Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs

Founded 1957 • With Angi since May 2005

633 N Washington St

Naperville, IL 60563

Additional hours - Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. Additional emails - raemartin@rmcarpets.com, kmoeller@rmcarpets.com. Cost is determined by the job....

08/19/2017

Gail D.

I use them once a year in the summer. They are the best. They are very economical. I would absolutely use them again. When they are just cleaning the carpets, it maybe takes them two hours, and it's only one person. They leave it spic and span.

Description of Work
I had the carpets and upholstery cleaned.

08/19/2017

Gail D.

They are outstanding. They move all of the furniture. They come when they say they are going to come. They are very punctual. They just really take care of your furniture. Seven or eight years ago, someone from Russell Martin broke a lamp, but they compensated me fairly. They didn't buy me a lamp, they just gave me the money that I asked for the lamp. They are very responsible. They are good businessman.

Description of Work
They come every year to clean the carpets in the family room, living room, and up the stairs.

03/16/2017

GAYLE S.

We sincerely do not like giving this company bad reviews but we want to inform diabled people and senior citizens the problems we had. My husband, a senior citizen, delivered our area rug to Russell Martin for cleaning. We are long-time repeat customers. Our entire home's carpeted areas have Russell Martin's carpet; we thought very highly of the now retired owners. A week after my elderly husband delivered our area rug to Russell Martin's store, he sustained a back injury. When the rug was ready for pick up, I called and asked employee, Kate, if someone in the store could help my husband load the rug into his SUV. Kate's disprespectful, rude, comments were unbelievable! She loudly, aggressively commented on her recent surgery and stated that "NO she was not going to jeopardize her health by carrying out a rug!" She implied that we were cheap in bringing in the carpet to save money! When I asked her if there was someone else in the store that could help my husband, she replied, "No, there was no one else that could help then she rudely yelled at me ... "do you want me to hire cabana boys?!" OK, with those remarks I was speechless ...when I found my voice, I politely stated that my husband was ill and I found her comments to be extremely unprofessional and rude ... and then ... she hung up on me! I did call back and got another employee (not Kate) on the phone and I asked to speak to the owner or to the manager. The reply was that there was "no one from management there." I explained about the rude earlier phone call and the new lady (in my upset I did not catch her name) apologized. When my husband did go that afternoon to pick up the rug, 2 kind ladies did carry to his car. We were told that there is no one in the store to help load the customer's cars with area rugs ...... From our perspective: There are plenty of other carpet stores in a 20 mile area; we will go to one of them. PS. Even after telling the other employee how I was treated, I never received an apology for Kate's rudeness and cruelty.

Description of Work
9 x 16' oriental area rug cleaning.

03/14/2017

Theresa F.

Both times the wall-to-wall carpet cleaning was done quickly and efficiently with no mess. The results were perfect, Same for the the area rugs/carpets they cleaned in their pant. Upon delivering the cleaned rugs they placed them on the floors for me (three were rather large so that was especially appreciated). This year I only had the wall-to-wall carpeting cleaned (stairway, 3 bedrooms, short hallway -- $90), as the area rugs still looked great. However one rug in the basement smelled bad and had evidence of cat urine stains on the underside. They said cleaning would make it look better but the urine odor would never completely disappear and would only attract the cat again. They recommended that I discard it, which I did.

Description of Work
First year: Cleaned wall-to-wall carpeting on stairs, three bedrooms, and short hallway at top of stairs. Also took 3 large and three smaller area rugs to their plant for cleaning. Delivered cleaned rugs and replaced them on the floors for me. Second year: cleaned wall-to-wall carpeting.

10/10/2016

Bob W.

We're pleased with them. We get the same guy each time. He's very professional. We bought the carpet there. We've only had one particular guy do it.

Description of Work
We've had carpet cleaning with Russell.

07/03/2015

Patrick M.

Dropped off rug. Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs cleaned rug in 3 days. They rolled rug and wrapped it in plastic. Service was performed on time.

Description of Work
Cleaned rug.

05/04/2015

DOROTHY G.

The scheduling woman was very friendly and nice. Asked me questions about what I needed and explained to me the most economical way to accomplish this. She was able to schedule a technician within a few days. The technician, Ernie, arrived right on time and took each and every stain out in no time at all. Even a horrible stain that had been in my basement carpet for several years that had never come out completely from other cleaners. Now I can't even tell where the stain used to be! We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Cleaned spots in my carpet various parts of my home and cleaned the carpeted stairs.

04/21/2015

John T.

