Hogan's Systems Consulting LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2011

4425 Shorewood Dr N

Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

Computer Services for home and small business. Over 30 years of experience. As a family owned business, we are fully committed to your satisfaction. We get the job done right with fast, friendly service. Free estimates on all jobs! You only pay if we fix your computer....

10/12/2019

William S.

He was extremely flexible, courteous, and knowledgeable about PC's. The repairs were completed in a timely manner and the prices for the service was fair.

Description of Work
At their business.

02/05/2018

Wojciech D.

Rick has spent quite some time to bring my old computer back to life. He did it twice already. Great work ethic and customer service. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Problem with both hardware and software

10/09/2017

Joan G.

Rick came to the house to check the computer out for me. After trying a few things, it still did not work. So, he took it with him to try various things at his business. He found a corrupted file, fixed that and brought it back. Worked fine for a day, and then boom, same thing again. Rick came and picked it up again. He had to back up my files, and reinstall Windows 10. I paid for 2 memory cards to be added also. So far, it is working fine. I only wish I could remember if all my programs are back on or if I have to install them again. We did 2 when he was here last. I would definitely work with Rick again.

Description of Work
The start on my Windows 10 would not work. Then a "critical error" memo came up. The first guy I spoke with was really off the wall. So I contacted Rick Hogan, and talked with him.

10/07/2017

John C.

Rick was able to advise me on what to do and what equipment I needed. He had an app that tested signal strength from the router. I also asked hime to download pictures and video from my older ipad.

Description of Work
I was having trouble with internet reception throughout the house. I wanted more consistent and total coverage.

10/06/2017

Janet T.

Fantastic! Rick diagnosed the problem within minutes and what I thought would be at least a two day job, turned into less than an hour. Rick is trustworthy, courteous and friendly. I highly recommend his computer services.

Description of Work
My all in one desktop would shut off without warning.

07/21/2017

ROBERT K.

Rick diagnosed the problem as a large number of hidden temp files and he removed them and explained how to fix it the future.

Description of Work
The storage on my home computer was running low.

07/10/2017

Frank B.

Hogan's Systems Consulting did a great job in a timely manner. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Needed to replace hard drive on my computer.

06/29/2017

Larry K.

Rick listened to me about the problem and was able to fix it online in about 10 minutes. He really knows his stuff. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
My Computer was running very slow. Everything I tried myself didn't work.

06/25/2017

Anita B.

Rick works out of his home, which can be a little intimidating for a woman to go there alone. I went with my daughter. However, Rick is quite professional and very nice. He reloaded Windows to our computer since the one we had on the computer was somehow corrupted. He was able to backup all of our data and make sure my thousands of family photos were saved, for which I am very grateful. He also provided us with a physical backup for us to continue to use at home, and charged us just a nominal fee added to his services. The only minor issue we discovered is that some of our computer game saves (like Minecraft and Sims 3) were not on the new Windows menu. However, I was able to find them on the "old" copy of windows, which had been saved to the computer as well, and we are in the process of trying to reload those game saves ourselves. It was a big relief to know my family photos were saved.

Description of Work
Our computer would not go to the login screen. We were not able to access any data on it.

05/10/2017

Bruce F.

Everything was resolved!

Description of Work
Resolving numerous computer issues.

04/22/2016

Sue C.

Description of Work
Replaced fan in laptop. New fan works fine. Great job! I would definitely use him again.

03/17/2016

carol B.

went well.

Description of Work
Computer 1: Upgraded computer to Windows 10,Installed updates, drivers, ran malware scans and removed junk software. Computer 2: Fixed Windows start problems, installed updates, ran malware scans and removed junk software.

12/19/2015

GERALD AND MARY ANN M.

I have used Rick Hogan previously and, once again, he did an outstanding job of resolving my computer issues in a prompt, professional, competent manner. Highly recommend his company and will continue to his this service provider as the need arises.

Description of Work
Tried to reset desktop PC back to factory defaults using Windows 10 built-in functionality. Reset failed... wouldn't recognize mouse or keyboard during reboot. Surfed net looking for fix, but came up empty. Contacted Rick Hogan, who came to my home, evaluated the glitch, but could not resolve problem. Took PC to his shop, reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, returned PC within 3 days.

10/24/2015

Beverly S.

Prompt response and excellent customer service had the computer up and raining the day after contact.

Description of Work
"Cleaned up" desktop computer after a Windows 10 update disabled cursor. Reviewed security programs available and installed one.

08/28/2015

Stephen S.

As an online teacher, it is important for me to have my online services constantly available. When I bought a new computer I was not sure how to transfer files and set up all my equipment properly. Hogan's did a fanstastic job setting me up. They were prompt and professional. I highly recommend their services for personal and business use.

Description of Work
They set up a new computer and transferred important files to it. They made sure all accessories were working properly, e.g., the printer.

