Toptec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2002

We are a full service mechanical contractor providing complete system solutions for commercial, industrial, and residential applications. We look "beyond the box" to the whole HVAC/R system to provide the latest energy-saving solutions. We offer 24-hour emergency service after business hours a live

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

4.4

HVAC Companies (445)plumbers (127)electrician (76)water heaters (41)air duct cleaning (29)drain cleaning (27)lighting (19)dryer vent cleaning (18)gas leak repair (8)ceiling fan installation (6)generator service (2)sewer cleaning (2)

06/05/2022

Paul S.

Two years after install of two thermostats one wasn’t working to turn the air conditioner on. One works fine other one didn’t. Last fall they sent a guy twice and charged me for a service call. Honeywell has a five year warranty on thermostat. Toltec warranties nothing related to their labor. WORST PART IS THAT THIS SPRING AFTER THREE TRIES THEY STILL BLAME ME AND WONT COME TO FIX WHAT THE GUY SAID WAS A PROBLEM AT THIRD VISIT, A LOOSE WIRE. Who likes spending their afternoons paying for a man who smells like a cigarette to put on his false pleasantries?

Description of Work
They installed two thermostats

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

01/20/2022

Jill C.

The service man is very punctual and very good. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Repair bathroom exhaust fan.

Category

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

01/14/2022

Martell C.

I was having issues with my boiler furnace. I noticed my gas bill had doubled and the furnace itself was making loud noises. I was hesitant to call contractors thinking some would rip me off and over charge me. I gave Top Tec a chance and im glad i did! Juan showed up to my home on time and very diligent! I had called around to a dozen places for quotes and Top Tec was the way to go!! Juan explained everything he was doing. He was very meticulous. This my first time writing a review for anything. I usually just pay and say thank you but i felt obligated to let folks know juan from Top Tec is awesome! 👌🏽😎 Thanks bro

Description of Work
Furnace Tune up

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

Thank you for the review! TOPTEC appreciates your business and we look forward to servicing your home in the future. Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

03/10/2021

Christine B.

Excellent in all respects. Clear, thoughtful estimate. Good communication while the job was being done. Everything was completed as requested.

Description of Work
N/A

Category electrician

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

We thank you for your review and we hope to continue providing you with excellent service in the future. Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust" Sincerely, TopTec

12/29/2020

Dmitry M.

Tracy did amazing job, right from beginning he knew what he was doing, showed up right on time, left the place clean after the wok was done plus great workmanship. Company gave me a quote before doing the work, I thought the quote was very reasonable for the work was done!

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation to replace existing fan.

Category appliance repair, lighting

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

10/20/2020

Pamela D.

There were two employees of the company doing work and they did not keep their faces covered the entire time while in my home. They also did not wear gloves as stated in the Angie's list COVID information section. I am hoping that they did quality work but in this current environment this behavior just isn't acceptable. The company said "sorry."

Description of Work
Plumbing Work

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We really appreciate it! We will definitely share and address your concerns with out team about expectations for proper covid safety measures. We would be happy to chat with you in more detail about it. Please feel free to reach out to our office manager, Maria, at 847.362.0262.

10/19/2020

David B.

It went great. The electrician sent very quickly diagnosed the issue and performed the work necessary to resolve it. A+

Description of Work
A circuit went bad and we had to rewire our lights to a new one.

Category electrician, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Thank you for the review! TOPTEC appreciates your business and we look forward to servicing your home in the future! Give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Sewer & Electrical needs. Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

05/18/2020

Gilbert F.

Extremely high quote. Got it done by another company for a third of their quote. The electrician, on his way out, said that he hoped they didn't get the job. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
A revised electrical service and installation of a ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us. Providing a great experience to each and every caller is very important, so we’ll keep this in mind as we continue to work with our team to make sure that we’re providing the best possible experience.”

05/01/2020

Terrie S.

Quickly diagnosed and repaired the fixture.

Description of Work
Repaired light fixture.

Category electrician, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the good review, our electricians do a great job for us in the electrical division, give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Sewer and Electrical needs. Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

09/23/2019

Eileen B.

Toptec was the only electric company willing to come out & give us an estimate. One company made an appointment and was a no show. Others refused to give a quote so I could not tell the cost of the project upfront.

Description of Work
Electric line repaired

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], we thank you for the favorable review! TOPTEC looks forward to serving your home in the future! Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

08/05/2019

Charles W.

Great! They came out the next day and fixed everything.

Description of Work
Check wiring to outdoor outlet and replace outlet.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you for the review! I bet you're glad it was a quick and minor fix! TOPTEC appreciates your business and we look forward to servicing your home in the future. Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

07/30/2019

Kristi J.

Very professional, friendly, clean and fast. He even fixed some bad plumbing the original installer had put in, without charging or complaining. Price was what he quoted plus a few hoses and valves that had to be replaced. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet replaced and 3 bathroom faucets replaced

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the GOOD review, Were happy you had a Excellent experience working with our Company, Please give us a call for all your: HVAC, Plumbing, Sewer and Electrical needs. Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

05/30/2019

Benjamin L.

Amazing customer service and professionalism. We have used Toptec Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, Inc. several times over the years and we have never gone wrong. I love that you are given a quote upfront before any work is completed. You will not be blindsided you are with an honest team of professionals who are always upfront about costs. We called for a leaking pipe, we were seen the same day. When the technician arrived he was able to find the leak, in a very tight spot, and fix it in no time. The tech also uncovered the source of the problem. In a short afternoon he had our pipes working and up to code. The techs even wear little shoe covers to keep your floors clean. I wouldn’t call anyone else, Toptec always wows. I am so grateful for their amazing work and prompt service!

