Total Home Improvement & Repair LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2010

888 East Belvidere Suite 403

Grayslake, IL 60030

Total Home Improvement& Repair, LLC is a full scale home improvement company specializing in interior remodeling. As an A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau, the National Kitchen & Bath Association, the National Association of the Remodeling Industry and Service Magic’s 2010 Home Pro of the Year, we know how important quality workmanship and excellent customer service is. Which is why our motto is "Guaranteed Right The First Time". We are also an EPA Lead Safe Certified Firm which allows us to work on all Pre-1978 homes which may contain lead paint. We know when you pay for a service, you expect the best and that is what we strive to provide with every project we complete. We promise to show up on time with clean cut, background checked and drug tested employees who offer friendly service, clean up after themselves and complete each project on time and at the price we promised while offering a free 1 year written warranty on all of the services we provide. We offer free estimates on all projects and have been serving Lake County since 2003. Total Home Improvement has 5 full time employees in the field to provide you with excellent customer service as well as a painting division; Precision Painting & Power Washing. We are licensed by the state of Illinois and insured to provide you peace of mind. When required by local building codes, Total Home Improvement will use licensed and insured subcontractors that we have been doing business with for years that we know and trust to do the job properly. When it comes to the most valuable asset you own, make sure you trust it to the qualified professionals at Total Home Improvement & Repair, LLC who believe if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right ....

01/26/2021

julie D.

I will only have Total Home Improvement for remodel projects in my home. They have finished 2 basements for me, remodeled a kitchen, replaced flooring and remodeled a laundry room. The work is always top notch. Aaron pays attention to the smallest detail and the work of his team reflects this. Not only do they do good work, they are good people who are nice to have in my home. Kind, considerate and very clean which is a bonus when you have a remodeling project. 5 stars all the way!

Description of Work
Remodel of laundry room and partial finish of my basement

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

[Member Name Removed], Its always a please working for you. Thank you for your business. We look forward to the next project.

05/15/2020

Robert B.

I contracted THI for the build of a bar in my basement and they exceeded my expectations. The finished product turned out better than I imagined and I had been picturing it in my mind for 3 years. The team was very professional, responsive, caring and honest. Working with Gerret and Aaron was a pleasure and their construction team was top-notch. They maintained a very clean workspace (cleaned up every day) and had a great tarp system to not transfer dust to the rest of my finished basement. Their showroom has pretty much all you need to be able to make your decisions on materials. Gerret and I were able to choose the cabinets, counter tops, stone wall, flooring, facing, lighting, knobs and handles in about an hour due to the extensive sample selections on-site. What helped expedite the selection process was Gerret doing a thorough job of looking at the space, asking me about my thoughts and preferences and not being afraid to offer experienced advice. My wife and daughters who are responsible for all other decorating in the house could not believe I/we selected such a great combination of colors, function and atmosphere. I couldn't be happier with the work performed including the 3-D depictions from Aaron, detailed work schedule, clear cost of services, communication during the project and professionalism of the whole crew. I highly recommend THI for your home projects based on my experience.

Description of Work
Install a bar within a finished basement

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, interior painters, basement remodeling

Thanks so much. The space came out just as we planned it. I am glad to hear how much you appreciate all the hard work and effort we put into the space. I hope you will enjoy it for years to come.

04/02/2020

Paul T.

Amazing. Everyone at Total Home Improvement was professional, courteous and communicative. If you want to get what you pay for from people who clearly take great pride in doing the job well, work with THI. The actual work quality was excellent, done by courteous workers who love what they do and enjoy doing it right. THI provided up-front pricing that they worked hard to adhere to and any additional costs were never a surprise - it's always a conversation. In my experience, they won't let you blunder into expensive projects when something less expensive would better meet your needs, instead proposing other solutions. All around, the kind of contractor everyone should hope to find. There's more work to do in the house and we will absolutely contract with them again.

Description of Work
Refinished an already finished basement, custom work room

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you on these past projects and look forward to working with you again on the new projects you are planning.

03/20/2019

marsha M.

Well planned, great execution and on budget! We had a fairly large project to be done with a few unique elements that needed special attention to detail. We spent considerable time with Aaron on the up front planning and he assured us that would help us avoid surprises and budget over runs as the project progressed, he was correct. The attention to detail up front, took a little more time than anticipated, but it kept the project flowing smoothly without wasted time or budget surprises. Aaron provided welcomed guidance on material selection with attention toward cost management. Abigail, served as the communication hub between us, Aaron and the workers. She always kept us up to date and a pleasure to work with. All of the THI employees were professional throughout the month’s long project. They arrived on time, did quality work, were courteous and always cleaned up the jobsite upon leaving for the day. Any work that was contracted out, was well coordinated, efficiently executed and completed in a timely and professional manner. With so many moving parts, it’s amazing that we had no issues of any consequence. Any issues that arose were handled quickly to our satisfaction and despite the fact that we had a number of additions and subtractions along the way, everything went smoothly and within the budget that we established at the start. We would highly recommend Total Home Improvement and if we have any additional work, they’ll be the first we’ll call.

Description of Work
total remodel, new flooring, baths, painting, music studio, lighting

Category home remodeling

02/28/2019

karen O.

