Carlson Services - Harry F Carlson Company LLC

Founded 1924 • With Angi since February 2009

316 E Riverside Blvd.

Loves Park, IL 61111

Carlson Services (Harry F Carlson Company LLC) is the friendliest, most trustworthy service company. Since 1924, the Carlson family has been serving the state-line area. You can rest easy, knowing that our years of experience have prepared us to handle your toughest and biggest jobs. Corporate campuses or store-fronts, retirement communities or condo associations, hospitals or homes, we've got you covered. You can have peace of mind, thanks to our $2 million general liability policy. We've never used it in 15 years, but it's nice to know it's there. To ensure that you're well cared for, we hire very carefully. Our friendly and most capable team of technicians put you and your property first. We guarantee the LOWEST PRICE and your SATISFACTION. If you don't love the results, and we can't fix the problem, you simply won't pay. That's our promise. Harry's family hails from Bareberg, Sweden and immigrated to Rockford, IL in 1893. The Carlson Company dates its roots back to 1924. Read more about our company at www.hfcviking.com....

07/25/2019

WALTER B.

3 crews showed up as scheduled, on time. Friendly, polite and very adept at their work. Owner showed up just to check everything. They moved what had to be moved and put it back. Did a 2nd coat of paint because they thought it was needed. Used a circular scrubber on the concrete as well as power washing. Amazing results. No mess when they left. So impressed, we are hiring them to power wash and stain the deck. Not sure how they could have improved. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Residential house, 50+ windows, mirrors and doors, some 3 stories high, washed inside and out, 3 ceilings painted and all concrete power washed.

Category window cleaning, pressure washing, interior painters

06/28/2019

Mike K.

We hired Carlson based on other customers' reviews on Angie's List. We were about to put our house up for sale and needed to make it look attractive to potential buyers. This company is outstanding! Weather was raining on the morning of the appointment, and I was sure they wouldn't be able to perform the jobs in such conditions. But, to my surprise, the crew leader Dave arrived and said he had viewed weather radar and it looked like the storms would pass, allowing his team to do the contracted work. The end results exceeded our expectations to the max! Outside power washing just didn't include cleaning the siding. The crew even washed under the eaves and the outside of the rain gutters! We contracted for their best level of window cleaning, which included cleaning the glass inside and out, cleaning the screens, and even wiping around the sills and cleaning out the window frame tracks. When everything was done, the entire house sparkled! I'll use Carlson again in the future, and will strongly recommend them to other family and friends.

Description of Work
Power washing house siding and decks; window cleaning

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

12/10/2018

Jeanne G.

We began the process of looking for a gutter cleaner company rather late in the season. Every local business we contacted were already booked up. But Carlson, an Illinois company, apparently sends folks up into southern Wisconsin and was able to give us an early December booking. We were lucky that it wasn't too cold to do the work, but it was cold enough to make it impossible to flush the downspouts and make the job uncomfortable for the workman. Nevertheless, he did a great, thorough job and gave us excellent advice.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

11/30/2018

Lori L.

They came when they said they would and did an excellent job!

Description of Work
Pressure washing house

07/16/2018

Mari S.

This contractor did an excellent job. They communicated when they were going to show up, and they did. They sent out thank you cards for my business. They emailed every step of the process. The workers were friendly and kind. I thought the price was a "bit" high, but its worth it just to know that they will show up and perform an excellent job! Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Pressure was deck and stain

Category window cleaning, deck cleaning

02/26/2018

Maria A.

Great people to work with! Will call them again!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning.

12/12/2017

Samir D.

They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
Window cleaning

11/28/2017

Maria A.

It went very well.. they get right back to you after you contact them and are very courteous and punctual! See you next year!

Description of Work
Cleaned out the gutters on the house and garage! Awesome company to work with!

10/19/2017

Joanne T.

The young man did a fine job. He had to work **** ** the kitchen windows and the patio doors because the sun as shining on them and it was very difficult to keep them from streaking. I was very pleased with the results. They look great.

Description of Work
Windows cleaned inside and out.

08/09/2017

Maria A.

This company is awesome. It was a very nasty job and they came and conquered with no complaints! The guys were very nice and respectful as well as Kim in the office! I will definitely use them again. In fact out of five others I checked with they contacted me immediately! Some of the others took over a week to get back to me! Thank you!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

06/30/2017

JOHN B.

From the start of the written estimate to the completion of the windows being cleaned today. Kim and her crew were excellent with communication and follow up. The gentleman (and I mean gentlemen) showed up on time and were respectful of my home and to me. They did a excellent job and I have invited them to come back next year for the same service.

Description of Work
Window washing inside and out to include track, screens and sills.

06/19/2017

james O.

Excellent! See answer above. No complaints

Description of Work
Needed entire house power washed. Elevation change meant 3+ stories on one side. Other companies wouldn't even bid it. Carlson did, rate was very reasonable. Young man doing the work was prompt, polite and professional. Would not hesitate to use again

04/27/2017

mike A.

They came out at the agreed time. The technician whi did the service was very professional. He did not rush it. He worked several hours and did a great job.

Description of Work
Power washed my home.

04/10/2017

Dick M.

Great. He was very careful for the plants and windows.

Description of Work
Pressure washed the siding.

09/06/2016

Lisa L.

I really enjoyed this provider. I had a nice chat with the owner too about my service.

Description of Work
The guy who came out really did a bang up job! He cleaned a window for me that the tint was coming off. I thought I was going to have to replace the window, but he initiated the cleaning process and was successful. I was stunned.He saved me a small fortune. He did the job in a quick, efficient manner.

07/21/2016

Sandy S.

