We accept remote payment

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2005

4.4

200 East Ave

La Grange, IL 60525

Our mission at Sophia's Cleaning Service has been the same for the past 35 years: to provide the highest quality commercial and residential cleaning services available in Chicagoland at a fair price to each of our clients. Sophia's is a 2nd generation family run business that has been built on the simple values of trust, integrity, and treating our customers how we would want to be treated. Our company is a reflection of the values that our late founder and mother, Sophia Borek, instilled in us. Personally, I think our secret is the quality of people we have at Sophia's. We are extremely selective with the cleaners that we hire, conducting multiple background checks and interviews with applicants before they even have a shot of cleaning a customer's home or office building. Our customers trust that our cleaners will be both skilled workers and, more importantly, great people that you can trust in your home or office, day-in and day-out....

03/22/2020

Matt Schmidt 3.

Great! Sophia's cleaning service cleaned our home before we moved in this past week and their cleaners did a terrific job. They also performed additional disinfecting and cleaning tasks related to the coronavirus situation. They disinfected all switches, doorknobs, general surfaces and used special cleaning products to ensure a safe environment before we moved in! I could not be happier with our pre-move in cleaning quality and the last-minute scheduling they had to do to accommodate our timeline. We highly recommend this local home cleaning service and plan to use them for regular home cleanings on a monthly basis!

Description of Work
House Cleaning in Western Springs

07/30/2019

Bethany C.

Anna and Joanna were great, I gave very little direction and they did a thorough job. We had a white kitchen sink with stains that I thought were permanent and they were able to remove them and make it look like new. The fridge and freezer were sparkling. I will be hiring them again!

Description of Work
Cleaning Bathroom, Kitchen, Fridge/Freezer, Living Room, Dining Room

05/03/2019

Maggie V.

We've used Sophia's Cleaning Service for a number of years now, and are always happy with the results. Margaret is our usual housekeeper, and she's wonderful.

Description of Work
House cleaning

04/25/2019

Eleanor R.

Left voicemail and sent online requests by Angie's List and via their website. No response. Bad business practice.

Description of Work
House cleaning

03/26/2018

Matt Schmidt 3.

We hired Sophia's for a Post-Construction cleanup at a home in Riverside last month after an interior painting and remodeling project. They found an opening for us last minute and did a fantastic job! We have worked with a number of cleaning companies in the past for our post-construction cleanups with varying results but Sophia's has really stood above and beyond the rest, they are the most professional and highest quality work we have had done for our company. Thanks again Sophias! We look forward to working with you on future projects!

Description of Work
Post Construction Cleaning Services

03/13/2018

John B.

We've used Sophia's for years and they've been phenomenal. They're prompt, they do a fantastic job of keeping our house clean and in order and their prices are fair. We've had them do weekly cleaning for the past four years and, as we were getting ready to sell our house, had them come and do a deep cleaning. All top-notch work and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Weekly House Cleaning

08/11/2015

Mary S.

I called Sophia's on Three separate occasions in the last couple weeks and left a voice message, summarizing what I was looking for and my contact info. I haven't had a cleaning service in a couple years and so wanted to schedule a first time "Deep Clean" and then a regular cleaning weekly thereafter. No one from Sophia's Cleaning ever returned my calls - so I gather they have more business than they can handle.... Even if Sophia's contacts me after this review, I would not use them. This is not how I do business.

Description of Work
Did not return several phone calls.

01/27/2014

Kathleen E.

excellent job for an excellent price.

Description of Work
Monthly housecleaning ...

12/26/2013

Adrian G.

We have used this service for several years. The service started to decline recently in last 6 months. The job just wasn't getting done with in any range of satisfaction. We have young children, the house is a little cluttered along with a tween who is unresponsive in getting her room in a manageable state. We understood and actually said that if the cleaner could not get into our Tweens room then it did not need to be cleaned, that turned into never been cleaned even though we had organized the room on a number of occasions. The down stairs area then became a bit shabbily done also. Dust was not cleaned under high backed chairs etc ( number of items positioned around the house in conspicuous areas were not even moved). Overall what was a good service dwindled into poor attempt at half cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned the home

05/08/2012

ANDREW R.

