Coast to Coast Masonry Group Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since September 2007

2351 Bayberry Ln

Long Grove, IL 60047

Coast To Coast Masonry Group, Inc. provides top quality masonry restoration services to a variety of clients throughout the Chicago land area for over 23 years. We remain committed to the traditional values of client satisfaction that have earned a solid reputation in the masonry industry. Based on

Faith R.
03/30/2022
They did an excellent job replacing brick and tuck pointing and will definitely hire them again. The crew was responsive to my questions and they are very professional.
Description of Work
Brick replacement and tuck-pointing

John M.
11/27/2021
Good communication through the process, the price was very fair, and the results came out great. They explained what needed to be done, what might be needed additionally (didn't need the extra work after all), and scheduling was easy. The crew worked very hard in cool weather and were friendly and professional, and left the workplace very neat. We highly recommend.
Description of Work
Chimney repair and tuckpointing
masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Ben F.
07/05/2021
We contracted with Coast to Coast Masonry after Romen visited our house and unlike the other three contractors that visited, was the only one to climb on the roof and notice that the original concrete chimney cap had cracked. What was originally a simple brick repair and tuck pointing job became a major chimney repair, but we were ready for that and agreed that this isn't a job that gets less expensive the longer it is put off. The mason team arrived 2 weeks after the the contract was signed and spent 1.5 weeks repairing, replacing, sealing, and tuck pointing every distressed brick on our house. It took them two days just to do the demo on the top of the chimney. They found multiple instances of additional damage and never raised the price. After the work was completed we knew that we'd not only stopped the clock on the brick damage that was occurring due to corners cut in the original construction, but that we'd built something that would really stand the test of time. Coast to Coast Masonry was fantastic to work with and we will definitely hire them again should the need arise.
Description of Work
Chimney cap replacement, brick repair and replacement, tuck pointing and wall repair.
Category
concrete repair, masonry, chimney caps

Nadea V.
04/04/2021
Thank you Romen and Coast to Coast Crew ! I can’t express my satisfaction with the work done to my home ! Perfect all the way! Your crew knowledge, experience, and professionalism stood up! I wish I can put more than 5 stars! Hire them !
Description of Work
Chimney repairs and more
concrete repair

Ronald W.
10/22/2020
They arrived when they said they would. They did an excellent job of doing the repairs and cleaned up after finishing. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Description of Work
repair holes in masonry on my house.

Bernard P.
08/18/2020
Company listed as providers in area code 60461, when contacted they responded by saying they do not cover this area which sounds suspect. But, they already made correction with Angie's List about the area that they service.
Description of Work
Masonry tuck pointing etc.
Category
masonry, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you for your review. Your frustration is understood as you use Angie's List to find contractors within your region. Unfortunately, we do not service this area and were unaware of our new service map on Angie's List. We restarted our Angie's List advertising campaign this year and were not briefed on service zoning changes made by Angie' List. We assumed we had the same local advertising locations as before. We have corrected the service map. Thanks, Romen
Robert L.
07/21/2020
Coast to Coast gets an A++++ from Trinity Lutheran Church, Oak Park, Illinois. Their workers were excellent; their workmanship was excellent. They displayed the good qualities that every business ought to display. We are hiring them again to do (in August 2020) much-needed tuck-pointing on our church. Robert J. Lietz, pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, 300 North Ridgeland Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302
Description of Work
Extensive taking down and re-building of our church's chimney in the spring of 2020
chimney repair

KEVIN K.
03/11/2020
As far as contractors go, Coast to Coast Masonry Group, Inc were one of the most attentative and punctual contractors I have experienced. Everyting was done in a timely fashion, from sending us a quote to and sending reminders on when they will show up. They called when the weather looked bad and told us that they would come two days later at the same time. This type of service is greatly missed in the industry. Coast to Coast. They did addressed everything stated on the conract, and the work appears to be exceptional. We will definitely hire them again in the future.
Description of Work
We needed limestone replacement by window sill and spot tuckpointing.
Category
concrete repair, masonry, chimney repair

Gail L.
10/28/2019
Coast to Coast did a great job. We are very satisfied. We can recommend them wholeheartedly.
Description of Work
Rebuild stone wall at front of house

Nancy K.
05/27/2019
Very responsive and professional company. They certainly know what they are doing, excellent workmanship. I could not be more pleased.
Description of Work
Rebuild chimney back to its original lines
Category
masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Bill C.
04/02/2019
Did a great job. Shower moisture and the "polar vortex" combined to cause the mortar to fail in many of the joints in our bathroom window. The original contractor who installed the window priced the repair job more than the original installation, and much higher than Coast-to-Coast. Romen was very responsive to a couple of changes that were needed after his men had completed the job. He came out right away to make sure that the job was done right. We'd hire him again, but hopefully won't have to. :)
Description of Work
Tuckpoint repair of glasss block window on exterior shower wall
Category
masonry, replacement windows, glass block

Christyn S.
12/12/2018
Being a new home owner and not knowing any better, I was unaware that there were differences in chimneys/fireplaces. Coast-to-Coast works with masonry chimneys and fireplaces and ours, to my surprise, is not. It is factory-built so Coast-to-Coast could not help with the inspection BUT, since the nice gentleman had come out, he said that he would check our damper to see what he thought may be the issue (since it wouldn't close). He checked it out inside and then headed outside to see what the issue was an fixed/closed our damper! Such an unexpected surprise, and then he stated that it was no charge! I am learning so much about home ownership and that there are amazing people out there...and one of them is at Coast-to-Coast Masonry. If we had a chimney/fireplace that was in their wheelhouse, we would definitely use them but we can't so I recommend them simply because they care and, obviously, employ good people. Thank you, Coast-to-Coast!!
Description of Work
Chimney damper and inspection
fireplaces

gregory D.
11/29/2018
chimney had loose mortar and brick. called coast to coast based on angies list. the office was very prompt in helping schedule. romen, the owner, pointed out that the damage was beyond tuckpointing. he was very knowledgeable, offered a couple of options with different costs and benefits. the crew arrived promptly on the day, and really did outstanding work. i have used several masons in the past and CtoC was the best. careful with the detail of matching brick and workmanship. i thought cost was fair for the quality done. would recommend
Description of Work
chimney repair
masonry, chimney repair

Roberta W.
10/29/2018
Went Well. Did a great job of matching the brick. Arrived EARLY!!! Got right to work and did a very nice job. Cleaned up perfectly too!! We’re very pleased and would definitely use again.
Description of Work
Partial chimney rebuilt
masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

David M.
10/21/2018
They did an excellent job from the quote to the finished work. I couldn't be home for either the initial inspection/quote or the actual work. This was not a problem as they handled all my questions and provided both the quote and invoice via Angie's chat on this site. The actual work, after a couple days for the mortar to dry, is totally indistinguishable from the 25 year old adjacent bricks and mortar. The color and style matching of the 4 replacement bricks was perfect. Without knowledge of what it looked like before, there is nothing to tell you that anything was ever done to the brick facade. They even replaced a section of caulking where the replaced bricks met the wood frame. As with everything else the color matching of the caulking was perfect. The cleanup was excellent, they left nothing for me to do.
Description of Work
Small job replacing crumbling and missing mortar and 4 deteriorating bricks in the decorative brick facing on the side of a garage doorway.

Jennifer B.
08/24/2018
Coast to Coast Masonry Group did a wonderful job with tuck pointing on my garage, chimney and various other areas of my brick house. Roman did a great job upfront with the estimate, and took the time to explain how the work would be done. The crew arrived on time each day. They were very respectful and clean. The work that they did was very professional. Roman came back at the end of the job to ensure that the work met my expectations. My house looks great! I definitely recommend Cost to Coast!!
Description of Work
Tuck pointing

Linda A.
06/07/2018
Excellent workmanship from start to finish, excellent response to all questions. Very professional.
Description of Work
Tuck pointing of whole home and new chimney cap
masonry, chimney caps

Akash D.
05/21/2018
Coast to Coast was friendly and punctual from the very start. They were on time for the estimate and was thorough when advising me on the scope of work required. Responses to my actual were very punctual. On the day of the service the team showed up on time and were professional. Most importantly they did a really good job. Overall happy with the experience.
Description of Work
The brick on the house needed tuck pointing.

