PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling

Illinois: Plumbers
09/30/2022

467 Ruby St

Joliet, IL 60435

If you are going to trust someone to come in where everything you appreciate is, you want to be sure they are of a quality caliber. We believe it's what’s inside that matters and will do what's right, every step of the way. With PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 you’ll meet a top-notch team who is fair and will have your back for safety and comfort. PDM plumbers and HVAC techs work safely, keep their word and enjoy helping you solve anything related to maintenance, repair and installation. We go out of our way to make you more comfortable and more satisfied with your home service call. Flexible Scheduling. We will confirm your appointment and let you know who is coming. Our uniformed techs wear masks, gloves, booties. Provide a thorough analysis, review solutions and pricing. We are ready to work. Trucks are neatly stocked with repair and installation supplies! Call PDM for expert troubleshooting and top-notch installation. Additional DBA: Poehner, Dillman & Mahalik, Inc.....

4.4

plumbers (38)HVAC Companies (20)drain cleaning (6)water heaters (6)water softeners (3)air duct cleaning (1)

08/18/2020

Marguerite M.

fixed it quickly without expensive replacement work, managed to repair the existing fixture.

Description of Work
Toilet was wobbly.

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

Coach John Wooden taught "things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." Happy to hear we kept you comfortable with our advice and repair. Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your review and for trusting PDM. Stay well...

03/16/2020

Carol M.

Prompt, courteous, affordable service! We’ve been looking for a new plumber, and I’ll definitely call PDM the next time we need one.

Description of Work
Slow tub drain, toilet flapper

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

T. S. Elliot wrote, "Every moment is a fresh beginning." [Member Name Removed], happy to hear you found a fresh, new plumber! Thanks for sharing and we look forward to keeping you comfortable.

02/11/2020

Kurt C.

Excellent! Anthony is very skilled and professional. He is also very efficient.

Description of Work
This work today was an annual cleaning and maintenance inspection of my furnace.

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

We find happiness by delivering it. Glad to hear Anthony earned your trust. Thanks for choosing the PDM Clean Team and for sharing a review!

02/02/2020

Michael B.

Great company. I need a gas grill hooked up for a client. They came first to do an evaluation and an estimate. Once they scheduled, they were on time. They also corrected the existing piping. They will be my go-to guys for any more work going forward!

Description of Work
Plumbing job

Work Completed On 01/26/2020

"A thousand words can't make the mark a single deed will leave." - H. Ibsen. Wonderful to hear we earned your trust. You'll have a caring team of professional plumbing, heating and cooling craftsmen whenever needed. Cheers!

11/29/2019

Robert K.

I was reassured by a PDM professional that the issue was not serious and would be unlikely to reoccur. This was very reassuring.

Description of Work
Shower fixture issues

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your trust in our experience. We're happy to could give you some peace of mind and appreciate you taking time to write a review! Until the next time...Cheers.

10/24/2019

Karen V.

Anthony was great! Very knowledgeable and competent. PDM (and Anthony) is my go-to plumber from now on.

Description of Work
Leaking kitchen faucet and broken shower valve

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

Great to hear Anthony took care of you so well. Thanks for choosing the PDM Comfort Team and for sharing a service review!

10/10/2019

willard T.

Very well. I have used Pete before, and I know he does excellent work, is very punctual and professional, and does an excellent job.

Description of Work
Replacing kitchen faucet and replacing shut off valve in basement.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

Great to hear Pete took good care of you. As Larry Winget noted, "Success comes from what you do, not from what you say you're going to do." Thanks for trusting PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Team and for taking the time to write a review!

09/18/2019

Corky D.

Excellent service and knowledgeable staff

Description of Work
Annual furnace service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Wonderful to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing the PDM Comfort Team!

08/21/2019

John D.

Fantastic. I called late in the day and service man came the same day. He had to wait for the ice to melt and returned after he went home. Problem was diagnostic and repaired immediately. First class operation from start to finish.

Description of Work
Repair air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

Not all plumbers or HVAC service techs are the same. With PDM it's what's inside that matters. So happy you found what makes the PDM Comfort Team special. Thanks for choosing PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and your kind review.

07/11/2019

Kurt C.

Excellent. The technician is always courteous and respectful of my home. They are prompt and efficient. Whenever there is a degraded component that needs attention they include me in the identification and replacement if necessary. before any additional work is done.

Description of Work
Annual cleaning and inspection of A/C unit and blower

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

As Vincent van Gogh wrote in a letter to his brother Theo in October 1882..."The great doesn't happen through impulse alone, and Is a succession of little things that are brought together." Thanks for your solid service review and for trusting in the PDM Comfort Team!

03/19/2019

ron W.

they wanted to charge me 330.00 thats nuts

Description of Work
install fausit in bathroom sink. i all ready got fausit. should take maybe 15 or 20 min.

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience with PDM. We appreciate the chance to work for you. When you spoke with our service center over the phone we gave you a ballpark number since your project was site unseen. Sorry we did not give you a range of possible prices over the phone. We never want a customer to be surprised by a cost. The actual price is determined by the plumber once he sees the project. We've been competitively priced for 134 years when it comes to your comfort and safety. Thanks again for giving the PDM Clean Team a chance to serve.

02/27/2019

Charles M.

I had to shut off water to the whole house due to the canister leaking after I had replaced the filter. I called PDM late in the afternoon and figured I would have to pay a premium rate for emergency service. The receptionist had Chris S. call me back. He explained how much it would cost for emergency service and offered to arrive at 7:00 the next morning. We decided to get by without water during the evening and overnight to save the money. Chris called in advance and arrived shortly after 7am. He quickly located a missing 0-ring which had fallen in the sump hole. Reinstalling the ring solved the problem. Chris was very cordial and professional. At my request, he explained an alternative method PDM could install for dealing with our very hard water.

Description of Work
My inline sediment filter was leaking

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "to handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart." Thank you for your kind review! Glad Chris got the water flowing again!

12/31/2018

diana H.

Very we’ll. The gentleman was out by 9 am to fix the gas leakes and put in a new water heater. I would definitely go with them again. We also had a flex hose leak behind the clothes dryer.

Description of Work
New water heater and fixed 3 gas leakes

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

"The scariest moment is always just before you start," Stephen King. Thanks for trusting the Nice Guys at PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885. We're here when you need help.

10/31/2018

Charles M.

Pete arrived well within the 2 hour window we were given. I even received a call from PDM's office a few minutes before the start of the window to let me know he would be a little late. That just meant he wouldn't make it when the time window started at 8am, but he was still within the window. I appreciate the company's great communication both by phone and email. Pete was efficient, professional, and personable. He did a great job! He explained the options and described how the toilet functioned compared to a newer model that PDM installed in our other bathroom in July. Although the toilet with the clog is over 30 years old, it still performed fine once Pete routed out the clog. Of course, that saved us a lot of money compared to replacing the toilet.

Description of Work
Clogged toilet

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

Good to hear Pete got your drain flowing in the right direction. Thank you for your review and for choosing the Nice Guys at PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885.

10/31/2018

Robert K.

They came out on time examined my current equipment and said they would send me an estimate for the project via email and I never received one.

Description of Work
Estimate for new furnace / a/c

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], I checked our records and see that Rudy ran the estimate on 09/11/18 between the time frame we promised. He created the quote for you and sent it from our computer software on 09/13/18 at 11:05 am. The email would have came from dispatchatcallpdm.com (For some reason this platform does not let you use the at symbol so I typed it out). The email did not come back to that email address as undeliverable and we did not hear from you, so we assumed you received the quote and opted not to do the work with us. If you need any more information or wish to see a copy of the email we sent, please feel free to contact us at 815-726-6264. Sincerely, Jake Mahalik Vice President PDM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling

07/19/2018

Summer K.

So first off the office manager, I spoke to was great, and got us an appointment same day for our office. Chris G. was so great, he knows his stuff and he's personable too! Great company, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Broken AC unit

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." -- Theodore Roosevelt. Yes, Chris cares a lot. Glad we got you back to normal fast and thanks for trusting in PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885!

07/17/2018

Charles M.

Anthony arrived on time and quickly diagnosed our problem. In addition to repairing the leak, he recommended an American Standard toilet to replace ours which was 31 years old. We chose to do that and received one that flushes with greater force than the old one. He took our old toilet with him and left the work area very clean.

Description of Work
Repair toilet leak

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

"It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald. Great to hear Anthony took good care of you. Thanks for choosing PDM and writing a review!

07/14/2018

Alan G.

Install went smoothly, job site left spotless, softener working perfectly since install 2 months ago. This was a new install not a replacement of softener.

Description of Work
Water softener installed

Category water softeners

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

"Finding happiness by delivering it." -- Chris Murry. Nice to hear the job went well and the soft water is making your life easier! Thanks for choosing the PDM Clean Team.

05/17/2018

GINA M.

It went smooth. I couldn't be there for the repairs so I gave them the key. Everything was great.

Description of Work
Repaired ruptured pipes that had frozen over the winter.

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

The only recognizable feature of hope is action." -- Grace Paley. Everyone at PDM appreciates your trust! Glad all is well.

05/04/2018

Laurie G.

Service was prompt,cleanly and attentive. Showed up on time very friendly and good with dogs.

Description of Work
Fixed sink trap.

Category plumbing

Wonderful to hear. Thank you for trusting in PDM and for taking the time to write a review!

03/15/2018

Mary R.

Requires further work from another trade, as plumbing and leaking pipes were not the issue.. Service provided by PDM was excellent. Everyone I spoke with, including Anthony our service tech were wonderful!

Description of Work
leak in ceiling

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

03/08/2018

Sheryl J.

We have used PDM for over 20 years and have been totally satisfied with services they have rendered. They respond promptly, perform professionally and their pricing is extremely competitive. They have rendered services both at our office and our home and we trust them completely. In fact, they often perform services at our home, while we are at work and we have no hesitation with them present at our home in our absence. We highly and without hesitation recommend their services.

Description of Work
Many plumbing and heating./ac issues over the years

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,water softeners,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/08/2018

02/26/2018

Debra V.

Technician was at my house at the time scheduled, he efficiently performed troubleshooting of my issue with the furnace, he explained the problem, answered all my questions concerning the repair and initiated the required repairs. My furnace required a new blower motor, they quickly found a replacement and performed the repairs. The technician also offered to provide space heaters until the repair was completed. I have used this company in the past and have never been disappointed with the quality of their service!

Description of Work
Repair of furnace blower motor