VSI Radon Reduction Corp.

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2002

RNM98115
Illinois
Illinois Emergency Management Agency

8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

27900 W Concrete Dr Unit D

Ingleside, IL 60041

VSI Radon Reduction Corp. has two locations to serve the greater Chicagoland and Rockford area. Providing radon reduction since 1987. State licensed installer at every job. We install and service sump pumps and backup pumps as well....

radon mitigation (84)well & water pump repair (6)

05/05/2022

ANDRIJ N.

VSI is the real deal. After testing my house & finding levels too high, I started searching for mitigation (Angie, HomeAdvisor, Yelp, etc.). VSI was on every list, their website is extremely informative, and the founder (Mr. Volsted) even created courses @ U of Chicago about radon – some reputation! Then my personal trainer showed me a picture of her radon mitigation system and there was the VSI sticker. So I called, Kevin answered quickly, and after several questions he gave me a quote over the phone & sent emailed it within the hour. A week later Guy and his crew came and did an exceptional job installing the system. Very professional work – respectful of property, wore booties inside, vacuum attachment on concrete drills so minimal dust, and cleaned up everywhere. Great color match on outside piping. Guy even did a smoke test w/ pilot holes to demonstrate the suction beneath the basement floor. Guy gave detailed explanations & answered all my questions. I have a continuous monitoring system and even within a few hours radon levels have already dropped significantly. Very satisfied, highly recommended!

Description of Work
Radon mitigation.

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

Review for VSI Radon Reduction Corp. - 27900 W Concrete Dr, Ingleside, IL - 39722268

01/11/2021

Richard H.

Their services greatly exceeded my expectations. Professional They’re patient, answering my questions throughout the process. They not only did what they promised but provided service above my expectations. Knowledgeable They answered all my questions and explained it to me in terms I can understand. Customer Service They went out of their way to make sure my family was safe by being very thorough.

Description of Work
Radon Mitigation and Battery Backup

Category radon testing,wells

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

12/09/2020

Bob F.

During the process of selling our house the buyer's inspection turned up a high level of radon. We needed to get the problem mitigated as soon as possible. Called VSI based on a recommendation from our RE agent and VSI's rating on Angies List. Antone was very understanding and was able to schedule us quickly due to a cancellation. The crew arrived on time and installed the system without any problems. The retesting showed a reduction of nearly 98% in the radon level. Needless to say we were very pleased.

Description of Work
Install a radon mitigation system

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

10/21/2020

greg W.

they came, were efficient, radon already down; it worked!

Description of Work
radon abatement

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

10/14/2020

Richard L.

Guys we’re right on time and got right to work post haste! Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Sump pit sealed.

Category radon testing,wells

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Review for VSI Radon Reduction Corp. - 27900 W Concrete Dr, Ingleside, IL - 38948870

06/23/2020

Diana & Nicholas O.

VSI is a professional and reliable company. They have helped me out on a couple of occasions in relation to our sump pump and each time I have found them to be knowledgeable, experienced, respectful and trustworthy. The most recent visit was to install a combination primary and battery backup sump pump. They carry the Pro Series PHCC line which is a premium brand with excellent pumping capabilities. The primary pump has a powerful pumping capacity of 3000 GPH at 10ft lift and the battery backup has an equally impressive 2400 GPH at 10ft lift - which is more powerful than many of the primary pumps on the market! I now have complete piece of mind knowing that, not only do I have a more powerful primary pump, I also have a battery backup pump which will activate during power outages or if the primary pump fails or cannot keep up with the volume of water entering the sump pit. Another advantage to this system is that it is much quieter that I hardly hear the sump pump cycle now. So, a big thank you to Anton and David for their knowledge and expertise and for being so patient in answering my many questions about this system and a big thank you to Paul for skillfully installing it. You all make a great team!

Description of Work
Installed a Combination Primary/Backup Sump Pump System

Category wells

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

06/13/2020

TOM O.

The system was installed and reduced our level from 5.1 to 0.6. Ken took time to explain the system and how to monitor it. The installation was clean and neat and the work area was left spotless. Scheduling was efficient and the process explained. Ken and has assistant arrived on time and after assessing the work, accurately estimated when the work would be complete. He respected our house by laying a drop cloth all along the walking path.

Description of Work
install radon mitigation system

Work Completed On 03/21/2020

03/19/2019

Dale W.

Antone was very responsive to all my questions as I had a lot to learn. Other neighbors had used this same company and were pleased with their results. Two guys were in the house for 5 hours. Answered all my questions, were polite, professional, knowledgeable. Prior tests I had done with different detectors showed 5.0-8.0 readings in basement near sump pump. Bought a new detector at time of installation. Current reading (2 weeks of data) shows 0.3 pic/liter. Pretty amazing difference, and peace of mind.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

01/31/2019

Eric S.

Still working great after 2 years! Radon levels have consistently remained at .9 or below. My reason for writing the review now is the superior self-service that sadly not all companies provide as willingly as VSI has!! Here in Chicago it's been frigid - well below zero hitting -24 at my home today. I was concerned that the Radon Remediation system was not operating and that I might need to go outside to take a look at the fan unit and exhaust. I first took at look at the company web site and was extremely glad to see specific information on system exhaust freezing up in the coldest weather, and that "Nothing" needed to be done. The system is designed to manage through the extreme weather changes and should be back to normal in a few days when the weather warms up a bit! I'm very grateful for the online troubleshooting info that kept me from going outside with -35 or more wind chill when I really didn't need to! Thank you VSI!

Description of Work
Radon Remediation System Installed

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

We really appreciate the review. Stay warm!

03/13/2018

Margaret M.

We hired VSI to install a radon mitigation system in our basement. Overall, we found VSI easy to work with, responsive to our calls, efficient in their installation and most importantly, SUPER responsive and helpful with post installation questions and issues. We had some issues with our outside vents leaking water and freezing up -- VSI came out three times (always the same day) to fix the problem and ultimately they replaced our external vent pipes for free. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installation of a radon mitigation system

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Radon testing

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about VSI Radon Reduction Corp.

How is VSI Radon Reduction Corp. overall rated?

VSI Radon Reduction Corp. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are VSI Radon Reduction Corp. open?

VSI Radon Reduction Corp. is open:

Saturday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

What payment options does VSI Radon Reduction Corp. provide

VSI Radon Reduction Corp. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Does VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offer free estimates?

Yes, VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offers free project estimates.

Does VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, VSI Radon Reduction Corp. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offer a senior discount?

No, VSI Radon Reduction Corp. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by VSI Radon Reduction Corp.?

No, VSI Radon Reduction Corp. does not offer warranties.

What services does VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offer?

VSI Radon Reduction Corp. offers the following services: Radon gas mitigation & reduction. Service and trouble shooting. Sump pump and battery backup installation & service.

Are there any services VSI Radon Reduction Corp. does not offer?

Radon testing