Comfort Keepers Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2003

41 E Main St Ste 150

Lake Zurich, IL 60047

Comfort Keepers Inc. is a customer focused heating and air-conditioning company that was originally started in 2001. We employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Chicago's Northwest Suburbs. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and

08/19/2015

Nancy G.

We are purchasing a home and completed a home inspection. The inspector raised some concerns in his report on the HVAC system and suggested we hire HVAC specialists to provide an expert opinion. Requested an inspection of HVAC system from Comfort Keepers so we could have this expert opinion on the status of the system, if any repairs were needed and why. Explained that we were the buyers of the house and needed to provide an explanation to the seller to receive a credit for the repairs. First issue - the chimney exhaust is currently not to code because a closet was built around chimney and wood framing is mere inches from chimney. Home inspector said this is a fire hazard. Comfort Keepers shrugged their shoulders and said "nothing's happened yet. I doubt your house will burn down." First red flag. Second issue - Comfort Keepers explained that the boiler was constructed with asbestos because that was common back in the day. Fine. No big deal. Of course, if it ever needed to be replaced it must be done with extreme care. However, he then explained that he does not know what the problem with asbestos is anyways. He says, "I've been working around it for years and I don't have horns growing out of my head." Second red flag. Third issue - when we received the "report" it was merely an estimate. It only stated that X, Y, Z needs to be replaced and the estimated costs. No explanation. No details. Not useful at all when we need to show this to the seller to explain why these repairs must be made. Fourth issue - I called and emailed and call Comfort Keepers' office multiple times. Even got to the point that I wrote out a very detailed outline of what I was looking for so this could be sent on to the real estate attorneys. It has been 2 weeks. Never received it. Never requesting their services again.

Description of Work
HVAC inspection

01/26/2015

SUSAN H.

On time, friendly, thorough - noticed humidifier not plugged in.

Description of Work
Seasonal furnace tune-up. Furnace check Fall & Spring for 1 price.

10/04/2014

Jerrold S.

Because of the dependable service, recommended by my daughter who also uses them, I have used their services for several years. I also became a member of their gold club which has been excellent.

Description of Work
I have two high efficient furnaces that I had them check, service and adjust every fall and spring. They also maintain my lake house air conditioning. This service has protected me form any heating and air conditioning problems for many years.

09/15/2014

T N.

When we turned on the AC this year, we discovered lots of condensation water dripped out of the bottom of the basement unit. We contacted our home warranty company who told us the furnace was not level and any work out not be done under the home warranty. We did not know what company had installed the unit because no information had been left on the owners manual or the furnace itself, so we paid the home warranty contractor's firm to place shims under the unit, which would direct the water to the condensation outlet. When the leaking continued about a week later, I contacted the factory to trace the installation company to see if they would stand behind their installation. The factory referred me to the distributor, who then gave me the name of the installing firm. I called Comfort Keepers to explain the situation and the phone person assured me that the company would stand behind their installation. They did. Larry and Ted were very helpful. They completed the work started by the other company and comped us for the cash that we had to pay for the home warranty contractor. Comfort Keepers dropped the ball when they did not leave their name on the furnace unit, and they may have installed the unit out of level ( but that is not clear because the problem was not observed in previous cooling seasons). Nevertheless, the company got the problem fixed and made us whole, so we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Comfort Keepers adjusted what may have been an incorrect installation, which caused AC condensation to leak from the unit. This was done when the unit was installed two to three years ago for a different owner and the work was incompletely done by another contractor.

08/19/2014

Renee H.

Even though he had to drive a long distance, Larry came out and did a thorough job of inspecting my furnace and giving me options and recommendations. He indicated that a new furnace was not really needed (unless I wanted to go with a high efficiency furnace) for at least another 2 years. This was a lot different story than the other company who had told me I should replace it immediately! I would highly recommend Larry Penar and Comfort Keepers. To find someone who is knowledgeable (he even teaches the trade at Oakton Community College) and honest is rarity these days. I will definitely use his company when I do finally need to replace me furnace!

Description of Work
I recently was told that I needed a new furnace by another company and had some doubts as to whether this was true. Another contractor gave me the name of Larry Penar at Comfort Keepers in Lake Zurich as someone who was knowledgeable and honest.

02/03/2014

TOM S.

They were professional and timely. I was satisfied. Everything seems to be working well, especially in this extreme weather we having this year.

Description of Work
Installed two new furnaces and air conditioning units.

09/12/2013

Joan J.

He was very good. Very nice arrived on time even early and was personable.

Description of Work
Checked all air conditioner units

05/13/2013

Jeff T.

I purchased a Big Deal service and I have attempted to contact this company on multiple occasions. They have never returned a telephone call or responded to my email requests to schedule my pre-paid Big Deal purchase. Their communication is a total failure and I cannot comment on the actual work since they won't respond to any of my attempts to schedule them.

