James M Ellman LTD

Founded 1974 • With Angi since December 2008

3.9

We are a family run Land Surveying business that has been open since 1974. We provide accurate, on time, and affordable surveys of all types. Ellman Surveying services all of Northeast Illinois, including the counties of Cook, McHenry, Kane, Dupage, Lake, and parts of Will. ...

05/31/2014

This company came out and surveyed our property in Oct. 2013 right before we moved in. It is May 2014 and I have contacted this company several times and asked if they can come back and stake the property correctly, since there are only 2 stakes visible and our map shows there should be more. The one time he did respond he told me it would cost me $250 to come out and stake the property. I respond...

Description of Work
Failed to backup their work.

Category land surveyor

We explained to the owner that we would have to charge to send a crew back to her property to find her property corners. We even described how she can find them without our help, saving her money. She did not want to pay, so we stopped communication.

09/03/2011

I would never call this company again, and wish I had not contacted them this time. However, since they did 2 other surveys on the same property over the years, we thought it would be best to call them. Live and learn!

Description of Work
Survey was ordered on 8/15/11. Received email (no phone call) from surveyor in the afternoon of 8/29/11 saying that his crew had been attacked by a German Shepherd and a Pit Bull after jumping a neighbor's fence and were in pretty bad shape, and that our survey for a closing at 10 AM on 8/31/11 could not be done. He said he was sorry, but it would be more than 2 weeks before he could get to it. (I should add that the injuries were not sustained on our property but at the property they were surveying before coming to our addressed.) I called them right away and left a voice mail to express our sadness at the injuries suffered by the crew and inquired about whether or not there was someone we could call to get the survey done in a rush since cancelling the closing was not an option. No one ever returned my call. As a back-up, I started making calls and found a surveyor on my own that was able to jump in right away to assist us. Land Surveying Services in Palatine is the hero of the year!

Category land surveyor

We have nothing to say regarding this. If someone doesn't understand dog attacks, there is nothing we can do.

03/24/2010

Very fast to respond to phone and/or email inquiries. Scheduling was very easy and I received the report in one day after survey done and paid for.

Description of Work
Land survey for home purchase

03/20/2009

Michael responded promptly to my RFQ and did the work within days. He was always responsive when I initiated a communication about the progress of the job and receiving the final plat of survey.

Description of Work
Plat of survey on an industrial site with building.

12/10/2008

Great!

Description of Work
As part of the real estate closing process, I have to help clients find a surveyor when they sell their home. Jim Ellman has always helped-extremely responsive, very timely getting the jobs done (even on short notice), and simply nice to work with. Best of all, his pricing is very reasonable while keeping very high service standards.

Category land surveyor

Residential & commercial surveys, ALTA & ACSM land title surveys, topographical surveys, boundary surveys, construction layout, FEMA elevation certificates, condominium surveys & conversions.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express