We're overall very happy with this company, which we found through Angie's List. Agnes does a great job every time, is very friendly, and just makes the house look great! I think we've been using them for maybe 2-3 years now and the service has continued to be consistently at or above our expectations.

Description of Work
Bi-weekly house cleaning.

06/07/2010

JENNIFER H.

We've had a bit of a mixed experience. The first time, they did a fair job with 2 or 3 women in a few hours, but the fridge cleaning wasn't satisfactory and they did miss a few little things that I expected them to clean. I realize I should have called Sophia and let her know, and she would have sent someone out to correct the problem, but the service had been a gift and I wasn't 100% sure that I had been clear about what I needed cleaned and I had never had a cleaning service out, so wasn't sure what was standard. There was a bit of a scheduling issue for the first cleaning, and our cleaning was rescheduled multiple times, but they did eventually sort it out. The second time they cleaned, I took my family and the dog out of the house because we had a new baby and I wanted to be out of the woman's way. I came home to realize that she had thrown away about $100 worth of cloth diapers from the diaper pail, and taken the trash with her. When I called Sophia about it, to ask if the cleaner remembered what happened with that diaper pail in the closet, she said that it was possible, but she did not remember. I am certain that I lost more money from that cleaning than I paid for it, due to the loss of the diapers. I am now wary of how much direction to give the cleaners, and will be very clear about the diaper pails in the future. I am having a party and will be again using Sophia's Cleaning Service this week because I feel I should give them one more chance to wow me, but for now, I can not give a rating higher than "Fair."

Description of Work
Sophia has sent women out to our house to clean twice. They have done the main floor (2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, living room, dining room), and once we had them clean the oven and fridge as well.

02/08/2010

Kimberly S.

We decided switch services because the cleaning wasn't consistent. Some of the employees were great and some were not. One of the things I did appreciate about them is that a couple of times I called her last minute and she sent someone out the next day. When I called Sophia to let her know that some of the cleaning was not done the way I expected, she offered to send someone out the next day to correct the problem but we were not available to take advantage of the offer.

Description of Work
We have used this housecleaning service several times.

11/17/2009

Rebecca B.

Was surprised they did not do the door inlays or the window sills, some stuff still on the back splash. I talked with Sophia and worked out that they would do these areas at no extra cost, then she gave the break down of how much extra it would be to do windows, oven and fridge.

Description of Work
2 ladies came to clean for 2.5 hours. House looks sparkling. Easy to work with, check the references and they all called back with good things to say

09/16/2009

Angela B.

Sophia provided an accurate quote over the phone and scheduled the cleaning a week later on the date requested. Two women arrived on-time and completed the work in 2.5 hours as estimated. I was able to continue my own work in the basement without interruption. The house looked great and was ready for a big party a few days later. I hope to continue using Sophia's service on a monthly basis.

Description of Work
Cleaned three bedrooms, two baths, kitchen, dining room, living room, and family room.

06/27/2009

FRANCES R.

I think that the cleaners at Sophia's are excellent. They are very efficient they clean well. They don't sit around and chat or waste time. They get to work and leave my house immaculate. They are very quiet and keep to themselves. I think that they are very trustworthy. They are very accommodating. They are very polite and well mannered.

Description of Work
I ended up hiring Sophia's Cleaning Service for my housecleaning. I use them weekly.

08/26/2008

DONNA K.

Overall it's been a positive experience. They have been willing to work around our schedule and are flexible when we need them to be. They do a good job cleaning and have adjusted to a not so friendly cat in the home.

Description of Work
We have been using Sophia's for about 6 months now for our Brookfield home. They clean the whole house weekly.

08/04/2008

Alec C.

