NAPER AUTO WORKS

Founded 1977 • With Angi since November 2002

320 N MILL ST

Naperville, IL 60540

Your Locally Owned "One Stop Shop" ~ For All Your Cars ~ For 40 Years! From Alignments & Brakes to Tune-ups & Transmissions. ASE Certified Technicians ~ Clean & Efficiently Equipped Shop! At Naper Auto Works, Inc., We Are Dedicated To Giving Our Customers The Best Auto Service Possible. Our Friendly Staff Will Fully Explain The Needed Repairs & Recommended Services Along With The Estimated Costs & Completion Time. Our ASE Certified Technicians Will Fix It Right The First Time! Towing & Road Service: Conveniently Located To Downtown Naperville & Train Station....

12/13/2017

BRIAN W.

Did an overall assessment of my vehicle and fully explained what was needed. The vehicle was 14 years old and needed major repairs. They were very upfront with me on what was necessary for safety and what could be done in the future if I wanted to go that route. I was very appreciative of the thoroughness of the assessment.

Description of Work
Car repairs

10/30/2017

Bob W.

Very well - I had several things that were of concern with the vehicle. They did the oil change and corrected other things that would not have been done without charge at the dealer. I will use them for most needs on this vehicle.

Description of Work
Oil Change and quote on service items for the future. It is a 2007 vehicle with 170,000 miles. At some point it will not be worth the cost of some repairs. Nearly all service has been done at the dealer. I needed a second opinion.

01/31/2017

Jim R.

They did a nice job and charged about what was expected

Description of Work
Emissions problem, shocks, brakes and a/c

Category auto repair, car inspections

02/12/2015

Nate H.

I think my husband found them on Angie’s List. The experience was excellent. They were able to get us in quickly and get it taken care of.

Description of Work
We use Naper Auto Works for auto service. Our last visit was when we had some issues with the water pump.

10/28/2014

Amarna B.

They did a great job. I asked them for Mobile 1 and that's what they used.

Description of Work
oil change and maintenance

Category auto repair, car accessories

08/07/2014

Katharine N.

We were able to set an appointment to bring the car in at our convenience. We were greeted with courtesy and were invited to go along on a test drive to describe the numerous "bumps and "thumps" that had become a concern to us. We were called with a detailed list of needed repairs which were done in a timely fashion at a fair price. We will definitely use Naper Auto Works again.

Description of Work
Repairs to my Saturn

06/20/2014

Mike F.

Work was done one time and very well. We have used Naper Auto Works for years and have always had outstanding service.

Description of Work
They did a breake job on our Honda minivan.

06/03/2014

Daniel D.

Professional, courteous. Diagnosed problem, scheduled work and fixed it on time as promised. They can be trusted.

Description of Work
They honored their one year warranty on a defective suspension part when they could have just as easily told me it was something else.

12/14/2013

Bernard W.

Overall I liked them and would go back. The only negative is I made an appointment and they still didn't get to my car until late afternoon, resulting in me being without a car another day. Also after giving me a quote to fix my car they called me back later to explain they found something else wrong that needed to be fixed. I dislike it when shops do this and makes you wonder. They were nice and based upon reviews I will go back.

Description of Work
Repaired antifreeze leak and knocking noise.

10/23/2013

Frank R.

They are our regular auto service company and we have been going to them for around five years. I have been impressed with the quality of their service along with their reliability and competitive pricing. They did a repair in my daughter's Jeep and discovered that a different repair service had put in an incorrect part that only allowed my daughter's car to go into 3 wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive. They found the issue, showed us it wasn't working right and gave us the old part. They fixed this dangerous issue immediately and I have been going to them since.

Description of Work
They are checking over my car and giving me estimates for what is needed on my transmission.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

09/30/2013

Frank R.

Always excellent. Naper Auto Works has been doing repairs and maintenance on all of our cars out of warranty for several years. I was impressed on how they handled my driveline problems even though I came in late in the day. This car is a 1958 Chevy, but they located the parts and had it ready the next day. Great! As for the work in 2012, it was handled in their usual friendly, professional way. Costs are always within estimates.

Description of Work
Emergency repairs to replace drive shaft center support bearing and front two U-joints in 2011. In 2012 replaced brake wheel cylinders and brake lines plus general routine maintenance services. 2013 for mounting of tire purchased via internet.

Category

09/05/2013

Jan Ellen T.

They are pretty good but they are a little expensive. I've used them before. I take an old truck to them and they do a pretty good job. They are cheaper than a dealer. Their price is compatible with everybody else.

Description of Work
I use Naper Auto Works to service my car. I was last there for an oil change and filter and a multi point inspection.

06/18/2013

Craig K.

Things went well with the alignment

Description of Work
4 wheel alignment

Category auto repair, car tires

12/12/2012

John S.

I dropped off the car overnight with a note detailing what I thought the problems were. I received a follow up call the next day. The tech explained what was wrong and what really needed to be fixed and what repairs could wait. I was impressed by the honesty and the fact that they did not try to take advantage of my limited knowledge of car repair. They explained everything and the they were prompt and I was very satisfied. I have used some of their competitors in the past but I will no longer use them after this experience. In the future, if I have car issues, I will go right to Naper Auto Works.

Description of Work
I had several issues with my car. Suspension, brakes, shocks etc.

11/19/2012

Diane D.

We had repairs done to two of our cars which are both 20+ yrs old. They called and provided details on what needed to be repaired. They were responsive to our needs and outlined the pros and cons. The cars are both running well and I would utilize Naper Auto Works again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had repairs done to two of our cars which are both 20+ yrs old. One of the cars, Toyota Celica had engine surging and required replace mainifold Absolute pressure sensor, replace vaccum modulator EGR valve, and radiator cap. The other car an Acura Legend required repair and replacing steering, sterring fluid, steering rack with inner tie rods, fue rail seals, fuel injector O ring,fuel injector #2 rear bank, control arm left rear control arm axle repair - shaft assembly, oil change

10/14/2012

Eric W.

