Aloha Construction Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2009

4.1

470 IL-22

Lake Zurich, IL 60047

For friendly service and exceptional workmanship, choose Aloha Construction for your next project. We will take care of your home inside and out. Aloha is a family-owned company located in Lake Zurich, IL. We have been providing general contractor services like roofing, siding, gutters, and

02/05/2020

jim M.

Aloha does not stand behind their work. I had a new roof installed, most of the roof plywood replaced, ice and water shield installed, and new gutters and downspouts. The roof leaks and the gutters don't drain (See Pictures). When I brought the problem to their attention they were belligerent and argumentative. They said, "this happens to everyone". I would advise against using Aloha.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your response, and we're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with Aloha Construction. Please reach out to Wally at 847-789-6090 so we can discuss the situation further. Thank you.

02/05/2020

jim M.

Aloha does not stand behind their work. I had a new roof installed, most of the roof plywood replaced, ice and water shield installed, and new gutters and downspouts. The roof leaks and the gutters don't drain. When I brought the problem to their attention they were belligerent and argumentative. They said, "this happens to everyone". I would advise against using Aloha.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

12/03/2019

Jolyn B.

Donna stopped over while estimating our neighbors roof to replace. We had hail damage also. Their quote came in as expected. They met with the adjuster here at our home during the inspection. On top of everything. Coordinated everything. Delivered materials, put on in two days (big house), cleaned up everything, and we had 2 different people inspect and walk the roof. Donna kept up with us along the way - insurance paid. Gorgeous new roof. What a blessing. Easy peasy! J. Bulthuis

Description of Work
New roof was installed

Thanks for your review! It was our pleasure working with you :)

07/21/2018

Darilyn P.

It was a stress free day for me when the Aloha workers showed up to my home for phase 1 of my multi-level repairs from the hail storm damage of May 2nd in my neighborhood. The roofing team guided by Losho was absolutely AMAZING. Such a professional group of workers! They exhibited a highly professional work ethic. From the moment they arrived, they took extreme caution to protect my property by removing all the patio furniture, grill, solar lights, plants and flowers from my deck and applied protective covering. That same care was given to our bushes, flowers and landscaping all around our home. They even removed, and were highly respectful, of the flag that hangs from our home. As the workers began, I offered bottles of water to the team, but with their best manners, they declined. “No mam, we’re all good. Thank you mam.” Then their busy work day continued. With the forecast of rain due later that day, I was assured that my tear off roof and replacement would be completed before the storm arrived. Throughout the day, Cody visited several times to check on the team and answer any questions that I had. Again… more professionalism. When the team wrapped up the roof replacement, they put my home back to order right down to every detail. I even wondered if they had taken a picture to assure that everything was in its exact location, right down to placement of my plants and solar lights. Before exiting the property, they went over, not only my property, but each of my adjoining neighbor’s properties as well, with a giant magnet to remove any possible nails that they might have missed. This task was done twice to assure that none were missed. Each of Losho team politely dismissed themselves and thanked me for my kindness. What??? They were the people to thank for such an amazing job. Shortly thereafter, Cody returned for his final inspection of the work that was performed. While asking if I had any questions/concerns, sounds of thunder signaled to us that the predicted storm was quickly approaching. As we chatted, Cody carefully checked all our properties one last time for any run-a-way nails or debris that escaped. With nothing found, Cody dismissed himself by providing an update of the next steps to my home’s storm repairs. While walking up my driveway, a neighbor across the cul-de-sac yelled over, “congratulations.” The 2 onlookers walked over as the rain was just beginning. Jim and David had been watching the roof progress throughout the day. They both commented on how nice the roof looked and even took note of the new plywood that was put down before the shingle installation. Both also commented on the cleanup detail that was done to perfection. Taking note of the Aloha van that Cody drove when he visited, these neighbors stated that they would be calling Aloha for their repairs. I provided them each with a copy of Aloha’s business card. As the skies opened, we all departed. I walked up my driveway smiling ear to ear. Perfect timing to phase one’s completion. Thank you to ALL the Aloha associates for a job extremely well executed. Whew! Panic attack averted. =D Also... A HUGE THANK YOU TO JIM NICOLETTE and NICK for the easy transaction between State Farm Insurance. These guys did all the footwork and made this a totally hassle free experience for me. Looking forward to the next phases of repair to my home. You guys are the BEST.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent experience with Jim! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again!!

06/25/2018

Reid B.