Description of Work
This provider is completely unresponsive. They have not responded to any phone calls or emails to schedule my Big Deal purchased service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I do apologize for the trouble you seem to be having, unfortunately we have never received any messages from you. Also, I'm not sure what happened, but we do not service the city of Chicago.

12/28/2012

Thomas W.

The technician was professional, quick and got the furnace running. He had to order a part but found a replacement until the new one arrived. He added the new part without additional charge. He was very knowledgable and friendly. I do not have a comparison for pricing. It seemed high for the time he took.

Description of Work
Replaed Capacitor and snap disc limit.

11/19/2012

Ronald K.

Larry came out, gave me several options and discussed the trade-offs between installing a single stage, two stage and variable stage furnace as well as the differences between the different furnace efficiency ratings. The price was very competitive, they showed up on time, did a great job and really did a great job cleaning up after themselves.

Description of Work
I had my furnace and humidifier replaced.

11/07/2012

Sharon & Jeff S.

We took advantage of the excellent special offered on Angie's list for an AC tune up ($58, regularly $140). Fortunately, we did this because we were very late in the season and learned that our AC unit was covered with all the cottonwood that comes froms the dandelions in the spring. Mike informed us that the AC was working much harder than it needed to probably costing us more in our electricity bill and close to burning out the unit all together. I feel very lucky that we caught it in time and will plan our next maintenance much earlier in the season! Mike also made a few other simple recommendations. He was extremely pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Air conditioner tune up

08/14/2012

Marcia P.

The technician was neatly dressed in a uniform and used shoe covers indoors. He cleaned the condenser unit outside and told me it had been seriously clogged with leaf debris, etc. He said my AC should perform much better now that this had been done. (Performance had been poor.) After servicing the AC unit inside, he told me that the drain hose had been improperly connected before and he had fixed that, but that the evaporator coil's drip pan was rusted out, causing water to drip down into the furnace. I asked if he knew how much it would cost to replace it, and he said he couldn't be sure but he thought the part was about $1,000. He also said that due to the age of the furnace, I should consider replacing it, as I was likely to continue putting part after part into it as parts failed. I told him to have his boss call me to arrange for an estimate. I asked to see the rusted-out part but he only showed me where it was and did not remove the panel over it. I'm pretty clueless about furnaces and didn't push it. I really wish he had taken the time to show me properly. A subsequent visit by a repairman under my home warranty confirmed the problem, although I am told the part costs far less than $1000.

Description of Work
I bought an Angie's List coupon for checking and cleaning the air conditioner. This work was done. After I purchased the coupon, the company contacted me promptly and we set up an appointment.

08/07/2012

Dean Y.

After purchasing the coupon on Angie's List I was called within 24 hours to set up an appointment. They were very accommodating to my schedule. The Service Technician: Mike called\ the day of service and gave me an estimated time of arrival and was there on time. He was very polite and professional. He explained what he was going to do and if I had any questions. Afterwards I was very appreciative of the fact that before moving from the foyer he put on shoe covers so as not to track anything into the house. He checked out and cleaned the furnace and air conditioning units and then gave me a complete report with any recommendations. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I signed up for an HVAC inspection and cleaning service for both of my units.

08/06/2012

James K.

Our condo has been in need of our AC/Heating (heat pump) units upgrade for several years, my wife (who was visiting in Tennessee at the time) and I decided to take the plunge this June just before I was to leave to join her and after checking on Angie's list called several companies for estimates. Larry from Comfort Keepers came out looked over the existing units and we sat down and he explained everything, he spelled out everything his company would do in the process of replacing our old units. I let him know a few things I wanted to be done and he said no problem. He gave me the price which I felt was very reasonable for this type of replacement and within a few days his guys showed up to begin.. Let me just say, they did a fantastic job, very professional and I was amazed how nice the new units looked after they were finish. They even did a little more then I was expecting at no additional cost. Of course they say the proof is in the pudding and I had to leave town right after they finished so I set the thermostat and left for two months. While away we had mail forwarded and we received an electric bill which was much lower than we normally receive, my wife commented that something must be wrong with the new furnace because the bill was too low. When we returned we entered the condo and knew right away, nothing was wrong, the unit was operating perfectly and the bill was just reflecting our savings with the new units. All in All, I highly recommend Comfort Keepers, they do a great job, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of electric air cond/heat pump heating unit with some duct work. Remove and replace existing humidifier onto new unit. Brand Day and Night

07/17/2012

Wally S.

Bad experience overall. He seemed very professional and had good ideas to improve our heating and air. I also mentioned to him at the time that he had a bad review on Angie's list because he didn't follow through.

Description of Work
We contacted Comfort Keepers to get a quote to replace our furnace and air conditioner. Larry came out and spent about 2 hours with us going over options and answering questions. He told us he would send us a quote in the mail. After 2 weeks I followed up and called both his office number and cell number and got the message that the "Mailbox was full."

07/11/2012

Nancy W.

They did not perform services for me.

Description of Work
I am giving this company an F because I contacted them and requested service and no one responded. I think that is very unprofessional and not good business practice.

