Reliable Home Services Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2011

4590 Heron Dr

Lake In The Hills, IL 60156

If you are looking for a true local service provider in the home repair and remodeling sector, then look no further than Reliable Home Services. Serving Lake In The Hills, Algonquin, Huntley, Crystal Lake, Lakewood and Cary, Reliable is the top choice among homeowners that demand best value, quality, professionalism and dependability! At Reliable, we treat your home as if it were our own, always using the necessary protective coverings and always cleaning up afterwards. Backed by over 25 years of home improvement experience, we will give you a fair, free and honest consultation that will give you the information you need to make the best choices on how to proceed with your project. Contractors are notorious for making big promises and big claims up front, so please do not take our word for it, but visit our website and read our third-party independent reviews and decide for yourself. Would you like to speak with some of our clients? No problem! Just ask us and we will furnish you with our references. Also, we are licensed, registered, bonded and insured in all of the communities where we work, for your peace of mind. Take the worry and fear out of home improvement and repairs and go with a company you can trust... Reliable Home Services!...

11/20/2016

Theresa H.

Scott and his crew remodeled 2 bathrooms for us last month, and we simply could not be happier. His professionalism is such a relief after having several contractors come and look at our project and disappear. You will wait, simply because he schedules jobs so that he is mainly working on one at a time, but the wait is worth the quality. In one bathroom we had the builders grade shower torn out, an acrylic pan installed, walls and floors tiled. The other, the walls around the tub and the floor were tiled, toilet installed, new fixtures in both rooms. The results are lovely! I had a lot of questions about procedures and materials and Scott answered my emails within hours in most cases, which I appreciated very much. We would absolutely use him again!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling

11/17/2016

Paul L.

The communication from Scott was outstanding throughout the entire process; from providing the estimate and explaining the work to be done and materials to be used, through the execution and completion of the project. Scott and his team are true craftsmen and are meticulous in their work. The completed project is gorgeous and I know the structure underneath the marble is of the highest quality. The cost listed does not include the cost of the travertine marble.

Description of Work
Scott and his team removed existing wall tile, walls, and the mortar basin in a shower area. They also removed existing ceramic tile around the bathtub. They installed a 100% water proof solution in the shower area. They installed travertine marble tiles on the shower area wall and water basin, and around the bathtub. The also replaced the bathroom fans with a single whisper quiet inline remote fan.

Category marble & granite,home remodeling

12/21/2015

Eileen C.

Everything was excellent!!!!!! Highly recommend!!!!!!

Description of Work
Bath remodel

08/04/2014

Sherry L.

I e-mailed through Angies List on Saturday and Scott answered back quickly the same day. He came out that Monday morning and spent time investigating the leak. He spent time explaining to me what he thought the cause could be. Decided that we should first find out if the window is still under warranty by Pella and if so then have them do a water test to see where the leak is coming from. Cost wise it would be benefical to us to have Pella out if still under warranty. Scott never charged me for the time he spent at our house checking out the window and gave us excellent advice. I have his brochure and he will be the first one we will be contacting when we do remodeling projects at our home in the future.

Description of Work
Needed someone to check out our leaking window.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

03/25/2014

Helmut L.

Scott spent 2 hrs. at the house during the estimate to go over all the details what Reliable will do during the remodeling project. The estimate upfront was free. All the tile, grout, shower faucet, shower doors, shower base, and toilet was purchased by ourselves because that's the way we wanted to do it. Besides I receive a 10% discount at Home Depot by being a Veteran so I saved a lot of money. Scott absolutely had no problem with that. Reliable bought the raw materials requied for the project. If I had any questions about what I required to purchase I emailed Scott and he replied promptly. Price was fair and I received a $250 discount through Angie's List. The work was done in the timeframe that they allocated. The workmanship was superior and the bathroom really looks great. I definitely will use them again for any other remodeling projects or repairs.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Shower & Floor remodeling

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling

02/23/2014

Martin F.

Overall, the job went very well. They were very professional and worked with us as the job progressed and minor changes were made. I really appreciated Scott's responsiveness to all our questions. They showed up each day on time, cleaned up, and were very friendly. I would definitely look to them again for future renovations.

Description of Work
Reliable remodeled our master bath shower and replaced a whirlpool tub. They also built a powder room bath in the basement.

05/07/2013

Craig L.

Overall Reliable Home Services did a fantastic job. They were very aware of protecting floors, walls, etc that surrounded the work space. I wouldn't think I would find a business that would be as careful and caring of my home as I would be, but they were. I would highly recommend Reliable Home Services and hire their services again.

Description of Work
I searched the Internet looking for a local business to repair / replace my large half circle window located over my front door. First communications with Scott where over the weekend via email. A follow up phone conservation describing his business in general and my project followed. Scott was about 75% of the price of another bid from a company a little further away. I selected Reliable Home Services based on price and responsiveness. Once hired, Scott came out and measured the job. I replaced the thermal glass, not the entire window, much cheaper. He did have to make a return trip as there was a little uncertainty with his initial measurement and he wanted to make sure it was right. This had to be a perfect fit, so I was glad to accommodate. He then returned less than 2 weeks later to install the window and the process went smoothly. The new window looks great!

Category glass repair

03/04/2013

Steve N.

The night before Thanksgiving, someone broke our front window in the middle of the night. It was tough to find someone to even come out and look at it promptly because of the holiday. Everyone wanted to replace the entire window, but I was just looking to have the glass replaced. Of the companies willing to replace the glass Reliable Home Services gave me the soonest appointment and was cheaper than the competition. The job was done perfectly, professionally, and Scott was extremely knowledgeable. When I found out about their other services, I was ecstatic I had found a local remodeling and repair company who I trusted and was excited to do business with. Scott just gives you the feeling he's more concerned with integrity than the bottom line. When the whole thing was over, I was almost glad someone had broken our window so I had found this company. I will gladly use Reliable Home Services as my first choice for any service they offer.

Description of Work
Replaced the glass in a broken window

Category glass repair,replacement windows

12/12/2012

John J.

Very professional and as honest as they come - workers are joy to have around - clean up and go out of their way for anything for you

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

06/19/2012

Matt R.

I found Reliable by doing a pretty extensive Google search. I wanted to find someone local in my community to do the work and was not thrilled with the options on Angieslist.com. Scott (the owner) came out on time as expected for the quote and consultation. Which was impressive since I had contacted four companies prior. One never returned my calls, the second did not show up for our scheduled meeting and the other two were tough to schedule. When Scott came out he was very professional and it was clear that he knew his stuff. He had some great suggestions that ultimately ended up saving me money. The other contractors I met with wanted to replace additional tile around my tub. Scott flat out told me that this was not required. He also suggested replacing the trim on our Roman Faucet rather than tearing in and replacing the whole unit/valve. No one else I met with suggested this. He was able to get me a bid in 3-4 days (while the others took a quite a bit longer and needed prodding). The bid on the actual work performed was not the overall lowest. I received a bid $600 lower and another $500 higher. However, considering the money he saved me with his suggestions and that he was clearly the most knowledgeable person I met with I went with I went with his company. Scott told me that he had a close group of subcontractors he worked with and one would perform the actual work. Initially this was somewhat concerning but he assured me that all his people were hand picked and top notch. He was absolutely right. On the day the work was scheduled to start, Scott showed up with his guy Paul. He introduced Paul as the person who would be performing the work on our bathroom. Paul was every bit as professional and knowledgeable as Scott. He cleaned up after himself each day and was a joy to have at the house. The work was finished in 4 days, this was ahead of the 5-7 day schedule I was told. The work was done up to my standards and I am pretty picky. Overall we were very pleased with the work performed and are glad we chose Reliable Home Services.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel and Renovation of Master Bathroom shower. • remove existing ceramic tile and backer board from walls • remove existing plastic base • furnish & install new white acrylic 48"x34" shower base (Jacuzzi S3569WH); set in mortar• replace in-wall shower valve (supplied by customer)• install 3 mil vapor barrier on studs• install (2) 6" x 14" Redi-Niche integral water proof niches (supplied by customer)• install 1/2" cement board on all shower wall surfaces• float cement board with multiple coats of mortar to minimize imperfections• seal cement board with ShowerSeal liquid membrane• install metal trim edges at vertical sides only (supplied by customer)• install 5/8" glass & stone mosaic tile (supplied by customer) on two shower walls; will stop near crown at nearest 5/8" increment• apply grout release agent to tile• apply grout using a sand-less premium grout (supplied by customer) and wipe clean• furnish and install marble knee-wall cap with eased edges (supplied by customer)• furnish & install new floor drain in new shower base• install shower valve trims once tile work is completed (supplied by customer)• furnish & install painted crown molding (3 5/8"" wide) in main bathroom area and water closet• paint walls, ceiling and trim of entire bathroom with high-quality coatings (medium to light shades of customer's choosing); coats as required for proper finish and hiding

Category ceramic tile,masonry,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,drain cleaning

North Shore Brickwork and Windows, Inc

North Shore has practiced to provide high quality Brick repair and Window Installations for over 30 years. North Shore Brickwork and Windows craftsmanship is second to none with our superior team of experts. We administer restoration of exteriors from the effects of environmental factors this includes brick repair and window installations.

Coast to Coast Masonry Group Inc

Coast To Coast Masonry Group, Inc. provides top quality masonry restoration services to a variety of clients throughout the Chicago land area for over 23 years. We remain committed to the traditional values of client satisfaction that have earned a solid reputation in the masonry industry. Based on quality, time completion, excellent service, integrity and client satisfaction.

Accurate Contracting Service

Accurate Contracting Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated, BBB accredited business with an A+ rating, that has been serving the community since 1998. Our owner, Ronald Peterson, is a General Contractor with 40+ years of ground up, hands on structural experience. With Ron's knowledge and experience, he has helped homeowners with design, layout and product decisions that can be a difficult and sometimes frustrating process. We pride ourselves on delivering superior products and services at rates that are more than competitive. Accurate Contracting Services has implemented a policy of promoting environmentally safe products and recycling shingles, which frees landfills of a product that never decomposes. Whether you're looking to enhance the look of your house, improve energy efficiency or increase your home's resale value, Accurate Contracting Services will help you decide the best option to fit your needs and budget.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, PayPal, Visa

Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation, Basement Finishing, Door & Window Solutions, Glass Replacement