Metro Junk Removal

Oak Park, IL 60304

Professional Junk and Debris Removal

09/15/2020

Joel O.

Metro is wonderful. Workers were professional and did a fantastic job. I am extremely satisfied with their work and would not hesitate to contact them again.

Description of Work
Junk removal and furniture installation.

11/21/2018

MARGARET J.

Once again I could count n Metro Junk Removal to do a fine job. My mission to have some unwanted household items gone was accomplished in a swift, reasonable cost, and no fuss manner. Nice doing business here. By my experience, there are friendly professionals here. The senior discount of 10% was appreciated as a helpful saving on the haul.

Description of Work
removal of multiple unwanted house items including analog television

11/04/2017

Ivy B.

I spoke directly with the owner to schedule and get an estimate. I sent a text message with photos so he could do an accurate estimate. He was exceptionally polite and very responsive. The workers arrived on time ( I had an appointment time) and were very polite. I would absolutely hire them again. They also do move assistance and I would consider hiring them for that service as well.

Description of Work
Hired Metro Junk Removal to cart away some old exercise equipment, old furniture, large items in contractor trash bags, etc.

08/03/2017

Tammi A.

It went GREAT! His staff was prompt and very friendly; they even met my dog. They simply cut the posts, lifted each piece (concrete blocks and all). Before I knew it, it was DONE!!

Description of Work
I needed an old swing set removed.

07/24/2017

John F.

From the start, everyone was punctual and professional. Marion came to inspect what needed to be removed, and had an estimate back to me that same evening. His pricing was very competitive, coming in at 33% lower than one of his competitors. The day of the removal, the crew was on time (10 minutes earlier than the ETA provided earlier), well prepared, and well manned. They completed the job in an hour, including the sweep-up afterwards. The crew was nothing short of professional and pleasant to work with. I would definitely hire again if I need removal services, and I highly recommend. The final added benefit is that they are a local Oak Park company, which is always a plus in my book.

Description of Work
Removal of piano, sofa, 2 upholstered chairs, king mattress and box springs, construction debris, scrap wood, and garage cleanout.

05/04/2016

DEBORAH S.

Price was reasonable, they were on time and very professional. They told me they try to recycle the items they gather.

Description of Work
i had several items i needed to have removed from my home, desk, chair,2 coffee tables, and a bicycle.

04/15/2016

Patricia T.

Manager met me at building to walk through and gave me proposal for cost and time to do job. Appointment was set up within a week of our meeting. Crew arrived at building before I did. Crew supervisor walked through basement with me advising some items I might want to keep. Items to be kept are tagged to make sure crew did not throw them out. A light bulb was out and they put in a new one. Job took only about 6 hours. Very happy with how job was done and how quickly it was finished. Would highly recommend and would use again. A++

Description of Work
Removed and hauled away appliances and junk from a very large basement in my apartment building. Cleaned and swept entire basement.

01/25/2016

PEGGY A.

This company has reinvented customer service. i can't say enough good things about them. I have used them many times in a year and each time, they are as good or better than the time before. They actually listen to what you need done and do it to the letter and they care about your stuff that's being moved. I was selling my mom's house and there was lots of stuff that needed to be tossed and boxes i had packed to go to my house down the street. They did it all and on the last trip I had two boxes to be donated that I didn't have time to get to Goodwill. They did it for me and gave me a receipt. All work was done with a smile and a great attitude by all members of the team. I don't know what I would have done without Marion, Lynn and Brian and the rest of the crew. Thank you Metro Junk Removal. I will definitely be using you in the future.

Description of Work
Removed junk, moved boxes and donated stuff to Good will and gave me a receipt on two days 1/12/16 and 1/14/16.

12/11/2015

Geoffrey M.

They came quickly. I used them once, maybe, a couple of years ago. The price was fairly reasonable. We had a lot of stuff. They were fine.

Description of Work
I used Metro Junk Removal to clear some junk out of our overstuffed garage. They pulled stuff out of the garage and a couple things out of the basement -- that was it.

12/04/2015

DEBBIE B.

After months of dithering about what to do with the old TV, I called Metro Junk. The person I spoke to said he would give me a discount if his guys could come get the TV the same day, and I gladly agreed. The removal team showed up within about an hour, and got the thing down a complicated stairway without any damage. They were personable and enthusiastic. Money well spent.

Description of Work
Removed an enormous old cathode-ray tv.

10/17/2015

LEONIA G.

We had nearly 30 years of junk and trash in our basement. The crew showed up on time and went right to work. They were professional, courteous, and fast workers. We have a very large basement and they cleaned it out in about an hour. They were very organized and had a system that was very efficient. There were some things that I did not think they would take, but they took everything that we wanted to get rid of. Our basement now looks great. If ever we accumulate a lot of junk again, they'll be the first people we call.

Description of Work
Cleaned out basement.

08/27/2015

SARAH B.

Terrific. I was in a real jam. We were closing on our house and I had a very heavy desk I had to get rid of. I always check Angie's List first but for some reason I didn't this time. I called a service and waited for them for a whole day when I had a million other things I had to do. They never showed up and I couldn't reach them by phone. t was FURIOUS. Then I checked the list and called Metro. He was so kind. He came out and didn't bat an eye at the weight of the desk and hutch. He was there just when he said he would be, was polite and courteous. Lesson learned.

Description of Work
Hauled away a very heavy desk, hutch and other junk

06/17/2015

Kathleen G.

Marion came to give me an estimate within minutes of me calling him. We had years of junk gathering in a very small garage. He also told us if we wanted to get rid of other stuff from the house to bring it out to the garage, so I did get rid of a lot of old boxes and containers that had been sitting in my attic. The crew of 3 showed up on time (a little early which is fine by me!) They were the nicest young men! They even took an old ladder that had been leaning against the side of our house for 20 years! Had to saw it with our rusty old saw...but they worked cheerily and without complaint. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. Makes me want to hire them for when I clean out my basement and attic!

Description of Work
Hauled away junk that had been accumulating in our small garage for 22 years.

10/20/2014

Thomas C.

As good as it gets. Price was very reasonable. They accommodated my schedule and performed an additional service. Guys were polite, prompt, personable and professional.

Description of Work
Hauled away a sleeper sofa (heavy!!!) from the basement and moved a sofa from the first floor to the basement

10/06/2014

JANE B.

Marion came to give me an estimate the same day I called, and the work was done within the same week. The guys arrived when promised. They scoped out everything before they started. They parked in the alley without obstructing other traffic. They had to break down one shelving/desk unit in order to get it out and even swept up afterward. I'm quite pleased.

Description of Work
Removed unwanted stuff from my condo unit and basement storage.

08/13/2014

Julie F.

An exceptionally run small business! Prompt and professional response from Marion. Prompt arrival of courteous and engaging crew. Clean and thorough performance. Competitively priced compared to bags or small dumpsters. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Removed household items and demolition debris

07/17/2014

MARGARET J.

Great experience; easy, simple, done. Three (3) men arrived early afternoon to remove my unwanted console television along with a printer. The removal was done in short time. Hassle free operation, totally. For such responsiveness, the price was a blessing. I intend to call them for any future removals. Nice communicating with this business and its people.

Description of Work
Removed console television and a printer.

07/01/2014

Maureen K.

It went just fine. They arrived right when they said they would and were very courteous. We got a slightly reduced price as the job took just over an hour total - I think their normal charge is based on a 2 hr minimum.

Description of Work
Removed a large dresser with amirror and a few smaller pieces of furniture and several boxes of household & personal items from an assisted living residence and brought it all to our home about a half mile away. Carried it all in and set up the dresser in a second floor bedroom.

05/10/2014

Carol T.

The owner, Marion and his team, were friendly, professional and helpful. Marion dropped by the house to look at the job several days before doing the job. He gave me a reasonable price and scheduled the job. The team of movers arrived as scheduled and removed everything with 30-40 minutes. They also asked me to check both areas to confirm that they got everything. I would definitely call Metro Junk Removal again and tell all my friends! When comparing them to one of the national franchises, Metro Junk Removal is like doing business with a more than able company without all the hidden exceptions/conditions and legalize.

Description of Work
Removed furniture, TV, tables, treadmill, and exercise bike, two boxes of books, and miscellaneous bags of clothing and house wares from 2nd floor room and basement.

04/30/2014

MARGARET W.

We were very pleased with the removal service provided by Metro Junk Removal Company. My first call to the company was promptly answered by Mr. Matas and an appointment was made for that day to see what we wanted removed and to give an estimate. They were able to come out the next day to remove our items. The crew arrived promptly the next day, the work was done very quickly and all areas were neatly cleaned. Both Mr. Matas and the crew were very polite and very efficient. The reason I called Metro Junk Removal was because my daughter had some junk removed by this company last year and my husband called them a few months ago to have office furniture and other items removed when he changed offices in his building. Both my daughter and my husband were very pleased with the removal service. We will certainly call them again if and when we have more junk to be removed.