06/12/2012

Darrell F.

Good start...poor finish...to be clear, no work was done as no estimate or follow up to see if I received the estimate was ever done.

Description of Work
Larry was referred to me to give me an estimate on a 3rd floor space in need of AC. He came out and was very polite and had some good ideas and committed to giving me a quote in the work. I had to follow up after a few weeks of not hearing from him and received a response that he'd re-send the information, put a copy in the mail or drop it off and then call to follow up. None of that happened so I followed up again and did not receive a response. I circled back with the person(s) who referred him and they had no comment on if the company was still in business or if there were any issues so since i'm seeing it still listed on Angie's List I'm putting in a review as this is very poor customer service to not follow thru. If they aren't interested in the business they should indicate that during the initial review.

01/05/2012

John Z.

After a detailed inspection and review Comfort Keepers provided a competitive bid for installation of a replacement furnace and AC unit. They did a good job of sizing the unit, reviewing the prior installation for needed improvements and explaining the proposal. We opted for Comfort Keepers over several bids which were close in price because of location and attention from Larry Penar the owner. He did not disappoint. They installed the unit as promised taking exceptional care in the removal of the old unit and revising and reconnecting some of the ducting. Although they ran into a few unexpected issues there was no attempt to change the deal and the price quoted was the final cost. We have a home automation system that includes the thermostats and they worked with this somewhat unique set up without a problem. Overall Comfort Keepers was professional, exceptionally open and honest and the result was very acceptable.

Description of Work
Installation of a large replacement gas furnace and AC unit including removal of the old unit and revision of connecting ducts and humidifier drain.

10/18/2011

MARY S.

They did a great job and were able to get the work done in almost one day. I was impressed with the quality of work they provided. They were very professional and cleaned up very well. I would use them again in the future and already have scheduled a visit.

Description of Work
Took out older furnace and air conditioner and ran new lines for a new unit. Also installed chimney liner.

08/08/2010

Katy H.

After receiving estimates from three HVAC companies, we went with Larry and the Comfort Keepers team for the replacement of our aging furnace and duct work. Larry was thorough in explaining our options, upfront about what to expect, and had competitive pricing. The work was completed on-time by guys who were willing to work with our family's schedule and who left the home clean.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace, repaired duct work, completed a "blower door" test.

07/01/2010

Ryan K.

Always on time, up front, and honest. On their spring inspection they noticed a potential issue and ended up working on my ac unit until 9pm and still left with a smile. I look forward to using comfort keepers in the future.

Description of Work
AC Compressor and Spring Tune Up

08/14/2008

Debra C.

I contracted with this organization to take my mother to and from her doctors appointments and to assist her as necessary during the appointment. The care giver stayed with my mother and gave me a complete report as to how the appointment went and what the doctor said plus any directives from the doctor. The care giver took great care to make sure that my mother was taken care of. She helped my mother in and out of the car and stayed with her to assist her in walking.

Description of Work
Caregiver service.

Category home elder care

04/01/2008

KENNETH W F.

Very well. Very professional & honest.

Description of Work
They originally assisted me in replacing a part that was covered under warranty. The furnace was installed by another company that went out of business. Since then they have been out to check on the Furnace as well as the AC unit.

10/23/2007

John J.

The service man arrived on time, performed thorough inspection and found a crack in the furnace heat exchanger. Using a remote video camera he was able to show me the surface condition of the heat exchanger and the crack.

Description of Work
Routine furnace cleaning and check-up.

09/24/2007

JOANNE M.

When our heating went out in the cold of winter, Comfort Keepers was here within an hour or two. We ended up needing a new unit since our was extremely old. They explained our options and got us with something a lot more efficient for our style home. It was clear they weren't rushing the job but taking the right amount of time to do it right. They were excellent, kind and very careful to be clean. What was nice was that they worked with me to get the right system at a price I could afford.

Description of Work
We had a new heating unit installed in our ranch style home. Three people came out to put in the new unit.

MD Duct and Vent Cleaning

MD Duct & Vent Cleaning wants you to come home to a clean and healthy atmosphere with professional air duct cleaning. Our residential home air duct cleaning is performed with state-of-the-art equipment and technology to keep your space as fresh and pristine as can be. With proper airflow, you’ll secure a cleaner and healthier living environment while cutting down on your home’s utility costs with enhanced energy efficiency. Ask about are new duct sanitizing. Call the air doctor today

2022 Super Service Award

Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi
    Air Duct Cleaners Inc

Air Duct Cleaners, Inc. has been providing high quality service to residential and commercial properties throughout the Chicagoland area since 1992. Specializing in improving indoor air quality through comprehensive air duct cleaning, the professional technicians at ADC, Inc. are trained on industry leading practices. ADC, Inc. offers an upfront pricing schedule with no hidden costs. Also all work is backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Home Healthcare - In-home Services
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Residential & Commercial HVAC – AC, Furnace, Boiler, & High Velocity Installation & Repair, Air Duct Service, Air Balancing, & Energy Audits.