Lake Cook Plumbing

Founded 1954 • With Angi since July 2007

4.3

1155 Ensell Rd

Lake Zurich, IL 60047

Worrying about a pipe leak, a faulty water heater, or a clogged drain? Reach out to the Buffalo Grove plumbers from Lake Cook Plumbing. Since 1954, the plumbing company has been an important fixture in the lives of residents and business owners throughout Lake County. From drain cleaning services to leak detection, plumbing fixture installation, pipe repairs, garbage disposal services, gas line services, and more, the company’s plumbing experts have got you covered. Equipped with only the best tools and materials, Lake Cook Plumbing ensures a job done right every time. The plumbing team provides upfront pricing at the start of every job to avoid any surprises after the work is complete. Call now to schedule a service. Lake Cook Plumbing can work around your schedule 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, especially for emergency plumbing services such as frozen pipes, toilet and drain clogs, gas line repairs, mainline service and repair, as well as basement pump outs. All repairs and services are backed by worry-free guarantees to ensure 100% satisfaction....

03/10/2018

Lizbeth P.

I knew the faucets were still under warranty so contacted Kohler in Wisconsin directly. They diagnosed the problem via email and sent me any and all parts that they thought would help. I then contacted Lake Cook Plumbing to install the parts. They sent out Mike E., who had been to my house a few times before; as always, he was punctual, polite and professional. He fixed the faucets, using the parts Kohler had sent to me, and was in and out of the house in less than an hour. The problem arose the more I thought about what I had been charged for his services: there was a $177 "diagnostic charge" up front and then a $175 charge for labor (no charge for parts, obviously, as I supplied them). We ended up paying $328.43, after a $25 credit (gift card) had been applied. I felt the diagnostic charge was unfair as Mike didn't really have to diagnose the problem---the Kohler people had already done that, correctly, as it turned out. I ended up talking to Steve, the owner of the business; and he agreed that the diagnostic charge had been unfairly applied in this particular case, offered to refund the $177, and encouraged me to call him personally if I ever had a problem in the future. I really couldn't have asked for better customer service and will continue to use Lake Cook Plumbing for my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Two bathroom faucets were spinning around, not turning water off and on.

12/02/2017

Peter M.

The work took three days to diagnose and complete. During that time, Jeremy and his associate Brian (who came on the third day) were unfailingly polite, prompt, efficient and courteous. They explained what they were doing and why, and what it would cost before proceeding. They also did a great job cleaning up before they left.

Description of Work
Water was backing up in our house, with the toilet overflowing. Plumber Jeremy came to the house quickly and was able to diagnose the problem as a broken connection between our house's pipes and the city sewer. Jeremy told me that they would have to dig up the broken connection and replace it. During the process, he also replaced an old, worn-out toilet.

10/16/2017

Laurie W.

We called and in 2 hours Casey arrived and replaced our current sump pump and it only took him 30 minutes. Our area had just encountered 10" of constant rain in a 24 hour timeframe. Other companies would not come to assist us. We were extremely happy with everything from the office, technician and the installation.

Description of Work
Emergency service to replace a Sump Pump in residence.

Category

08/24/2017

Christopher B.

They didn't do anything and I kicked them out. I bet they scam people all the time. When they give you a price, I would check it online, because they had their lies down to a science.

Description of Work
My sink is backing up when I run my dishwasher. The guy comes in looks at my sink and gives me options of either 400 to route it to 1000 dollars for a new garbage disposal. I was on homedepot website finding garbage disposals for under 100 dollars for the part. So 900 in labor? I don't know what scam they are running but I just kicked them out of my house. And they still wanted 50 bucks to come over to do nothing. I will never use them again.

Category plumbing

Good Morning, We are extremely disappointed that you did not receive the experience you were expecting. Here at Lake Cook Plumbing, our mission is to provide outstanding plumbing services to all of our customers on each and every contact. We will be contacting you soon to discuss this situation and find a resolution. Kind Regards, Lake Cook Plumbing

07/20/2017

Beverly S.

When my sump pump stopped working, even before 8 am, I looked for a close-by plumber. I noticed Lake Cook Plumbing had all A reviews. The receptionist was very pleasant because she greeted me so positively. She set up her earliest appointment at 2Pm.. I told her I could probably live with that because whatever will happen will happen. A half hour later, she called to let me know Brian was on his way--he finished his last job early. She sent me a picture of Brian and his credentials. Brian arrived, asseted the situation, did a plumbing inspection of the water heater and turn off valves, sat down and gave me many suggestions and price ranges what could correct the situation. I chose one; he had to go to the satellite dealer for parts, returned and finished the job. It was a flat fee and warranted. When finished, he called me down to explain how the system worked and what I should expect. Brian was personable, efficient, knowledgeable, and worked and sweated hard to finish the job. My day turned out great knowing I had selected the correct plumber for my needs.