Description of Work
Removed all the items (junk) from our home, mostly wood items, including a very heavy old piano.

02/18/2014

Thomas B.

Outstanding experience. Marion came out on a Saturday and gave us an estimate. His crew of 4 arrived exactly as scheduled the following Monday. Very professional, corteous,and exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Removed unwanted furniture

01/04/2014

LEONIA G.

Over the years we accmulated a lot of junk in the basement including among other things: an old stove, freezer,washing machine, hot water heater. The workers were prompt, friendly, professional and most importantly effecient. We would use them again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Removed junk (including old appliance) from basement.

04/06/2013

Vincent B.

Just closed on a condo and did a bunch of demolition myself. I had bags of sheetrock debris, vinyl flooring, metal studs, conduits and old kitchen cabinets and a counter. The junk took up a good portion of the space in my condo and I needed it hauled away so I could continue my renovations. I emailed Marion and got a call the next day. He came out and took a look at the debris and gave me a price. His price was much more reasonable than another national chain hauling service. Once I decided to go with Metro Junk, Marion had his guys out the next morning. While they were hauling, I ended up adding a few more items to the pile which they gladly took away. Marion called me after they were done and we agreed on a small additional amount for the last minute stuff. They were extremely efficient, friendly and swept up after they were done. I highly recommend Metro Junk Removal.

Description of Work
Hauling away of construction debris

02/19/2013

Marie C.

Marion was very quick to respond and give me a quote. His team was out the next day to clear out not only what was piled up in the garage, but I walked them around the house to point out larger, more cumbersome items I found too difficult to move myself. They were all very professional, polite, clean and quick and very affordable.

Description of Work
I'm in the process of cleaning out a hoarders home so I've been getting rid of a lot of nasty garbage. I've had Metro Junk out twice in the last month or so to clear out the garbage.

01/28/2013

Miriam E. C.

On the day of the job,two young gentlemen came to do the work.They were on time and very pleasant. The immediately went to work. They were very hard workers,there were a lot of old things to be removed. Using heavy duty disposable bags and tall containers they completed the job. They even removed some things from under the house and a few pieces of wood out of the garage. The workers left everything clean. I was very pleased from start to finish.

Description of Work
I needed my attic completely cleaned out to have insulation done. I chose Metro Junk because of the number of positive reviews. After contacting the head person I found him to be very personable and giving details about Metro's services.It was very easy to make contact with someone. A few days before the job was to be done,the owner came out to survery the area and give a estimate.

H2H Movers Inc

H2H Movers, a woman owned and operated business, was founded on the idea that your move should be easy and stress-free. We are the full-service moving company you can trust to take care of your belongings - and you! Here’s how we do it: Competitive prices. You’ll get high-quality, personal service at the best possible price. Accurate quotes. Expect fully transparent pricing from the very beginning. Secure and efficient process. Our entire team’s priority is making your move as smooth as possible. Our trucks are stocked with moving blankets, packing supplies, and everything else needed to protect your belongings and keep your move efficient. People-oriented. Both you and our team matter to us. We work together throughout your move, and we fully train and take care of our team so we can all take care of you! A company you can trust. We value your trust, so we lead with integrity. But don’t take it from us - check out our 500+ positive online reviews!

2022 Super Service Award

Blankenship Movers Inc

**PLEASE CLICK OUR SHOP BUTTON!!** ALL OF OUR DEALS ARE ALL INCLUSIVE WITH SHRINK WRAP, TAPE AND WARDROBE SERVICE!! When we started out, we wanted to streamline the moving process for clients in the Chicagoland area. We felt that the current local industry was inundated with way too many fees and charges and that customers came away feeling like they were being "nickel and dimed" for everything. What we found was that by building everything into a full service, simple quote system, with no additional fees, customers overwhelmingly responded with an unanimous thumbs up. Simple and stress free, easy to understand and easily meeting expectations. This has become our thumbprint. You will LOVE the way we move!

Good Move Movers

Good Move Movers is a moving and storage company located in Elmhurst, Illinois. We specialize in local residential moving. We also have temperature controlled, fully licensed and insured warehouse. Our prices for local packing and moving are always competitive and our storage pricing is prorated per day. We also do overnight storage to accommodate closing days. All moving professionals must pass background checks.

2022 Super Service Award