Description of Work
Pipe leak fix

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

11/29/2018

Laura W.

I used Toptec to install my furnace. They did a great job from start to finish. Adam was very knowledgeable and business oriented.

Description of Work
HVAC service

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure taking care of your furnace service call needs. Were happy Adam was able to take care of your Issues, give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Sewer and Electrical service needs. Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

10/18/2018

Len M.

I called Top Tec Oct 4 to check my existing water heater. Steve came out and looked it over and gave me the bad news. My 9 year old water heater was shot. The next day, Steve removed my old water heater and installed a new Rheem water heater. I could not be more pleased with how quickly the work was completed and with Steve’s expertise!

Description of Work
Steve removed my old water heater and installed my new Rheem water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

10/13/2018

Michael D S.

It went great. Very professional and friendly technician. Provided tips on extending service life and problem areas to keep an eye on. Did not try to up sell or sell unneeded services.

Description of Work
Furnace and whole house humidifier inspection and tune up.

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW, It was a pleasure working in your home and we look forward to helping you with your next project. Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

10/05/2018

Cynthia Z.

Top Tec did a good job of arriving on time, explaining their work and doing it efficiently. They answered all my questions and gave me a good price.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance/inspection of furnace.

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

09/28/2018

Jason K.

Top Tec sent Steve. Fantastic experience. Really nice guy. Did good work. Excellent on communication and the price Top Tec charged was very fair. This was a great experience and I'd not hesitate to recommend Top Tec again, especially Steve.

Description of Work
needed bathroom sink waste pipe rodded

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

Thanks so much for the great review [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your feedback about your experience with Steve! If we can ever be of service in the future, Please give us a call for any of your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical & Sewer needs - Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

09/15/2018

SUSAN G.

In early August, condensation from my A/C was leaking onto my kitchen floor instead of going through a pipe to my sump pit. A service technician came and thoroughly inspected the unit where it was located, and in the crawlspace where it drained. Something was wrong with the coil, and also the pan that collects the condensation had shifted, making it spill onto the floor. We scheduled a repair, and the technician did an awesome job. He was also able to let me know if the leaking condensation had damaged any wood in the floor (thankfully not).

Description of Work
Replace a coil and pan in my A/C unit.

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for your great review and feedback. If we can ever be of service in the future, please let us know! Please give us a call for all your: HVAC, Plumbing, Sewer and Electrical needs. Ph. 847-362-0262 - "First Class Service you can Trust"

09/15/2018

SUSAN G.

The technician came out after-hours to look at my sump-pump, which was stuck in the "on" position. He got it working properly, then we discussed pros and cons of keeping a 10-year-old pump. I opted to replace, and he was back the next day, on time. He put the new unit in and tested it. Something was not right with the backup pump. He brought a whole new setup the next day and completed the job. This company has seasoned technicians who have been with them for years.

Description of Work
Repair and replace sump pump.

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

09/10/2018

Howard T.

They were on time, neat, did work well. Very professional.

Description of Work
reinstall greenhouse heating system

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

08/29/2018

Kristen T.

Leon was amazing! We had another company out a few days prior to look at our backed up drain pipe. When they arrived, they told us that the c/o pipe had to be installed outside of the house in order for them to rout and flush. They said our crawl space where the inside c/o pipe was, was not accessible, basically leaving us with no other option than a $4,700 estimate to install the c/o pipe. We wanted a second opinion. That’s when we called Top Tech. Leon arrived the next day and immediately recommended to rout out from the inside (even though the first company said this was not possible) first while using a camera to ensure there was no break in the sewer line. Even though a c/o pipe on the outside would be something beneficial in the future, we had just bought the house and were in no position to spend a lot of money. Leon and his crew came two days later and were fantastic! Not only did they clean out all the tree roots that were causing the problem, Leon was great enough to allow me to see the camera as it was going down- to ensure to myself that there was indeed no break. I felt like the previous company was trying to get a bigger job out of me, whereas Leon and Top Tech really has my best interests in mind- not just spending my money. And guess what!? It worked! He also gave me some great recommendations on things that can help with the root growth in the future. And hey, when we’re ready to get that outside c/o pipe installed- I know who I’m calling!

Description of Work
Routing of clogged drain; tree roots causing plug.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

08/20/2018

Ross D.

Toptec is a mixed bag. Their bid to install laundry hookups and a bathroom fan in my basement rooms was the most reasonable, and they got the job done fine, though their spackling needed to be redone. However, they also came back for a "free" sewer line inspection (which sounded good to me since I had just bought an old house). The plumber hid the camera from me and tried to scare me into scheduling an immediate $8000 dig to "repair" the sewer line, which would have demolished my driveway, and the price would not have included driveway repair. I said "can't it just be rodded or jetted?" and the plumber continued with the scare tactic. It seemed a little suspicious, so I had another plumber come out, they inspected and showed me the camera view. It was a few roots causing slow draining. Rodding it out and inspection cost $200. I watched the camera the whole time, and the other plumber thought there was nothing wrong with the pipe all the way out to the main. I can't recommend a company that is not honest all the time.

Description of Work
Laundry hookups, bathroom fan installation

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing