A M & L ELECTRIC

Founded 1955 • With Angi since November 2001

951 GARFIELD

Oak Park, IL 60304

We are a family owned/operated company that has had over 5 generations of electricians doing quality work. We know the value of having satisfied customers. Experience Counts! -Our electricians have at least 20 years with us and take pride in there work and professionalism. -We work with general

12/19/2017

Steve S.

I contacted hem via email several times but did not receive an answer.

Description of Work
I contacted hem via email several times but did not receive an answer.

08/09/2017

Richard J.

It went well. Quickly found short, and put in a bypass.

Description of Work
Finding short in electrical wiring.

10/08/2014

James S.

Description of Work
Did a complete rewiring of our living room and dining room as well as installed recessed lighting and a ceiling fan. Excellent work!

03/25/2014

Anthony F.

They're solid A's, except maybe for the price. The price is a little bit on the high side. With the kind of service that we receive, we highly recommend them. They're just really super. They don't rip you off. They give you a fair price. We have a 17 kW generator out that they put in for us. They never upsold us. They continue to service it almost to perfection. They know what they're doing. The come to our house, we let them in our house. They know the garage door code, they come in and do the work and then they leave. They have done a lot of work for us. They're really a top shelf company. They do a phenomenal job and there's no worry about them. They're trustworthy. It's a family ran business and they're a bunch of super guys.

Description of Work
We used the services of AM & L Electric. They do all our electric in our house and electrical connection our Koi pond and all of our garden lights.

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

06/06/2013

Nell I.

We had been advised that the box to which our bathroom exhaust fan was attached was not properly connected. They were able to send two electricians promptly and each spent 1.75 hours. Not being an electrician I have to take it on faith that they fixed the problem. It has not rattled since they rewired it, which it did before. They seemed to know what they were doing. We did not get more than one estimate so I am rating the price good, but it may be excellent; we aren't up on the per-hour rates for electricians in this area. I would call them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a junction box in the attic.

02/11/2013

Norma J.

I've used them before and their work is reliable and they are nice guys. Scheduling can be a bit tricky, so be persistent. You may have to call a couple of times. Also, they don't leave a bill when they finish, rather they send it to you, usually within a couple of weeks. Their prices are fair and honest, I think.

Description of Work
Light Fixture Installation

11/09/2009

Stephan Z.

They were very professional and courteous. They found the problems, rewired where needed, even had to run or replace conduit in several places to bring it up to code. Throughout the project, every time they found a problem they'd show it to me, explain why it was a problem, and what they were going to do to fix it. By the time they left, everything was safe and up to code. They even cleaned up after they were done and made sure everything looked nice. I believe the price was more than fair given the amount of work they did. I'd use these guys again, and I'm recommending them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Upgraded electrical service, rewire the kitchen and the garage (that was the original plan). Unfortunately, the previous owner really made a mess of the electric (the garage was connected directly to the main... no fuse! Also, all the conduit in the basement had been cut off, jury-rigged back together, and hidden above a ceiling) so it turned into a much larger job than any of us expected. (Had to alter the permit due to include the additional work required.)

09/27/2007

Kris S.

The work he did was excellent. He was very thorough and made sure everything was working properly before he left. Since he had to do a little drilling, he even cleaned up the saw dust that he left behind.

Description of Work
They repaired ten electrical outlets that did not work in my house.

10/27/2006

KATHY S.

It was difficult getting in touch with them, but once they returned phone call, service was prompt. Two servicemen arrived on time and stayed for approximately three hours doing the work. They were very polite.

Description of Work
They installed outlets and phone jacks.

08/28/2002

JAMES C.

THEY PROMISED TO CALL ME BACK WITH A TIME TO COME TO MY HOUSE. THEY DID NOT CALL. I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM.

Description of Work
I NEEDED A VARIETY OF HOUSEHOLD ELECTRICAL WORK DONE.

11/13/2001

CAMI M.

FRIENDLY & ACCOMMODATING FAMILY BUSINESS. EXCELLENT WORK!

Description of Work
UPGRADE TO 200 AMP SERVICE, INSTALL 3 PRONG OUTLETS.

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Vanecek Electric

Shockingly Affordable ! We bring to the table 4 generations of knowledge and experience in the electrical industry. We take on a wide range of electrical projects to include full installation for additions and remodels as well as wiring and panel upgrades and a variety of other jobs. We're committed to providing a personalized service for each individual project we take on and look forward to building strong, long-term relationships with our clients and guarantee your satisfaction.

2022 Super Service Award

V&I Electric

We are a family owned business serving the Chicagoland area. We are here for both your family and Business. V&I Electric electrician has over 30 years of experience in the field! We speak both English and Spanish. Contact us today for your projects needs! Somos una empresa familiar que presta servicios en el área de Chicagoland. Estamos aquí tanto para su familia como para su negocio. ¡El electricista de V&I Electric tiene más de 30 años de experiencia! Hablamos inglés y español. ¡Contáctenos hoy para las necesidades de sus proyectos!

2022 Super Service Award