Pleasant young man did the job quickly and quietly. On time and efficient.

Description of Work
Power washed house

06/01/2016

Judith S.

Perfect! Regarding price, please note that this is a very large deck with rail spindles that needed to be cleaned and stained too. Deck is 18' x 40'.

Description of Work
Carlson deep cleaned our nasty deck. We live on the Fox River, so we get a lot of moisture. Top that with an oak tree almost built into the deck, and it gets badly stained. David came out and made the deck boards look like fresh lumber. Phil then came a week later after drying time and applied a cedar stain. This deck has never looked better in the 13 years we've been here. Outstanding job. We will absolutely use them again.

Category deck cleaning

05/27/2016

ellen M B.

Nick and his partner did an excellent job ! They were professional and arrived on time. Without seeing the house, quote view email was close but not exact. Final price I paid was fair to me. I used this company for cleaning gutters ilast fall too and it was done well.

Description of Work
Cleaning of some of our exterior and interior windows.

05/23/2016

Laura H.

Nick did a wonderful job. He listened to my concerns prior to starting the job, and did everything as he and I discussed. The wash job itself turned out great ! After he was done, Nick asked if I had any issues and if I was satisfied. No issues and very satisfied. I would not hesitate to recommend your company and services. The discounted price offered by Angie was also very helpful, as we are both retired and need to watch for bargains and great deals ! We found both ! This was one of those times when everything about a contracted service just turned out right, very right !

Description of Work
They power washed our house.

05/09/2016

Dick M.

It was great. He arrived on time and pressure washed the outside of the house. He moved some items that we had on the porch. The house looks great and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Pressure washed the outside of the house.

04/28/2016

Ryan S.

Great job overall. Easy to schedule on time and professional. House and patio look great.

Description of Work
Power washed entire house and patio.

04/11/2016

Barbara R.

Everything looked great. Biggest concern was 2nd floor windows, which came out fantastic.

Description of Work
Cleaned outside windows.

02/04/2016

John M.

No services performed, was too expensive.

Description of Work
Window washing.

Category window cleaning

Good Morning, This review puzzled me and I had to do a little bit of research to discover how we would have received a review from an Angie's List member whom our company never provided services for. I discovered that somehow (being outside of our service area) you were able to purchase a $90 window cleaning package (up to 50 surfaces) online through Angie's List, last year, in the early part of May. Unfortunately, we were unable to provide the window cleaning services for you, as your location is quite a distance outside of our service area. You requested a refund from Angie's List that same day and Angie's List provided you with a full refund for the window cleaning package that you purchased. To confirm, our company never provided an estimate, nor any window cleaning services, for your home. Thank you.

01/13/2016

Lorna G.

I don't remember the exact price. it was more than the price online because of the number of windows I had, which is fine. The cleaning was OK, but I have had better.

Description of Work
Washed all my windows.

Category window cleaning

Good Afternoon, Upon receiving your review, it took me a few minutes to recall this service and when it took place. The window cleaning was provided for your home, nine months ago. After reviewing the email communications that we had back and forth, I was reminded that your home has specialty, over-sized windows. Normally, the price would have been higher, because of the many, large, specialty windows, however, we provided the cleaning at a discounted rate. The window cleaning package that you purchased on Angie's List was for up to 35 exterior surfaces and the windows of your home exceeded the number of surfaces that were purchased. The reason that the window cleaning appears to be "OK" is due to the fact that you chose exterior window cleaning only. The interior windows of your home were in need of cleaning, as well. I also discovered, in my research of your file, that we were never paid for the exterior window cleaning of the additional surfaces. I'm sorry that nine months later, this is the first time for us to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your exterior window cleaning last year, Had we been informed that you were not completed satisfied, at or around the time of service, we would have had the opportunity to come back and clean the windows to your satisfaction. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

12/02/2015

ellen M B.

We had to reschedule the gutter cleaning due to snow fall over weekend. Kim, the scheduler was very accommodating and easy to deal with via email and phone. The young man who did the gutters was professional and pleasant. Didn't leave any mess for us to follow up with. We originally had planned on window cleaning too, but will reschedule in the spring. would use this company again.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters of leaves and debris.

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning

JB Deck and Fence Renewal

**We do not offer major repairs or removals/additions.** JB Deck and Fence Renewal/Beuten Family Refinishing is your premiere choice for all your interior and exterior painting and staining services! Locally operated in Elgin IL and family owned, we are committed to providing superior finishes, with a friendly client centered approach. Our services include: Deck Sealing – Patio/Concrete Sealing and Washing – Gazebo or Pergola Sealing – Fence Painting – Exterior Painting - Gutter Cleaning. **We do not offer major repairs or removals/additions.** In a nutshell, if you have a portion of your home that needs a revamp, we’re here and happy to help. Give us a call or text today for a free estimate on your next project!

Offers by JB Deck and Fence Renewal on Angi
    Ayala the Paintman Services

With 15 years of experience, Ayala The Paintman Services works hard to bring each customer the best possible service and quality available. We look forward to working with you on your next project. We welcome your questions and thank you for your interest.

Offers by Ayala the Paintman Services  on Angi
    CLEAN USA

Local, certified, family owned…That’s us at Clean USA. As the consumer’s number one choice in cleaning and restoration services, we’re proud to deliver a premier lineup of carpet cleaning solutions to clients across northern Illinois and the surrounding communities. That goes for both residential and commercial clients. With free no obligation consultations, pet & kid friendly products, 12 month spot & spill warranties and our 100% happiness guarantee, for your complete peace of mind.

Offers by CLEAN USA on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Discover

Residential & Commercial Services: Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Deck Refinishing, Commercial Cleaning,