It was a great expierience, Ryan was amazing. He was thorough, responsive and reliable. They took care of everything, were knowledgable and professional from beginning to end. I recommend them to everybody I come across and will happily use them again in the future. My house looks awesome, very happy A+

Description of Work
Roof and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent experience with Ryan. Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again!!

03/24/2018

Marcy M.

Workers wouldn’t show until 4pm and work late in the evening, then disappear a few days before returning. Our vinyl siding was pulled up and never put back even after several discussions with foreman and the workers themselves. Our install was in August and it’s now March, still siding is pulled up. My husband inspected it and said they did a very sloppy job. The estimate guy would just show up randomly at our house, expecting us to be there or to run home to meet him. Super unprofessional and terrible work for a lot of money. Tried to get our gutters repaired and they wouldn’t touch them.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

01/17/2018

Srinivasa K.

We never received the quote. Wasted my time.

Description of Work
Aloha came out to quote a kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

12/18/2017

victor C.

The roof and skylight were replaced. The roof looks nice and no leaks in the last few rains. So far so good. Four skylights were also replaced. One was left with a big 1/2 inch gap on the inside. First I was told by Aloha that it was normal. There was no gap before. Then that I should hire a handyman to put trim inside. That Aloha only did the outside. Finally Jake from Aloha said he would see what could be done. (waiting on an outcome 12/18/17)

Description of Work
replace roof and skylights

Category roofing, skylights

10/25/2017

Mary P.

Disaster. My house cannot pass roof or siding inspection. Work not completed. No return phone calls.

Description of Work
New roof, siding, window wraps, garage door, soffit, facia and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

10/19/2017

Pat C.

Excellent - response was very quick - one day from contact the work was completed. Cost was within estimate. Very friendly, courteous and professional service by Ryan. This was a very small job which this company advertises as one of its services - hard to find someone willing to do small jobs these days, so this is a plus for Aloha.

Description of Work
Repairing gutter downspouts and installing gutter guards, as well as cleaning leaf compost in gutter

09/25/2017

Anna M.

Very well. Returned promptly when I had a problem. Failed to give me a quote for gutters which I asked for after they finished the roof. Delay before they were able to start work on my roof, but good communication with them.

Description of Work
New Roof installed after tear off of old roof.

[Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent roofing experience. We aim to have every project done on time, within budget, and to your complete satisfaction, so we do apologize for the delay and for the gutter quote. Glad to hear everything else went right!. Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again!

05/18/2017

Jeremi H.

They did come out to look at it pretty quick which was good. However, I had to call them 7 times to try to get the quote. Still never got a quote after two weeks of me calling them. On the final call I made a big stink why was it so hard for me to get a quote so I could give them my money and this was ridiculous customer service. Then they transferred me to the manager and he said sorry and he could give me a cost over the phone easy....$450 to replace one panel!!!! he said they could not split up a crew. So, it took them 2 weeks after they came on site to tell me they would take full advantage of me (after they did original work) for $450 US DOLLARS! Forget it. I guess if the project is not big enough they are going to take adv of you because they have all material information on file and know they can match it unlike anyone else that did not do the original job. I will take my chance with a almost perfect match for $200 via another contractor who gave me a quote within 3 days of coming on site and doing a product/material match search.

Description of Work
I had a hole on one panel of my siding (probably from a rock). I wanted a quote for them to fix it since they installed it in 2013 after a storm (with previous owner). Only needed one panel replaced and they did original work...so should be easy.

Category siding

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for any inconvenience our team has caused you. Communication and responsiveness in business are important and, since learning of your experience, we are doing everything we can to stress that importance to our team. In regards to our pricing model, we do stand firm there as we believe our material quality is on par with the best in the industry. That being said, our apologies for the inconvenience & loss of time once again.

04/27/2017

Tony R.

"From beginning to end they were extremely professional. Work was done in two day on a complete tear off. Aloha cleaned the yard after the all the work was done. Ryan was professional through the whole process. He reviewed what would happen from beginning to end. Once the work was done, he checked the work and reviewed the work had been done with us. I recommend Aloha to anyone that is looking for a roofer. They are honest, fair, and know what they are doing!"

Description of Work
Roofing

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave positive review of your most recent roofing project with Aloha Construction, Inc and your Claims Specialist Ryan. Professionalism is a core goal here at Aloha. Glad to see we came through here! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us. Thanks again

04/12/2017

Kathleen B.

I thought the project went very well. They went out of their way to make sure the color was exactly what we were looking for.

Description of Work
Aloha replaced the siding on our home

Category gutter repair, siding

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave positive review of your most recent siding project with Aloha Construction, Inc. Making sure you are completely satisfied with your home is our top priority no matter how much work is required. Glad to see we came through here! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us. Thanks again

02/13/2017

STARNES P.

I would not use them in the future.

Description of Work
The roofing service was done by Aloha Construction. They replaced the roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Member Name Removed], we are truly sorry this experience was barely up to your standards. Is there any feedback you can provide so we may be better in the future? Don't forget about your 10 year craftmanship warranty! Just call us if you need anything further.

02/10/2017

Scott G.

Because of this, we filed a claim with my Homeowners insurance, of which they agreed with Aloha's assessment of the damages and covered/paid for a brand new roof with updated codes. In addition, I received money to repair other damages left by the storm. The entire process was a breeze -- Ryan and his team handled everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!! I literally didn't have to do anything except pick out the roof shingle color, which was easy to do as Aloha provided me with houses that had the type/colors we were looking for, so we could see it in "living color". The roof was replaced and new roof put up in a matter of hours!! I would recommend Ryan and the Aloha construction team in a heartbeat to anyone looking to have roof repairs completed, are in need of a new roof, or anything related to roofing/siding. Thanks for helping us restore our home to a state even better than it was prior to the storm!! EXCELLENT JOB!!

Description of Work
Ryan and the Aloha Construction team did an incredible job with our roof. We experienced roof/siding/gutter and other damage from a wind/hail storm that was deemed a CAT, which we first noticed by finding black mold on our garage ceiling. Ryan and team came over the same day as we called, inspected everything timely and accurately, and indicated the level of damage we had.

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Making the process smooth and easy is our goal each and every time at Aloha Construction, Inc. So happy to hear the final product exceeded your expectations! Don't forget about your 10 year craftmanship warranty. Give us a call at 847.540.7711 should you need further assistance!

02/08/2017

Jonathan W.

It was a very well done quote but it was also I think the highest quote we had from the other one we have quoted. What stood out the most is the fact that they actually gave us a professional quote.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote for a roof replacement.

01/20/2017

Linda P.

We feel very confident that the work was done right the first time.

Description of Work
Aloha construction did an excellent job in taking care of our hail-damaged roof. Their representatives were very professional and completed the job in a timely manner. Aloha’s representative supplied us with a detailed bid for the work to be performed. Ryan explained how they would secure the permits and handle the job. Two weeks later a crew of four workers stripped the old roof, installed a new ice shield, new vents and the new architectural shingles that we chose. All of the debris was efficiently removed. The work was completed in one day. Aloha Construction took care of everything. Their representatives were always very respectful during all interactions.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave positive review of your most recent roofing project with Aloha Construction, Inc and your great experience with Ryan! Being efficient and timely with all of our projects and making the insurance claims process an easy one, are core goals. Glad to see we came through here! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again

01/08/2017

Michael Y.

Total Cost: $16,000 Homeowners Ins. Covered: $13,600 Out-of-Pocket Expense: $2,400 Rear portion of house roof had been repeatedly patched with roof cement over the years and became weakened. We didn't think it would hold up another winter. I was reluctant to contact the homeowner's insurance agent as I am not a forceful enough negotiator in such matters. My wife wife want me to talk to a construction company agent the next time our neighborhood was being canvassed. I was quite reluctant as I figured that I would have to do all the negotiating, but acquiesced to her desire. I came home from work one evening in early October and she told me that a representative from Aloha Construction Company had stopped by was asked to stop by later when I came home. The representative stopped by and what transpired was among the easiest encounters that I have ever experienced! The representative explained what would be done and that they would contact the homeowners insurance agent. All that I did was sign and date the contract. (After all the worst that could happen would be the agent saying "no" to a new roof, there would be no obligation on our part, and we would be no worse off than before.) I received an email from the insurance agent that he would be meeting with Aloha at our home-- three days after I signed the contract! I came home that evening and was shocked to learn that not only were we to get a new roof on our house, but also a new roof on the detached garage, and new siding on both the house and garage. This was more than we ever imagined! What is more my wife had in her hand a check from the insurance company for $8,800 as a first payment. Not covered by the insurance was structural damage to the roof, the plywood sheeting, and the chimney if we wanted a new one. Three weeks later a crew of five workers came, stripped the two roofs, repaired the damaged rafters, and replaced all the sheeting on the house. Then the house and garage the felt was laid along with a drip guard, ice shield, vents, and shingles. Every bit of debris was removed. All was done in one day. The Thursday before Thanksgiving (Nov. 17) was an unseasonably warm day. A crew of six came early, removed all the siding, wrapped the house and garage, and installed new vinyl siding. We bought new shutters, which they installed. Every bit of debris was removed. All was also done in a day. All we had hoped for was a new roof for the house and were prepared to pay out of pocket to have it fixed. We never dreamed of a new roof on the house and garage and certainly not new siding on both. Aloha Construction took care of everything-- all the negotiating with the insurance agent, construction permit, the supplies, the workers, and follow up. It was the easiest project that we have encountered. All I had to do was sign the contract! The quality of the work was first class. The representatives involved were most professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend Aloha Construction to any one without any reservations.

Description of Work
Roof: House & Detached Garage Removed all shingles, sheeting, vents Repaired rotted & damaged rafters (house) Replaced all sheeting, shingles, vents including drip guard, felt layer, ice shield, chimney, plumbing jacks Throughout entire work all landscaping was covered Removed all debris and rolled ground with magnetic roller Siding: House & Detached Garage Removed all siding All sides were covered with house wrap Vinyl siding installed All debris removed

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed]!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a descriptive and honest positive review of your most recent roofing project with Aloha Construction, Inc!! Most people don't take the time to reach out as you have here and we are so grateful for the feedback. Having done this for nearly a decade in the local area, we are so happy to hear our expertise made the process with your insurance company an easy one. Dealing with your insurance company can be intimidating and our goal is to take that stress off your plate. Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again

12/23/2016

Reid B.

They did my roof and gutters, always responsive & very easy to work with. They were respectful, reliable & did great work, also very experienced in dealing with insurance companies with little to no effort on my end. Great experience, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof and gutters

[Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent roofing project. Having done this for nearly a decade in the local area, we are so happy to hear our expertise made the process with your insurance company an easy one. The final result came out to your standards and our team was communicative; what more could we ask for!! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again

12/22/2016

Erin D.

I had to fight with them for three months and take them to the Attorney General because they were calling my dad in Jamaica harassing him. The contract had language on the back I did not know about. They were complete con artists.

Description of Work
Remodeling Service

Category remodeling

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for any inconvenience our accounts receivables department has caused you and your father. While we understand collecting on accounts can cause stress in any fashion, we do hope you understand we must take these measures to protect ourselves as a business in the long run. We also do hope ALL homeowners read and review all documents they are required to sign before we begin working on your project. It is and has never been our intent to be misleading when handling your home. If you require any further assistance, please be sure to let us know. Our apologies once again.

12/20/2016

Glen F.

Shingles were installed to code and properly. Post install clean-up went well. Work was done as quoted. Customer communication poor, interface people did not know why was going no on and could not answer questions accurately. What matters is that the roof was done properly and so far it seems to be okay.

Description of Work
Roof replacement due to hail damage.

[Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent roofing project. While we undestand that we aren't the greatest at and are working on our internal/external communication practices, we are so happy to hear the final result came out to your liking and was finished in a tidy manner!! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! Should you notice anything, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again

12/14/2016

Jane V.

We had a great experience with Aloha. They were professional and pleasant to deal with, from the sales person to the installers. All work was completed quickly and with quality. Would not hesitate to do business with them again.

Description of Work
Replaced siding for the entire house

Category siding

[Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review of your most recent siding project. While the process does take time, we are so happy to hear the final result came out to your liking and was finished in a punctual fashion!! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again

11/01/2016

Rosemary T.

It went very good. I was very happy with Aloha cleanliness, promptness and especially paying attention to detail.

Description of Work
Aloha replace the siding on my house, plus boards. They also replaced the colors and put into Windows

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

[Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave Aloha Construction, Inc. a positive review! While the process does take time, we are so happy to hear our attentiveness to detail didn't go unnoticed! We truly want every project to be completed to the satisfaction of your highest expectations. Each time we hear a person's home has been taken care of, it reminds us why we do it! Did you know our jobs come with a 10 year craftsmanship warranty?! If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 847.540.7711. Thanks again!

09/28/2016

Jerald J.

This bidder had the lowest of the three bids; however we decided not to use it. The main factor was the time in business. When putting on a new roof that is supposed to last a long time we decided that we would use a company that had a long record of satisfactory business. Further, their warranty was only ten years; much shorter than competitors.

Description of Work
We didn't accept the bid.