1° Temp Home

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2011

4.3

1050 N DuPage Ave

Lombard, IL 60148

Are you tired of adjusting the thermostat at your home in Chicago, Illinois without seeing results? Is your home hot in the summer and cold in the winter? At 1° Temp Home, we know how frustrating it can be when you can’t seem to find a comfortable temperature in your home. That’s why we provide a

06/21/2020

MICHAEL C.

fine. Company is no longer in business

Description of Work
energy audit

11/18/2019

Ken W.

job seemed ok but they did miss items. 3 years later mold is back and they are now out of business.

Description of Work
energy efficiency audit, attic insulation, bathroom fan venting, baffles, mold remediation

04/02/2018

Elwood H.

Went well, I learned much about our houses heat loss locations.

Description of Work
Home heat loss evaluation.

10/16/2017

Michael H.

They allowed the chemical they used to remediate the mold to drip on our carpeting, which bleached out the color. They told us that they would take care of this -- but their "fix" did not work and the stains came back. They never returned our follow up phone calls or contacted us again. We have since been told that the owner went to California and he business has new owners. Meanwhile, we had to replace $600 in damaged carpeting.

Description of Work
We hired them to remove some old insulation from the attic, remediate mold in the attic and add insulation to a few areas in the house (ceiling, walls, attic).

Category insulation, mold removal

10/06/2017

Anne A.

I only had generalities on how to improve home efficiency, never recieved the report after the visit. They performed the visit 4 months after I bought the service

Description of Work
I had purchased the standard energy assessment

09/30/2017

William B.

They cancelled twice on me, then said their inspector quit, referred me to another company that never returned my calls. My messages for a refund of the $50 were never returned. So they basically ripped me off.

Description of Work
Paid for $50 home energy audit.

09/20/2017

Ken W.

Everything went ok, but they did miss some smaller pieces of the work and also had to come back to finish another, which required several follow up emails from me to get done. I recently went up in my attic and saw lots of mold, so whatever was done either didn't help or is making the problem worse.

Description of Work
Home evaluation, blown insulation in attic, sealing, mold remediation, bathroom fan exhaust through roof.

09/08/2017

Erin R.

on time, clear, reasonable estimate

Description of Work
thermal assessment

08/23/2017

a S.

Energy auditor conducted due diligence and was professional, however he never submitted a proposal for improvements , as he indicated he would.

Description of Work
Energy audit of house, with follow up recommendations for proposed work.

07/12/2017

Leigh M.

Everything went very smoothly. After setting up appointments on the phone the crew was there on time and performed the tasks efficiently.

Description of Work
I wanted to know whether or not my home was insulated properly. It seemed to have drafts. 1TempHome came in, tested for drafts throughout the house, sealed cracks, added and adjusted insulation and were very professional the entire time. I highly recommend them!

06/22/2017

MARALEY R.

It was very good. They did not charge anymore than the Big Deal. They were very comprehensive and very professional. They were honest.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a comprehensive home energy assessment with thermal imaging, lower door testing, and assessment reports.

06/14/2017

Tom W.

The insulation went very well. We were told we would be called to have the vents, which were part of the contract, done when warmer. We waited until May, only to learn that this contractor had gone out of businesses and his referrals were going to another contractor. They declined to finish they contract for the amount of money ($250) that was with held from the original payment for the job. We were stunned that a recommended Angies List business could simply disappear and there was not recourse. We lost faith not only in the business, but the reliability of Angies List.

Description of Work
We had attic insulated to R 60 and contracted for insulation and installation of sophit vents to promote air flow of the system. As the work was done at the end of 2016, the vents could not be installed until later, when Spring arrived. We paid for the entire job up front.

06/13/2017

Richard A.

They had to cancel appointment and could not schedule with same company.

Description of Work
Energy assessment

06/02/2017

Michael H.

When they carried chemicals upstairs to do the mold remediation in our attic, the chemical dripped onto our stairway carpeting and bleached out the color wherever it dripped. The carpeting is ruined.

Description of Work
This company is out of business. Their calls are now being forwarded to a new company (ARC).

Category insulation, mold removal

05/10/2017

gary S.

This company never installed addition soffit vents which they said was a contributing cause for the attic mold. They also nerve provided certification that the mold was re-mediated. Have tried to call them multiple times. They never answer the phone and never return messages. I even drove to their address and the door was locked and mail on the entry floor. I just hope they are not out of business.

Description of Work
Mold remediation, attic installation, addition soffit vents

05/02/2017

MICHAEL W.

