Offering Digital Experience Proposals As Well

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Bak Brothers, Inc.

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2009

1962 Raymond Dr

Northbrook, IL 60062

Super Service Award Winner in Windows, Siding, Gutters and Carpentry-Unfinished! Started in 1995, Bak Brothers, Inc. began as small exterior remodeling company. Since then, while always maintaining a "small business" mindset which puts the needs of its customers first, we have expanded both our

10/14/2021

J.E. D.

It went well. Norbert worked with me in finding the correct windows and listened to my concerns about getting the large picture window installed on the second floor of my house. His crew was professional and polite. My wife and I were pleased by how clean they left the various work sites.

Description of Work
Replaced siding on the front of the house. They also replaced a bedroom window and a den window.

10/08/2021

John D.

Working with Norbert and his crew was a pleasure. He was very considerate about our needs, and made every effort to respond to our questions and requests. The BAK crew were professional and polite. They did an amazing job of cleaning up in the different areas they were in— both inside and outside!

Description of Work
Siding, Windows

08/20/2020

Joel B.

Bak Bros did exceptional work. Top quality, great attention to detail, they were responsive to any issues or concerns. They came on time, answered questions thoroughly, and finished the job as promised. We are very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Siding, gutters, window replacements, painting

Category gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, house painters

05/31/2020

Amy C.

We hired Bak Brothers to replace our roof, gutters, fascia, add leaf guards, and also do some masonry work. We were extremely please with their initial responsiveness, price, and the detail in their estimate. The work started just before the Covid stay at home order, and we loved the roof but the setting of the gutters was not quite to our liking. The leaf guards were also a little visible and a lighter color than we expected. We discussed with them, and they totally understood and took the time to re-do that part of the work, even though it was delayed due to quarantine logistics. They were communicative and friendly throughout, so we knew what was going on. We ended up with a great result. I would definitely hire Bak Brothers again.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, new gutters, fascia, leaf guards, masonry work (chimney)

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing

08/31/2019

Reenie M.

I requested Bak Brothers to come out and provide an estimate to replace/repair siding and windows on my home. Ben Bak came out on 7/17/19 to look at the property and take measurements. I was told that I would receive an estimate within a few days. When I hadn't received an estimate by the end of the month, I called the office and requested the estimate. Days later, Ben left a message on my vm to let me know that they were swamped and then he would get the estimate out in a few days. Fast forward two more weeks and still no estimate. I called again and left a message for Ben to provide an estimate. NO RETURN CALL!!!. Now, it's 6 weeks later and I still haven't gotten an estimate. If I take time off of work so you can come to my house to do an estimate, it's only right that I actually get an estimate. Perhaps the company is so so busy, that they don't require my business or that of others!

Description of Work
complete unprofessionalism

10/30/2018

Yefim G.

Ben Bak returned my initial call the same day. Upon hearing the problem and further clarifications on the size and type of glass, he quoted the price. He assigned his associate, Steve, who came promptly and made necessary measurements, and ordered the glass. It took a while before Steve came back to install the glass; he called in the meantime, though, explaining that this was not a usual order and it took time for the factory to cut the glass. The installation went smoothly, Steve and his colleague were professional and courteous. An Angie's list coupon was honored with the payment.

Description of Work
Broken window glass replacement

Category glass repair, replacement windows

05/22/2018

Jeffrey H.

