MAAS Auto Inc

Founded 1970 • With Angi since November 2002

1500 W 55TH ST

La Grange, IL 60525

17 employees. No subs. Cost is flat rate depending upon the job....

08/01/2017

Kalvis C.

They only do whats necessary. On occasion they do small things for no charge and their charges are reasonable. They do a very good job and I have never had a reason to complain.

08/01/2017

Kalvis C.

The waiting room was clean and stocked with coffee as well as wifi. The owner is always very animated and I the wait for the oil change is only about 10 minutes.

Description of Work
I took my daughters car here for her synthetic oil change.

07/27/2017

Anna N.

It couldn't have gone any better. So nice to have a happy, honest and professional auto repair now that my manufacturer warrant is up.

Description of Work
A/C was not working. Turns out I needed a condenser and it turned out their price, including labor was about $200 cheaper than what Google search said the average price is. Cool that they also have a guy that they can call to take you home and pick you up at no charge but tips are welcome.

06/10/2017

John M.

It was one of those look in the book and it said pull over immediately. They were good. This was on a Sunday and I was driving my husbands car on the way to a baby shower. They were good about getting a tow truck out there.

Description of Work
There was some issue and one of the warning lights came on in the car. It was something with the rear axle.

02/21/2017

Catherine B.

Maas was different. It was a simple fix with the gas cap. While the truck was there, they noticed the slow cranking of the ignition and said we needed a new battery. It was indeed quite old so I thanked them for bringing it to our attention before we got stranded somewhere. All work done in a timely matter and for a fair price.

Description of Work
The "Check Engine" light came on. In the past, I have been burned badly by car dealer repair shops who seemed to see this as a big jackpot! They would try something for a few hundred dollars and a few days later the light would come on again. Oops, they would say. We tried the cheaper fix and now we have to go on to the pricier one. I got so fed up that I got rid of the last car the dealers played this game on. Vowed to never keep a car long enough to get caught in this game.

06/02/2016

Kenyon F.

I had an issue with my '99 Saab 9-3 in Rosemont, IL. Suddenly the car, with manual transmission, could not be put in reverse and the stick shift became extremely loose. I chose to have my car towed back to my local auto repair shop, Maas Auto Inc. in La Grange, because Mr. Maas runs an honest business. I was concerned about a major repair and bill. Mr. Maas called and told me that the shift belt had come loose. They reconnected it and the car was running well. He did say if it happened again they would probably have to replace the belt. Only $235.00 INCLUDING the tow from Rosemont. That's why I go to Marty Maas! Who knows what the bill would have been if I'd have towed to the nearest mechanic.

Description of Work
'99 Saab 9-3 repair.

11/21/2015

ANDREW C.

They only problem is getting the car in. Sometimes there is a waiting list. They are honest and friendly. They wont tell you that you need something when you really don't.

Description of Work
I go to MASS Auto.

02/03/2015

LAWRENCE B.

I've never had a problem there. They carry out insurance for all the workers. I would trust them to tell me what has to be done. They are quality people and they do quality work.

Description of Work
Maas Auto Inc checked the fluids in my car.

01/16/2015

LYNNE B.

They fix just about anything. The price is always right. The workers are very nice and polite. There is nothing negative to say about them. It took about fifteen minutes for oil change. The waiting room is nice. They have magazines, coffee, and a computer to use.

Description of Work
I had an oil change and other maintenance work done.

10/21/2014

Maria S.

First off I have been going to MAAS forever. My dad introduced me to MAAS and I have always taken my car there as long as I lived in the area. What i like about MAAS is that they don't try to sell you stuff that you do not need. They don't pull out your air filters and try to tell you that you need to change all of them, like other places. They will also work with you. I needed several things done on my car, but didn't have the money at the time. I told Marty this and he told me what I should have done now and what could wait until I had more money. He was honest and fair. Plus he also has good jokes for you when you come in. Great place, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Oil change

07/25/2014

Rebecca L.

