Fortune Restoration

Founded 1979 • With Angi since August 2004

Fortune Restoration is a full service painting, tuckpointing, and restoration company that serves residential homeowners from Hyde Park to Lincoln Park to Oak Park and River Forest, and the entire North Shore and Western Suburbs. Commercial, industrial and institutional projects are also taken on throughout the Chicagoland area. Additional email - fortunerestorationbob@gmail.com Additional contact name - Mr. Bob Fortune, Mr. Tom Fortune....

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

4.4

house painting (282)masonry (117)woodworking (63)interior painting (52)decks & porches (40)general contractors (38)stucco (36)chimney repair (35)window replacement (24)siding companies (23)deck cleaning (18)chimney cap repair (16)

06/27/2022

Nancy Holab N.

Simply put, it could not have gone better. From start to finish Pete Fortune was the model of professionalism. Communication was outstanding, pricing was a bit high, but fair. And well within the scope of the other prices we got. The crew was completely professional, efficient, hard working and thorough. They arrived early, left late and worked the entire time they were on site. Each night they cleaned up, leaving no debris or garbage. They checked with us before they left equipment for the week while they were working. They wore haz-mat suits and all the appropriate safety gear all the time, and this was during one of Chicago's 90+ heat waves. They did accidentally knock out a pane of glass in a window, and when we asked about it the next day, the crew chief said that he had picked up a piece of replacement glass the night before after he left our house and would replace it that day. Which he did. The work they did matches the original stucco so well that you can't tell where it is. The job was extensive but they finished it right on time. We even added a little more to the project mid week and still they finished on time. Pete stopped by almost every day to check on the work and to make sure that we were satisfied with how everything was going. We would hire this company again in a minute and we cannot say enough good things about them. They clearly understand customer service as well as quality work. It was a pleasure to work with them. We strongly recommend Fortune Restoration.

Description of Work
The stucco on our 100 year old house was cracked and falling apart. We needed it replaced and then repainted.

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

04/24/2022

bill L.

I can't say enough great things about working with Fortune and their team of professionals. We found their workers to be friendly, thorough, trustworthy, and always responsive. The quality of their work was second to none, their cleanup was exceptional, and I would strongly recommend Fortune Restoration for any of your home or commercial projects!

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2022

03/07/2022

Blake H.

I can't say enough good things about the Fortune Restoration team; Pete is an honest, transparent, and kind owner and has built a team that is professional, thorough, responsive, and enjoyable to work with. The quality of their work is remarkable and they work diligently, clean up after themselves, and manage themselves well. We were out of town for the majority of their work and they executed everything exactly as we asked without any supervision or feedback from us while we were away. They get back to you with anything that you need promptly and are good upstanding businesspeople. I know there may be companies that will do the same work for less money but Fortune Restoration delivers way more value than any of its competitors. If you need painting done right, on-time, and on-budget, these are the guys for you!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

11/16/2021

Tony C.

They were great. The crew was very thorough and explained everything to us. Answered all of our questions and were pleasant to work with. We were nervous to paint our 135 year old brick and they did a tremendous job. No surprises and they stand by their work. Would recommend Pete and team to anyone in need of exterior work. They painted our deck and garage too - which look terrific.

Description of Work
Pinter my exterior brick - more than 100 yrs old and needed some TLC.

Category contractors, decks, masonry, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

11/09/2021

Sascha D.

The team was timely, considerate, and professional. They did great quality work and our porches look like new.

Description of Work
Two porches repaired and repainted and a fence repaired

Category contractors, decks, house painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2021

09/18/2021

Tom C.

This is our third project with Fortune Restoration. They are terrific. Excellent quality. Hard workers. Willing to listen to questions and explain. This project required six colors, requiring attention to detail.

Description of Work
Painting house exterior

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

09/14/2021

James G.

Used the web site to request a review of a chimney issue. The next day they called twice and I had an appointment the next day. Tom came out and let me know I did not need masonry work, just some clean up and a caulk job. Great customer service, quick response, and saving money. Good deal!

Description of Work
Chimney review

Category contractors, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

07/30/2021

Anup M.

Fortune Restoration did a great job. At the start, there was a hiccup that they worked to overcome. When they cut back the concrete, they cut into the foundation more than expected. But they brought in an expert and immediately repaired the damage. The rest of their work was very high quality. Specifically, they did 2 things to win my loyalty. First, they communicate a lot. An owner, Tom, and the head of the team working at my house, Rodis gave me daily updates. Second, they always explained the logic of the repairs they did. If I had a different goal or idea, they seriously considered it, without nickel and diming me. I will definitely be using Fortune again.

Description of Work
Replace stamped concrete facade with limestone and replace old bricks on facade

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

07/09/2021

Darryn B.

Total job was $15,000. Pete and his team did really excellent work. We have a 100 year old house that needed serious repairs to the exterior stucco, wood framing, columns and brick. They exceeded our expectations! Especially because we have lots of roses in front of the house. They were extremely careful not to damage any of them when they set up the ladders and stages. They also sealed up any openings where birds and squirrels had been going in. The house looks brand new. We are really happy. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Exterior stucco, wood framing repair and painting, tuckpointing.

Category masonry, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

06/28/2021

Dirk V.

This was our second project for Fortune Restoration. I went very well from scheduling to final walk through and approval. Fortune has excellent teams focused on painting prep, painting and carpentry. The workers were friendly, worked hard, did very high quality work and responded well to our feedback and questions. We highly recommend Fortune.

Description of Work
repairs of cedar wood siding and fence plus stain entire home

Category decks, fencing, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, window treatments, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

06/10/2021

Robin D.

I called Fortune for an estimate and Tom was here the next day to take a look. I asked for estimate on repainting our house and fixing some problems with settling on one corner of the porch. Pretty quickly Tom determined that our house didn't need a full paint job, just some minor work, and suggested that we hire someone better suited to small jobs. He gave me a recommendation of who to call to find a contractor for that. The porch is settling, but only slightly and the real issue is that the storm door no longer closes due to the slope. The repair was going to be fairly involved, but Tom made some suggestions for how I could fix the door issue myself at no cost. In the end I won't be hiring Fortune Restoration, but only because Tom showed me that I didn't need to. This is the kind of honesty I look for in a contractor. Some day I may have a bigger job and Fortune is going to be at the top of my call list.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and porch repair

Category decks

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

03/30/2021

Patrick H.

The work quality was excellent with great attention to detail. Pete Fortune came out and inspected the job and made sure everything was done to the highest standards. The crew was very careful to keep the job site clean and minimize dust and mess (tuckpointing is generally very messy). The crew showed up promptly and completed the work on schedule. I highly recommend Fortune Restoration.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing and painting

Category contractors, masonry, house painters

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

03/11/2021

John R.

Excellent. Everything was quick and easy. Tom arrived on time for the estimate. I checked his references; they all were good, so I hired him. He gave me a start date & time and HIS CREW STARTED EXACTLY WHEN HE SAID THEY WOULD! (even during the massive snow storm in February!) Tom checked in every day. Work was very good and the project was finished slightly early. Will definitely hire Fortune Restoration again!

Description of Work
interior painting

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

01/22/2021

Patrick F.

I've used Fortune Restoration in the past when I managed condominium buildings. After seeing the cedar siding work they did on a friend's house I decided to call Tom Fortune for my own residence. Tom took the time to listen and called his lead carpenter to discuss the various siding and trim options. He was able to write the estimate on the spot. They started quickly and there were no delays once they began. Their crews were communicative and professional. Tom also stopped by regularly to inspect the workmanship and make sure I was satisfied. Fortune removed the existing metal siding on the house, replaced the soffit and fascia with PVC which was quite labor intensive, sided the gable ends and small front dormer with cedar, stained the new cedar, and painted all the new trim and exterior windows. They left the area in very good condition. I'm very pleased with their responsiveness and quality of the work and recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Remove existing siding, replace with cedar shake, paint

Category remodeling, siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Review for Fortune Restoration - 6619 N Lincoln Ave, Lincolnwood, IL - 39149929

12/03/2020

Anne L.

The crew did a fantastic job. They were timely, cleaned up their mess at the end of each day, and the house looks wonderful. I was concerned at the start b/c they are more expensive, but they are worth it. They did a quality job.

Description of Work
Sanding, priming and painting of the outside of the house

Category basement waterproofing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

11/25/2020

Dirk V.

Outstanding! Fortune submitted its bid the same day and began work the next day. With winter coming, timing was very important to us and they exceeded our expectations. The team was friendly, professional and went out of its way to make sure we were satisfied with every step. It took 2 full days of high quality work and finished just before a storm. The wall looks great and we are very happy.

Description of Work
Prep work on masonry and brick wall as well as waterproofing and painting the wall.

Category masonry, basement waterproofing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

11/19/2020

Lynn W.

Vendor came highly recommended and great to work with. They were able to provide an appropriate solution for the mortar, to maintain the asthetics of the building. Work crew arrived on time, were knowledgeable and did a great job on the masonry repair. Extremely happy with the results and would hire them again to complete other masonry projects!

Description of Work
Masonry/Tuck Pointing

Category masonry, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

11/01/2020

Will W.

Work was timely, detailed and extremely well managed. The workmanship and professionalism was top notch. Would definitely recommend them and will certainly call them for future projects.

Description of Work
Exterior woodwork, painting and tuck pointing

Category masonry, basement waterproofing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

10/10/2020

Rick P.

Fantastic. The crew was here for a week. They arrived on time, they were polite and professional and maintained CoVid awareness. They cleaned up at the end of every day and worked hard. They didn't cut corners, and the result was a house that looks better right now than at any point in the 25 years we have lived here. There are a couple levels of supervision and good communication at all levels. If you want your house painted right, this company can make that happen. Nothing but positive things to say.

Description of Work
Stucco house that had not been thorocoated in probably 50 + years. Trim also needed to be repainted and rotted wood replaced.

Category contractors, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

Review for Fortune Restoration - 6619 N Lincoln Ave, Lincolnwood, IL - 38938288

09/23/2020

Irene W.

Great! All my questions were answered right away. We were consulted about preferences. I am so proud of our house now. No longer embarrassed about spots that needed fixing! Tom Fortune came out for estimate in timely manner And gave estimate same day. Work was also scheduled in timely manner. 5 “artists“/painters worked very hard for 3 very long days! We could not be more pleased!!

Description of Work
Exterior scrape, primed, top coat, tuckpointing, and some repair masonry.

Category masonry, basement waterproofing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

09/18/2020

Kara L.

It went beautifully. The total project (rehab of the porch where needed, and painting of the entire porch) was done in about 2.5 days. The crews were timely, professional, clean and kind. I will absolutely use them again, and will tell everyone in my area about them. I received prompt call backs while setting up the job, and prior to and during the job, received calls and text updates by the project manager, to ensure I knew what was going on.

Description of Work
Front porch of an old, Victorian home

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

08/24/2020

Valerie S.

They did an excellent job! The crew is so thorough...first scraping, then sanding, washing, priming and finally painting. We have never seen a company do this quality of work on our exterior painting before. We know this time it will not prematurely peel.

Description of Work
We needed exterior painting done on our wood clapboard house.

Category house painters