HOUSE OF HEAT

03/31/2017

336 HARRISON ST

Oak Park, IL 60304

We accept remote payment

Serving Oak Park & surrounding areas since 1955, House of Heat installs & repairs heating & cooling systems. We offer a full line of heating & air conditioning equipment & we service all makes & models. Our friendly & helpful staff has over 200 years of combined experience in the business, making House of Heat the most reliable choice for your heating & cooling needs. With 24-hour emergency service, 365 days per year, you can be sure we'll be there when you need us. Choosing House of Heat means that our experienced & helpful team will provide you with quality work at a competitive price....

HVAC Companies (224)water heaters (18)plumbers (7)electrician (5)chimney repair (2)drain cleaning (1)fireplace services (1)chimney cap repair (1)

09/13/2019

Isiah S.

They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They cleaned my furnace.

Work Completed On 01/13/2018

07/06/2019

Karen S.

Great — it was all done in one day with little disruption

Description of Work
Central air

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

02/06/2019

JACKIE G.

Called House of Heat on a Saturday night when furnace quit working. Technician Marty came within the hour. He was able to restart the furnace, but a permanent fix would require at least an expensive circuit board replacement. Since the furnace was old, he recommended replacement. First thing Monday morning House of Heat called. Owner Dave King came just after 9 am. He offered an on the spot reasonable estimate/proposal for a new furnace. After my verbal "yes" he scheduled the installation for noon the same day! The 3 man installer crew came and did an very neat and efficient job. By end of day, all was complete. Everyone involved was professional, polite and friendly. Fantastic service.

Description of Work
Gas furnace repair, replacement

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

09/15/2018

Benjamin D.

All around a fantastic job. I called the main number and the receptionist got me in touch with a technician in no time on a Saturday. Marty did a fantastic job. He was very timely, and professional. He was upfront about the cost of the emergency service, he gave many tips and insights to the problem, and did a very thorough job in getting my A/c fixed up right. I will definitely plan to use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
A/c went out

09/14/2018

Anna-Maria M.

Since 2013, I've called House of Heat whenever my furnace or air conditioner needs servicing. I've been very pleased with their service, over the years. So, when my 26-year-old air conditioner needed to be replaced (refrigerant leak), I shopped around a bit, but decided on House of Heat, based on past experience. I was happy with the installation. Joe and Guillermo cared about their work, and took their time to make sure the job was done right. In fact, I was impressed with the way Joe cut a new opening for the new evaporator coil -- a neat and even rectangle. It wasn't a haphazard arc like the opening created by the company that installed the old air conditioner. The installers didn't seem to mind my partner and me watching them work. They happily answered our questions. Clean up was thorough -- especially in the area in the basement where a hole had to be drilled (through bricks) for new refrigerant pipes. They didn't leave a mess. I'm enjoying my new air conditioner, and the whole process, from estimating through installation, went smoothly. Thanks, House of Heat!

Description of Work
Replace air condtioner

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

09/04/2018

Chris R.

They came by and inspected our AC. They told me about a part that didn't need to be replaced right away, but would probably need to be done sooner than later. I went ahead and agreed to this and they scheduled a follow-up appointment as soon as the part was in. They came by and replaced it at the agreed price.

Description of Work
AC tune-up

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

06/26/2018

Rachel P.

I had to wait a few hours for a callback after my initial call on a Saturday morning, but once Howard called me, everything went quickly and smoothly. He found the issue right away and fixed it within an hour. We will be using House of Heat again!

Description of Work
Air conditioner was blowing warm air.

Work Completed On 06/23/2018

01/28/2018

BRENDA LEE J.

Wonderful service. Trust these guys with everything. Our go-to place for HVAC related needs.

Description of Work
Installation of new furnace, A/C, whole house humidifier

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

01/03/2018

Priya S.

Very responsive and scheduled quickly. The tech did a great job and was very knowledgeable. Price was fair.

Description of Work
replaced a furnace humidifier and repaired a second one

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

12/31/2017

ANNE D.

Called for emergency repair early afternoon. Was told they were busy but to expect a call after 4pm that day. Totally understandable that they were busy. However...did NOT get a callback after 4pm. Did NOT get a callback that day ever. When did they call back? Not until after 10am the next day. Will never call them for service again.

Description of Work
Gas furnace went out during dangerously low frigid temps. Emergency repair needed.

Work Completed On 12/30/2017

Installation & repair- air conditioning systems, electric HVAC, high-pressure air conditioning systems, Central & rooftops/packaged heating & cooling units, Univac, duct work, humidifiers, snowmelt systems, furnaces, boilers, hydronics, radiation & in-floor heat, hot water heaters

Stoves, fireplaces, plumbing, air duct cleaning, window air conditioners, drain cleaning.

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover