SCHOMIG LAND SURVEYORS LTD

Founded 1956 • With Angi since May 2005

4.1

PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR. RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL SURVEYS. CALL - FAX - EMAIL WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A FREE QUOTATION....

10/12/2017

We received several bids, from $550 to $2500 for the work associated with issuing an elevation certificate. Our research showed the average for an elevation certificate for our area is $336 - $669. Our quote from this provider was the max, $2500. Most were closer to the average range. We noticed that other reviews on this website have been somewhat favorable, so they may offer other competitive services. The experience for our need just is way too overpriced.

Description of Work
First of all, did not hire this provider, so take our review with the needed grain of salt. We needed an elevation certificate to deal with FEMA wanting to increase our flood insurance. {I'll leave out my political statement here to let you insert your own on FEMA.}

07/26/2017

Everything went well.

Description of Work
Traditional land survey along with topographical survey.

10/21/2015

Description of Work
Surveyed my property. Completed job as quoted.

10/06/2015

Description of Work
On 9/8/15 I contacted them to have a land survey done for the placement of a fence. I paid $250.00 and was informed that it would take 7-10 days. I would be contacted. I waited and this morning I contacted the company I was placed on hold for a few minutes then offered an appointment for tomorrow. I expressed I no longer need their services. I was informed that they will withhold 2% because I canceled, REALLY? Had I not called I would still be waiting.

Category land surveyor

When Ms. [member name] order this survey, it was requested that she provide us with the legal description for the property to be surveyed. The legal description tells us how to do the survey and without that we connot do the required work. Apparently she forgot that request and we cannot chase down all the orders we have when a customer fails to provide the information needed to do the work. The charge cost us 4% in and 4% out, and we feel that by her cancelling the order that his was more than a fair amount to charge for the cancellation for her failure to provide the needed legal description.

07/21/2015

05/07/2015

10/28/2014

Description of Work
Their price was similar to the quotes of the other surveyors contacted. The job was completed several days earlier than quoted, and they supplied extra copies of the plate for the quoted price.

02/15/2013

They were quick and the prices were competitive.

Description of Work
They did land surveying.

Category land surveyor

Thanks for your kind review - can you think of anything that we can do to that would improve our service even more ?

05/04/2005

I HAVE USED SCHOMIG LAND SURVEYORS FOR THE PAST 13 YEARS TO DO SURVEYS FOR REAL ESTATE CLOSINGS. I HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE ONE OF THE MOST THOROUGH AND CONSCIENTIOUS SURVEYORS IN SOUTHERN COOK COUNTY. THEY DO QUALITY WORK AT WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE REASONABLE PRICES. ALL OF THEIR RESIDENTIAL SURVEYS ARE STAKED, NOT SPOTTED. THEIR TURN AROUND TIME ON SURVEYS IS ALSO QUITE GOOD.

Description of Work
STAKED SURVEYS, TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEYS, ALTA SURVEYS & CONDOMINIUM SURVEYS.

Category land surveyor

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL: STAKED BOUNDARY SURVEYS, TOPOGRAPICAL SURVEYS, FEMA FLOOD CERTS, SITE PLANS, NEW CONSTRUCTION SURVEYS, ALTA ACSM LAND TITLE SURVEY, CONDOMINIUM SURVEYS NEW AND CONVERSION.

MasterCard, Check, Visa