Huemann Water Conditioning

Founded 1964 • With Angi since January 2003

In 1964, Huemann Water Conditioning began as a family owned and operated business and since then has prospered by building strong customer relationships. We currently have 22 employees, where 12 of them are certified through the Water Quality Association (wqa.org). All work performed is through our employees where no subcontractors are used. We have employees who are certified and licensed plumbers in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. The 1st Saturday of each month we offer a salt sale where the customer picks up salt at our office. We service all equipment we sell and have the ability to service other equipment. Additional e-mail: webmail@huemannwater.com....

AA Vintage Custom Soft Water

We are a small family business with over 45 years serving the NW Suburbs of Chicago. We supply water softeners, iron/sulfur filters, carbon filters, and reverse osmosis drinking systems. We offer custom-built products to meet your specific water needs! We are able to offer low prices due to our streamlined process of ordering custom-made systems. We also offer installation and delivery only options for do it your selfers!

Chicago Water Pros

Well water treatment, reverse osmosis systems, water softeners & more from Chicago Water Pros, a family owned company serving the Chicagoland area for close to 20 years. Our philosophy has always been to educate our customers on water quality and treatment options, first and foremost, then provide the most courteous and timely service in the industry! Serving the greater Chicago area from our home office in Warrenville - Call for a free water analysis at your home or business: 630-847-8003

2CS CONSTRUCTION INC

Sewer, Water replacement, repair. Excavation. We have 8 years of experience. We are professional and provide excellent service. Integrity is our middle name. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today

10/27/2018

Cathleen Z.

I would never use them again. Our last water softener was a Ge. When our filled with water I knew it was the rotor disk and seal kit. Black Diamond recommended them. They over charged for the parts. They charged $120 for disk and $95 for the seal kit. I looked up the parts on line after the first repair was done, but it was still full of water. And I had found what appeared to be a brand new seal on my floor. I could have bought all the parts for $89 retail. Total cost of repair was $344. After he finished the repair he didn't stick around to make sure it actually worked. They were very responsive when I called them back and explained the problem. They were here within 2 days. When this guy took it back apart he found that the previous guy had broken a seal he replaced or left the old one on. He also showed me another seal not part of the package and replaced for free. He made sure it drained the excess water before he left. They were very friendly but both told me I should get one of there water softeners. At a cost of $1200 plus $200 to install but they would refund me the $215 for the parts they repaired mine GE with. I declined since mine is only 3 years old. This is the response I got from them when between the 2 repairs they made the problem worse. Here are the text messages between us after the second repair. Hi Josh, You came and did my water softener this morning Algonquin. So I had a question. I have never ever had this happen before. Made some coffee it was quite salty. It tasted like I used salt water. Yes hello! Ok, did the water clear up as the day went on? It looks clear. I started letting the water run about 20 minutes ago and took 4 pitchers of water from the fridge. I will let you know tomorrow. I can't tell how it tastes now that I have let it run. It was so salty that's all i can taste right now. You did have more water in that salt tank than there normally is. If you let The water run it should clear up. I would put the unit into another cycle by pushing the regeneration button and holding for 5 seconds. See if it happens again and let me know. It may take a couple cycles to get down to a normal water level in that tank. After that you shouldn't get that saltiness If it don't clear up, Iet me know, and we'll go from there Okay. Will do. I put it on another cycle and it never ended. Water ran through it for 4 hours. Ended up bypassing and unplugging it. No the water was so salty it tasted like ocean water. We've had a water softener in the house for 30 years and never had salty water. Ok, I'm glad you were able to by pass the unit. Since its still not working correctly with the parts we put into it, we can refund you the parts if you go with a new unit through us. If you get a unit through us, we have all parts, and can fully rebuild a unit and warranty it unlike the box store units.

Description of Work
Ge Water softener repair

Category water softeners

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing our company. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations and I have reached out to you to try and resolve the issue. I have used your review and situation as a learning tool within our company. We have been built on taking care of our customers and please know, at any time in the future, I would be happy to meet with you personally and help resolve your experience with our company. - Michael Huemann General Manager, Huemann Water Conditioning

09/05/2018

Jane M.

I called early in the morning before they opened and left a message. I was promptly called back and a same day appointment was set up. The technician asked if we had a break in the outside pipe to our well recently. We had and the technician did a thorough cleaning of the system to see if that would clear up the problem. He said that since our unit was 17 years old, it might be past its useful life, but might as well try the simple fix first. He also said any money paid could be used as credit for a water softener purchase.

Description of Work
Water softener was not removing rust. Fixtures and clothing were being stained.

Category water softeners

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing our company and leaving a review. We are glad we were able to help you with your water. We look forward to working with you in the future. Have a good day.

12/16/2017

BONNIE J.

They replied promptly and installed new system when I made my decision. They removed and hauled away my old system. The new one is a mechanical system and only uses salt when necessary. They also have a salt delivery service and will bring the salt into my basement. This is wonderful for seniors. They are very professional and follow up monthly to make sure everything is working well.

Description of Work
New water conditioning system

Category water softeners,wells

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your positive review. We are glad you found our services to be useful. We look forward to working with you in the future for any water need. Have a great day.

04/20/2017

Wendy T.

Carl, our tech, showed up when he said he would. He was very professional and knowledgeable about our water softener unit that two other companies came out for but were unable to repair. After a $158 tune-up, we were all set. He informed us that our water softener had another good 10-15 years or so on it, when other companies said it was probably time to replace it.

Description of Work
We needed to have our 16-year-old water softener fixed

Category water softeners

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review of our company and the service we provided you. I have passed your review onto Carl and our owner, Joe Huemann. We believe in servicing equipment before we replace because why spend the money when it's not necessary. We look forward to working with you in the future. Have a nice day.

03/11/2017

LINDA T.

They did an excellent job. I thought the price was really fair.

Description of Work
They came and cleaned out my water softener.

Category water softeners

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for contacting our company to improve your home's [Member Information Removed]. We are grateful you took the time to review our company. We look forward to working with you in the future. Take care.

12/21/2016

Mark T.

Everything went smoothly. Charges were as agreed upon.

Description of Work
replaced an old water softener and installed new carbon water filter

Category water softeners

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for using our company to improve your home's water. We thank you for choosing our company and if there is anything we can help you with in the future, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

11/19/2016

KARL & SHARON K.

Member stated provided very good service. They moved the water softener from craw space to the upstairs for easier access. Service Provider cleaned up.

Description of Work
Repaired and moved water softener tank.

09/09/2016

John F.

Excellent, all work was done neatly in a timely matter, one minor issue arose after installation but they returned in few days and resolved the issue. Very happy with the improvement in the water here!

Description of Work
New water softener and reverse osmosis filter were delivered installed and put in service.

11/10/2015

Jeff M.

I moved into a house that was built in 1955 that had a well with a Kinetico Water Conditioning System in it. I was unfamiliar with wells and called Huemann Water Conditioning in the hope that I would be able to get some information in addition to an evaluation, as I knew the system was quite old and would probably need replacing. From the initial contact this company was exceptional to work with. The ladies who answered the phone and took my initial calls were Linda and Kim. They could not have been any friendlier, helpful and more professional. They took all my information and told me I would receive a call back shortly to discuss my needs. I received a call back within an hour and made an appointment to have someone come out and check out my system, explain the maintenance and talk to me about possibly replacing and updating the older system. A man named Josh came out within a few days, exactly as promised. He was very prompt, helpful, professional and took extra time to explain the well system as well as the Kinetico Water Conditioning System. He was very patient with my endless questions and concerns and was not at all pushy as far as trying to sell me any equipment. I decided that since my system was so old it was time to update it. Josh spent a great deal of time with me and I never felt rushed. At this time I also decided to add a reverse osmosis drinking water system to my home, as well as replacing a 22 year old hot water heater inside my home. Josh even took pictures in the well of my current Kinetico Water Conditioning System to make it easier to plan for the new installation and ensure that it was installed in the most efficient manner possible within the confined available space in my well. He went back to the company to meet and discuss the installation of the system. I soon received a follow-up call from Joe Huemann to discuss the system and work I wanted done. I also spoke with Kurt from the company and he explained more details and pricing for the entire job. It was obvious that they had put a great deal of thought and planning into this job to ensure it was done in the best manner possible. A date was scheduled and they came out and completed the work exactly as planned. They sent out 3 men, Reggie, Steve and Scott. All 3 of them were friendly and very helpful and really took the time to explain every aspect of the installation and made sure I understood everything they did. They completed the job and I felt very comfortable with their work and the price was very fair for the great amount of work that they completed. I cannot make enough positive comments about this company. They have been the best company that I have worked with in decades. They are an exceptional, company with old fashioned values such as honesty, integrity, and pride in their work which is difficult to find in many companies nowadays. I called the company several times with questions and concerns before they came out to complete the job and always received prompt call backs and they took the time to make sure I was comfortable and understood every step of the process. I have never worked with a company with such a quick response time regarding call backs and they always patiently answered all my questions. They were always on time and never late for any appointments and even called to confirm before they came out to my home. Their communication and punctuality was outstanding. You can't go wrong if you decide to use this unbelievable company as they are an exceptional, hard working, honest group of friendly people who really go "above and beyond" in every aspect of their jobs. This is how all companies should be! I highly recommend Huemann Water Conditioning as a top notch company and only wish their was a higher rating that I could give them besides and A+.

Description of Work
Huemann Water Conditioning replaced my 25-30 year old complete Kinetico Water Conditioning System which was located in an underground well. They also replaced a very, very old hot water heater and installed a Kinetico K5 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System in my kitchen.

Category water heater repair,water softeners,wells

10/09/2015

Victor K J.

I asked a lot of questions (which the sales man Kurt patiently encouraged and answered), did a lot of research and have called many competitors in the past. Most other places do not have certified plumbers on their crew and are not knowledgeable about their products or water. This company is different. From phone calls to sales people to install crew, everyone knows their stuff and they run a tight ship. The product itself is pricey, but well worth the money to buy something designed well and is solid. It also is peace of mind to know the installers ( Steve & Andrew) knew what they were doing and were designing the piping system to best fit the needs of the house. This how every American company should be run. I am really impressed and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
1. Assess the water condition of the private well water 2. Assess the old conditioner 3. Explain the process of Kinetico products 4. Help re-configure the layout of new water softner and brine tank 5. Installation of new Kinetico water softner and brine tank

Category water softeners,wells

Thank you for your business and kind comments. Your comments will be shared within our company so we continue to take care of our customers. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Specializing in water softener, reverse osmosis drinking water and specialty equipment for individual customer needs. Also offer salt delivery to homes as well as businesses within a 20 mile radius of our office location. Service all equipment sold at location and have ability to service other equipment as well.

Check, Visa, MasterCard