Dryer Vent Wizard of Greater Chicago

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2010

534 Barnsdale Rd

La Grange Park, IL 60526

We are certified and veteran owned. We perform at every home a 10-point inspection on everything to do with dryer vents. This includes readings on the dryer and vent line to determine the efficiency of the entire vent system. During the evaluation process many things are considered such as: type of

03/18/2020

Thomas D.

DO NOT HIRE; I repeat, DO NOT HIRE. I hired Manny to clean a blocked dryer vent. He indicated that a service call would require a $39 charge to evaluate / estimate what work was needed. After looking at our duct, he advised he would need to come back the following day and cut a hole in the garage ceiling to access the duct. After this was completed and without any notice regarding the cost of this work, I was presented with a bill for $444. The work completed was both sloppy and unsafe. He cut the furnace exhaust duct by mistake - but left it cut open, venting carbon monoxide into the attic, which in this case adjoins the master bedroom. Carbon Monoxide is known as a silent killer - and if I had not climbed up into the attic to inspect after the service call, it would have vented the furnace exhaust around the bedroom walls indefinitely. After Manny cut open the dryer duct to drain the trapped moisture, he re-attached it to the roof vent using some scrap sheet metal and tape (and boasted to me that his new 'custom' adapter would be much more efficient). This should have been done with a 4" start collar, which sells for less than $4 at any hardware store and would have made the connection properly. Had he shared that the cost would be $400+, I would have happily performed the work myself. I only hired because the vent was taller than my 6' ladder could reach, and a vent cleaning was about the cost of buying a 10' ladder, which I would otherwise rarely use. As a result of the shoddy work, I spent two hours in the attic correcting the work that Dryer Vent Wizard performed, and replacing the furnace exhaust line that was left cut open. I would encourage you to keep shopping elsewhere for your vent cleaning needs.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

08/20/2018

Dan M.

Rich was the gentleman that came out to my house. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He connected my dryer vent pipe to the outside. This vent was in a tough location in a ripped up floor under a plumbing wall but Rich got to it and fixed it in no time. Can not say enough on how much he helped me out.

Description of Work
Repaired and cleaned dryer vent to outside

12/13/2017

J M.

Great. It went great.

Description of Work
dryer vent

03/26/2017

Barbara S.

Went well. Done in 45 minutes. Looks like new.

Description of Work
Replaced plastic vent with one that was up to code. Cleaned inside lint trap area.

10/25/2016

Joseph F.

Did a Great Job!

Description of Work
Cleaned out dryer vent

02/11/2016

cinda P.

They were very pleasant, did a good job, worked around my work schedule and covered dirty shoes while going in and out of doors. I would highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Cleaned my dryer vent promptly and worked around my work schedule.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed], for this great review. We were happy to be able to work around your schedule to get your dryer vent working optimally again! As always, we treat every home as if it were our own. Please call us anytime for any dryer vent concerns you may have.

02/05/2016

rajaram P.

my laundry dryer vent got disconnected from the wall which is behind the furnace. there is no any space to get back there to put it back. I called manny for service. I assumed that he will say, that I may need rerouting the pipe. its my first time using his services. manny and his wife Josephine( I think I said the right name) came as soon as we called and he worked very hard to put it back there and fixed it by not saying I need a new pipe installation etc.it was a very very difficult job and he was able to fix it. its very unusual to come across honest techs like him in these days. we really need service people like him to maintain our stupid money pit homes. to me I felt that he did an amazing job and charged very very reasonably. I can gladly vouch for his work ability and work ethic. this couple are very likeable and very nice. finally prompt response to my call and an amazing job. thank you manny.

Description of Work
fixed the dislodged laundry dryer vent pipe.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for this great review. The job there was certainly interesting and we're glad we could figure it out and correct it. It's wonderful to work with people who want their vent system as safe as it can be; it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

06/12/2015

Brian P.

I have nothing but good things to say about this experience. Our relatively new dryer was making a loud rattling noise. I found out through another provider that this was caused by a massive buildup of lint and dust inside the dryer itself. The contractor recommended that I have my dryer vent checked and cleaned. After researching a few companies on Angie's List, I decided to go with Dryer Vent Wizard of Greater Chicago. Our appointment was initially scheduled for another day, but Manny called a few days earlier and asked if I would be available to have him come by that afternoon since his schedule opened up unexpectedly. I was of course willing to oblige, and he and another employee (whose name I can't remember now) arrived about 45 minutes later. Believe or not, one of the challenges he faced was trying to find the dryer vent's termination point outside the house. We searched all over the place, and Manny eventually realized that it was under our deck. The previous owner apparently hired a contractor who built the deck over the dryer vent and covered it completely! So Manny went to the truck, grabbed a circle saw, and sawed through a board in the deck. Lo and behold, there was the dryer vent! His associate grabbed some cleaning tools, and as he worked I saw a bunch of lint coming out of the vent. Yikes! It's scary to think what might have happened if we hadn't gone through the trouble of finding the vent and getting it cleaned. There are a couple of other things I appreciated about Manny's service: (1) He gave a helpful tip on how to test my dryer's effectiveness every three to six months so that I wouldn't have to call him again unless another cleaning was absolutely necessary. (2) He noticed we use fabric softener sheets, so he gave me another tip on washing my dryer's lint trap. (This was eye-opening! I had no idea that using these dryer sheets can cause an invisible film to build up in the trap, making it easier for lint to build up in the appliance itself rather than going through the vent as it should.) The work took about an hour from start to finish. It has now been more than two weeks since Manny came by. Our dryer purrs like a kitten, and it works SO MUCH faster now. We very much appreciated Manny's friendly, personable approach, and the bottom line is he got the job done at a reasonable price. We were very happy to give Dryer Vent Wizard our business, and we have no hesitation recommending them to anyone who needs to have their dryer vents inspected and cleaned (or as in our case, discovered!). They will be our "go to" company should any future needs arise.

