All Star Installations Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2010

All Star Installations is a building maintenance company based in McHenry, IL. We are the best choice for all of your interior and exterior repair & remodeling needs....

roofing (42)gutter repair (11)siding companies (8)skylight installation (5)HVAC Companies (5)door installation (3)well & water pump repair (2)window replacement (2)handyman (2)general contractors (2)ceiling fan installation (1)chimney cap repair (1)

08/10/2020

Crystal R.

All Star Installations Inc was professional in every way. We had our roof replaced and our chimney cap repaired. They did both jobs with skill and precision. They were thorough, hardworking, and an immense pleasure to work with. They did a tremendous job from start to finish and the clean up was impeccable. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The new roof and chimney cap on our home looks amazing! I highly recommend All Star Installations Inc. Ryan and Chris are top notch!!

Description of Work
Roof & Chimney Cap

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

05/12/2020

DARREN R.

Excellent work, they really took their time to do the work right. Even when they uncovered another issue, they took care of it. I highly recommend All Star Installations

Description of Work
Skylight Replacement & Soffit Repair

Category custom cabinets, siding, skylights

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

04/12/2020

Erna Z.

Wonderful. They even worked in the rain Raymond and Keith are great!

Description of Work
Leak, in sky light

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/12/2020

08/13/2019

Thomas D.

Work quickly, friendly employees and fair prices. Would definitely recommend and would use AllStar again.

Description of Work
Member ID 76206038

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/29/2019

Kasper R.

It was good, they are on time, and the work was done with a reasonable price.

Description of Work
They fix my roof and put new gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

05/21/2019

Lorna S.

They are great, they did a great up, fast and efficient. I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof.

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

07/04/2017

Robert B.

The young lady that I spoke to (twice) was very pleasant. I TOLD her it was a very small job and if they were too busy, perhaps they could recommend a handy man or someone who specializes in "little" jobs. She assured me that someone would come out and take a look. NEVER happened, no phone call. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
I needed someone to take a look at one of my gutters which had been torn off during high winds.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/04/2017

12/06/2016

Matthew B.

Price, I think they were fair. They did a great job, but I know they are not the cheapest. They did a first round of work and then I had to request it. I said , "Hey, I don't think it's good enough." They came back and they tried to fix it. They said they would make sure I was satisfied. That was really nice.

Description of Work
I did use All Star Installations Inc. They fixed some issues I have in the siding of my house. It was a leak actually, coming from the siding malfunction.

Category siding

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

09/20/2016

Lisa K.

At first the siding looked good but with in two weeks the wrap bulged out leaving areas where it looks terrible and is not flush with the house so moisture will be able to get behind siding. When I notified Chris about this problem he refused to admit that we had a problem at all. His behavior was rude and aggressive. We told him that we also had an issue with the chalking having cracks, splits and pulling away from the house. After talking with him about this several times he agreed to come out and check the chalk. Several weeks and more phone calls later he did come out and check the chalk when my husband and I where both at work. Even though he still continued to declare that there was nothing wrong with the siding wrap job he put nails in the bubbled out places to try to hold it down. Turns out this made the situation worse. Siding is designed to be able to expand and contract so the nails made it buckle more. The original work was done in December. By spring with many phone calls from me, Chris finally agreed to meet with my husband and upon seeing wraps with the bubbles in the presence of my husband he admitted that he had put in tacking nails and that now it looked worse. Several months after the original work Chris said he would look in to how to do the work correctly and that he would "work with us on the repairs but we would have to buy the material" We had purchased the original materials from All Stars supply list and the design plan was developed by working with All Star and the use of wrap for the decorative areas was recommended by All Star. All Star told us that this would work and look good. It doesn't seem like a fair plan for us to pay for the materials they ruined with bad work but we did agree to this plan. Chris said he would get back to us after researching the correct way to cover these areas. So then he would answer our phone calls with "I am looking in to it" and "I am at the mercy of the supplier" also he has been very demeaning and belittling to me. Nine months have gone by and All Star has done nothing to help us. THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK. Chris is very abusive in his conversations. I consider him a bully. I would not even want him to come back to my home due to his poor and aggressive attitude.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding and decorative wrap

Category siding

Work Completed On 12/07/2015

Review for All Star Installations Inc - 1007 Rand Rd, Mchenry, IL - 33613007

09/19/2016

Josh B.

Estimate was very fair and services rendered were done well and on time.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

01/11/2016

Mark M.

Once again Chris and Roy turned out an incredible new Kitchen door for us, removing the old and replacing with an energy efficient sliding door, not only more usable, but more light, fresh and clean. Looks great and works great, These guys finished in 1 single day, cleaned, and done..I cannot speak more highly of this company..

Description of Work
Changed our door in the kitchen to a slider

Category roofing, doors

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

Review for All Star Installations Inc - 1007 Rand Rd, Mchenry, IL - 27871993

10/10/2015

Mark M.