We hired Bak Brothers to install our windows and doors for our home renovation project. We had 23 Marvin Integrity windows, 1 Marvin sliding door, and 2 Menards prehung fiberglass entry doors. Throughout the whole process, Ben was responsive and punctual. I was very happy with the pace of the installs, the windows functioned very well after install, and the insulation appeared thorough. The doors were all installed very nicely as well. It's been several months, and a nice range of wet, dry, cold and hot, and all of the doors and windows still open and close freely. Our windows arrived on December 5, and the crew began installing on the 7th. Everything was complete by the 14th. The installers were very polite and worked efficiently. They pointed out one of the window frames that was imperfect/flawed and needed to be replaced by Marvin. The reinstall work wasn't inordinately expensive (although I was angry with Marvin over the fact that I had to absorb that cost). They were helpful in determining the proper height off the floor for the doors (since we didn't have a finished floor in yet). They also had to make adjustments to 5 or 6 of the rough openings, cut most of the sheathing for the openings, and had to completely build one additional rough opening. In a couple of cases, the work they had to do was more than just shimming in some wood -- they even rebuilt the header over the sliding door, which was a very sizeable span -- and in all cases I was extremely happy with their choices and execution. And the additional fees for the added labor were very reasonable -- the extra work resulted in 12% overage, or $580 on a $4650 contract. There was one bit of confusion regarding "wrapping" the windows. When we hired a siding crew, they had expectations of the amount of exterior wrapping that Bak would do, and I never got a clear sense from Ben that they would typically handle that. Ultimately the siders took care of it, but only because I didn't really know to ask Ben to handle it. One area of concern was that my house used Zip System sheathing and tape, and from my early discussions with Ben, it was clear they weren't familiar with it. I sent them a lot of info and videos (from Huber Engineered Woods) but I don't know if they reviewed that info. I looked like they did the window flashing (with the Zip tape I provided) correct, but since I wasn't able to monitor the work, I don't really know. But they did seem fully confident the whole time, which was a positive. And they absorbed the cost of the specialized Zip System materials where needed (I already had most of what they needed) when they could have justified passing those costs onto me. The price for the work was highly competitive, and ultimately we feel it was a very good deal for the quality of work we received. A side note: we asked them to also bid on building the porches we had in our plans for the house. Unfortunately their bid for that work came in surprisingly high -- almost triple what other carpenters were bidding. It was very unexpected, so we did not hire them for that work. We assumed it wasn't a good fit for them, or the timing was bad, and that was why the bid was so high. But given the way the window and doors went, we would gladly hire them for any work if the bid was within our budget.

Description of Work
Install 23 windows, 2 prehung doors, 1 sliding door set

Category contractors, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

05/02/2018

LEN L.

It was professionally done perfectly executed. The young man who fixed the exterior was courteous and thoughtful, and worked at a good pace. The painter called at the end of that day and asked what time he could start the next morning. We agreed on 7:30 and he was right on time. He was also a pro, and also courteous and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Replace some siding, repair outer window frame. Interior checked for mold, repair ceiling and wall, paint kitchen

Category drywall, gutter repair, insulation, siding, interior painters

03/28/2018

Eric H.

Then realized they could do roofing and possibly some masonry work, maybe even some exterior painting and light carpentry.... along with the windows. They seemed interested when they met with me, but after that, it was the last I heard from them. All in all the jobs I priced out reached about $30k. I don't feel I need chase people down to spend this kind of money, so I went with other companies that were also highly rated here on Angie's list, who followed through. I found the lack of follow up odd given the high reviews given and the dollar amounts involved maybe they were just busy, but again, I'm not going to chase a vendor down to spend roughly $30k when there are handfuls of highly rated contractors out there.

Description of Work
Started with windows.....

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

01/17/2018

Geri D.

Bak Brothers was terrific at every stage of the process. Artur was a wonderful liaison for all of the activities. He was exceptionally responsive and communicated each step of the process clearly, patiently, and in advance. The individuals who did the work were also wonderful. They were timely, professional, friendly, warm and exceeded expectations. They helped think through challenges and offered helpful opinions. As a bonus (and completely appreciated), Karl took great care of my new puppy while I was at work. He even sent video of her hopping around in the yard. The entire remodel was completed in 2 weeks. I will absolutely hire them again in the spring for kitchen renovations. The price for their work was 19K but the additional shelving unit was 10K.

Description of Work
We hired them to renovate one of our rooms, which included taking down two walls, adding bookshelves, new windows, interior painting, and lighting. They also repainted a second room and re-did the lighting. The house is very old (built in 1905) so they updated the electrical wiring.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters

11/22/2017

Martin M.