Buyer beware! Sophia sent "Anna" for our first cleaning. Anna did a nice job, so I called Sophia to arrange for her to come every other week and was told that there would be an extra $5 charge because Anna traveled a long distance to come to our home. I did not want to pay the extra money, so we arranged for someone nearby to come instead. For the second cleaning, Sophia sent someone who lived nearby and did not require an extra charge. This cleaning was not as good as the one I received from Anna, so I called Sophia back to arrange for Anna to come. Sophia did not return my call for a week. When she finally called back, Sophia changed the fee from an extra $5 to an extra $15! I was outraged and felt very taken advantage of. How could the extra charge triple? We negotiated and agreed upon an extra $10. Anna came for an extra $10 (4 hours @ $78 +$10 = $88) and cleaned my home. Two weeks later, I received a phone call the night before saying Anna "had something personal to do" and would not be coming. She came after 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks, and spent an extra 30 minutes at my house. I gave her an $88 check and an extra $20 in cash for staying over to finish the job. Last night, I received a call from Sophia stating that our home required 4.5 hours of cleaning and that the new charge for Anna would now be $94 every other week. I believe that the cleaning would only take 4 hours if they came every 2 weeks (as scheduled) instead of after 3 weeks. This morning, I received a call stating that Anna had a fender bender and would be late. 8am passed. 9am passed. 10am passed. At 11am, I called Sophia. Sophia stated that Anna had more car trouble and would not be coming to clean until 2 weeks from today. That would be 4 weeks between cleanings. I expressed my disappointment with the fact that I am not receiving the bi-weekly cleaning service we agreed upon, and am now being told that it takes longer to clean than 4 hours. It would take less time to clean if they would come every other week as scheduled. In summary, Sophia has changed the price on me multiple times in the 2 months I've been using her service. Sophia and her workers are unreliable. They do not come every other week as scheduled. Sophia returns calls anywhere from an hour to a week later. I am looking for a new cleaning service today.

Description of Work
I hired Sophia's company for routine cleaning of my 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house including kitchen, dining room and family room using my cleaning products.

Category house cleaning

Sorry, it did not work out, but I can not order the people who work for me to work extra time for free nor to travel a significant distance without paying them for it.

02/07/2008

Angela M V.

Every time that I called, Sophia was readily available and answered the phone. When I had some scheduling issues, I emailed her and she responded right away with an email. The first time that I called I needed her to come out on a specific day at a specific time and she was able to meet my needs on a short notice. Another time we had other things being done at the same time (carpet cleaning, remodeling) and she worked around that schedule as well. They did really good work. Their prices were amazing since they were here for six hours; you can't really beat that! I have since used them again.

Description of Work
I've had them come out twice now, before parties. This was cleaning for a three bedroom, two bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen.

11/19/2007

JOANNA P.

I was very happy to come across Sophia's agency since not many companies in this category offer Saturday house cleaning which is the only day that can fit into my schedule.Sophia was very pleasant & professional during the booking.She mailed to me a written estimate, menu of services/fees, & co. info. At time of booking,I clarified our address as it often gets confused with another street in Lombard. The night before the set cleaning day,Sophia called & asked to reschedule the 4hr cleaning from 8am to 10am.I agreed.The following day I called Sophia at 10:45 since no worker showed up & I did not get any calls.I asked if the person was lost but was told she is fine and will be at my home no later then 11:05.So, I waited. At noon there was neither worker nor phone call.I called Sophia & had to cancel the service since I couldn't wait any longer ;the service time of 4hrs would conflict with my other obligations that afternoon.Sophia said the person had wrong directions from the Internet.

Description of Work
Work was not performed due to worker being over 2 hrs late. I had to cancel due to delay. Sophia offered to reschedule. I declined.

Category house cleaning

I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR LESS THAN POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH MY COMPANY. THIS WAS A RARE OCCURRENCE AND IS NOT A REPRESENTATION OF OUR BUSINESS PRACTICES. THE CLEANING LADY HAD WRONG DIRECTIONS FROM THE MAPQUEST AND SHE COULD NOT GET HOLD OF ME BECAUSE MY CELL PHONE WAS OFF TEMPORARILY AND I LEFT THE OFFICE WHEN SHE STARTED HEADING OUT TO THE CUSTOMER'S HOME. I AM TRULY SORRY ABOUT THIS MISCOMMUNICATION.

10/04/2007

Carol C.

I called Sophia for an estimate on having my townhouse cleaned prior to my son's birthday party. She provided me a verbal cost estimate and followed up with a written contract. Jolanda arrived on time, professional, and utilized her own cleaning supplies for this initial "deep" clean. She was here for almost 5.5 hours and cleaned everything very thoroughly. I was very impressed by her attention to detail. So much, in fact, that I subsequently worked with Sophia to set up a monthly cleaning schedule. I'm happy to have the same housekeeper every time. Jolanda is very nice and recommended good cleaning products for me to purchase. She does awesome little extras like washing my bathroom rugs, without even being asked. I have no issue with her being in my house while I'm not home, she is clearly trustworthy and careful.

Description of Work
A representative from Sophia's cleaning performed an initial "deep" clean of my 2 bdrm/2 bath townhouse. After seeing her work, I set-up a scheduled monthly cleaning schedule. The initial cleaning was $110 (due to extra time required & using their supplies), but the regular monthly cleanings are $80 (w/my supplies).

08/07/2007

MARY O.

I booked her weeks in advance. I called back they said they only had one person; they ended up sending that one person over and the job was unsatisfactory. It seems they hardly cleaned anything. She cleaned the wrong room so we sent her home.

Description of Work
Came to clean specific rooms in our home.

Category house cleaning

FIRST, I WANT TO STRESS OUT THAT I VALUE AND RESPECT ALL THE CUSTOMERS' COMMENTS ABOUT US. THEY MOTIVATE US TO DO EVEN BETTER JOB EVERY TIME. HOWEVER, I FIND THE ABOVE COMMENT TO BE RATHER UNJUSTIFIED. WE CLEANED THE CUSTOMER'S HOME ONCE, IT WAS NINE MONTHS AGO IN JANUARY 07. THE CLEANING WAS DONE SATURDAY MORNING RIGHT BEFORE THE PARTY STARTING IN EARLY AFTERNOON. ONE PERSON COULD HAVE EASILY CLEANED THE PREMISES IN FOUR SCHEDULED HOURS ON ANY OTHER DAY. BUT WITH ALL THE PARTY PREPARATIONS AND CONFLICTING CLEANING REQUESTS FROM DIFFERENT FAMILY MEMBERS PRESENT THERE IT WAS BOUND TO BE NOT A VERY SATISFACTORY CLEANING EXPERIENCE FOR BOTH THE CLIENT AND THE CLEANING LADY. I AM SORRY IT DID NOT WORK OUT, I DID APPLY A DISCOUNTED RATE FOR THAT CLEANING AND IT SEEMED TO BE SATISFACTORY TO THE CLIENT, AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD AT THAT TIME. WHILE IT IS CORRECT THAT ONLY ONE PERSON CAME TO CLEAN, THE FACT IS THAT EVEN THAT ONE PERSON WAS IN EVERYBODY'S WAY, WITH TWO IT WOULD PROBABLY BE EVEN MORE CONFUSION. I DID SUGGEST A MONTH EARLIER, IN THE PRECEDING DECEMBER, TO DO A THOROUGH CLEANING ONE TIME BEFORE THAT, BUT THE CUSTOMER DECLINED THE SUGGESTION. I AM TRULY SORRY IT DID NOT WORK OUT ON THE DAY OF THE PARTY. HOWEVER, IF THERE STILL IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO LEAVE THE CUSTOMER WITH A MORE POSITIVE IMPRESSION OF OUR COMPANY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AT (708) 485-8100.

07/26/2007

MICHAEL W.

Highly rated, works very hard and efficiently.

Description of Work
They cleaned my house.

06/21/2007

Beth M.

Once I did make contact with Sophia, she was personable and scheduled an appointment for the next week. She suggested I get a 4 or 5 hour cleaning, I chose 5 hours, she quoted me $90 for the 5 hours and $10 for them to provide cleaning materials. She was accommodating to my request that they come between 9 and 10 versus 8 am. She was also able to tell me it would be Tuesday or Wednesday and she called me Sunday evening to confirm the date and time. The person showed up on time and did a good job. They even cleaned the toaster which was very dirty. The next day Sophia called and said the price was $75 for the cleaning and $10 for cleaning materials, which was lower than the 5 hour rate. This was comforting, because I had no way of knowing how long they were actually there, since I was away at work.

Description of Work
Clean 1400 square feet townhome with hardwood floors in 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room, one master bedroom with carpet and 2 full bathrooms.

03/07/2007

BRIDGET B.

Really quiet well. I liked working with Sophia, her English is good enough and she was pleasant and accommodating. I got a cleaning lady with short notice, she showed up a little early (I was in the shower), I felt bad about that and gave her a bigger tip. She didn't speak English really but that's okay. I was pleased with the final product.

Description of Work
I hired the service to clean my two bedroom, 1 bath house. I hadn't used a cleaning service in quiet some time and had had some plaster work done, so there was a very fine layer of plaster dust everywhere that I just didn't want to deal with. I think I paid for four hours of one person cleaning my house. I liked this service because it seemed flexible and they didn't need you around while they worked.

02/14/2007

MICHAEL G.

She did a great job. The house was very clean. She was courteous and hardworking. When she finished, she asked me if everything was ok. She was very attentive to my needs.

Description of Work
I have a three bedroom home with 2 baths. The house was deep cleaned from top to bottom. She washed all the floors by hand. We have a dog, and she went into every corner and made sure all the dog hair was removed. She also cleaned under my bed.

Dixons Dirt Stoppers

At Dixon's Dirt Stoppers, we believe that you work too hard to worry about a job done right. Let our IICRC certified trained technicians take a weight off your shoulders by restoring your home and maintaining it in optimal condition. Every service comes with our satisfaction guarantee. Offering Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Natural Stone and Tile Cleaning, and Pressure Washing. We are serving Cook County, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Lagrange, Lagrange Park, Hickory Hills, Palos Hills, Palos Park, Oak Lawn, Western Spring and Hinsdale

Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning

Locations in Barrington, Chicago, Glenview, Lisle, Naperville and St. Charles. Servicing the whole Chicagoland Area. Established in 2003. We provide professional services of Window Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Repair and Power Washing. You can schedule an appointment and rest easy knowing you'll receive quick, clean, safe and reliable services for your home or business. We are dedicated to providing unparalleled service and motivated to earn your business for life!

Offers by Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning on Angi
    Prime Time Window & Gutter Cleaning Inc

Over 50,000 satisfied customers since 1996, we are the premier home improvement company in Chicago and the surrounding areas. Prime Time Window Cleaning provides the best residential home and commercial property services at the most competitive price. Our goal is to make each customer a raving fan and to earn not only their business, but also that of their friends, neighbors, and relatives. If you are not satisfied with our service to your home, you simply do not have to pay! Contact Prime Time Window Cleaning for your window washer Chicago services, as well as other exterior projects, such as gutter cleaning and power washing. We look forward to helping your home look its best! Book an appointment today at 800-480-1360.

Offers by Prime Time Window & Gutter Cleaning Inc on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

House Cleaning Service, Maid Service, Residential Cleaning Service, Commercial Cleaning Services, Office Cleaning Service, Cleaning Lady, Home Cleaning, House Cleaners, office cleaning, Chicago Cleaning Services, Cleaning Services near me, La grange Cleaning Services, Hinsdale Cleaning Services, House Cleaners near me, maid services near me, home cleaning near me

Carpet Cleaning, Specialty Upholstery Cleaning, Floor Waxing, house painting (we recommend 3rd Gen Painting and Remodeling in Western Springs, IL)