Cousin Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2010

4.1

Cousin Plumbing & Heating, in Manteno, IL, is the area's leading plumbing company serving Manteno and surrounding areas since 1996. We offer heating, cooling, plumbing, sewer cleaning and repair, water heaters and more. For all your plumbing needs, contact Cousin Plumbing & Heating in Manteno....

Able Sewerage Company

Able Sewerage Company, in Chicago, IL, is the area's leading sewer cleaning company serving Cook, Will and Kankakee counties since 1957. We offer sewer cleaning and repair, sump pumps, sewer construction, rodding, sewer and septic inspection and more. For all your sewer cleaning and repair needs, contact Able Sewerage Company in Chicago.

Direct Improvements LLC

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today! You can also book online @ Www.directimprovementsllc.com

Rashad Heating and Cooling

Servicing all of your Heating and Cooling needs with great customer service! Offering $29 tune up on your system for the upcoming season. Thinking of replacing your existing system get a free quote with tune up. Financing options available to fit every budget. No job to big or small. Does your A/C work but not cooling your house? Furnace not coming on or working improperly? I will fix whatever the problem is without hurting your pockets. In the business over 20 years. Having electrical problems? Outlets not working? Breakers being tripped? Your electrical problems can be addressed. EPA Universal. Nate Certified. Heat exchanger expert certified.Local 399

07/10/2015

Yvonne D.

Made a mess of my yard. Stopped the water from liking. Had to tear my sink out and left damage to my cabinets. Didn't level dirt on the dug up areas, Gave me an estimate for around $1500-$3000. Ended up sending me a bill for $4043. Wont return any of my calls, just keeps sending me a bill.

Description of Work
Had a break in her water pipes outside. Repaired pipes from meter to the inside of the house. Digged a trance to put the pipe in.

Category plumbing

06/30/2015

Beth P.

Description of Work
Contractor gave an estimate for a water line that had cracked underground in my front yard. We went with them as I recall they had the lowest bid for the work to be done. Workers came dug up the yard replaced the pipe that had cracked, left the dirt piled up and did not fill it back in. Which left a "ditch" in the front lawn. Also installed an 8 inch pipe that protrudes from the ground about 18 inches. Did not seed the lawn after they had to dig up the grass and also ruined an ornamental gate with their machine. Not satisfied as this was the second time they were called to work on this same problem. The first time was a year earlier but they did not dig into the ground.

01/08/2015

Jason G.

Jon at Cousins was prompt when he said he would arrive each time. Getting return phone calls was a bit difficult but in all fairness it is the dead of winter and he is assisting all kinds of people who are without heat or hot water heaters, etc. etc. As customers we all have to wait our turn... In addition to getting the information to advise me on pricing etc., etc I was quite jumpy because I was told by another (unnamed) local heating company they could fix my issue and told me they would arrive the next day. Not only did they not show up the following day they never return the phone call. Then, when I called they explained they could not fix my "issue". I don't understand why we were not told that Monday evening while they were here. When you are sitting in a cold home you want everyone to come to your rescue immediately and have to realize it can be done but it does take time..... Very thankful Jon at Cousins had exceptional follow through, fair price and his guys were extremely respectful and professional.....they knew what they were doing. Every question answered and answered with respect. What I did not understand they explained. I am hoping everything works and continues to work flawlessly as Jon had explained. Like I said coming into this I was a bit jumpy from the past experiences of this tankless hot water heater.... So far so good..... Thankful!

Description of Work
Completely replace my hideous Quietside tankless hot water system to a new one!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/30/2014

Sharon G.

Initial response to call was very good. Hot water heater was leaking and needed to be replaced. This was done within 24 hours. Call back to them because pilot light kept going out and they responded and determined it was the downdraft from the chimney because of the newer type of heater. Agreed with them to have chimney extended. That was last Thursday. They indicated would be back either that day or the next. Have not returned to complete this job and have not heard back from them and it is now Monday March 3rd.Just a simple phone call to indicate they are still coming back what be more than appreciated.

Description of Work
Initial response was great and work well done, but response to complete needed work needs improvement.

03/30/2011

Janet D.

John was very responsive to our late night call when we had no heat. He got us back online on a cold night.

Description of Work
Service call on our new furnace after hours.

07/13/2010

John K.

I am a property manager who will continue to use John because he immediately calls me back, he's always punctual and I can completely rely on him. He also shows me what I can do for maintenance. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I have used John on two different occasions now. The first time he fixed a leaking pipe, cleared a clogged drain on an AC and recharged an AC unit. The second time he fixed a hot water heater.

06/11/2010

Linda B.

One of two toilets would run (fill the tank with water) for about 5 seconds every minute or so. I tried making several adjustments myself to no avail over a 2-3 day period prior to turning off the water to the toilet and calling Cousin's for service. Jon Cousin called back within an hour, asking about the maker of the toilet and stating that it sounded like a gasket was needed. He then indicated that he would be by early afternoon and he was true to his word. The repair to both toilets took less than 10 minutes; the estimates and info that I asked for took about 15 minutes more. When Jon first arrived, he only had one gasket and as a result, had to make a trip to a hardware store/the shop to get another one for the other toilet. Jon was very personable, courteous and professional. The work was completed cleanly, without leaving a mess or creating extra work for me. Toward the end, he did seem to be in a little bit of a hurry--perhaps to get to another appointment; however, in his defense, I had added two more areas of inquiry that he had not been privy to ahead of time. Although an $85 labor/service charge and $15 trip charge (provider's business was in town) may be standard for the plumbing industry, I felt the $100 cost to walk in the door and replace two gaskets was a bit excessive for the work that was actually performed. Formal estimates for all three of my requests were delivered to my door the very next day.

Description of Work
Jon replaced the gasket in each of two toilets even though only one actually prompted the service call. Both toilets were the same age and make so doing the second toilet was a preventative measure that I was ok with. Jon also provided info and estimates for work that I requested during our initial phone conversation; namely, replacing a furnace humidifier; and for other work that I asked about while he was onsite; namely, how to get hot water faster to one end of the home and replacing the current water heater with a tankless one.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Plumbing, Water Heaters, Softeners, Filters, Furnaces Change Outs and Repairs, Humidifiers, Sewer Cleaning, Trenchless Water Replacement, Steam Boilers, Hot Water Boilers, Residential and Commercial, Free Estimates, Family Owned and Operated. Specialties: Heating and Cooling.

Visa, MasterCard, Check