It went better than we could ever imagine. They explained what they would do in detail and did what they said. We weren't sure about how to do the gable and they gave us several suggestions. We changed our mind during the construction to go with one of their earlier suggestions. No problem, and they were very responsive. It turned out great. We have gotten lots of compliments from our neighbors. They were clean, friendly, on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
We had a new gable put up over the front door and replaced the roof, fascia, soffit, and gutters. In addition we had two windows replaced. We have a over 2300 sq. ft. one story ranch with an attached garage (with 2 ft. eves), a huge roof.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

10/02/2017

Patricia L.

Good price, good quality windows. Excellent and responsive installation crew - great care about keeping our house clean - appearance of installed windows excellent.

Description of Work
Instal of six replacement windows

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

09/22/2017

Jon F.

They were very friendly when they came and gave us a good quote. They also did a fantastic job when they were here. However, there were two surprises. The first was that they had to have a second crew come back to replace the rotted fascia wood on one side of the garage. When the first crew came out, i personally asked them to make sure they replaced the trim-strip that attaches to the outer edges of the shingles. However they did not do it the first day and told me the wood replacement crew would do that when they came the following week. However they did not. They did a great job replacing the fascia wood and with the shingles, but after 3 phone calls to the owner and an email over the last month I still have heard nothing about fixing the missing trim-strip. The strange thing is, they haven't asked for the balance of the job either. You think they could do this very minor repair to finish up and get paid.

Description of Work
They put a whole new roof on my garage. They also removed some kind of exhaust that used to be there.

09/01/2017

MICHAEL N.

Bak Brothers did a fantastic job! I plan to hire them again for other home improvement work.

Description of Work
Had Bak Brothers replace my roof, gutters and front posts on my porch.

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

08/29/2017

k V.

I am a first time home owner and never had to buy a roof before. What a scary thing NEW ROOF it sounds so adult. Artur was there every step of the way. What I liked is how he presented it. He didn't say you need a new roof he went over the things he could do to repair the roof but in the long run I felt it would be best to replace it so now when it rain's I know my kitchen will be dry. The 0% financing was a huge help. Roof was up in no time. I was approved for financing on a Monday and my roof was up that Saturday- WOW!!! the guys were on time and if it wasn't for all the pounding you would never know there were there. LOL - They cleaned up so well I didn't even find any debris or a single nail. Artur was very professional but yet he made me feel like we were old friends. I highly recommend Bak Bros. ask for Artur and tell him Kim sent you

Description of Work
new roof and chimney

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair

08/09/2017

Peter S.

I can't thank Artur and Norbert enough. The experience reminded me of home remodeling TV shows; good communication, high quality materials and workmanship, and fast turn around times. Initially, I wasn't looking for one contractor to do everything. Artur just made everything so easy. As an example, he arranged for Beechworth to bring their mobile showroom to my home so I could see their product in person and I watched his team install windows on another home in my neighborhood. Every time I go home I'm happy with how everything looks and would highly recommend the BAK Brothers.

Description of Work
Siding (James Hardie), roof/gutters (GAF), windows (Beechworth), skylights (Velux), sliding doors (Marvin), front/rear doors (Simpson/Provia), and the garage door (CHI).

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, skylights, doors

07/29/2017

Connie C.

They went above and beyond everything was excellent.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair

07/11/2017

Diane S.

The experience with Bak Brothers went well from start to finish. Artur was very professional and responsive as we worked through the planning stages. We asked for a delayed start of almost six weeks and were concerned that we might get pushed back even further but the crew showed up on time as promised. The communication was also good all the way through. Norbert kept me informed of the schedule and work flow. His crews worked long hours to make sure the job was completed in the window of time they had committed. The workers also took great care to protect our extensive landscaping and cleaned up the job site each evening. The quality of the workmanship is impressive and we know that we now have a roof that we'll be happy with for many years to come.

Description of Work
Re-shingled roof and replaced gutters

Category gutter repair

05/09/2017

Lori C.