Overall - quite good. Inspector was on time, professional, and highly knowledgeable about home energy issues. Went into attic (where he found failures of the roofer we had hired previously), tested numerous walls with thermal imaging camera. Pointed out cold spots. Advised us on whether or not to invest in new windows. Checked furnace for gas leaks. ONLY problem - I thought we were going to receive a written report of the findings - but after a couple emails to the company, I never heard back.

Description of Work
Energy efficiency inspection of house - blower door, thermal imaging, insulation inspection.

04/26/2017

Lyle K.

This one was hard to review; the person arrived on-time and I think he probably did a good job identifying areas of the house that needed attention. The only reason why I marked the company fair is that the person said I'd get an energy report mailed to me showing all the issues. I never got that report. (I didn't bother to follow-up with them since I took good notes while walking around the house, but it would have been nice to get the report, especially since it's part of the deal.)

Description of Work
Energy survey for the house.

04/25/2017

Marc J.

left numerous messages never got a response

Description of Work
whole house energy assessment to determine critical outside air infiltration points so as to identify remediation solutions

04/24/2017

Kate A.

I had a great salesperson come to the house and give me a bid. However, when I had questions, no one responded - turns out that the owner closed the company and moved to California in March.

Description of Work
Please note - this company CLOSED in March of 2017.

04/18/2017

Molly B.

Does anyone know if these people are still in business? If they are, this is completely ridiculous and unprofessional.

Description of Work
They added insulation to our attic last year. They were supposed to ensure that vents were clear and add additional if not. They did not do that as our roof started buckling due to all the excess humidity in our attic. We had to pay to get our roof repaired and 1 Temp assured us they would come to correct. They have now stopped responding to us and we can't get a hold of anyone.

04/17/2017

DAVID N.

Went very well on site at the home. It's the after part that bothers me. I was told I would get a full report about the findings and recommendations the next week and the report / email never came. Never got it. Also, took over a month for them to come out for the assessment after I purchased the deal.

Description of Work
Needed a home energy assessment

Category drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, insulation, replacement windows, energy audit

04/12/2017

Erin R.

Have not yet gotten the work needed done, but will likely hire them for it.

Description of Work
Had an evaluation of our heating/cooling system. Professional estimate given, good explanation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, energy audit

04/11/2017

Maciej R.

It went well and we will potentially use their services in the future to help insulate better insulate our home.

Description of Work
We had an energy efficiency evaluation.

04/10/2017

Catherine S.

He was very knowledgeable and made a few suggestions of things a handyman could do easily, and also included some major things that might help if I wanted to go that route. There was no "sales push" to have them do work for me. Just information. He also found two small gas leaks.

Description of Work
I needed information about what could be done to improve the efficiency of my heating/cooling.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, water heater repair, replacement windows, energy audit

04/10/2017

Robert G.

They did a good job and provided the report in a timely manner. They also provided an estimate for the costs for various insulation services. We have not made any decisions to do any of the work yet, but will still get competitive quotes for when we decide to do the work.

Description of Work
We purchased the Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment.

Everlast Exteriors of Illinois

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Established in 1987, specializing in high quality exterior improvements such as windows, gutters, siding, and roofing. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Siding Group & Windows Group Ltd

Siding & Windows Group specializes in exterior remodeling, including siding, windows, doors and roofing replacement, as well as decks & porches. Our ability to provide the best customer experience, combined with the highest quality products in the industry, helps us give homeowners a value that is unmatched. We continuously research and educate our team on the best quality products and thoroughly train each member of our team for the simple intent of giving our customers the comfort that they are in good hands with top-notch service. It is our great pleasure for our clients to admire the diligent high attention to detail of our work and enjoy the results: a great looking home with products that lasts for decades . We provide ethical specifications that is custom to your property. Please contact us for a free, no-obligation estimate and allow us to transform your home to the dream home you want.

M&M Home Remodeling Services - Arlington Heights

M&M is a provider and installer of a broad line of home exterior products including Roofing, Windows, Entry Doors, Siding, Soffit, Fascia and Gutters. Since its formation, M&M has fostered a culture of putting customer satisfaction first, providing quality products and service, competitive pricing and taking the guess-work and worry out of the home improvement process. Celebrating over 37 years of quality, the bulk of M&M business consistently results from customer referrals. M&M accreditation's include the Better Business Bureaus of Chicago and NW Indiana, Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. M&M has built its reputation as a solutions provider, offering quality products, service, competitive pricing and customer-friendly financing programs .

CR4485
    DuPage County
    County of DuPAge, IL
    04/26/2017
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing, Check

Energy efficiency auditing, air balancing, insulation removal, insulation installation (all types), attic ventilation.