King David Moving & Storage Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since March 2010

5704 Reba St

Morton Grove, IL 60053

King David Moving & Storage is a Local Moving Company in Chicago, IL that provides residential and commercial moving services to our local community. Our Chicago movers services are designed to help make the transition from one location to another seamlessly, with the help of our highly trained and professional staff of moving specialists. Our extensive list of moving credentials, high customer service reviews and various moving service awards exhibit our claim to excellence as a Moving Company in Chicago, IL. As a Chicago Moving Company, King David Moving provide residential and commercial moving services in Chicago, IL. Our moving services include but are not limited to: antique & fine art moving services, piano moving, special moving services for students, emergency moving and advanced. Best Regards, King David Moving Tel : (800) 470-9620 Tel : (847) 470-0055 Fax: (847) 583-5222 info@kingdavidmovers.com...

10/02/2019

Deana B.

Great service. I appreciate the attention to detail taken when scheduling my move. Movers were on time and moved quickly. Absolutely the best.

Description of Work
Great work

09/19/2019

Amy P.

I couldn't even get based the quote phase on the phone. Call took OVER 30 minutes to ask me a bunch of inventory questions JUST to tell me there is no availability. Worst conversation I have had with any vendor

Description of Work
Moving from storage unit to house

09/02/2019

David A.

Move went great. Martin and crew call me when they said they would, moved everything with great care, and did the work in about 2 hours less than was estimated. I not only would hire them again, I just did for another move of a family member from an apartment in Oak Brook to Chicago. Ask for Martin- he ran a great crew!

Description of Work
King David moved furniture from storage from a one-bedroom apartment to a new apartment in the Loop.

08/21/2019

Mike R.

They arrived at 8 am as promised. Went to work and had the safe moved in less than an house. It weighs 625# so we were concerned with damage to the house during the move. They took extra care to wrap the safe and there was no damage to the floors or walls.

Description of Work
Moved 625# safe from basement of house to garage behind house.

04/29/2019

Edin H.

Excellent movers, great crew, did a thorough and conscientious job.

Description of Work
Moving within Chicago

04/18/2019

Edin H.

Outstanding service, prompt and careful handling of all materials. Excellent crew

Description of Work
Moving (apt to house)

03/13/2018

Paul L.

very well. We would use them again.

Description of Work
moving furniture and other items

08/11/2017

Veronica C.

The move went very smooth. The crew was on time, friendly, courteous and professional. They took great care with our belongings even with the heavy ones such as fridge, stove, washer and dryer. We'd hire again and recommend.

Description of Work
Moving from one floor to another in same property and move from storage unit.

07/05/2017

Emily L.

Very well! Our moving team was on time, courteous, professional, and careful with our property.

Description of Work
Move a china cabinet from Chicago to west suburbs

Category moving companies

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to working with you again!

06/26/2017

BARBARA W.

When I called to make a reservation, I was told that King David’s prices and service couldn’t be beat, and this turned out to be completely accurate. I had to move out of my house on somewhat short notice for a renovation project; Martin was extremely accommodating. He held my packing and moving dates while I figured out where I was going to move. His crew arrived right on time and packed everything up very quickly and carefully (as I’ve unpacked things, I’ve seen how thorough the guys were at protecting everything, and I’ve found nothing damaged). As far as estimating the costs, Martin was very upfront about the uncertainty as to exactly how long packing would take, but even after having to finish packing on moving day, and then needing 2 trips to move everything, the estimate he gave was right on. These guys are great, and I’ll be calling them again to move me back into my house in the near future.

Description of Work
Pack up most of my stuff from a 2-bedroom house, move everything to a new apartment (about 1 mile away), and set up furniture, etc.

01/05/2017

Sam I.

The best movers I've ever had! They took great care with my stuff and communicated throughout the day with any concerns they had to keep everything safe. Thanks again King David Movers for all your hard work. Anyone would be lucky to work with you in the future!

08/22/2016

Zachary Z.

Martin and his crew were terrific. They were extremely careful with all of our belongings and very helpful and understanding of any issues we had. They were happy to help set up the equipment in the proper spot in our new house, and were especially careful/adept at moving our piano. I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for careful and courteous movers. Cost was higher than I was originally expecting, but given the amount of work it took (4 movers all day) it did not seem out of line.

Description of Work
Movers to move from the city to the suburbs of Chicago

Category moving companies, piano moving

07/08/2016

Goran S.

Efficient and quickly we were at our new location with no incidents. All items were properly accounted for and placed at the right place. Very happy with the service and positive attitude of the men and I have already rescheduled a 2nd move. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Excellent group of men removed chairs, boxes, furniture and items not protected were wrapped and protected.

05/25/2016

Phyllis H.

Set appointment with Liana and she confirmed everything, she was nice to work with! They moved us from a 3bdrm home, furniture items only. They came within the allocated window, and this is our 2nd time using this company. Lance and his crew did a fabulous job, they were efficient and professional. They wrapped items and worked fast as we were trying to stay in budget, they gave us a repeat Customer pricing. Packing and moving is not fun after many years of cumulating items, but I highly recommend King David, they made it a great experience!

Description of Work
Moved furniture fm 3bdrm home, furniture items only. They came within the allocated window, and this is our 2nd time using this company. Lance and his crew did a fabulous job, they were efficient and professional. They wrapped items and worked fast as we were trying to stay in our budget.

05/17/2016

Nirva R.

05/21/2015

DIANE Z.

Description of Work
They helped pack and move us from villa park to lombard. Martin and his crew worked very hard to pack and move us. His crew was very respectful. What I did not like is that when I made the appointment I asked the office if I should provide lunch and beverages for the movers and they said no. But the day of the move Martin ask me to feed him and his crew which was akward as I wasn't prepared and I had my toddler that I was carting around so I couldn't accommodate. Then at the end of the move Martin asked that I pay him away from the other works which made me believe that he did not give his workers the tip I asked him too.

05/04/2015

Maureen C.

Everything went smoothly. The team of movers were excellent and professional. Took the time to wrap up furniture for protection. Recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removed furniture from my entire first floor of my home and delivered it to storage facility while I was having wooden floors installed and stained. When work completed at my home, picked up furniture from storage facility and returned to my home. Put back all the furniture in good condition.

Category moving companies, delivery service

Dear (removed member name), Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to working with you again.

10/27/2014

MICHAEL W.

I used King David's moving company this past Saturday to move my one bedroom downtown condo out to the suburbs. Martin and his crew were fantastic. They all were very friendly, fast, and professional at moving our items. They all took such care with our boxes and made sure all of our furniture was wrapped up tight with blankets. Martin and his crew made moving a breeze. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to move and not get stressed about it. They only accepts cash or cashier check so be aware of that as that may catch you off guard on moving day.

Description of Work
Moved a 1 bedroom condo from downtown Chicago to a house in Mount Prospect.

07/17/2014

Shirley A.

I had hired a 3-man crew and they arrived at their scheduled time. They were very friendly and professional, especially Martin, who overseered the entire move. I had spoke with Martin a number of times prior to scheduling the move. I had to change the move-out dates a few times and even at the last minute. When I had a date finalized, they happen to be booked and were short of movers but Martin was very nice to have come out himself and help with the move. I was very grateful for that since he could've just cancelled me out and I'm sure he was getting a little frustrated with me changing the dates, which I had no control over, and made such an accommodation for me I'll never forget that. The entire move took about 6 1/2 hours. They wrapped everything really, really well, especially the furniture. I don't think there was a scratch on anything they wrapped everything so well. The only thing I had to do was tell them how I wanted my furniture situated in a particular room and even Martin arrange a room exactly how I wanted before I even said anything. I appreciated their hard work on a hot day in June and tipped them well. I had to pay a bit more than what was estimated due to having more boxes to move than I had anticipated but that was okay. The only complaint I have is when I went back to the old house to make sure everything had been takened, there were still some things left behind that they didn't take. I bought some new lamps which they had stated they wouldn't move because they didn't want them damage, but they left behind a number of paintings and some things in the guest bathroom. Not sure if it was overlooked or not or what had happened since my mother was with the movers at the old house while I was at the new house. My mother had been so tired she didn't remember everything that happened. So we had to move the rest of these things ourselves. That's my only complaint, other than that, I was satisfied with the rest of the move. I would recommend their services but make sure you know what they can and cannot move.

Description of Work
Moved belongings to new home

Category moving companies

Dear (removed member name) Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I am so happy that everything worked out so well!

06/09/2014

Calvin C.

It was good. They were on time and delivered as promised. They did move the counter for me and took very good care of it. They were very thorough and professional.

Description of Work
It was for moving services.

Category moving companies, piano moving

06/08/2014

Jason & Lynn C.

This is the second time we have used this moving service. The prior time was approximately 3 years ago. We had the same crew both times and highly recommend them. Martin's crew is great. They were effective fast and courteous. They make a stressful move day much easier. There truck is not a full semi so if you have a 3 or 4 bedroom full house then ask for two trucks. Not sure how much additional cost that would be. Overall, they did a great job. It was a long day but not too bad due to the great job they did. Cost was very reasonable. They were able to dissassemble furniture in order to make it easier to move. All large furniture was covered with blankets or plastic. No damage was discovered. Highly recommended and professional team.

Description of Work
Hired for a move from house to house. Approximately 25 miles. There was over 50 boxes plus furniture.

04/29/2014

Joseph K.

Martin was fantastic! Due to circumstances beyond our control we had to change the date of our move at the last minute. When we called Martin about the change of date he said he didn't have any crews available and they were booked solid. He felt sorry for us and was able to get a crew to do the move.He was very patient with me. We had not moved in 25 years and I had some very special items being moved. He assured me that they would be moved with a great deal of care. We can not say enough good things about the movers, they were polite, professional and very accomodating. I was really surprised when they started wrapping everything. First with a moving pad, then with plastic wrap. The most amazing feat was how they moved a 500lb hospital bed without taking it apart and getting it situatted in our new home. Not a single item damaged, broken or scratched. We highly reccommend them. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Private Home move.

Category moving companies

Drear (Member name removed) Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I am so happy that everything worked out so well!

10/18/2013

Jill M.

Wonderful, very friendly and professional movers, would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
House move, some large furniture, lots of boxes and smaller items. Breakdown of furniture and re setup.

09/07/2013

bruni W.

WOW!!!!!!!! They were early and extremely professional. Martin's team was courteous, professional and the move was a breeze. Everything was wrapped well and unwrapped at my home. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They were responsive to our requests and I can't stop bragging about them. When my son closes on his condo we are going to use this company again to move him back to the city.

Description of Work
Moved my son from Chicago to my home.

10/24/2011

James J.

On moving day, they were on time, worked very hard, packed and wrapped everything very well. None of our dishes, glasses or other breakables were damaged. They were focused despite the who process taking more than 10 hours, and they worked basically the whole time. They had thought we would disassemble some of our furniture, but they did it for us as part of the move. It ended up taking them two trips in their 24 foot truck to move all of our household items into the public storage. We didn't use them for our move out of public storage into our new home since they weren't available when our closing date changed.

Description of Work
This was move of a full four bedroom house (and garage / outdoor) into a temporary public storage when we sold our house. The Company was very patient with us when I had to change our estimated moving date on numerous occasions since our closing date was renegotiated a few times. They came out to the house before the move and gave us an estimate for the cost which was much lower than the actual cost.

Gloria Gaschler - Coldwell Banker North Shore Realtor

I have been selling real estate for over 30 years. I know the North Shore area and the inventory very well. I was recently honored to be named to Coldwell Banker’s Diamond Society which means I am one of the top agents locally and nationwide. I was also recently certified as a Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES). So, I offer experience and excellent credentials. If you are looking to sell or buy real estate, I would be honored to help you. Let’s get started! Call me today.

Nancy Perlman

Since 2001, Nancy has been a Full-Time, Full-Service Realtor, serving Chicago Downtown, North and Northwest sides in addition to numerous nearby suburbs. Nancy believes that a successful career in the business is built on relationships, not transactions, and is committed to providing an “Exceptional Client Experience” through the ethical practice of Real Estate. YTD in 2019, Nancy's properties have been selling within an average of 6 days and at an average of 104% of List Price. She credits her impressive statistics to her utilization of 2 specific strategies: first, top-notch visual presentation through Staging and high-tech professional photography; and second, a specialized and effective Target Marketing approach. Her numbers speak for themselves and her awards and dozens of reviews from happy clients can be found on Angies List, Yelp and Google. For more information on how this target marketing approach works and to find out how you may be able to get more from the sale of your home, contact Nancy Perlman at Keller Williams Chicago O’Hare by calling 815-603-9242 or email nperlmanrealtor@gmail.com. Sellers can also message her here to receive her "ULTIMATE 57-POINT MARKETING PLAN" and a FREE copy of "The 90 Things You Can't Afford To Neglect When Selling Your Home".

Offers by Nancy Perlman on Angi
    Elite Moving & Storage -  Accepting 3+ Bedroom Projects

**Due to high volume of calls, we are currently unable to accommodate moves under 3 bedrooms in size*** Elite Moving & Storage, a Chicago based moving company and offers full moving services for all of your local & long distance moving needs. Whether your move is large or small - one item or a full truck load – we have the knowledge and expertise to provide you with a reliable and efficient moving service. Elite Moving and Storage serves as a local Chicago and Illinois mover as well as a long distance moving company. We are competitively priced, licensed and insured and hold a satisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau. Our long distance moving services includes: • Professional Moving Consultant that will be with you all the way • Door to Door relocation • Guaranteed rate with no additive rates for the extra items • Space reservation on the truck for the inventory listed • Professional moving crew • Disassembly and reassembly of basic furniture • Padding of wooden, plastic, metal, upholstered & leather furniture with moving pads. • Organized inventory list of goods • Loading and unloading • Fully equipped truck • Taxes , Fuel, Tolls & Miles • Free 1 flight of stairs on pickup and delivery • No charge for elevator or large appliances • Up to 1 month free storage and free re-delivery to your new home from our Storage • Basic Liability coverage of $0.60 per pound per article Use discount code: Angie911 to receive a $50.00 off your next long distance move. (Must be present at the time of scheduling. Not valid with any other discounts, special offers and for moves under 300cf. Not valid for more moves that are scheduled less than 3 days prior to the 1st day of the pickup window)

Offers by Elite Moving & Storage -  Accepting 3+ Bedroom Projects on Angi

Delivery Service
    Rentals - Equipment
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    $10

Local moving, packing, unpacking, disassembly & re-assembly of furniture, specializes in fine arts & antiques, storage, window hoisting, moving boxes & packing supplies.

Hazardous materials, perishables, personal importance/sentimental value.