The service was great. The guys were on time and very friendly. They even helped me install my new outside lights. My neighbors have commented on how nice it looks.

Description of Work
Bak Brothers installed new front and back doors, Hardie siding, soffits and fascia, shutters, one new window, and gutter guards.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

04/27/2017

Anthony A.

Artur and Norbert and team were very professional. Everything from start to finish went smoothly.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/19/2017

John M.

I was looking to replace second story windows. Artur Bak came out to measure. He promised an estimate by email the next day. When I did not receive that estimate within a few days, I called his contact phone number. The message indicated he was out on vacation. Then I called the main office number and was told that someone would clear up the confusion and call me within a day. It has been over a week and no call from anyone.

Description of Work
I was looking to replace second story windows.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], We truly apologize about the lapse in communication. The timing of the visit coincided with an unforeseen departure of our owner and therefore we were not able to provide you with the estimate in the timeframe as originally anticipated. If you are still interested in finalizing the proposal with us, please give us a call at your convenience. Thank you in advance.

04/14/2017

Sharon K.

Bak Brothers installers were as congenial and professional as Artur. The doors look amazing and I couldn't be happier with the quality of their product the installation. I just learned that the company also remodels both kitchens and bathrooms as well as doing windows and doors. Knowing that I found a company that I can rely upon to do such a fine job may inspire me to consider updating other areas in my home!!

Description of Work
I needed to replace my double front doors and two side windows. After visiting several local dealers, I met Artur who was knowledgeable, very PATIENT (I took a great deal of time making decisions), and extremely personable. I wanted to find a style of doors that didn't look like the standard builder's special that we were replacing. Bak Brothers works with a variety of manufactures giving me several options from which to choose. Moreover, Artur was able to download pictures of my home showing me how different doors would actually look. He also sent us samples of all the possible glass patterns available which was so very helpful in making my final choice. In addition to being attentive, informative, and such a pleasure to work with, his prices were right in line with all my other estimates.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

04/13/2017

Bob E.

No problems, Andy was on time and the installation took a few hours as planned. I had a problem with the lock (defect) and I contacted Artur, he immediately contacted the manufacturer who immediately contacted me to set up a a day and time to come out and make the repair. Artur then followed up with me to make sure everything was fixed to my satisfaction and I was happy. Great followup!

Description of Work
New patio door

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

03/27/2017

Charles L.

Bak brothers were a wonderful company to work with and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had a new roof, siding, gutters, and porch lighting completed.

Category gutter repair, lighting, roofing, siding

02/27/2017

DARIN P.

process went smoothly not much inconvenience to us while it was getting done. They cleaned up pretty well each evening despite the not so perfect weather they had to work in. When there was a change in the weather after work was completed they came by the house and magnetically swept all surfaces for nails and power washed patio, sidewalks and driveway.

Description of Work
tear off 2 layers of roofing install ice and water shield, new roof with continues ridge vent. removed existing siding and installed James Hardie siding and trim. Removed soffit's, fascia and gutters. Installed James Hardie soffit, fascia and aluminum gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

2022 Super Service Award

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers Coupon

Illinois
    Illinois: General
    12/31/2023
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Bak Brothers, Inc.

How is Bak Brothers, Inc. overall rated?

Bak Brothers, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Bak Brothers, Inc. open?

Bak Brothers, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Bak Brothers, Inc. provide

Bak Brothers, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Does Bak Brothers, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Bak Brothers, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Bak Brothers, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Bak Brothers, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Bak Brothers, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Bak Brothers, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Bak Brothers, Inc.?

No, Bak Brothers, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Bak Brothers, Inc. offer?

Bak Brothers, Inc. offers the following services: 2014 Super Service Award Winner in Windows, Siding, Gutters and Carpentry-Unfinished! Siding, Roofing, Windows, Doors (entry & patio), Gutters, Decks. Porticos, Interior remodeling (Kitchens, Bathrooms, Basements), Window & Door Glass Replacement, Painting (interior & exterior)