American Crawlspace & Basement Corp

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2010

We are a family-owned and operated business that has helped thousands of homeowners address water infiltration issues within their basements and crawl spaces. Our solutions start with 20+ years of experience the expertise needed to determine the REAL source and scope of the issue and applying

Interior Drain Tile System

202160462
Waterproofing of Basement Interior Drain Tile/Sure Flow System This system requires: Break out of perimeter of concrete Add a layer of stone Install Sock Drain Tile in the area Top with a layer of Stone Install Drain Board on Walls of basement. This directs any water into the Drain Tile System which leads to the sump pump to be ejected out of home to keep basement dry.
Interior Drain Tile System project

Interior Drain Tile System

202160462
Outside Rubber Membrane project

Outside Rubber Membrane

202160477
View project

basement waterproofing (260)foundation repair (99)concrete repair (40)well & water pump repair (36)insulation (31)drain pipe installation (14)water damage restoration (11)mudjacking (9)excavating (8)basement remodeling (5)mold removal (2)masonry (1)

03/18/2022

Colleen S.

I couldn't believe how responsive they were. I was given an affordable estimate and scheduled right away. On the date of service, he was here on time. He walked through the basement inspecting for any other potential issues. This was VERY helpful as I am preparing to list my home. His work was thorough, timely, he cleaned up after himself and we reviewed the work completed. I couldn't have been more pleased! A definite referral to all family and friends. He was referred by my realtor and I couldn't thank her enough!

Description of Work
Leaking crack in the crawlspace

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

08/17/2021

Debirah M.

The crew that came out did an excellent job! They were professional and they took their time to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. Afterwards they cleaned up the work area and it was spotless! I would hire them again.

Description of Work
I had a waterproof membrane installed around the outside foundation of my home.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words and your business. Call me anytime, should you need anything else! Respectfully, Keith

07/02/2021

Cathleen K.

It was great! We called Steve when we discovered the leak as Steve had fixed another crack in our foundation last year and we were very satisfied with the results. We discovered the crack on Tuesday morning. Steve was at our house within the hour, gave us an estimate and had his crew here Thursday. The workers did a great job and cleaned up the area so it looks like nothing was disturbed. It was a very difficult job due to the amount of water in the soil and clay but they persisted. We are very happy and would definitely call them again! We hope we don't have to but if you need them, they are the people to call!

Description of Work
Large crack in foundation causing water leakage into finished family room.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

Thank you! I am happy we wee able to resolve the issue with the crack repair. Best to you and your family, Steve Owner

11/04/2020

ROBERT R.

Steve and his crew arrived on time. The work area was confined by landscaping and an evergreen tree and mulch covered the area. The work included digging a 6ft by 6ft opening to seal the foundation with 2 rubber membranes. After the work was completed, the work area was restored to its original appearance including the mulch. We were impressed with the restoration to its original appearance, in fact it was impossible to detect a 6x6ft area had been excavated. We were very impressed with this job and crew.

Description of Work
Seal exterior foundation in an area of seepage.

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

Thank you for your kind words. If we can be of service to you, or anyone you know, in the future, it would be our pleasure. Respectfully, Keith Jesiolowski Operations Manager American Crawlspaces and Basements, Corp.

10/30/2020

steve C.

Fantastic. Gentlemen were so polite so neat. Great job. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Crawl space

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

Thank you for your grades and review. It was our pleasure being of service to you! Respectfully, Keith Jesiolowski Operations Manager

10/08/2020

Nancy W.

Quickly. The crew of 7 arrived early and stayed late to get the project completed within two days. They dug a trench along the exterior walls of the basement, put drain tile in, covered it with 1/2" rock, then filled it with concrete. Along with this, they also installed a new sump pump which was included with the price. The concrete and dirt was taken out to a dumpster they brought and put in our driveway. Cleanup was fairly good, considering what they did. The only issue we had was when they were leaving, we asked if they would come back and put the work benches back in place after the concrete dried. When we got our estimate, the person we spoke with said they would put everything back. I specifically asked if they would put the work benches back (there are 5 work benches), and he said they'd put everything back as it was before. The head of the crew said they would come back the following week after another job and put them back, but when I called to schedule it, I was told it was not part of the agreement, that they didn't usually do that, and they could do it for an additional fee. This was very disappointing because we are seniors (89 and 71) and can't possibly move those work benches ourselves. Other than that, the workmanship and product used were very good and we would use them again.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Thank you for your kind words. I apologize for the miscommunication. We typically don’t return after the job is completed, due to the full schedule we keep. It would be something that is on the proposal and that I would specially have on the schedule prior to the project. I am happy you are satisfied with the workmanship and very much appreciate your allowing us to be of service to you. Again, thank you! Respectfully, Keith

07/05/2020

James B.

