Kale Heating & Cooling

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2012

122 River Dr

Moline, IL 61265

Kale Heating and Air Conditioning is a 24/7 Service Heating and Cooling Company that specializes in the installation and repair of residential Furnaces and A/C Systems, Boilers, Radiant Heating, Ventilation Systems, Geothermal Systems, Major credit cards accepted and financing available....

09/11/2017

Robert G.

They are very good. I have used them for about 40 years. We had many many many years ago, we had a boiler essentially not quite explode but pretty close. It was January. I had children. We were in a very cold house. They had a boiler on hand that they had ordered for someone else but it was not an emergency. They brought it right to our house and put it in the next day. They are a little high. Their quality is very good. They are very responsive. They came right when they said they would.

Description of Work
They came to change the filter and check the air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review!!

07/11/2017

Mary W.

They are very nice and professional. They called us to let us know they were running a little late, which I really appreciated.

Description of Work
A/C Tune-up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the nice review!!

04/05/2016

Denise A.

I do have my A/C unit service by Kale every 6 months but was in need of having my A/C unit rest on the pad it sits on. Called at 8:15 they were at my home by 9:30. They put everything back where it needed to be. They could have charged for coming out but they did not charge me anything. I would not hesitate to work with them in the future.

Description of Work
Grill fell of deck during wind storm. This knocked my A/C unit off the pad and dented. I called them reset the unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your great review. We look forward to working with you in the future

10/19/2015

MARY M.

I live in a mobile home, and many heating companies won't work on mobile home furnaces. I was having an issue with my farily new furnace, so I called the guy who installed it. He said they were backed up for two days and would get back to me. A week went by and he never did, so I researched another heating company online and came across Kale Company. The lady who answered the phone was very courteous and helpful. They charge a bit extra to work on mobile home furnaces, but the fee was disclosed up front. I didn't care...I just wanted reliable and prompt service. The tech showed up as scheduled and was very professional and courteous. He was able to figure out the issue, and once it was resolved, he took the extra step to make sure it was heating like it should. He was only there for an hour. I was very happy. I will definitely use them again in the future and recommend them to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Diagnosed why my furnace wasn't blowing hot air, and then cleaned out blocked gas valve orifice.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. I am very thankful that we were able to address and fix the issue you were having. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

02/12/2015

Jerry F.

Experience could not have been better. All representatives and workers from Kale were very good -- first rate.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air in three story house with upgrade to include new addition.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for allowing us to work with you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

01/15/2015

Carol H.

*cost quoted above was after Mid American rebate of $2,050. Decided to go with Kale based upon the good service previously provided for my old HVAC

Description of Work
New HVAC System and humidifier

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you and please let us know if we can help in the future.

01/11/2015

Amy P.

My furnace was acting up on New Years day, and at first I called another company. They were rather rude and mocking, making it obvious they did not want to come out on a holiday. (did they really think I wanted them to come out on a holiday??) Anyway I called Kale, my call was returned very promptly, my issue discussed in a polite manner. They were up front about the cost, but did so in an honest and polite manner. The repairman called and let me know he was on his way, we discussed the problems I was having with the furnace, and he arrived in a timely manner. He showed me the broken part, and because it is a common furnace issue, and he had details from me beforehand, he had the part on his truck. He was a very nice man and very understanding about being called out on a holiday. I will call Kale again for any repairs needed.

Description of Work
Fixed my furnace on New Years Day

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind feedback! It is not always easy to get a company to help on a holiday. I am very happy to hear about this experience. Please let us know if you ever need help again.

09/29/2014

Kirsten B.

Got my estimate and they gave me $350 off on rebates they would offer next month just to.get my business. They were available the next day and arrived right on time. The installers were very professional and did an excellent job. They were friendly and took the time to explain what they were doing. They verified everything with me before doing any work which is greatly appreciated. While the energy verification didn't occur when it was originally told it would they did schedule the earliest available time with me. They provided excellent service and customer satisfaction. They even offer.a 10 year parts and labor guarantee for 10 years for only $250. They stand behind their work. They even give you a very nice gift basket when they come to do the install. Those are my favorite new coffee thermos.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and air, replaced two ducts, performed energy star service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

This made me smile.Thank you for all your kind words. We are happy to read such great feedback!. Thank you!!

04/30/2013

matthew S.

came Wensday to fix furnace told us blower motor was broken had to be order part . called Friday to see when the part would be hear was told cant say. would not even try to track package. part came Monday afternoon called called today to find out what was going on with part was told tried that they tried to call this morning but my phone never rang . made appoint for afternoon work done won't use this company again.

Description of Work
fixed blower motor

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Unfortunately the part that failed on the furnace was a part that is not stocked in large quantities and the local distributor was out of this part. Kale Company ordered the part from the distributor within the hour and were at the mercy of their shipping carriers which do not have a tracking system. When the part was recieved by the distributor, Kale Company installed the part the same day. It should be noted that Kale Company did not initially install this furnace. Kale Company always strives for same day service,

12/27/2012

Frank B.

Our furnace quit functioning on the weekend prior to the Christmas holiday. I called a service man who came to the house. He stated that the furnace needed a thermocouple, even though he didn't inspect it (furnace is in attic), and would go get parts. He returned and determined that he could not get into the attic and needed to find someone to help. He left and we never heard from him again. All attempts to reach him by phone were unsuccessful. It's now late Saturday afternoon, the weekend before Christmas, with out of town guest expected to arrive very soon when I called Kale's. A message was left with the after hours answering service about our heating need. The service man quickly returned my phone call. He promptly showed up and repaired the furnace. He was professional, friendly, and courteousness. We were able to enjoy our guest and holiday in the comfort of a warm house.

Description of Work
Furnace was not operating properly. Pilot light gas line was cleaned and thermocouple was replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so very much for you feedback. We are happy to hear that our service technicians were able to get this problem taken care of for you in the time you had available. Christmas time is very hectic we are happy to know we were able to help!

Family Heating & Cooling

Service and replacement of heating and cooling equipment- we offer equipment financing with aproved credit. Install, Service and maintain Energy Efficient HVAC equipment. We specialize in keeping you safe and saving you money.

Hometown Mechanical, Inc.

Opened our doors in 1983 and have grown to be the largest full service commercial, residential, and industrial mechanical contractors by consistently delivering quality projects on time and within budget. Whether you need a plumber or a heating and air conditioning technician, Hometown Mechanical is the trusted source serving Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois for over 30 years.

TMI - Total Maintenance Inc

Locally Owned and Operated Total Maintenance, Inc. (TMI) is a full-service air conditioning, heating, plumbing and appliance repair contractor with the ability to service and install complete heating, air conditioning, and plumbing systems. In addition to scheduled service tune-ups, repairing of existing equipment, replacement of old equipment, and installation of new equipment, we can help you find ways to reduce your energy bills through a thorough cost-benefits analysis. We have an extensive history of repair service on all brands of central air conditioning, heating, and plumbing systems. TMI - Total Maintenance, Inc. provides quality workmanship with professional, dependable, and courteous service with our "Fixed Right or It's FREE!"™ guarantee. All of our employees are background checked and drug screened so you can feel safe about who is in your home or business. We offer 24-hour emergency service 7 days a week so that you can count on us to be there when you need us the most. Our certified technicians use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and repair existing systems and always use the finest new equipment for installations in the industry. Furthermore, we have a patented Straight Forward Pricing Guide™ so you know what the price is before we do the work and you are never charged by the hour. How many companies are willing to show you their price books? You can count on TMI to do the job right. We service all brands of air conditioning, heating, plumbing and appliance equipment.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Repairs or replacements of all types of heating and A/C equipment.