At first I was a little hesitant to call them because I didn't know if they would take on a repair like this but it wasn't a problem. I cannot believe how little they charged me in labor to take my door apart and install the part needed to get the door working again. It took about a 6 days lead time to get an appointment and a couple of days to get the right part but they were good about keeping me informed and repairing it fairly quickly. This is the first time I used them- based on Angie's List reviews- and I will never go a different auto repair place again. No more taking my car in to a dealer and dreading the inevitable phone call with an estimate that is sure to produce a knot in my stomach.

Description of Work
Fixed a power sliding door on my Toyota Sienna minivan that was stuck in the shut position.

05/23/2014

Christopher O.

The engine in my 2002 Nissan Altima had gotten increasingly loud over the past few weeks. I called Maas in the morning and they said to bring it over and they'd check to see what the problem was. If it had been the dealer where I've had repairs done in the past, they would've required me to make an appointment and charged me $100 for the service time just to take a look at the car. The first thing the guys at Maas did was check the oil, and found the level to be extremely low, and the oil that was left to be very dirty. They replaced the oil, then put the car on a lift to check for any leaks. There were none. Cost ... $29.00 for the oil change. Amazing. I'm convinced the dealer would've "found" something else to repair and charged me an arm and a leg for it. Marty was great. I'll never take my cars anywhere else!

Description of Work
Found the cause of loud noise under the hood and fixed it.

04/06/2014

Susan M.

I had squealing after driving vehicle for 20 minutes but squealing stopped when brakes applied. They told me the brakes were in good shape but fixed something with the brake calibers. It stopped and I know had I gone to a dealer, I would have spent money on new brakes among other things. I will ONLY bring my vehicles to Maas and am very grateful for honesty. I actually had to fight with Marty to buy the more expensive wiper blades as he told me I didn't need to spend the extra money. I did anyway. :) Although my name is Maas, I am not related and was just a strange coincidence.

Description of Work
He fixed brake calibers in rear.

09/13/2013

Eric R.

They always do a great job.

Description of Work
They fixed my brakes and rear door locks

09/13/2013

Eric R.

Maas is a great place to take your car. They do fantastic work and you can trust them.

Description of Work
Oil change

Category auto body repair

04/10/2013

Pam B.

My 2007 Toyota Sienna failed the vehicle emissions test. I contacted MAAS and explained to them that my vehicle had failed because the computer in my car could not communicate with the emissions testing equipment. I believed it was their equipment not my car, but the emissions people would not allow my vehicle to be retested without a certificate from my mechanic. MAAS was completely booked up so I couldn't bring the car over immediately, but they scheduled an appointment for several days later. When I arrived for my appointment, Marty greeted me as always. i explained the problem and he agreed to look at my car while I waited to determine if there was a problem. They tested my vehicle and had no difficulty connecting. MAAS completed the paperwork required by the state of Illinois to prove that my car had been seen by a mechanic. They determined that my car would pass the testing. They also took the time to look up different vehicle emissions locations to take my vehicle to. AND, they wouldn't accept any payment for the time and service that they provided. An excellent place to take a vehicle where you have no concerns of being taken advantage of. Thanks a bunch!

Description of Work
Fix the computer in my car to allow my car to "talk" with vehicle emissions testing equipment.

03/25/2013

Daniel R.

Marty and his team are fantastic. They are responsive, always explain things, and never charge you for something you don't need.

Description of Work
We have gone to MAAS many times now, but most recently we brought our car in for a battery/alternator issue.

03/04/2013

Cathy P.

I felt very good about what he told me and believed him and decide to take his advice on replacing the car instead of all the parts.

Description of Work
Had my car checked for problems with a light staying on all the time , I had parts changed but still had same problems . The repair person told me there were to many problems and cost to repair it . That I should just replace it . So I did......

10/25/2012

Maribel G.

GREAT BUSINESS!!!!! I will not go anywhere else to have my car repaired. Every honest and will show you the parts that were replaced without you even having to request to see the old parts. Very Clean shop and excellent customer service. The employees and owner are extremely professional in all of there dealings with their customers! I will refer people to this auto shop.

Description of Work
Awesome Performance! Will not have anyone else work on my vehicle....I will have my car toll to the shop from anywhere in the WORLD! They have 2 locations. Make sure you ask which location you made your appointment at and request the address. They will pick you up and drop you off, if needed. Everyone at the shop is knowledgeable and if they do not know the answer to your question they will find the answer. They appear to work as a family and they function like a team. I originally took my vehicle to them because my car would not start and I was told by another mechanic it was my relay. I gave them this information, once he looked at the vehicle he called me and told me it was my battery. He could of easily charged me for the relay and the battery, however, he was honest and made sure I only paid for the services I needed. I brought new tires from them and the owner came to me with all the different brands that could be used on my vehicle. He had a quote ready for every individual brand and asked which tire I would like him to use. When you purchase the tires from them they do a wheel aliment. Most places charge extra for the aliment. He did not give me his opinion until I asked his for his opinion. He did not push for me to purchase the most expensive equipment. The last location that rotated my tires, lost my bolts and replaced them with bolts that were to small. I did not know this, however, when Maas replaced the tires they corrected this problem and showed me the old bolts. I had my windshield wipers replaced and he found the best price. I requested the Best wipers I could use for my vehicle and informed him that I did not care about the price. He could of taken advantage of the situation however, he did not.

07/11/2012

Leonard D.

Maas Auto Inc are trustworthy. They do not sell you more than what you need. They do quality work. Their prices are reasonable. I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I had an oil change.

07/09/2012

Austin K.

They did the oil change, fix the boiler fan and filling up of coolant. He is friendly and very honest. The price is reasonable.

Description of Work
I have used Maas Auto for my auto service. I used them a month ago.

04/06/2012

Catherine S.

They have a really good mechanic on staff. They are very good at diagnosing. Their turn around times are good.

Description of Work
We have our vehicle serviced at Maas Auto. They most recently have done a lot of work on an older Volvo.

03/02/2012

CAROLE Z.

We’re happy with the work they do. I think they’re thorough and honest.

Description of Work
We take our cars here for service as needed.

08/22/2010

LAWRENCE B.

I took the car to Maas after hearing what sounded like a leaky tailpipe. My wife also told me the check engine light had come on. Marty had his guys put it up on the lift to see what was going on and showed me that it was not the exhaust pipes, but a leaky gasket at the catalytic converter. He then scheduled me to bring the car back, ordered the part, and completed the job at the appointed time. He also had his son, Eric, who is the chief mechanic, do a computer check to find out why the check engine light was on. He said it would be best if they fixed the gasket first prior to more work indicated by the computer. Once the gasket was replaced the computer no longer showed any additional work was necessary. Eric and Marty are extremely competent and trustworthy! It is a pleasure to work with them. They are good people, and they are good to their employees. All of their employees have paid health insurance, even the porters. I have actually used them several times recently, as I had my daughter's car in for a couple of problems. I will continue to take my vehicles for all non-warranty work.

Description of Work
Replace a gasket at the catalytic converter that was leaking badly.

08/11/2010

OMAR Z.

The guy that was working on the car got in my car and told me he could not hear the static and so I still have the same problem to this day.

Description of Work
I took my car in for service. I had static on my radio. Everytime you would hit the brakes, you would hear the static in the radio. They spent 3 hours working on it.

Category auto repair

I looked into this complaint but this customer never came in on November 15th by us. We are closed Sundays. I did see that he came to us on Sept. 18th for a battery and had us remove his aftermarket alarm and remote start (installed somewhere else) due to a battery draw issue. He never complained of any radio issues. We never charged him for ANY time to look into any radio issues. I have contacted him and hope that he calls me back. I take every complaint very serious and always try to resolve them promptly. Maybe he reviewed the wrong shop?