HX Home Solutions

Founded 1950 • With Angi since March 2006

HX Home Solutions is a family-owned Home Exterior Remodeling company that has been serving Northern Illinois And Southern Wisconsin Since 1950. (Unfortunately, WE DONOT PROVIDE WINDOW OR DOOR REPAIRS) We provide complete exterior remodeling including: Stone, Siding (Fiber-Cement, Stone, Vinyl &

Mundelein-9/14

window replacement (41)siding companies (32)roofing (16)interior painting (2)gutter repair (20)door installation (7)general contractors (5)masonry (4)garage doors (4)basement remodeling (1)house painting (1)home remodeling (1)

09/28/2022

S. L.

Had an excellent experience with windows, roof and garage replacement when company was owned by Dave Hacker. However, since Shaunak took over the company I have yet to be able to receive/extract enough information to even start a project with them. The most recent example being to replace a sliding patio door. A representative came out and took measurements in August. The initial estimate was provided on 8/30 for the a sliding patio door. However, the specs of the door were not what was requested (e.g. internal grid). Emails were exchanged on 8/31 concluding in the door with correct configuration being X amount more. On 9/1 I asked for price confirmation (adding initial estimate + X amount more) as well as feedback on one other option of door available to ensure i was making a fully informed decision. I didn't receive a response. So, I sent a follow up email on 9/7. Still no response. I called the office on 9/15 and spoke with Sherri who reviewed the thread of emails (they can be seen across team...not just sent to an individual person). She assured my Shaunak would address the outstanding questions. Still no response. I sent a final email on 9/21 and have still received no response. This experience is similar to when I tried to reach out to HX to replace a counter top in 2021. A representative was sent out who took measurements and stated quote could be provided when material was selected. However, no direction was provided on what steps should be taken to select material. So, not knowing any better, I went to Home Depot to get an idea of what materials and colors were available. When I contacted HX again a few weeks later with the color I was interested in it was then I was informed that I needed to schedule an appt in Elk Grove Village. There was no follow up from HX prior to me reaching back out to them nor direction on next steps of how to proceed. So if you have extra time and you're looking for the run-around and a project to go nowhere fast...then this is the contractor for you!

Description of Work
Kitchen counter top; Sliding Patio Door

Category home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 09/27/2022

08/03/2022

sunny P.

My wife and I couldn't be more happy with the completion of the basement! Shaunak and Paul, as a team, really are fair, extremely friendly and their team that is involved are all skilled and efficiently get the work done. Our basement took around 4-5 months for the entire process. Shaunak is the business man behind it while Paul and his team do the actual physical construction. What I liked about them is that they don't just come here to finish a job. They are very family oriented, trust worthy, kind, and provide great suggestions as to why or why not we should do something; whether or not they make money on it. The resources that Paul's team uses such as the wood floor guy, electrician, etc are also very knowledgeable and they complete their work as according to schedule. I can't wait to use them again for our future home project. Paul and Shaunak, I will surely be suggesting you to other family friends that need assistance in their home as you guys are outstanding!! Keep it up!!

Description of Work
We wanted our basement to be finished

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2022

03/19/2022

Mark H.

Shaunak and his team are fantastic. They worked endlessly on our behalf to get us what we needed at a price that was fair. For the things they don't do outright, Shauank has connections for just about anything we needed. In a world of no-shows and price gouging contractors HX is a rare find.

Description of Work
Roofing, Window Installation, Masonry work

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/19/2022

07/28/2021

Nick S.

HX does amazing work and I couldn't be happier with the results! Shaunak and team listen to your needs, are great communicators throughout the process and deliver the results they promise. I hired them for a roof replacement that was completed on schedule, on budget and looks fantastic. I'll absolutely be working with HX on my next home project.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

04/19/2021

Kevn D.

HX installed a garage window for us as well as a side garage door entrance in the fall of 2020. Their planning was impeccable and their execution matched their planning. The window and door added nice value to our home but, more importantly, their professionalism and friendliness made it a joy to have them in our home. We reached out to them again this spring to help with an exterior painting project, which helped us sell our home. Their quotes are accurate with no surprises and their work is excellent. Without hesitation, we recommend HX. Everyone we work with from this business is a pleasure to encounter. HX is a 5 out of 5 and worth every dollar they cost. You will be thrilled with their work and their personnel.

Description of Work
Exterior door, window and painting

Category garage doors, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

10/13/2020

John S.

HX Home Solutions did excellent work from the beginning to the end. Had been looking for custom pocket door replacement. They custom built pair of solid oak 8 panel doors. Expertly installed them and added a closet. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Replace pocket door and add closet

Category contractors, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

05/19/2020

Catherine W.

They've been very responsive and answered all my questions. I have been the one to follow up with them.

Description of Work
The house is forty years old. It's been at least twenty since it was last stained. There's 1,000 to 1,300 square feet of cedar siding.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

05/07/2020

Eric W.

Shaunak, Phil, the carpenters and the masons were all easy to work with, professional, straightforward and skilled. Quality workmanship completed on the timeline outlined. Will be first choice if needed for anything else.

Description of Work
Exterior stone veneer

Category contractors, masonry

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Review for HX Home Solutions - 1840 Industrial Drive, Libertyville, IL - 38547512

05/05/2020

Linda A.

Very professional company. The owner Shaunak helped us with everything. We love the color of the siding which was custom. The installers were fast and neat. Our neighbors have complimented us so many time over the last few weeks about the change in our home.

Description of Work
New siding, roofing, gutters and a few windows

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

04/07/2020

Kathy L.

Their masons just completed putting on stone veneer siding brick by brick all around the base of our home and did some tuck-pointing on our chimney. It came out absolutely beautiful! These guys are meticulous and got everything perfect. Thank you Shaunak for all your patience and help in the selection process, and for addressing all of our concerns in a very timely manner. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
stone siding

Category masonry, siding

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

03/09/2020

Stan W.

We are extremely happy with HX, for their professionalism (from day1 ) and quality workmanship. As with any project there are always bumps in the road, which were handled immediately and expeditiously. Shaunak and the entire crew were outstanding throughout the entire project. We would recommend HX for any project, and we will be using them in the future for additional projects.

Description of Work
We had a previous contractor who was supposed to do replacement windows, siding and gutters, however all the work and money spent was for NAUGHT. The windows were incorrectly installed, the siding was incorrectly installed and the gutters were totally wrong. HX came out to inspect the issues and ended up redoing the entire project. New Marvin windows, New Hardi Plank siding and new gutters. Garage doors and roofing completed the project. We were extremely happy with HX for all the corective work they did.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

02/27/2020

Ken E.

Owner was knowledgeable and professional in the informational and pricing stage, job was started and finished on schedule and as promised, job foreman was amazing in his workmanship and attention to detail and perfection, owner visited and inspected job on a regular basis. We could not be happier or more pleased with the entire experience.

Description of Work
HX Home Solutions provided James Hardie siding and trim, Marvin windows and patio door, soffits and gutters

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/10/2018

02/08/2020

Karen S.

Shaunak and his team were awesome! We had exterior stone added to our house. They worked with us on a custom trim design, which we really love. Looking forward to working with them again in the future for an interior stone project.

Description of Work
Exterior Stone Siding

Category masonry, siding

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for HX Home Solutions - 1840 Industrial Drive, Libertyville, IL - 38376826

02/07/2020

Mark R.

My project went very well. The workmanship was excellent & was done on time. Their pricing estimate was on point except for a few surprises from prior vendors that could not be known until after the job started. They did a nice job of charging a reasonable price to cover most of these surprises. Also there was questionable stone & flashing work done by the previous HX Stone owner >10 yrs ago. When I called them up to discuss this, they were concerned as they felt their reputation was on the line. They corrected the situation in a very satisfactory manner & made nice price adjustments to cover this. Based on this work, their desire to do this & also their professionalism, I gave them the entire project, which initially I had no intention to do. Because of the short term turnaround to complete the job, one negative item is that we could not schedule everything in its most logical path. This caused inconveniences more than anything else.

Description of Work
Roofing & Gutters, insulation, stone repair, chimney flashing, electrical

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

02/05/2020

Minerva T.

They are very good, excellent salesman, owner and especially the people who installed the windows.

Description of Work
Replaced windows of the whole house

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

11/15/2019

Syed H.

Great! I had a damaged bedroom window (leaking, external siding damaged). I was in contact with Shaunak, who explained how the damage can lead to further water damage than what it already had caused. Upon reviewing all details and the estimate, I hired HX and had them order my desired window. Once the window arrived, the workers that HX sent explained what they were doing and were very courteous. They fixed the new window, installed an aluminum cover for my external siding, and walked me through what they did before leaving. The next day, they sent their in-house painter to touch up the trim that they had matched and stained beforehand. Once he left, the job was completed. The window looks great and feels like it has upgraded my bedroom. I definitely would recommend their services and will hire HX for future projects for my home.

Description of Work
Window replacement/installation

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/09/2019

07/29/2019

SUSAN P.

We were extremely pleased with Shaunak and his team! The new doors on our lakeside home turned out beautifully! Shaunak was so great to work with thru the entire process - very personable & responsive. Other companies we consulted tried to convince us not go with the sliding doors. Shaunak listened carefully to us and came up with an inspired suggestion to go with one very large set of sliding doors (8 feet tall x 12 feet) in our main living area which we absolutely love! Attention to detail was outstanding. Hx Home Solutions receives our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Replaced 5 sets of french doors with sliding doors & screens, installed new header, drywall work, custom staining, repaired malfunctioning window

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

07/16/2019

John G.

Excellent, skilled, professional service

Description of Work
Gutter Replacment

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

01/27/2019

Troy R.

Shaunuk was incredibly helpful in educating me on my woodpecker and siding issues and making multiple recommendations with my best interest in mind (including not using his services!). A true professional with high integrity.

Description of Work
Siding, woodpecker repair, gutters, deck

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 01/27/2019

07/31/2018

Ed C.

We were delighted with the service, from the estimating to the final walk through after completion. Shaunak Ahuja was our primary contact, and the entire team took excellent care of us throughout the entire process. We give Hackers Exteriors the highest possible recommendation for your home improvement or repair project.

Description of Work
Exterior repair, Roofing, Gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

04/30/2017

Kenneth W.

We wanted this work done in early spring. Dave got it scheduled at our convenience. His two-person crew were very hard workers- we were amazed at how much they got done each day. On day 1 they removed all of the old siding, gutters, and trim and put up house wrap around the entire house so it would be protected in the event of rain. When they installed the new siding and trim, they always did more than expected- by adding little extra pieces of trim that improved the look- really gave it a much better appearance than we had with the old siding job. The job took about 10 working days. Every day the crew did a nice job of clean up and a very good clean up at the end. Dave was always available by phone or email if we had questions and he stopped by the job site multiple times to keep an eye on the project and make sure communications were accurate. We were very satisfied with what we thought was a Grade A job...then the building inspector showed up for final inspection. He reinforced our opinion, saying that as soon as he saw "Hacker Exteriors" on the building permit he knew that the job would have been done right. During our initial planning discussions and throughout the job Dave provided advice and guidance on what would work the best for us- he gently pointed out some choices that might be better than our initial ideas (and they were not ones that were just cost add ons).

Description of Work
Complete replacement of old siding with new fiber cement siding and trim. This included removoing and replacing all damaged or rotted fascia and soffit boards. New gutters were also installed, as well as a new storm door.

Category gutter repair, siding, doors

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

01/28/2017

Morgan G.

I was very satisfied with the overall project. Dave Hacker was on top of all the details throughout the project, rescheduling or expediting as needed. Made good recommendations on materials and design. Quality of the workmanship was excellent. Roofing contractor deserves extra kudos for making last minute adjustments to add supporting joists to existing structure after removal of damaged plywood. Excellent cleanup each day and completed sections and weatherproofed as needed to protect from rain over 3 day period.

Description of Work
Hardieboard siding, architectural shingles, gutters, downspouts and garage door replacement.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

Review for HX Home Solutions - 1840 Industrial Drive, Libertyville, IL - 36174254

10/11/2016

Wendy B.

Arrived on time and spent a significant amount of time reviewing product, service, and need. Quote came in $2,000.00 less than 1 competitor and $600 more than another. We went with the company that was $600 less but it was a difficult decision.

Description of Work
Called for a quote for a new roof.