furnace and after choosing, the new furnace was installed the next day. I have used Polar for several years for my heating and air conditioning and have always been satisfied with their work. Their technicians are professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
New furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind review. and your continued support. We greatly appreciate it. If you ever have a problem with your equipment or the service from Polar please feel free to call and ask for me direct. Michael McLaughlin, President

11/01/2019

Edward F.

Wow, please do your research on these guys and save yourself a nightmare. They were a no show for the appointment on the day I called. Mike then sends out a guy the next day who quoted me over $3,500 for a job that someone later did for $300. These guys will do anything to get you to buy a new furnace/ HVAC from them. Beware.

Description of Work
Heating/HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am very sorry you were not satisfied with our service. I have questioned some of the people you referred to in your review and I am getting a somewhat different story. If you would like to discuss it with the owner please call in and ask for Mike McLaughlin.