So far so good it has rained several times since the repair and no sign of water

Description of Work
Repair cracks in basement walls

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

Thank you! It was our pleasure being of service to you. Respectfully, Keith

06/21/2020

Cathleen K.

Excellent. Steve was able to come to give us an estimate before everyone else. He explained what he saw and what he planned to do very thoroughly. When he came to do the repair, he was on time, did a complete job while explaining everything he was doing. we have had no further leaking and would absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Large crack in foundation needed to be repaired

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Glad to be of service and even better that your pleased with the work. Appreciatively, Steve American Crawlspaces Corp

04/29/2020

Bill M.

I sang praises for this company 7 years ago. Boy how things change when a warranty is involved Well the seepage started again the same spot. No big deal I thought since I had a lifetime warranty from the first time they were here. Its started again in feb and i understood that the ground was to frozen for them to dig it up. Needless to say they requested countless pictures etc...needed me to text them a pic of the warranty because Keith claimed there is no lifetime warranty on the work they did previously. After that it been a phone game of with a list excuses for not coming out . owner on vac..someone in hospital etc etc... Well it lasted long enough for them to now include Covid 19 as another excuse even though all the work is being done outside. (That could last for another year or more) I was patient up until then meanwhile I called another waterproofing company to come out since im tired of basement getting water since feb everytime it rains. Its Spring ..we getting rain regularly.Now texts and calls are not being returned so I just called another waterproofing company who came out that day to schedule the repair..and they didnt even have to "call the owner of the company" to start the repair process.

Description of Work
basement seepage

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Keith did talk to you it was agreed that in the Spring weather permitting we would be out to check what is going on. Unfortunately, this spring we have been on a stay at home order do to the Covid19. We will get your issue as soon as possible. Sincerely, Steve

10/30/2019

Cory Y.

The crew was on-time and cleaned up very nicely. The system does a great job at keeping the water out of the basement and out of the living areas. I would only suggest that before work is done that the full contract be discussed and all points be clarified. I had some miscommunication that was partially my fault that I had missed. The people are great to work with and helped me out with the items that I needed to have completed. I will be using the again for another home.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing & Floor Drain

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was totally our pleasure working with you! Respectfully, Keith

10/06/2019

David D.

The crew arrived on time and started work immediately on my CRAWL space. The space was extremely difficult to work because of the limited height and access point. My old vapor barrier and some temporary wooden flooring was removed, The space was leveled, a new vapor barrier installed and a concrete flooring pumped in and leveled. The crew worked in an extremely restricted and confined area and executed the job perfectly. Upon completion, the professional crew cleaned the job site.

Description of Work
Sand crawl space leveled, vapor shield installed, concrete poured.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was totally our pleasure being of service to you.! Respectfully, Keith

07/03/2019

Jane .

No work was required. I sent photos and he told me how to go about getting the job done as there was no issue with water coming into crawlspace.

Description of Work
There was a crack in my concrete floor in the crawlspace without water coming in and Keith recommended how to repair since there was no water coming in through the crack saving me hundreds of dollars. This man is honest and I will definitely recommend him to family and friends if they should have issues with cracks in their basements or foundations where there is water involved.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

Thank you for your kind words. If we can be of service to you in the future, it would be our pleasure! Respectfully, Keith

07/01/2019

Bonnie K.

When water's coming in you need service asap, not 3 weeks later. Keith scheduled quickly, answered questions & called back promptly when we had more questions, even over the weekend. Jim, an owner, did the work & explained all. Didn't try to get us to do work that wasn't needed - i.e. c.racks that weren't leaking. Went above & beyond & even caulked an outside area where more water was seeping in - another big company refused to do that. Checked floor drains too. Highly satisfied & would recommend.

Description of Work
Foundation crack caused water leak into basement. Water seepage from another area over foundation wall.

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank you very much for your kind words! If there is anything we can do to be of service to you in the future, give me a call at any time. Respectfully, Keith

06/15/2019

Bonita P.

Jim was amazing! Very professional workmanship and he had great customer service skills. Keith also had great customer service and follow up skills. I would highly recommend this company for anyone needing services with water leaks.

Description of Work
Cracks and leaks in the foundation wall

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

Thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to doing a great job for your fiance today, as well! Respectfully, Keith

05/07/2019

Jane E B.

Steve is a Superstar! He is courteous, educated, experienced and did an amazing job! He has a wealth of connections and was able to assist me with locating a fantastic Electrician, Mark Hofer. Before & after photos attached. VERY PLEASED, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
Foundation Crack Repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

Review for American Crawlspace & Basement Corp - 15527 70th Ct, Orland Park, IL - 37862206

04/30/2019

gina F.