Based on my description of the room, they provided good suggestions for color, type and patterns in the carpet when I shopped at their store (and provided samples to bring home). When they came to my house to measure for the carpet and provide the quote they arrived at the scheduled time and completed the measuring quickly (5-10 minutes). For the installation they arrived on schedule and completed the work in about 3 hours. They did a good job keeping my house clean (they vacuumed after removing the old carpeting and again when they finished installing the new carpeting). Everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful. There was no pressure to buy or make a decision quickly. I probably spent a little more than I would have with a big name carpeting store but I prefer dealing with a smaller family owned business and the people I worked with will still be there in a few years if I have any questions or concerns.

Description of Work
Replaced the carpeting on a stairway.

04/02/2015

PAT C.

They were able to remove the stain and so the carpet was saved!!! Very friendly, professional service.

Description of Work
I spilled red wine on an Oriental carpet.

06/23/2014

Larry W.

Needed carpet repair. Returned call, recommended their service man. He returned call and came next day and completed job.

Description of Work
Carpet repair.

01/11/2014

Russ R.

Cleaned carpet and stairs. Great job, very professional and followed up later to ensure I was satisfied with the job.

Description of Work
I used RUSSELL MARTIN CARPET AND RUGS.

11/08/2013

Angela J.

I had an oriental rug and a large area rug that needed to be cleaned. I dropped them off and had them thoroughly cleaned and returned to me within a week!!! I have tried other rug cleaners and the rugs never looked as bright or smelled as clean as they do now.

Description of Work
I used Russell Martin Carpet & Rugs

Category oriental rug cleaning

10/07/2013

Monica F.

They were on time, furniture was moved to clean carpet

Description of Work
Cleaned second floor and basement carpets.

09/30/2013

Jeff G.

Perfect. They are prompt, professional and do great work.

Description of Work
The cleaned up the cat barf stains and shampooed the carpets. They went to the extra effort to make sure they found any hidden stains in other rooms.

07/22/2013

Helen P.

Alex did a great job. He was very thorough in his cleaning. He had wonderful recommendations on what type of products to use/not use on the carpet.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in family room/hallway, dining room, stairs leading upstairs and area rug.

03/26/2013

Michael F.

The two gentleman were very professional, were able to steam clean the floors and stairs with no problems and the results were great. We have a boxer dog and 3 year old that like to bring in dirt from outdoors, so we get the carpet cleaned once a year. Russell Martin was able to clean the areas above so that they looked new again. We were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Steam Cleaned a total of 365 sq feet (entire family room, spot in den, spot in bedroom #2, spot in bedroom #3) and our carpeted stairs (15 total)

11/26/2012

Barbara A.

They are fabulous, and are well respected. They are very prompt, professional and really inform and review everything with their customers. You are never surprised with the price because they are so upfront, and give great tips and information on how to take care your carpet afterwards. They always go above and beyond.

Description of Work
I have been using them for 5 years now, to clean my carpets and rugs.

11/12/2012

Robert Z.

Easy to drop off and pick up. They did a great job. Rugs had no serious stains, and are only two years old, but they look a lot better and are fuller and thicker than they were before. Very polite and courteous service. Looking forward to using them when I get new carpeting in the other rooms.

Description of Work
Dropped off the wool rug from my foyer, just to check them out. Rug was ready in a few days. It was about 6' x 9', and was about 2 years old and never cleaned. Did a great job. Brought back the colors, so it looks like new. It also seems thicker now. No serious stains, but cat probably coughed up some hair balls on it, so they noted this and cleaned these up if they saw anything. Next week, I brought in the two 3' x 6' and two 3' x 12' runners from the bedroom. These were also 2 years old, and they also turned out great. I also included an old polyester runner I used in the walk in closet (it was worth the $28 or so to have it cleaned, better than the price of a new one). I'll use them in the future, and use them for new carpeting for the other rooms too.

03/02/2012

Dave S.

The store on Ogden avenue is well laid out and the sales persons are very knowledgeable about both their products and services. Our sales person was pleasant and there was no pressure. They listened carefully and found a higher end product that would stand up to our 3 golden retrievers for many, many years, that fit our needs. They quickly sent someone out to measure and quickly provided an estimate. After a little research, I determined their price was competitive and I liked their installation services of hauling away old carpet and padding and moving heavier furniture. Terms were 50% down, balance due at final installation. My only misgiving about terms was that they would not offer a discount for cash (check). The installation was scheduled over 2 separated days. That gave us time to move our belongings and lighter pieces of furniture into two of the four upstairs bedrooms for the first day, then again in the other two bedrooms for the 2nd day. The installers were very professional, showing up on time and I was pleased with the installation. They were very careful moving the furniture. The first day went really well as did the 2nd day until near the end when one of the installers informed us they had run out of carpet and couldn't finish the stairs and upper and lower landings. They believe the estimator forgot a large closet and that left them short. It might also be the reason the price was competitive. It took several days to get the extra carpet in from their supplier, then we had a hard time scheduling the final install as they would not come on Saturday, and my wife and I had already given up a vacation day each for the original install days. We found a date a couple of weeks down the road where my wife, a teacher, had a 1/2 day off. They held to the original estimate, and did not attempt to charge us for the mistake. My only complaint is that they would not schedule the final install on a Saturday given the situation, so the job lingered almost a month after scheduled completion. The positives outweigh the negatives and I would use them again, and recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Removed and hauled away old carpet and padding, supplied and installed padding and carpeting for upper level (4 bedrooms, closets, hallways, stairs and landings) of our 2 story home. Moved heavy furniture as needed.

01/17/2012

DR MICHAEL B.

They are a carpet store and they also clean carpets. I only use them. I've used them for years. I purchased a couple of area rugs from them. I purchased wall-to-wall carpet from them two years ago for my family room. They are good to work with and they give me plenty of samples to bring home. It is a family ran business. They guide me when I bring in furniture samples. They are very good and very helpful. Their prices are competitive but I haven't researched their prices lately but when I did several years ago, they were competitive.

Description of Work
I used Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs for carpet cleaning.

01/11/2012

REBECCA W.

They are excellent. They always clean the carpets in my house and my son and daughter in law also use them. They were moving into a new house and so they wanted the carpets cleaned as it was not cleaned in sometime. Russell Martin came in and they have a discount if they clean an empty house. I thought their price was good and they came in and cleaned it and it looked really good. They really worked on the stains and they did an excellent job. I also used one of the people they recommended to re-stretch the carpet and they also did a wonderful job. They are just a good company. They are not the cheapest but I think they take pride in the work and they do an excellent job. They cleaned my whole house and I have a good size house. I think you pay for what you get from them.

Description of Work
I used the services of Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs in August to clean my carpets in my whole house.

10/19/2011

HOLLY M.

I have had Russell Martin company clean my stair carpets and sofa 2 years in a row, and they have been excellent both times. They even got old mulberry stains out of the carpet. They used some arrangement with a long hose that went out to the truck. Arrived on time, polite, professional. I can't remember the price, but it was reasonable. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
cleaned carpet on 2 staircases and a sectional sofa with cushions.

Category carpet cleaners,upholstery cleaning

09/23/2011

KERRY O.

Exceptional service from sales through installation.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet on second floor and finished basement.

09/06/2011

Erik L.

Showroom experience was great. A friendly, knowledgeable team helped us when we wanted it, and let us be when we just wanted to explore. We had walked in thinking we wanted wool and through thoughtful questioning they helped us determine that would be impractical and more expensive than what we really needed. They sent us home with as many samples as we cared to take. Follow-up conversations via phone were professional and timely. Installation on subsequent Saturday was no problem to schedule. They stand out for quality of product and installation service. Expensive, but worth it. We'll be going back.

Description of Work
Replacement carpet was selected and installed into two large, very high traffic rooms.

04/07/2011

Susan B.

They do carpet cleaning, but also clothes cleaning too. My interaction with them went great. We ended up spending around $800 on that service. We would tell others that they are very good and they get the spots out that other people don’t.

Description of Work
We used Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs for carpet cleaning for years at all our houses. The last time we used them was on the 29th of March and they cleaned the carpets in the entire house, a sofa, chairs, and an ottoman before we moved in.

Category carpet cleaners,upholstery cleaning

Heavens Best Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning

We specialize in cleaning and disinfecting services, for residential and commercial properties! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc.

Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc., Is Uniquely Positioned, Mostly Employing “Prior Service” Military Veterans, as our Primary IICRC CERTIFIED Restoration Services Technicians. WHY ? Veterans have a unique ability to pass inspections. Veterans posses “Distinctive” and “Impeccable,” Strong Work and Service Ethics, Integrity and Honesty. Veterans posses the Highest levels of Professionalism and Respect. These qualities are of priceless value to their own workplace associates, and especially to our valued customers. {MISSION} Is to ensure the long term success of our company through creating (a) Happy and Satisfied Customers. (b) Greater Customer Experience. (c) Cleanliness and Promptness. (d) Respect and Transparent Honesty. (e) The belief in going the extra mile for our valued customers. And lastly, to Improve our customers lives with Cleanliness-Focused by staying engaged.

Offers by Veterans Cleaning & Restoration Services,Inc. on Angi
    CLEAN USA

Local, certified, family owned…That’s us at Clean USA. As the consumer’s number one choice in cleaning and restoration services, we’re proud to deliver a premier lineup of carpet cleaning solutions to clients across northern Illinois and the surrounding communities. That goes for both residential and commercial clients. With free no obligation consultations, pet & kid friendly products, 12 month spot & spill warranties and our 100% happiness guarantee, for your complete peace of mind.

Offers by CLEAN USA on Angi

Cleaning, installation & repairing carpet.