American Weathermakers

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

341 Anthony Trl

Northbrook, IL 60062

AIR PURIFICATION AND FILTRATION

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

HVAC Companies202060201
One day boiler replacement. Single zone house. Added new pump, air eliminator, floor mounted tank, and combo back-flow stopper / water feeder.

Six-Time Super Service Award Winner! Our Guarantee: If you have no heat, we'll be at your home within 60 minutes or we'll give you a $60 gift card good for any repair (must mention at time of scheduling). American Weathermakers is a family-owned business that has been servicing residential Chicago-land customers since 1949. We design, service and install numerous types of HVAC systems for new and regular customers every day. At American Weathermakers, we pride ourselves in being the most thorough, trained and technologically advanced group of HVAC professionals in the Chicago area. Our customers rely on us to be candid, transparent and affordable all while successfully creating and maintaining a comfortable, energy efficient, and safe environment in their homes. Comfort Club Membership is available. The benefits include discounts on tune-ups and repairs, automatic scheduling for tune-ups, extended warranties on most repairs and priority emergency service. These benefits are designed for you to save money on heating and air conditioning costs. We are ready right now to help you maintain and service your HVAC system without any hassles or hidden costs. Contact us today. The American Weathermakers professionals on staff can explain more about our services, what you can expect from our company and the benefits of joining the Comfort Club. We mean it when we say that we won’t be comfortable until you are. Let us get your HVAC system up and running so you and your family are comfortable through the rest of winter and into another Chicago summer. Additional phone: 855-955-4822 or 847-509-7777...
BOILER REPLACEMENT project

HVAC Companies

202060201

4.3

HVAC Companies (449)water heaters (34)generator service (1)air duct cleaning (29)appliance repair (10)electrician (7)plumbers (6)dryer vent cleaning (3)well & water pump repair (3)pest control (1)

02/02/2022

KAREN P.

They provided an excellent service and always arrived as scheduled.

Description of Work
I have a contract with them for cleaning and checking my furnace, hot water heater and air conditioner.

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Thank you

01/25/2022

Diane K.

I asked them for a receipt in detail for future reference, and they said they will send it by mail, no receipt came, so I called and spoke to 2 people in American Weathermakers, and asked for an actual receipt, and they said they will send a receipt, I received a blank receipt with my name is written wrong, there was no phone number on it, and so I called to ask for an itemized receipt, asked for the credit the $30.00 that was promised, but they said the original price was $288, but the actual payment I made was $258, Bad attitude of this provider. The way I was treated was not acceptable, so I do not like these people. They should give out a receipt right after the service just like a car repair does, and not run after them for a receipt and deal with Miss America and her bad attitude.

Description of Work
Furnace repair service

Work Completed On 01/07/2022

[Member Name Removed], I apologize for all the run around. I will look into this and get everything corrected on your service ticket. Also I will review the phone call with the office to see why a simple request wasn't fulfilled. Will follow up with you directly soon.

12/30/2021

Emily S.

We hired American Weathermakers to come rewire our heater in Sept 2021, here we are not 90 days later and the wiring is failing. A call to Am Weathermakers has them telling us we must pay a new service fee just to get someone out to fix the mess. We keep getting fed the line of “it’s most likely a new problem”, it’s not, it’s the wiring, the same brand new wiring installed in Sept. Don’t make the same mistake we did, find someone who will stand by their work instead of jabbing you with paying for service calls from jobs not done correctly.

Description of Work
Heater rewire

Category appliance repair,electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Thank you for the costumef conversation.

03/28/2021

Dave A.

This is a horrible company that does not stand by their work. Flooded our basement by installing our sump pump wrong and then saying it wasn't their fault. They cam out and did the start up and told us we were all set. Then our basement flooded. Their service guy was in our sump room for 20 minutes and told us it was not installed correctly and they would make it right - but the next day said he was not in the room for 20 minutes fixing their mistake. The owner told us they were not going to do anything and to call our insurance company since the basement will probably mold. Shysters.