Tom E.
02/12/2018
Excellent experience. They were on time. Finished everything in 1 day. Would recommend. -- The owner came and gave me the estimate. I had to pull the permit for the work. They did give me the drawing needed for the county. They schedule the work when I needed it. The workers had the knowledge and experience to handle the job. They were very tidy and neat and respected my property. It was very dusty in the basement, but I expected that. The workers told me the size of the lintel in the bid was possibly thicker than needed at 1/2" but that is what I put on the permit. They were thinking of using a 3/8" piece which would still be bigger then really needed but ended up going with the 1/2". If they did go with the smaller lentil, they said they would fix it at no cost to me if the county had an issue with the change. This was good to know. They answered all my questions and showed me the progress as they went. Price quote was reasonable.
Description of Work
Needed brick and lintels replaced to make room for new Egress window.
masonry, foundation repair

Janet N.
01/09/2018
Prompt and easy to work with. Satisfied.
Description of Work
Repaired 2 chimneys.
masonry, chimney repair

Lisa T.
12/13/2017
Excellent experience based on the following reasons. Would highly recommend. --the workers had the knowledge and experience to handle the job at hand --the workers were very tidy and neat and respected my property --price quote was reasonable, based on my research for the job at hand --the workers were patient with me given the number of questions I asked
Description of Work
Chimney Liner Installed
masonry, chimney caps

CHRISTINE H.
11/25/2017
Workmen showed up right on time and did an excellent job. The owner himself came by a few days later to do some finishing touches. Very high quality work.
Description of Work
Needed brick and lintels replaced that had cracked off the facing along bottom front of house when porch was replaced.

Florence M.
11/20/2017
Workers were timely. Completed work as scheduled. Communicated when they had to leave to get additional materials. Cleaned up area after work completed. I originally had them do the foundation work. When I inspected the area, I found a very small area under a rear porch that had not been completed. They were very responsive to my request to come back and correct. Based on my satisfaction, I had them come out and do the chimney work.
Description of Work
Foundation repair Chimney repair and liner installation
Category
masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, foundation repair

Iris F.
11/12/2017
It went very well. Three quotes were provided by Coast to Coast, each of varying comprehensiveness and cost. Once we made our decision, the work was scheduled within one week and completed within two. There was some minor miscommunication around cleanup after the work was done, but that was resolved quickly with a call to the office.
Description of Work
We needed spot tuckpointing on our home, including reconstruction of brick that was falling apart in one corner, and removal of efflorescence from the walls in an enclosed mud room.
masonry

Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it!
Dale D.
10/16/2017
They did a great job at a good price. Everything was left cleaned.
Description of Work
Rebuild a section of stone work, reset some masonry, tuck pointing and caulk joints.
masonry

Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

2022 Super Service Award

RICE MASONRY CONST CO INC

Owner operated with 39 yrs of restoration and new construction experience. I personally oversee all projects,no subcontractors. We perform outstanding quality work, we are OSHA safety certified. and have the best guarantee in the industry. Rice masonry is a fully licensed and insured masonry and tuckpointing company with 10 highly skilled employees

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers Coupon

Tuckpointing, Chimney Repairs, Chimney Rebuilding, Chimney Relining, Brick Repairs, Stone Repairs, Block Repairs, Caulking, Waterproofing, Chemical Cleaning, Lintel Replacement, Lintel Restoring, Glass Block Replacing and Installation, CMU walls, Parapet Walls Rebuilding and Repair, All types of masonry needs.

ask for details