Category computer repair, computer sales

08/13/2015

Lisa S.

Rick & his son Hunter arrived, went right to work de-bugging & cleaning up my PC computer & laptop. They were polite, professional and answered my questions. Made suggestions based on my questions. Not pushy , never felt they were trying to sell me something I didn't want. I had them do some additional services (replaced old hard drive with SSD) the following week. I have their card handy for the future. Very Satisfied.

Description of Work
Cleaned up my sluggish computer (PC) & Laptop.

07/28/2015

Barbara S.

Cleaned and repaired files on desktop PC, brought pc back but it still failed to log on. Troubleshooting included setting my pc up on other wireless channels where it would connect fine. Ultimately determined it was an AT&T failure, spoke with them and was able to get them to send in a new wireless router. AT&T also sent in a technician to get it up and running with a new D-Link. At all times Rick and his son were very positive and optimistic and pleasant to be around. His pricing is very good, he didn't charge for anything more than his evaluation and clean-up and I would strongly recommend his company to my friends. I am happy because I now have a 'computer guy'!

Description of Work
Computer would not log on to internet. Rick came to my home to troubleshoot. After troubleshooting decided to take it back with him for more diagnostics.

07/12/2015

William M.

My desk top computer died and Rick resurrected it. It was a pleasure to deal with him. He was very professional and kept in communication with me through the whole process. I am very pleased with the result and the cost was reasonable. He is my tech guy from now on.

Description of Work
Replaced hard drive, reloaded, operating system and recovered all documents and photos from the old drive.

03/11/2015

Gloria D.

I was given an accurate and very reasonable estimate, was completed on time.

Description of Work
Replaced laptop screen

11/01/2014

Michael K.

My 2 year old dumped sunscreen all over my laptop keyboard. Keyboard needed to be completely replaced. Service was pretty quick. Only delay was waiting for shipment of the ordered new keyboard... even that was pretty minimal. Rick was pleasant to work with and now my keyboard works great. Will work with him again next time I need computer service.

Description of Work
Replaced the keyboard on my laptop.

09/11/2014

Carol O.

Details aboveHe was very professional and thorough. He got our computer working great.

Description of Work
Mr. Hogan repaired our computer three different time. He cleaned out the viruses and ads the first time. After that, he found out the hard drive was going and he replaced that. He recommended something to speed up our computer and it worked. After that, a power outage messed up this thing and he came bad and fixed that. He was very thorough and did a great job.

08/14/2014

Beverly S.

I contacted Rick via email, and he responded very quickly with an explanation of how he would approach the problem and likely fees based on what he might discover. I dropped off the laptop in the morning, and Rick called in the afternoon to report on the problem he found, how he had fixed it, and the fee. I picked up the computer the next day, and it's working great.

Description of Work
My laptop computer wouldn't boot up: User Profiles Services unavailable. Rick booted the computer and removed virus and unauthorized programs that were preventing the bootup.

06/11/2014

RONALD B.

Spent about two hours troubleshooting my PC in my house. The monitor would without warning go to to a blue screen, or shut off without warning, with the PC still running in the background. After two hours, we decided to have him do additional diagnostics at his store to verify that it was the video card. This was a few months ago, and the problem has not returned...problem solved! (Video card was replaced).

Description of Work
Replaced a defective video card.

11/07/2013

John & Peggy P.

It went very well. He got it done quickly and the virus came back. He fixed it and didn't charge it for the second time. It has been fine ever since.

Description of Work
He got rid of a virus on our computer that we brought to him.

01/31/2012

Ivan W.

AOK. Explained everything done in a way I could understand. Gave some helpful tips.

Description of Work
Tested computer for reboot problem installed new hard drive. Reloaded all programs.

Loewy Consulting Inc

Since 1999, Loewy Consulting has provided Chicago area homes and small businesses top quality computer services and website design. OWNER-OPERATED. Uses subs for wiring. Charges an hourly rate. Travel charges may apply. DBA Home Computer Networking.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Computer Nirvana LLC

Computer Nirvana offers personalized computer and network support with the goal of providing the customer with a complete solution at a reasonable cost. We have many years of experience, and take customer satisfaction seriously. "We take the stress out of computing". Additional e-mail-info@computernirvana.com.

Computer Sales
    Website Design & Development
    Electronic Gadget Repair
    Video Production
    Computer Training
    Video Duplication & Transfer
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

-Fix computer issues, such as removing viruses, fixing errors, etc. -Set up networks to share Internet connections, printers and files -Upgrade old computers to give them more life and better performance -Help you learn how to use your computer -Transfer your old records, tapes & home movies to CD, MP3 or DVD! -Support for Windows Servers, Exchange Server, and other technologies -Support and configure networks, remote access, backups and more -Web Site design and support, including Search Engine