Jim came and gave me an estimate ( about $1,900.00 under other estimates) explained everything in detail. Had great communication with Jim and Keith. The crew arrived on time and explained what they would be doing breaking the concrete inside around the perimeter laying Drain pipes and drainage boards installing sump pump repairing cracks in the foundation. Great communication and very respectful. This crew did an outstanding job! Since having this job done about 2 weeks ago we’ve had heavy wet snow melting and rain. No problems. Excellent job! Great price! I would definitely recommend American Crawlspace and Basement Corp. to anyone who is having seepage in their basement. Gina F. Lombard

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words and your review. It was our pleasure being of service to you. Respectfully, Keith

04/29/2019

Mark G.

The salesman was responsive and understood the job I needed performed. The quote process was quick and efficient. The quote included an offer to help me and my wife move some of the storage out so they could get the job done quickly! The crew arrived on-time and worked quickly and efficiently, taking all precautions to preserve the cleanliness of the worksite (my finished basement). The job required that a 4" thick rubber hose be run through my basement windwo and into the crawl space. I could not be more satisfied with the outcome.

Description of Work
The cement floor in my crawlspace sank and cracked over the past 30 years. I needed a 3-4 inch layer of new concrete poured troweled to a smooth serfice

Category concrete repair, excavators, mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

Review for American Crawlspace & Basement Corp - 15527 70th Ct, Orland Park, IL - 37847066

Thank you so much for your kind words and review. It was our pleasure working with you. Respectfully, Keith

01/18/2019

GUY M.

Be wary of these guys. They were contracted to dig out our crawlspace, remove the existing insulation and install new foam insulation as their website shows. Their pricing for dirt removal is based on a charge per dumpster of dirt removed. Naturally we assumed that each dumpster would to filled to it's weight limit. Not true for these guys. Of the 5 dumpster that were delivered and removed only 2 were at that limit. One in particular went out partially filled for this reason: The foreman on the job told me that they were 3 hours late because he forgot the key to the office at home and no one else had one. By the time they showed up the dumpster had been replaced with an empty one. When I questioned the owners about this shortfall they said they did not know anything about it and that they charge by the dumpster, whether they fill it or not. Another bad sign was that their guys are unprepared when they show up for the job, I actually had to lend them pencils to make calculations because none of the five guys on the job had one. In the end they got through with the crawlspace and removed the insulation. That is when the real trouble started. One of the owners, Steve, came to the house wanting to be paid in full. I told him it is not normal to be paid in full until the job is completed and it being September I wanted to pay for the job when it was completed i.e: insulation installed. He told me that would not be a problem and that they were just a little behind in that but assured me it would be done in next couple of weeks, "we had plenty of time before the snow flies". Five follow calls and 13 emails and a complaint to the BBB later and we are still without insulation in the dead of winter. When I did catch them in the office they gave me four conflicting reasons why they couldn't get it done: from scheduling problems to broken machinery, to being told by Steve that HE doesn't need this hassle by us. Our suggestion is not to pay these guys till they fully complete the job or seek other contractors. I would recommend the latter.

Description of Work
Crawlspace expansion and insulation removal with insulation installation.

Category concrete repair, excavators, insulation, basement waterproofing, wells, mudjacking

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

10/12/2018

joe M.

prompt response to evaluating problems next day implementation to resolve problems experienced professional answered all questions and concerns reasonably priced solution to problems I recommend this company's services

Description of Work
crawlspace foundation crack sealing

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thank you very much for your review. It was our pleasure doing business with you. If we can be of any assistance in the future, give us a call at any time. Again, thank you! Respectfully, Keith

09/25/2018

Donald P.

It went great. Steve knew exactly what he was doing. Very professional and in timely manner . Would definitely hire again .

Description of Work
Garage foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

Thank you very much for your kind review! It was our pleasure doing business with you! Respectfully, Keith Jesiolowski Operations Manager American Crawlspaces and Basements, Corp.

08/17/2018

Jim C.

Under extraordinary circumstances and with short notice American Crawlspace came to our rescue. Keith contacted one of the owners, late in the day, described the issue - we needed help ASAP. American Crawlspace responded the very next morning, evaluated the situation and was there promptly the following day as promised - completing the work in a timely manner. They went above and beyond what we ever could have imagined in order to help us. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts! We highly recommend them!! Jim & Lucy

Description of Work
Crawlspace needed to be Damp Proofed to Fulfill a Home Inspection

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Thank you so muck, guys! It was totally our pleasure working with you. If there is anything you, or anyone you know, needs help with in the future, please feel free to call me at any time. Again, thanks! Keith

07/28/2018

Camille W.

The company was very responsive and came out the next day when I requested an estimate. Their examination of my crawlspaces (I have two - a cement crawl and a dirt crawl) was very thorough. They identified the multiple issues and proposed solutions and gave me a quote to complete the repairs. After I accepted the contract, they expedited the permit process with the village and were able to start and finish the job the following day. Their quick response saved a contract on the sale of my home. I am very grateful and pleased with their services.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Waterproofing