Premium Appliance Repair

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2012

115 E Ogden Ave

Naperville, IL 60563

Premium Appliance Repair works on washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves & dishwashers. Subzero, Wolf & Uline appliances as well. We have a $20 off 'your repair' coupon. Give us a call- we'd be happy to answer any questions. We accept all credit cards....

12/26/2019

Robert C.

Did not go well from first call to request service, and I did not use this company. I have a 2.5 year old GE Refigerator that has an internal water line leak. I called to schedule an appointment and the woman was nice enough on the phone. She quote a $129.00 to come check it out which I was the highest of the three companies I called. I said I was paying for it to get it done and my credit card will pay be back on the back end. My credit card has an extended 24 month warranty on everything I charge with it. She then said they can not do the work. I was surprised because I was paying for it out of my own pocket, not the warranty company and pointed this out. She then stated she would need special approval. To me that was a big red flag and I decided to go elsewhere. Getting an appliance repaired should not be this difficult.

Description of Work
Water Line in a GE Refrigerator Leaking

07/13/2017

Arlene L.

The service call went well, the problem was fixed.

Description of Work
My dish washer was not draining.

05/18/2017

Chalet V.

Jose was great to work with. He was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Dishwasher in my rental unit would not drain. Parts needed to be replaced.

Category small appliance repair

05/03/2017

Amanda F.

The noise went away after he cleaned it. The price seemed high for him to clean out the appliance, especially when I supplied the vacuum. He suggested we change the exhaust pipe and clean out the exhaust. Even after doing this on our own, the clothes aren't completely dry after a cycle.

Description of Work
Check a dryer that wasn't drying and making a weird noise

05/01/2017

BRENDA LEE J.

We called them and they were at our house within 4 hours. Ted fully explained the problem and he and his trainee drained the washer. They found a small sock stuck in the pump of the machine, pulled it out, and replaced the pump. I typically use delicates bags for most of my laundry, but hadn't understood that this small sock might be a problem. Will always use delicates bags for anything smaller than a standard knee sock from now on. The only thing I would say is that I had to clean up a bit more than I thought on this one. Other than that, I think I was pleased with the response and the fact that I could continue with my laundry just hours later. I would call them again for this appliance and other appliances. Convenience and knowledge of industry appeared to be good.

Description of Work
Washing machine stopped working. We weren't sure why.

01/30/2017

george V.

Still works great after 3 months and price seems to be reasonable, will definitely recommend

Description of Work
Fix short circuit in the burner knobs

09/29/2016

David N.

Jose was great. Knowledge, polite and effective. Did a great job and saved us some $. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Fixed our leaking dishwasher.

09/09/2016

Carol V.

The repair specialist Jose came at the time I was told he would be there. He very quickly found the problem. He cleaned out all the soap build up that was causing the problem. He also gave me some ideas to prevent the problem from coming back. He was very friendly and professional, and clearly knew what he was doing. I will call them with future appliance repair jobs.

Description of Work
Washing machine leaking water. Whirlpool duet upright washer.

08/05/2016

sonya D.

I called to get an estimate since I know what is wrong with the dryer. I was quoted and service call fee and a repair fee. I called them because on their website http://premiumappliancerepair.com/services/dryers/ it clearly says "Free service call with repair". I was told by Michelle that they do not offer that. I called back and got Michelle again. I pointed out that their website clearly states in the 3rd bullet point down, "Fee service call with repair." Again I was told that they do not offer that. If they are employing false advertising to lure you in, what else will they falsely represent? I told her I would notify Angie's list. I feel it is unfair to provide ratings on their service since I did not use it.

Description of Work
Repair dryer

07/05/2016

Mangy A.

Ted is like having a Nascar pit crew of appliances - expertise, dependability and quality PLUS more. After looking into our many appliance issues (Washer, oven, dishwasher, - yes all in the same time frame) - he also gave tips on how to care for it. Wait, it's not over yet - he also helped us consider cost options - cost of fixing vs. buying new for our oven. Most services just do the job and bill you for it instead of giving you options. I don't trust just anyone and only go by word of mouth from people I trust. If you are the same, I recommend you give Premium Appliance Repair of North Riverside a call.

Description of Work
Washer, dishwasher, oven

03/14/2016

Suzanne D.

I called on a Saturday morning when I realized my freezer was broken. I was going out of town the following Monday and knew I couldn't wait to have it serviced if I wanted to preserve the food. Premium said they were booked for the day but would see if the technician could squeeze me in. He did and called 45 minutes before arrival. He was friendly and very knowledgable about my freezer (full sized Sub Zero) and even took a look at my refrigerator for no extra charge. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repaired freezer

01/25/2016

Jonathan B.

The bottom heating element in my Hot Point oven broke and needed to be replaced with a new one. I called Premium Appliance on a Thursday and they gave me a time of between 10am-2pm on the following Monday. They do charge a trip charge of $99 which can be rolled into any repair costs that they make. That should have been my first red flag as there are other companies that do not charge a trip charge. The estimate that they gave me was for $288 to replace the element. I explained to the tech that the estimate seemed high since the oven itself cost only $500 and that the part itself is only $60 or so dollars. The tech explained that he doesn't see the cost of the part nor does he see the cost of the labor, he just inputs the type of oven and the type of repair into his program and it tells him the cost. I asked him how long it would take him to do the repair and he explained it would probably take around 15 minutes unless he had to pull the oven out, then it would take a little more time. Upon researching it more after he left (which I should have done before I called them), it seems like the repair is pretty easy to do, and Hot point even provides step by step instructions. It is really unfortunate that they charge a trip charge. To me it comes off as though they are trying to make you go with them despite their outrageous quote, because hey you already paid $99. It is really taking advantage of the customer to charge $288 for a $60 part and 15 minutes of labor. on a $500 oven. In the end I should have done more research, done it myself, or at least called other companies for estimates that don't do a trip charge.

Description of Work
Heating element in our oven needed to be replaced. Estimate was given.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello- The service call of $99 was pre-quoted out and approved. Therefore the customer proceeded to give us all his information- phone number, address so we can send our tech out. The complaint was oven no heat. Then our repair technician quoted it out and the customer declined this repair. We do not pressure in anyone into fixing their appliance/s. There is still a $99 service charge. And the customer was fully aware of that. We also tried reaching out to the customer a few times to talk things over but he never answered our calls. One more note- I'm not sure of these companies that do come out for free- but if that is the case- then why are we getting an "F" rating over our $99 service charge when it was possible for him not to have any service charge at all?

01/19/2016

CHARLOTTE S.

the service call went fine no complaints Ricardo the tech was great

Description of Work
repair stove

12/22/2015

Bill L.

Very nice people to work with. I will use them again!

Description of Work
refrigerator

12/15/2015

Anne B.

All went according to plan. My oven was in perfect condition for Thanksgiving. Highly, highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
I was getting a 'F64' error code on my Thermador wall oven. This happened a few days before Thanksgiving! Ted showed up promptly and assured me that my oven would be repaired in time to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. (The unit needed a new switch to control the fan). It was determined that a previous repair, completed by a Thermador company repairman, was done incorrectly. It appeared that the part was actually damaged by the repairman (this previous repair completed only 18 months ago). The hinges on the bottom oven also needed replacing (the oven door did not close completely). Ted guaranteed that he would be back before Thanksgiving. I greatly appreciated his professionalism, competence, and sincere concern that I have an operational oven for the holiday. I received several phone calls from his office, keeping me up-to-date on the parts shipment and the follow-up repair date.

11/27/2015

Pamela F.

My first time using Angie's List and I hit a home run. Will definitely call Ted/Premium again and again if needed and will definitely recommend. My first call and my it covered my registration fee! Well worth it!