Description of Work
Sump pump and battery needed replacement

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you, We truly appreciate your kind words about our technician Brian. We take pride in our technicians they're the heart of our company and our family and friends are the customers we serve. All of us here at Lake Cook Plumbing want to thank you for letting us take care of your plumbing needs. We look forward to a taking care of your future plumbing needs. Kind Regards, Lake Cook Plumbing

04/27/2017

Philip G.

The house is newer and there wasn't any disposal to remove. Young plumber came out pretty much on time. Gave me a quote of OVER $550 to install a new disposal that I PROVIDED. I thought that was extremely expensive and told him. He called his boss and I was offered two (2) $25 coupons (total of $50) towards the work. $500 was still way overpriced. I declined the work and was charged $49 for the service call. I asked for a quote over the phone when I first called their office. They said they come out and look before giving an estimate. So I got charged $49 and didn't have any work completed. I have owned a service business for over 57 years. I got another plumber to complete the same work for $165. BUYER BEWARE.

Description of Work
Install a new garbage disposal under sink

04/17/2017

Laura R.

I will definitely have them come back to install a new spicket on my outdoor faucet and route my bathroom tub. Truly a wonderful company to work with. I highly recommend them! So for those of you with older homes, you can trust them to treat your home with tender loving care! Thank you Lake Cook Plumbing!!!!!

Description of Work
I have a very old home. My Kitchen sink was clogged and then some; of course on Easter weekend. A different plumber I initially had come out broke a pipe and gave me an estimate which was out of this world. This was unacceptable due to him causing most of the problem. Needless to say, I fired him. I called Lake Cook Plumbing for a second opinion. Steve the owner was incredibly patient and he kindly listened to all my frustrations. He sent Casey out the next morning for a second opinion and estimate. Casey was wonderful, patient and very professional! He was no slacker and got the job done quickly and efficiently. I Love this company!

01/11/2017

Jessica R.

the were very professional, came on time, explained everything thoroughly and we would recommend them for sure!

Description of Work
They put in a new hot water tank.

Category water heater repair

02/01/2016

Christopher B.

They Claimed That They're Gonna Fix The Break. A Different Plumber Came Out But Wanted To Charge Another Arm And Leg To Fix What They Broke, But Oh, They'll Discount Me $100...Such Poor Customer Service, And Way Overcharged.

Description of Work
They Broke Piping And Way Overcharged Just To Fix A Clogged Drain And Would Have Charged Another $500 To Fix The Pipe He Broke.

12/17/2015

Leonor S.

I was not too happy because he came and he did the job and ended up charging me more. He took about 15 minutes to fix my toilet. They returned the money though. After he left he realized that he made the mistake. He said he could check my furnace and he said the furnace was too old and that I would need to change it soon. He said my humidifier was not working but someone came and showed my husband what to do and it was an easy fix. He gave me an estimate on how much the furnace would be. I got a second opinion and he said the furnace was fine. He knew what he was doing and he was very good.

11/17/2015

DR LAURA P.

Big Deal. Turns out we're not in their provider area. Clearly we can't rate them. They responded reasonably quickly.

Description of Work
nothing

09/23/2015

Valerie F.

Our bathtub in our upstairs bathroom was leaking and we noticed that it had caused a small crack in our living room ceiling. We wanted a plumber to come out to stop the leak. Based on his description, he replaced a valve, replaced a seat, and greased and re-packed stems. After the work was completed, he said that he gave us a senior discount and the total was $279 on top of the $99 that we paid to buy the deal. He came and left so fast and before he left, I asked if we could use our tub because we hadn't used it in 6-7 months because of that crack in the ceiling. He assured us that there were no problems and that it was perfectly fine to use. The next morning, we heard a loud noise from downstairs. The ceiling had fallen through and there was a large hole in the ceiling and water was leaking through the ceiling. So it became evident that not only did he not fix the leak, but he had created a much larger problem. I had called the office immediately about this issue and also asked them if the people they sent out are technicians or plumbers. They assured me that they only send out plumbers and that the plumber did everything correctly. They said if they were to come back out to look at the problem and see if it was caused by what the plumber had done, that they would charge me an additional $50 just to come out and look at it. He asked for pictures of our roof and I emailed him pictures. They have not made any attempt to come out to look at what happened and have not even given us the decency to even look at the gaping hole in my ceiling. I am now out $400 and have to get the roof fixed and I do not know what to do.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for $200 Credit Toward Plumbing Services, Including a Whole House Plumbing Evaluation.

09/14/2015

Lynne R.

Professional and efficient. Thank you!

Description of Work
Fixed plumbing issues

08/17/2015

Kenneth F.

We originally had them out to install a sink and replace the main shut off for the house. While the plumber was here doing the work the main drain in the basement backed up with standing water. I asked him if he could help unclog the drain and he did clear a clog so the water went down. I asked if he should run it out again to make sure that was the problem and his response was "no that was the issue, did you see how the water went down" The cost for 75 feet of clean out was $445, which seemed high, but I had to have it fixed. This past Saturday, just 9 days after the original work the drain backed up again. I had to call them back out to redo the clearing of the main sewer line. This technician called the office to see if he could do it at no charge since they had just been out and obviously roots don't grow that fast as to re clog the pipe. The Boss said no, no guarantee, so I was forced to pay another $530 for the trip charge and the rodding of the drain. This was ridiculous and should have been done right the first time. The inside work they do is pretty good, but their prices are too high in my opinion compared to other shops listed here.