Without a doubt hands down the best contractor i have ever worked with. We had an insurance claim from a flood on our second floor that leaked to the 1st floor and basement, Chris, Roy and the team was there PROMPTLY ever day at 7am SHARP, when they started to place plastic and cardboard on the floor that was our first sign that they were going to be good, the work was the best i have ever seen AND Having a 90 year old mother in law in the house at the time was a challenge, they even took the time to call and let me know how she was. Myself and my wife were ecstatic. KIND, Considerate and Professional,.,. I cannot begin to talk enough about this company and I highly recommend them for EVERYTHING you do in your home. They know what they are doing, and how to do it. INCLUDING the clean up afterwords, they worked with me on payment from my insurance company which is still pending and did the work when it was approved BEFORE they had a dime in their pocket,. We are now using them to change some doors in our home to sliders before the winter. I had called some other companies here on Angies and are still waiting for a cal back. Chris is there the next day.. KUDOS to this company...Thank you Chris, Roy and your team..

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced drywall, closets, HVAC room, Baseboards,

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2001

03/25/2015

shun P.

They were knowledgeable. They didn't try to pressure. They were nice.

Description of Work
They repaired the roof.

Work Completed On 03/19/2014

01/02/2015

Jim F.

Matt was fantastic. Extremely responsive to all my calls and e-mails. Adjusted his scheduleto accomodate my schedule. Work was fantastic - on time and as promised. I have two dogs. Matts team made sure everything was cleaned up and safe for my dogs before they left for the night. Exptremely professional. - highly recommend

Description of Work
Complete roof. REmove old and install new.

Work Completed On 12/03/2014

09/26/2014

Dena S.

Having a leak in our house/main floor - we have been working to get people out to the house for a couple months. Everyone either could not find the leak or tried to sell us from a new roof to new siding - along with trying to work through insurance thinking to get the sale they can get a claim filed. Chris came out - and the minute he saw the roof said there is no need for a new roof. There are places of poor workmanship by previous owner when the roof was put on - that clearly opened up issues for leaks. We are now on the list for the repair work and Chris's professionalism gets him any work we will need in the future. We went from literally in the $40,000 range of work needed to under $3,000. Couldn't ask for more honesty, and my faith in humanity is restored because of this....

Description of Work
Will be doing minor roof repairs due to poor workmanship from previous owner.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/25/2014

08/01/2014

Patricia P.

The costumer service was great I liked the estimate they gave, I'm waiting on my INS to get the project started.

Description of Work
They came out and gave me an estimate for a roof.

Work Completed On 06/30/2014

07/28/2014

NANCY S.

I contracted with Chris to replace my roof. When it started to leak he came out right away and decided to begin the job the next day. He got the roof on in one day but with all the rain we had it took 2 weeks to finish the job. Chris suggested I move the bathroom vent so the solar tube could be in the middle of the ceiling. He did not charge me for moving the vent. He also had his men take down and remove all the old cabinets in my garage and a old table in my basement, no charge. When the skylights did not work he had the rep there in a few days to reprogram the units. They work great now and look beautiful. Chris is great to work with, always upbeat and ready to listen to you. Great job!

Description of Work
Tear off old roof, put on new roof, soffit, facia, gutters and skylights. Install solar tube in the bathroom and relocate bathroom ceiling fan.

Category electrician, gutter repair, roofing, siding, skylights, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

06/23/2014

Cindy S.

They're going to be doing my basement as well, but they cannot go forward yet since we have a seepage problem. They do fantastic work, and I love them! I wish they could help with the seepage!!!

Description of Work
They redid my roof and siding.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 06/11/2014

06/16/2014

Scott G.

estimate was provided, insurance company baulked on the repairs.

Description of Work
provide estimate

Work Completed On 02/01/2014

05/23/2014

john F.

couldn't have gone better, polite & hard working employees. while the tear off was going on, the material showed up. insulation contractor started spraying in the foam. osb went down, fire &ice shield, & felt followed by late afternoon things were cleaned up & ready for shingles to be installed the next day. second day shingles were installed & vent flashings, when that was done final clean up was completed to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
removed shingles & plywood & old insulation . while they were doing that ,an insulation contractor blew in foam insulation between the rafters. then they installed new osb sheating & shingles.

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 05/19/2014

05/19/2014

Sharon K.

Service was very good and the man who performed the inspection was polite and did a very good job for us. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
He inspected the roof and repaired things as needed.

Work Completed On 11/04/2013

05/12/2014

donald Q.

This was the second time I used them. The first time I used them I had them repair a portion of the roof. They did so well on the first job that I decided to have them do the whole roof. And they did well on that job too. They did it all within a day and two hours. They did a wonderful job and those guys really did work. They provided a pretty good price for the quality of work they provided. He obviously knew what he was doing for the job.

Description of Work
I used All Star Installations to do a complete tear off and re-roof my house. I had them put two ice and water dams on my roof, so it went up 6 foot on the roof. Since it normally only goes up three feet, I would consider this an upgrade.

Work Completed On 07/17/2013

01/06/2014

Kathryn and Larry S.

All jobs were completed with a large crew which for us meant in a timely manner. Once started, the job was completed with no interruptions. The weather was extremely hot but the crew worked long hours and seemed like a happy bunch. The house was a fixer-upper and the roof and facia and gutters gave it an excellent "street appeal". The workmanship was very good. Chris chose the roof color which I appreciated because I had no idea what color would make an all white house look good. The blue-gray was just right. After I saw the work on one house, I had Chris do the windows on a second house and will have him do the siding and roof on the second house in the spring. All-Star Installations gives great value in price, materials, and workmanship. And Chris was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters and facia on 2,500 sq ft house and new roof on 2 car garage and new windows in a 600 ft annex and two attic fans in two different houses.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows