O'DONOVAN & SON INC LANDSCAPING & NURSERY

Founded 1967 • With Angi since July 2008

4.2

1701 Quincy Ave. Suite #25

Naperville, IL 60540

We are a family run organization founded in 1967 by the late Raymond L. O'Donovan. The business continues to thrive as strong as ever due to the solid leadership qualities he instilled in his successors. In many ways, O'Donovan's has grown with the town, applying a standard of quality to our business here that matches the quality of life in Naperville. We have proven record of accomplishment with our customers, taking great pride when customers return for a second and third new home landscape installation. Our commercial clients can attest to our conscientious efforts and professional results. It is our attention to detail and our flexibility in accomodating minor and major scale projects that confirms our commitment and our continued growth. SCOPE: More than 40 years in business Two locations, Naperville and Plainfield On-site Garden Center in Naperville Full Service Landscape Design Specialists Immediate access to 200 acres of locally grown stock Staff: A peak-season staff of 35 Landscape Professionals Expert Full-time Landscape Designers Knowledgeable, Certified Horticulturists Decisive Project Management; our landscape foremen and crews average 10 years experience Equipment: Own, operate, and maintain a large fleet of modern vehicles and state of the art equipment Services: Landscape Design Construction Installation Retaining Walls Unilock, Paveloc, Belgard Brick Paver Patios Outdoor Living Spaces Types of Projects: Residential(New construction and existing) Commercial Projects that include: Office Buildings Schools Churches Banking facilities Nursing Facilities Retirement Facilities Municipalities Libraries Shopping Malls Condominium Complexes Restaurants Aquatic and Recreational Centers Professional Affiliations: Illinois Landscape Contractors Association Illinois Nurserymen Association Naperville Chamber of Commerce...

06/02/2017

Angela H.

I paid $7900 to O'Donovan & Son in August of 2016 to remove our perennials and plant sod throughout our entire yard. The job was completed in September and I was very impressed and pleased with how the project turned out. However, come March 2017 I noticed numerous areas throughout every flower bed that was sodded over that my perennials were coming back up. I emailed the company letting them know of my concern and I was told that I had "aggressive perennials" and that I needed to apply a weed killer and mow over them. I explained that I didn't feel comfortable doing that and I would prefer for them to do it. I was then told that I didn't need to apply the weed killer and that they would come out to weed wack just the areas where the perennials were coming through. I had to email them twice to remind them to come out. My husband spoke to one of the owners about this issue and he was met with hostility and out wright lies. He was told that they only dug up the fall perennials and would not have known about the spring ones which is an absolute lie because I had had many conversations with with project manager about removing all of my tulips, day lilies, etc. Further more, my contract states "misc removal of small shrubs, perennials, groundcovers & weeds" I then emailed them again (no one would return my phone calls) and asked them to come out and remove the hundreds of lily of the valley plants that were remaining and I was emailed back saying they needed to call J.U.L.I.E. first. J.U.L.I.E. came out and marked but after 14 days the markings are no longer effective. I emailed them again about this and have heard nothing back.

Description of Work
Removal of perennials and sod planting throughout yard.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], We are very sorry for any inconvenience this part of the landscape project may have caused you. As explained when you initially contacted us, the plants that germinated this spring within the small re-sodded /mulched area, were not visible last fall when the vegetation removal was performed. After consulting professional colleagues and resources, the recommendation was to mow off the foliage, so the spring bulbs would not be able to to produce nutrient reserves required for the following year's growth and would subsequently die off. Based on these recommendations, we provided 3 service calls and mowed off the top growth in this area to try to resolve the issue. Again, we are sorry you are dissatisfied with this specific potion of the the landscaping project. If you will forward us a copy of the invoice, we ill reimburse the $150.00 fee for the chemical treatment. Susan O'Donovan

05/25/2016

Charles B.

Category hardscaping

01/11/2016

robert I.

Description of Work
work completed promptly & efficiently as agreed upon

11/25/2015

David H.

Used the company about 7 years prior and was very happy (A). This time I could not get any response and work was not done correctly. After an email about the problems was received by the managed, things were finally corrected. This time I would give D.

Description of Work
Maintenance / landscaping repair prior to moving from residence.

08/22/2014

Dominic L.

The workers are very professional! They arrived on time. They tore down my old deck and built a new patio, lay down a layer of river rock inside the new flower bed, and finished with some plants and new saw. They did all this in three and half working days, which were amazing. After it rained one day, I noticed that one of the paver showed a small crack, and a comer stone was not cut and set properly. I called the company, and they had someone come over and fixed the problems one the same day! My only problem with the company was that the project manager was not responsive in returning my calls. Other than that, I am very satisfied with their work! The patios looked beautiful and the water ran away from the house and not staying near the house. They cleaned up everything after the project was done! The onsite supervisor was very nice in addressing all my needs! In talking to the workers, I also learned that the company does a good job taking care of them. I so recommend this company highly!

Description of Work
Build a unilock patio

09/24/2012

Meg B.

We were very satisfied with the job. O'Donovan's pricing was very competitive, and their designer was very knowledgeable. We did havd to wait on some occassions for a return phone call, so I assume they were very busy. They were very thorough with the installation.

Description of Work
We had O'Donovan come out to do a full re-design of our landscaping around the house, front, back, and side yards.We had overgrown trees and shrubs removed. O'Donovan planted new trees and installed new plant beds. They also installed new grass.

Category landscaping,tree service

09/11/2012

Gail D.

We have used them because they are local and they do good work. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I have used O'Donovan & Son Inc. Landscaping & Nursery. They came out in June or July. They pulled out evergreens that were old and dying. They replaced them with bushes per our request and they did some sod and a little bit of pavers.

Category landscaping,tree service

04/21/2011

Gail W.

They were very professional. The reason I didn't go with their service was I received a lower quote for more service. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
O'donovan & Son Inc. Landscaping & Nursery gave me an estimate for my flower and ground soil project about a month ago.

08/17/2010

Daniel C.

We liked them a lot, they were very good at doing the design and taking some suggestions we had in terms of planting. They had to redo our back stairs with the bricks and they did a good job. Overall they did a good job. They are a little high. I'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
O'Donovan & Son Landscaping reinstalled an interlocking brick pavers patio. They also removed and replaced certain bushes.

10/16/2009

Gary V.

They were very professional, responsive and punctual. Their pricing was reasonable as well. They were great with trees and plants. They did a good job and I was satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
They did the hardscaping for me.

Bazan Painting Projects

Bazan Painting Projects is a full service company that offers a wide range of services and expert advice. Ray Bazan, owner of Bazan Painting Projects, has over 10 years of experience in the painting industry, considers himself an expert in the field and takes great pride in what he does. Satisfying our customers is a business philosophy we practice and emphasize. We take pride in our attention to detail and understand the importance of a job well done, which includes all aspects of the project from start to finish. We guarantee to get the job done right and we will work hard to make sure we exceed your expectations. We use only the finest tools and materials. We ensure that surfaces are properly prepared before starting any job and special attention is given to cover and protect areas that are not being painted. We take special care of each job and possess the necessary skills required in understanding the wide range of paint coating varieties, as well as the ability to diagnose and solve the unique challenges of each project. In addition, a thorough cleaning is given at the end of each workday. Please contact us for a free estimate and paint consultation. We are confident that you will find our prices fair, affordable, and competitive. We appreciate your interest and look forward to earning your business.

Patriot Pro Painters

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

PAINTERS TOUCH

Painters Touch provides Interior/Exterior painting services to Residential,Commercial, and Industrial buildings. When choosing Painters Touch, you will get honesty, integrity, quality, and value. Painters Touch opened in 2015.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

LANDSCAPING DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, INSTALLATION, RETAINING WALLS, HARDSCAPE, BRICK PATIOS, BRICK DRIVEWAYS, FLAGSTONE TERRACING, EXCAVATING & COMPLETE RESTORATION.