Description of Work
Our main sewer line was clogged and needed to be rodded out. It was not done right the first time and I was charged another trip charge and billed $432 to have the work corrected.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

08/01/2015

Glen K.

The work was completed and they did a fine was job. I paid more than the big deal of $99 because they installed a kitchen sink and put in a new counter top on the sink and they installed a garbage disposal. I don?t remember them doing the whole house plumbing inspection which was included in the big deal. The work was done very well and no issues with any of their work. We needed a new part for the kitchen sink and I believe they charged me $200 for it but I could have gone to Home Depot and got it for $30. So it was a lot and I was not happy about that. I will get a quote first and I guess I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used the big deal of Lake Cook Plumbing Service Inc.

06/22/2015

lois S.

This seemed to be a problem with the Angie's List software. Since this was a plumbing problems I lost crucial time.

Description of Work
No service was provided. I was out of their service area. They let me know right away. I don't know why they were even listed in my search results.

06/17/2015

mehruf M.

Costly and didnt tell the cost ahead of time.. said fixed the toilet, but was leaking again after 2 months.. very poor qualit for cost

Description of Work
Had to come the second time to have the leak looked up again. Second time he came in and did'nt tell me teh cost and finally charged $300 additional.

06/16/2015

Luda C.

Workers were very professional. We needed our shower faucet handle replaced and decided to replace an outdated sump pump at the same time since the plumber was here. The price for the work was fair and everything tested fine when the plumber was on site, unfortunately, the back up pump started setting off an alarm the next day. The solution was to also replace the back-up pump, which we knew was a possibility. We purchased our house a year ago and the inspection showed that the battery and back-up pump were way passed their expected life. Lake Cook Plumbing installed a completely new system, again for a fair price, which was the price we were expecting to pay in the long run to replace the sump pump, back up pump and battery.

Description of Work
Fixed Shower faucet handle. Replaced sump pump.

Category plumbing, wells

06/05/2015

Ed L.

Overpriced and very demanding and unprofessional

Description of Work
estimate

05/27/2015

mary P.

Took less than 10 minutes with a rod. No need to take apart the toilet.

Description of Work
Unstop toilet

04/13/2015

Betsey S.

The service was great, the plumber was professional.

Description of Work
the plumber fixed a leaky faucet in the bathroom sink and the over flow in the bathtub that was leaking down into the bathroom downstairs.

03/31/2015

Tom B.

It was fine. They were easy to schedule. They came when they said they would.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $99 for $200 worth of plumbing services. They unclogged some drains.

03/23/2015

Peter M.

It was very good. They were prompt and courteous, came when they were supposed to, did the work and didn't leave a mess or anything like that. I thought the price was reasonable.

03/10/2015

CASMEIR K.

The house is 27 years old and they did a pretty nice job. It turned out to be quite expensive but it was something that we had to have it done because we were selling the house. We had someone inspect the house. They found a couple of things that were wrong so we had to have it corrected. They did a good job but they were kind of expensive. I don’t know if I could recommend them.

Description of Work
They did the two toilets that were loose. They replaced a couple of boards and tightened up the toilets.

02/10/2015

Casey B.

Took a total of 2 hours. Pipe repair took 15 minutes. Paperwork, inspection and sales pitch/estimate took remainder of the time.

Description of Work
Fix a toilet pipe leak. Inspected house plumbing.

AA Vintage Custom Soft Water

We are a small family business with over 45 years serving the NW Suburbs of Chicago. We supply water softeners, iron/sulfur filters, carbon filters, and reverse osmosis drinking systems. We offer custom-built products to meet your specific water needs! We are able to offer low prices due to our streamlined process of ordering custom-made systems. We also offer installation and delivery only options for do it your selfers!

Intelligent Service: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Drain Cleaning

Intelligent Service has spent the last 40+ years building and maintaining a reputation as the premier licensed home mechanical services company in the Northwest Suburbs and Chicagoland area. Our 24/7 one-stop shop offers services in Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Drain Cleaning. We are committed to providing professional expertise, enthusiastic service and most importantly lasting solutions! As a family business, we certainly understand your home is your greatest investment and Intelligent honors this belief in numerous ways. Whether our technicians are rolling out the red carpet upon entering your household or calling ahead to confirm arrival time, we pride ourselves on the commitment to providing the customer with a WOW service.

Apex Plumbing Pros

Apex is a high quality, full service plumbing company, specializing in both residential and commercial plumbing repair, installation and service throughout Chicagoland and Northwestern Illinois. We pride ourselves on providing the most reliable service and completing all projects in a timely manner.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Installation and replacement of water heaters, sump pumps, ejector pumps, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, sewer and water service, maintenance and emergency drain rodding, faucet repair & replacement.

Septic tanks pumped out & well pump service.