It went well. They provided quality service at a very fare price. The dealer wanted practically double for the same work. I will continue to take my vehicle to them for service.

Description of Work
Changed oil Replaced front break pads and roters Replaced front ball joints Wheel alignment

10/10/2012

Gary P.

I had good experiences with Naper Auto Works. My first experience with them was when the car would not turn on and they have diagnosed the problem to be the auto sending switch that turned off, the computer brain of the car turned off so it would not start. They diagnosed it, replaced it, and gave it back to me after two days. Another was three weeks ago, they have replaced a wheel bearing for me. They are very convenient, works on time, they give reasonable prices; not low not high, and they are very competent.

Description of Work
I have used Naper Auto Works for my car. They have replaced the bearing and have diagnosed when the computer brain of the car was turned off.

10/02/2012

Lyndell V.

They are wonderful. I had normal maintenance done. They found a couple things that needed to be done further. I needed my car then, so they allowed me to take it home and bring it back at another time. I was also having radiator problems and they allowed me to take the car home again over the weekend and bring it back in at my convenience. Bill and Jim are always most helpful. We have an old car that we just love. I asked them when they think we should give up this car. They quickly pulled up our maintenance records and told us how much we were spending a month on our car. They were so helpful in helping us think about that.

Description of Work
I went to Naper Auto Works for a routine service appointment for my car.

Category auto repair, radiator service

04/17/2012

KELLEY R.

Very professional. Even found something else that could have been fixed but they gave us the option, saying it wasn't absolutely necessary to spend the money on it at this time. We appreciated the honesty. Price seems good and the car was fixed perfectly.

Description of Work
Had an air conditioner part replaced and they fixed a tire.

01/16/2012

Thomas T.

The normal experience here is to call them to make and appointment, they get you in sometimes the next day, but occasionally it may take several days to get an open appointment. I drop the car off in the morning, and they have someone drive me in to work. I get a call if there are decisions I need to make or charges that needs to be approved, but in this case they were none. I drop by at the end of the day to pick up the truck, and someone at the front desk goes over the work done in detail, I pay and leave. I've been using this shop for maybe 20 years now and don't go anywhere else if I can avoid it (e.g. dealer warranty work will be done elsewhere). I've had routine maintenance done there, as well as major repairs. The quality of the work is consistently good, the prices reasonable, and I'm treated like a valued customer. They occasionally find problems I didn't know I had (e.g. burned out tail light) and they will take of these, sometimes without charge or mention. I have gone to many other shops in the area looking for good, honest work, but once I found this place, I stopped looking.

Description of Work
I just had a routine oil change, lube, and quick inspection, on this trip, but I've used this shop for every sort of service in the past.

12/13/2011

Janet P.

I knew going in there were going to be multiple issues that needed addressing. They did a complete diagnostic and provided me with a list of the most critical repairs.They also gave me an estimate on everything that needed repairing/replacing. The estimate for the work that was done was right on target. I found them friendly, receptive and honest.

Description of Work
They replaced all the tires, a bent rim, all four brakes, the timing belts and performed an oil change.

11/10/2011

Porter D.

After looking on Angie's list for a new auto service center I choose Naper Auto Works and I was very happy with my first visit. I went in for a full check up and oil change. It turned out I needed some new rear breaks and a new cabin air filter. I knew about the breaks before I went, so I expected that. It's nice to know they detected the bad breaks and didn't try to sell me on anything else that didn't need doing. All the service was performed in a day and ready for me at 5.

Description of Work
Oil Change and full check up

07/08/2011

John B.

Pretty good service, they are very busy. I can see why. They do a decent job and did it for under the price of the estimate they gave over the phone. Very pleased.

Description of Work
My passenger side door window was off track. The fixed the window on the door.

01/22/2011

Mark Z.

I have used Naper Auto Works for a while now. I has always had nothing but positive experiences using them. They have found and fixed problems others have not been able to take care, and at a very resonable price

Description of Work
Intermitent problem with the "Service Engine" warning coming up. They were not able to find the exact cause, however, they gave me a list of options to try. They suggested doing the mininal, lest cost option first, then work up from there. We decided to try the least cost option and so far so good. I did take the car into a dealership prior to taking the car to Napre Auto Works. The dealership wanted to perform what I considered major surgery on the car (i.e. replace all sensors and the main computer, estimated cost $3000). Naper Auto Works had a much better grasp of the situation and I felt they serviced my car as if it was their own car.

09/01/2010

Kathy M.

I have used them before. I just cant give these guys high enough marks. They give a fair price. I have a lot of confidence in their workmanship and they are very responsive.

Description of Work
I hired Naper Auto to change tires on my car and change the breaks.

Category auto repair, car tires

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Accessories
    Auto Glass
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

DISC & DRUM, ABS, HYDRAULICS, TRACTION CONTROL, CV JOINTS & AXLES DIFFERENTIALS, TRANSMISSIONS & TRANSAXLES, WHEEL BEARINGS, BATTERIES, ALTERNATORS, STARTERS, RADIOS, GAUGES, OIL CHANGES, EMISSIONS, TUNE-UP, TIMING BELTS, GASKETS & SEALS, BELTS & HOSES, RADIATOR, WATER PUMP, HEATER, CLIMATE CONTROL, HEADLAMPS & TAIL LAMPS, WIPERS, POWER WINDOWS & LOCKS, MIRRORS, TIRE REPAIRS, TIRE & WHEEL SALES, SHOCKS & STRUTS, BALL JOINTS & TIE RODS, RACK & PINION.

AFTER HOURS TOWING.