SOUTH SUBURBAN HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING INC

Founded 1954 • With Angi since March 2009

2914 BERNICE AVE

Lansing, IL 60438

EMPLOYEES - 10 ADDITIONAL ADDRESS - PO BOX 975....

06/05/2017

Jennifer T.

Install was done as scheduled and company followed up to make sure ac was working properly

Description of Work
New Furnace and AC with new line ran for AC

04/13/2017

Marianne T.

Excellent! Very professional, knowledgeable, courteous. Made entire process go very smoothly. On time. Left no mess. Processed all paperwork for rebates and registration. Made sure you understood how to use and maintain all the new equipment Made follow-up call to see if you were satisfied with new equipment and installation

Description of Work
New furnace, AC, thermostat and humidifier.

01/04/2017

Stephanie C.

Description of Work
He came he looked at my thermostat and he told me what was wrong he fixed it and he charged me zero cents.

Cassandra B.

I have not had to replace the furnace for 12 years because they have come out and performed adequate maintenance every time. They have been more than helpful when taking care of the furnace.

Description of Work
For heating, I use South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. They come out early winter for the annual furnace check to make sure everything is operating. Unfortunately over a 12 year period, I have had situations where the burner in the furnace stopped working and they came in and instead of replacing it, they have actually cleaned the burners for me and made minor adjustments because that was the result of water in the basement.

Cassandra B.

I have utilized them for the past 12 years. Every year they come and service my furnace.

Description of Work
For heating, I use South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. I had them come out because I was having them check my furnace and water heater because I had water in my basement.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Cassandra B.

I called them on a weekend and first thing Monday morning, someone called me back. Every experience has been to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
For heating, I started using South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. They came out for a check.

09/30/2015

Barbara M.

Description of Work
They are installing a new furnance for us. Very reasonably priced and a professional company to work with! They are installing an entire new system- AC, Furnace and control panel.

08/24/2015

Richard W.

Very well. Would recommend to others. wishes prices were a little lower but other than that great!

Description of Work
AC repair

07/30/2015

Cassandra J.

Description of Work
I used them to correct the problems caused by another company that improperly installed a new boiler in an apartment building I own. They quickly diagnosed the issues and corrected them. Very knowledgeable and courteous technicians. I used them again when pipes froze in an empty apartment because the thermostat battery died when I was out of town. Radiators had to be repaired and replaced. Again, I was pleased with the work. The price seems to be pretty commensurate with other vendors. They made recommendations for ways my system could operate more efficiently which was appreciated.

07/17/2013

LaTanya B.

Heat was getting worse and we needed air condition ASAP! We talked to about 5 different companies and this one was the best. Dave came and talked to my husband and he was very thorough about everything we would need and why we needed it. We advised him of what the other companies offered and he worked with us to make sure that he was comparable and we would be happy. We were more than happy to accept his estimate. Tony came out for the install and was so Awesome! He advised us of everything they were doing before they did it and he explained really patiently how to program and use our new thermostat before leaving. We've had it for less then a week but we can already feel the difference! This is by far one of the best purchases we've made since buying our home! We are very happy! We will definitely use them again and will refer them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installed new central air unit for house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(deleted member name), We are very pleased that you are happy with your new air conditioner and the installation. I agree, Tony is Awsome, (and his helper Dave). We try and make sure that the homeowner knows everything we are doing to thier home, and that they fully understand the operation of thier new system. We are glad we could be of service during this HOT July season. Thanks for the great review, we are always here if you need us, Sincerely, Gary Meter

06/18/2013

Ruth M.

Wonderful service and workmanship. Removed all debris from the old equipment, area was cleaner than before. We are very satisfied with the new equipment. The Village building commissioner/code enforcer even asked for the company's business cards.

Description of Work
Removed old furnace, humidifier and air conditioner, and installed new furnace, humidifier and air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(deleted member name), Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you were very satisfied with the installation of your new system. Please know that we are always here to serve you and answer any questions you may have. Gary Meter

04/20/2013

Cassandra B.

I was very glad to see Bruce. The temperature was falling outside. He arrived just in time!

Description of Work
Due to the heavy rain my furnace was subjected to water in my basement. I called after hours on Thurs and left a message. Dave called promptly Fri morning to schedule the service call. Bruce arrived approximately one hour later as scheduled and completed the necessary work in less than one hour. I trust this company."

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], Thank you very much for the review. It is very unfortunate that many homes in your area had flooding from the past rains. We always strive to perform promt, quality service. I am glad we were able to help you out. Thanks again. Gary Meter

12/11/2012

Anthony B.

The estimator, Dave, spent approximately one hour going over requirements, verifying sizing, and explaining different options. I knew what type of system I wanted, consequently it did not take very long to arrive at a price. South Suburban included a 10 year parts and labor warranty, handling all of the paperwork for utility energy rebates, installation permits, etc. We scheduled installation for two weeks later. The install went smoothly. The crew leader, Tony, arrived within ten minutes of the agreed upon time and started preparatory work. The other two crew members, Rick and Bruce, arrived an hour later in separate trucks. The three of them worked well together and all appeared to be experienced and knowledgeable. One worked outside on the air conditioner. The other two worked on the sheet metal and furnace inside. All were friendly and answered my questions as the job progressed. They were finished in a little over seven hours. The job was very well done with everything plumb and level. When they left, I did not find any debris, screws, wire insulation or bits of metal left behind. In other words, they cleaned up very well. Overall, my expectations for a highly rated Angie's list contractor were met.

Description of Work
Replaced a 23 year old furnace, air conditioner, humidifier with a high efficiency, variable speed furnace, air conditioner, humidifier.

07/07/2012

Danielle S.

I didn't have any dislikes at all. They were fantastic. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use South Suburban for heating & A/C services. They put in a new air conditioning unit, new chimney liner, and new air return.

06/29/2012

jim C.

They installed the boilers in the house so I always go back to them.

Description of Work
We have two boilers in this house. They came and did a complete check. They went over the entire system with me and told me wear to shut it off if we had water or mineral buildup.

05/31/2012

Cassandra B.

Their prices are reasonable in my opinion. I purchased through them and when I had to replace the air conditioner I had them perform that service for me. I've used them in the past to service the furnace and that's why I continue to use them. I would stay with South Suburban. I don't have any reason to look for another service provider for my furnace and air conditioner.

Description of Work
I had South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning Inc come out and do maintenance on my furnace. They are coming back to perform seasonal check on my air conditioner. The guy had to clean the furnace and it appeared that there was some sort of residue built up on the starter, the furnace would start, but it wouldn't kick.

10/09/2011

Laura K.

They came out in a timely fashion and were able to fix it immediately. We were very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Water pump repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,dog fence

It is our pleasure to serve you!

10/06/2011

jim C.

I've been using them since I moved into this house about 3 years ago. They have always been fair and accurate. They have always been here when I've needed them. They offer maintenance agreements which have saved me a good deal of money.

Description of Work
I use South Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning for my heating and air conditioning needs.

08/25/2011

Susan E.

they worked with me on payment and helped me in every way they could. they came when they were supposed to and their employees were very friendly and professional. would absolutely refer and use again

Description of Work
they put in a new furnace and air condition unit in my house

07/15/2011

Stephen D.

Very smooth! Very detailed!

Description of Work
Ductwork installation

03/26/2009

Kim W.

They made sure that my furnace was running properly before I turned it on for the winter. They've been doing yearly checks since they installed my furnace in 2006. My experience with them has been great. They are very professional and clean up after themselves. They explain everything well. They are very punctual. My furnace runs perfectly.

Description of Work
South Suburban Heating came out to do an annual check on my furnace.

R.A. Plumbing & Mechanical

R.A. Plumbing & Mechanical, in Frankfort, IL, is the area's leading plumbing company since 2015. Our plumbers specialize in plumbing, sewage and sump pumps, new construction, water heaters and much more! For more information, contact R.A. Plumbing & Mechanical in Frankfort.

Offers by R.A. Plumbing & Mechanical on Angi
    Coyn Mechanical

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Heating and Air Conditioning services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Offers by Coyn Mechanical on Angi
    DRF Water Heating Solutions

***As a recognized Essential Services Business, WE ARE OPEN to assist you with your water heater and plumbing needs!*** DRF is Chicagoland's leading installer of tankless and conventional hot water heaters. We are also specialists in tankless water heaters. DRF Water Heating Solutions is licensed in plumbing, RPZ/Backflow prevention and irrigation/sprinkler systems. DRF is a utility company trade ally that provides energy efficiency assessments and improvements to residential, commercial and multi-familty properties with guaranteed financial and energy savings. 2009 national Home Depot Service Provider of the Year. 2010 recipient of the the Business Ledger’s Annual Awards for Business Excellence. Better Business Bureau A+ rating. 2011 and 2012 Home Depot Store Choice Mechanical Service Provider of the Year. Recognized by Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program and Energy Solutions Center for custom energy-saving design-build solutions. IDPH plumbing license # 055-028138. Call by 2 p.m. weekdays or noon on Saturdays and have your service performed the same day. 24-hour emergency service.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, GEO-THERMAL HEATING & COOLING, HEATING CONTRACTORS, HEATING EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS CLEANING & REPAIR, AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS, AIR CONDITIONING CLEANING AND REPAIR, SHEET METAL FABRICATION, VENTILATION, EXHAUST SYSTEMS, SOLAR HEATING, RADIANT HEATING, HOT WATER HEATING SYTEMS CLEANING AND REPAIR. INDOOR AIR QUALITY