Description of Work
Sump Pump Replaced

Category appliance repair,plumbing,wells

Work Completed On 03/28/2021

There we a lot of mitigating circumstances related to this incident. I am very concerned that things weren't more clear. We absolutely would take responsibility if it was our fault, for fairness we had to let it go to the insurance company to make sure that you'd be taking care of and that someone impartial could decide fault. Three months between install and issue with multiple people other than use looking at it, it just does not make sense. We stand behind out work. I'm sorry it came to this, this is very uncommon.

12/26/2020

Jane F.

I have been a customer of American Weathermakers in Chicago since 2005. As a Comfort Club member, they come twice a year for maintenance on my hot water heater, furnace, humidifier, and air conditioner. The annual maintenance has extended the life of these items. The technicians and office folks have always been experienced and professional in all conversations. In July 2020, they installed an Aprilaire Model 1410 Air Purifier onto my furnace. Now that I am working from home full time I was looking for ways to improve my indoor air quality. In December 2020, it was time to replace my 15-year-old hot water heater. The hot water tank was starting to get a bit corroded on the top and I deiced to replace it before I was forced to replace it. For both visits, the technician adhered to Covid protocols. The work was done quickly, efficiently, and the work area was cleaned up before they left. They walked me through the products before leaving. I will continue to use American Weathermakers for my HVAC needs. Thank You American Weathermakers!

Description of Work
Replace Hot water heater; Add air purifier on to furnace

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/17/2020

Robert S.

Absolutely perfect! The new boiler and the boiler room around it looks gorgeous, the piping is perfect and has cutoff valves to simplify maintenance (if ever a component requires repair). From the outside door all the way to the boiler, every area was left clean and neat. Most importantly, every area of our home has the exactly perfect amount of heat (That is radically different from the old system!) Finally, their team was fantastic to work with. They answered every question, asked for our preferences, and never stopped their work pace. And they were great individuals!

Description of Work
Replacement and installation of boiler for central heating

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Review for American Weathermakers - 341 Anthony Trl, Northbrook, IL - 39090159

12/12/2020

Charlene F.

I called at 3:00 PM and they had a technician at our house by 5:00 PM. He wore a mask the entire time he was in the house. He quickly diagnosed the problem. He explained what was wrong and did the repair. By 5:45 we had s working furnace.

Description of Work
Furnace not turning on

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/24/2020

Donna T.

Excellent. American Weathermakers has been our HVAC service people for 30 years. We wouldn’t use anyone else. Affordable, courteous, very responsive to emergencies, exceptional service people & a well trained office. Everything you need.

Description of Work
Annual furnace check up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

11/17/2020

PHILLIP A.

It went very well, thanks and bravo! to Jose Lara, our friendly and expert American Weathermakers installer. We also appreciate our regular service technician who recommended replacing our water heater, 16 years old with Rheem, a top rated brand. Thanks for providing us great, responsive service for over 20+ years.

Description of Work
New Hot Water Heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

10/31/2020

regina B.

heat stopped working - possible thermostat replacement

Description of Work
20 OUT OF 10 STARS! AMAZING! PROFESSIONAL! RESPONSIVE! American Weathermakers will be our GO TO company for HVAC! Bought a condo in August, my daughter is going to school in Chicago. I got a very early call that the heat was not working. American Weathermakers was so responsive and flexible to come out the same morning to diagnosis the issue. Kevin was our tech - came out within AN HOUR of the call!!! I could not believe it! Kevin completed the diagnosis and shared with my daughter some preventive maintenance for the future. Kevin also communicated about a maintenance club that American Weathermakers offer for spring and fall. KEVIN IS A SUPERSTAR in my daughter’s eyes and American Weathermakers will be our company for any HVAC issues. For a mother who received this early morning call from my daughter, it’s a great relief knowing she has her heat fixed so quickly! I recommend this company!!! Look no further for GREAT and PROFESSIONAL service in Chicago!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Heating Repair & Replacement. Cooling Heating & Replacement. Radiant. Unico. Snow Melt. Boilers. Steam. Hydronic. Ductless & Mini-Split. Console. Hot Water Heaters. Indoor Air Quality Products. Humidifiers. Dehumidifiers. UV Air Purification. Air Cleaners. Water Filtration. Attic Insulation.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, American Express, Financing Available