Description of Work
Found hose to washer was disconnected and the reason for leak yesterday on Thanksgiving on new flooring. Reconnected hose but advised he did not know if/when it would re-occur. Advised shelf holding compact dryer not safe. Service call was $99 but he only charged me $79 due to Angie's List "$20 coupon." He looked around on his way out and asked if everything else was working okay. Ted, the owner of the business, came. Thorough, professional, concerned, extremely personable as it turned out he lived in same community as my contractor and wife who were here at the same time. Will definitely call again.

08/29/2015

Raymond G B.

Was on time and later we had minor problem twice. They came back quickly and solved the problem. I would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
replaced the insides of my 20 year old subzero refrig.

08/19/2015

Judith Z.

This should have been a $125 job including labor and parts. Service call was $99 which I was told would apply to the call by office staff when I first set up the service appointment. Office called (with a No Caller ID) at 2 to say he was running early if I could be available and I agreed that I could be home at 2:30. Tech arrived at 3. Did not even look at the machine and he knew it was a lid switch for which I was quoted $260. When I balked at the cost, he said he could honor the $20 coupon even tho I didn't have it. When I balked again, he said he could only go as low as $230 and that was it. I figured I was $99 into the diagnosis to begin with and if another provider was within reason at the $125, I would still be at the same cost so proceeded with the job. Total time was approximately 25 minutes.

Description of Work
Installed lid switch on 25 year old washing machine that did not spin

Category appliance repair

Have tried to contact [Removed member name] to see exactly why she is unhappy with our services and she never called us back. The work was approved to move forwards with the repair so I wish we had the opportunity to speak. Premium Appliance Repair does stand behind our work and gave [Removed member name] a full 1 year warranty on her machine.

07/16/2015

Jennifer C.

I found Premium from Angie's List. Ted diagnosed my broken dishwasher, helped me determine that it was under warranty and advised on how to navigate that, what I would need to have (I couldn't find my documentation . . .), even called the GE service number to schedule them to come out for warranty repair and told them the part number they would need so that they could bring it on first trip. I had agreed to a minimum charge when I scheduled the service call, but when they found out it was under warranty (I had assumed it wouldn't be) they reduced the charge! If it hadn't been an expensive part, I would have scheduled the repair just because I was so confident in Ted that he would fix it correctly. I have had a hard time finding good repair in the past, so this was such a delight. I will definitely call Premium again for any appliance repairs!

Description of Work
Diagnosed broken dishwasher, helped me determine that it was under warranty and how to navigate that, what I would need (I couldn't find my documentation . . .), even called and scheduled GE to come out for warranty repair and told them the part number they would need so that they could bring it on first trip.

06/17/2015

NEIL Q.

Initially, the tech said the needed repair was costed out at $207 but with $20 coupon the price would be $187. I was told when I made the appointment the tech cost to come out was $99 if no repair was made. When I asked what the part cost was I was told it was around $60. I wrote a unfavorable review and the owner called me immediately to try and determine the cause of my dissatisfaction. I said the repair cost was not a fair price and that had I been dealt with more directly about my options by the tech I would not have authorized the repair. The part cost was infact $16. The owner asked if a $64 refund would be fair and I said yes. I was sent a $64 check the following day. I felt the situation didn't have to happen but even though it did the owner was fair and opened minded and acted fairly to resolve the problem.

Description of Work
Found the selector dial on the panel was broken. Ordered the part and came back and replaced it.

05/20/2015

Cindy & Richard H.

Our freezer was working on and off, and finally quit. We called Premium and Ted came out the next day. He knew exactly what the problem was ( control board and fan had failed). He made us aware of the costs, and even went so far as to call a local vendor so that we understood replacement costs for a new side by side. We decided on the repair, and he was back on Friday, on time and with the parts needed to complete the job. Ted was very personable, and did an an excellent job I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Replaced GE side by side refrigerator and freezer control board and fan

04/23/2015

Michael B.

Excellent Service! Thank you.

Description of Work
Repaired Dryer.

04/04/2015

Ken B.

Ted diagnosed the problem, called parts supplier to learn we had a manufacturer defect and parts where not available to him to order for the repair. That should have been the end of the service call but Ted went the extra 10 miles to speak with the manufacturer and follow it thru with them to the point of setting service appt for us with manufacturer rep for repair, AT NO CHARGE TO US, because there was a known defect with the appliance. Ted's expertise made the issue for more manageable than had I had to start from scratch with the manufacturer. (Parts were delivered, repairs made!) Premier Appliance Repair is my 1st call next time we have a problem. Thanks Ted!

Description of Work
Had a refrigerator freezer fail. Provider inspected for possible repair.

01/23/2015

Annie C.

I called about my oven yesterday and they were able to come out today. Ted called when he was on his way. He was able to diagnose the problem in just a couple minutes. Fifteen minutes later and my oven worked like brand new. He charged a very fair price. The scheduler I spoke to as well as Ted were both courteous and extremely helpful. I will absolutely call them again for any other repairs.

Description of Work
Oven repair

01/21/2015

Gary B.

I hadn't used Premium Appliance before but my experience with Ricardo and personnel I am very pleased. Ricardo fixed my dishwasher in a timely manner, he showed up during the service time window, I got a call from the Premium's office personnel confirming that a repair man was on his way as they had told me when I setup the appointment.. An overall good experience.

Description of Work
My 1 year old dishwasher wasn't draining. I went on line to see if I could solve the problem, no success. I called Premium Appliance and Ricardo arrived the next morning on schedule. He determined that there was something clotting the drain line. He was able to blow out the line. He then determined that when I had pulled the dishwasher out to determine the problem, I had disconnected the electric line. He was able to reconnect the line and my dishwasher is working. Ricardo was a very affable and he fixed my dishwasher in good time.

Energy Services Air Conditioning & Heating Co

At Energy Services Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical, we go beyond the level of service you expect, and deliver the exceptional results you deserve. From routine system maintenance, to emergency repair, equipment upgrades and complete system install, our goal is to bring more expertise, resources, and professionalism to every job than any other HVAC service provider in Naperville, Aurora, Geneva, St. Charles & Wheaton IL. We offer flexible solutions for spaces large and small, customizing our designs to meet your exact needs, and providing the most cutting-edge products on the market. Cost is determined by the job. Additional Phones: (630) 969-1400, (630) 687-1383, (630) 420-2275. Fax: (630) 420-2096 DBA: GFI Heating & Cooling. Senior Discount: $5.00

Offers by Energy Services Air Conditioning & Heating Co on Angi
    All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning

All Temp is Chicago's heating, cooling and home comfort company. We provide top-notch sales, service, repair and maintenance at the most competitive prices.We are family-owned since 1938. We have more than 85 employees. We do not use sub contractors. Always feel free to call us with your questions or for sales and service. We provide a free in-home estimate should you need a new a/c or furnace. Call 1-800-All-Temp for information, or one of our local #s listed here. (630) 783-0455, (630) 369-7150, (773) 588-6500, (312) 284-5500, (708) 395 4810, (312) 421-0065, (847) 441-5521, (630) 369-7150, (630) 783-0455, (630) 810-1888. We are at your service 24/7. Ask for Mike Clark, Erin Wayda or Rick Jacobs. See website for additional service area. Award winning.

Offers by All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Fiebrandt HVAC

The Fiebrandt family brings you four generations of heating and air conditioning experience. We believe that "You" the satisfied customer is the best form of reference. This is why we provide quality services at reasonable rates. Call us for a free estimate today!

Offers by Fiebrandt HVAC on Angi
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Washer & Dryer Repair, Refrigerators, Ovens & Ranges.

Restaurant Commercial Appliance Repair, High-Rise Commercial Dryer Vent Cleaning.