Description of Work
Cleaned our dryer vent (after finding it!).

06/01/2015

Michael S.

04/22/2015

Kirk M.

They checked and cleaned out everything. Did all that was asked of them. Will use them again when vent needs cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned out existing vent tube. Tested airflow. Finished job efficiently.

11/27/2013

Suzanne V.

Great! We tried to clean it ourselves with no luck. I feel this needs to be done to prevent a fire. My dryer was always lukewarm and took forever to dry my clothes.

Description of Work
Cleaned and replaced dryer vent line that was blocked after 20 years.

11/20/2013

debbie R.

I left Manny a voicemail in the morning and after speaking a few times, Manny arrived at my house at 4:00 in the afternoon. He took a look at my dryer vent on the outside (which always gets clogged and my clothes don't dry) and he brought the vented piece in. He explained how and why the vent was not working and explained since I had siding, it was not good to do anything major until the first couple 50 degrees days of next spring. He did fix it for now and also, fixed the venting in the laundry room. He did not charge me for my visit but, instead we shook hands and made a commitment that I will call him in the spring to fix it with a new vent cover. I will be calling Manny in the spring and also, be passing around Manny's name. Great service, very nice man!

Description of Work
Cleaned my dryer vent outside my house and installed the vent inside properly

10/19/2013

Hans B.

Manny was very thorough, professional and made some suggestions to increase the efficiency of our vent. HE was on time and called prior to arrival. Very neat clean and knowledgeable. He Will definitely be our go to guy for vent cleaning.

Description of Work
Called to clean our dryer vent line..

09/26/2013

Bonnie H.

I didn't need to wait for an appointment, he was on time and did an overall great job for me. I will have him back every year.

Description of Work
I have 2 dryers in my house. Manny cleaned the vent on one and diagnosed the problem on the second.

01/16/2013

Subramanian K.

NA

Description of Work
Did a good job, but a little pricey.

11/09/2012

Ronald W.

Manuel & his son came at scheduled time & completed job in a timely fashion. I was well satisfied with the work they did considering the unique location of the dryer. They also removed the old plastic venting & covered hole in wall.

Description of Work
Stalled new dryer vent & re-roofing it through roof. Completed job as my dryer is in a cramped location on shelf above washer in a closet. I'm on a slab, no basement. Old venting went up to attic & came around & down under kitchen cabinets before venting to outside.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/17/2012

John M.

I live in a condo complex with dryer vents extending up through the roof. I was having problems with my dryer and thought the vent needed cleaning, so I contacted Manny from a recommendation. He supplied the necessary insurance info to our management company and showed up right on time for his appointment. After checking the dryer, airflow through the vents and roof, he found a previous repairmen had not correctly hooked up the vent INSIDE the dryer. He fixed the problem and let me know at this point I did not need the vertical vent cleaned. He could have easily upsold me a cleaning, but being an honest man, he did not. I trust Manny's knowledge and expertise as well as him as a person.

Description of Work
Checked vertical vents for lint and fixed vent inside dryer.

06/06/2012

Jane D.

Everything is in order now.

Description of Work
After I got the dryer fixed by AAA Appliance Service Center, I needed to have the vent cleaned, and called Dryer Vent Wizard. They came quickly, and found that the vent was not only clogged, but the materials weren't up to code, and the shape was too curvy and hard to clean. Because of the certification, he couldn't do the job without fixing the problems, and quoted me the price for cleaning and then for redoing the vent (had to cut into the wall). The next day he came with a helper, and between the two, one on the roof and the other next to the dryer, fixed that vent. I was afraid of the mess when cutting thru the drywall, but the helper was holding a vacuum cleaner all the time while he was cutting, and unbelievably, there was no dust. They had to reroute the vent, and because it wasn't as difficult as he thought it would be, he charged me less for the job he didn't have to do! (ok, I was really impressed by that. Didn't expect it. Usually, is the other way around). I have to confess I wasn't very convinced Angie's List would be so helpful (I cynically assume people hire others to send in great reviews, and even to send bad reviews for other companies. I stand corrected. The system works!)

Category dryer vent cleaning

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. is a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1989. We pride our selves on great service at a fair price. At A-1 all of our technicians are certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America, and we are fully bonded and insured. We are accredited members of the Better Business Bureau, members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, we hold the best of Lombard award for 2012, 2013&2014 and the best of Glen Ellyn award for 2012 .

Offers by A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. on Angi
    Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi
    The Lint King - Dryer Vent Cleaning Experts

We are about Laundry Room Safety & Energy Efficiency by maintaining your Dryer Vent/Duct with annual cleaning and repairs. At The Lint King - Dryer Vent Cleaning Experts, we focus on putting Illinois Homeowners First! We Inspect, Clean, and TEACH especially new homeowners, how to properly use their clothes dryer for maximum efficiency and savings on utility bills! Call for a quote today. There are many benefits to cleaning dryer vents like; fire safety, lower utility bills, and no mold & mildew. The best way to prevent the possibility of a dryer fire harming your family is with an annual dryer vent inspection and cleaning by the professionals at The Lint King Dryer Vent Cleaning Experts.

2022 Super Service Award

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover
    10.00

Dryer vent cleaning, interior machine de-linting, installation, repair, alteration, repair/replace dryer transitions and termination vent covers, replace washing machine hoses, drill holes through concrete, install roof vents, condo & multi-unit as well as residential.

Dryer repair.