I would strongly suggest you select Total Home Improvement as your vendor for any kind of remodeling. I went to a Home Improvement show which had 5 vendors. I interviewed all 5 and asked all 5 to remodel/estimate my kitchen using the same specs. Total Home Improvement was by far the leader. I looked online for their accreditation’s. I did not have any one who used them so I had no personal references. But now you have mine. Little did Aaron (owner) know but once I selected his company, I had more work for them. I basically remodeled my entire main floor of my ranch house. Remodeled the entire kitchen, new tile floors, carpeting, trim around the windows and baseboards in every room. I replaced every interior door and exterior doors. Painted every single room. New lighting in several rooms. I could not have been more impressed or happier with selecting THI. Aaron is an excellent project manager and his crew was detailed oriented and has outstanding workmanship abilities. His crew added finishing touches that I would never have expected or asked for. I had one issue with my counter top and Aaron rectified it immediately. Due to the counter top issue, my remodel was only delayed by one week from the original completion date. I am highly recommending that you select THI as your vendor. I can not say enough good things about this company.

Description of Work
Remodel entire main level of ranch house

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

02/17/2017

Karen T.

Aaron Glen, is excellent! He is meticulous. They came when they said and finished when they said they would. They did our kitchen 2 years before and have also done work for our neighbors too! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
remodeled my bathroom and re-configured closets

Category remodeling

01/09/2017

Karen T.

We had an all around outstanding experience with Total Home Improvement. THI remodeled our bathroom as well as our kitchen. Aaron Glenn, the owner, is very articulate and had great ideas. His staff was very professional and timely. We highly recommend Total Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/05/2016

Wayne B.

Wow! Aaron and his crew are absolutely wonderful! Our neighbor has had lots of work done by Aaron so we were able to see his work in person. The reviews on Angie's List and BBB were excellent so we decided to go talk with him. We walked into the showroom and it was perfect as the product selection was enough to choose from but not too much to where it was overwhelming. Heath, was our project manager who suggested we look on Houzz to get ideas of what we liked. That was the best advice so that by the time we made our decision to start the process with Aaron and Heath we all were on the same page as to what we wanted. The color choices and materials that Heath helped us select was perfect. The entire process was quite an experience. The transformation was truly something to see. Aaron is a true perfectionist and his crew is top-notch! Everyone from the plumber, painters, to the electrician. Precision Stone who installed our granite did an excellent job as well. Nathan and the guys who worked on our kitchen day in and day out were excellent! Everyone at Total Home Improvement is professional and polite. Aaron listens to ideas but at the same time his expertise as to what would look the best is spot on! There are so many horror stories about contractors but rest assured Aaron is the best!! We highly recommend him and will definitely be using them again. Thanks to Aaron our dream kitchen is truly a showplace!!!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel and new flooring on first floor.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

10/26/2016

Julie M.

It was a great experience. The process began with working with designer Heath. Since I am not much into interior decorating his suggestions and guidance were a welcome relief and it took a lot of the "sting" out of the design/decision making process. Both he and Aaron (the owner) were very patient and thorough when answering our questions (we had a lot of them). When it came time for the construction, Aaron had a very efficient plan for the progression of the work. Everything ran pretty much on schedule and any delays were due to vendor's late shipments or incorrect materials sent. Any hiccups in job were dealt with swiftly and professionally by Aaron. Aaron is very detail oriented and he and his crew do quality work. He makes sure that there is always forward motion on the project and there are members of the crew here just about every day getting things done. It is very easy to get a hold of Aaron and he takes time to make sure that you are happy with work being done. The crew was very friendly and respectful of our living space and they were all great people and hard workers.

Description of Work
We needed to have the Master Bathroom remodeled and the space entirely redesigned. TMI did the redesign and all of the construction work. Work included demolition on the existing bathroom, relocating and building a new shower, building a new closet, enclosing the lavatory and installing doors in several locations.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, interior painters

07/31/2015

Tim M.

Total Home Improvement was suggested to us by friends and we could not have been happier with the recommendation. Aaron listened to what we wanted and suggested some ideas based on their expertise. In the end, the final product exceeded our expectations and we couldn?t be happier! The work we had done was installing a stone fireplace, new hearth, a custom mantle and some drywall work. Total Home Improvement knocked it out of the park! The vision for the mantle was to be bold and Aaron took the challenge and found barn wood from a 100 year old farm in Southern Illinois. To our surprise a month after the project was done we received package in the mail from Total Home Improvement. They sent us a custom document on the project that included the history of the farm that the mantle wood came from and tied in a symbolic message regarding family strength. A personal touch to a fantastic project! Thanks Aaron, Nate and team! I would certainly recommend them to friends and family and we will be hiring them again for our next project!

Description of Work
Custom stone fireplace remodel with new hearth and mantle.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

03/04/2015

Angela L.

Total Home Improvement was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process of remodeling my kitchen. Aaron Glenn and his team are extremely professional, punctual, and completed the project on time. In fact, they worked to have the kitchen in working order for Christmas! The attention to detail and level of expertise were unmatched. I felt comfortable getting help with design choices, and confident in their workmanship. Honestly, my kitchen looks like it belongs on HGTV! The crew was friendly, willing to answer any questions, and always cleaned up after each day of work. My husband and I are thrilled with the final results of our remodeled kitchen. Total Home Improvement exceeded our expectations. I would recommend them for any improvement project, and we plan to use them again in the future for exterior painting (and maybe a bathroom if I can talk my husband into it!).

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen, including design, demo, new cabinets, counter tops, backsplash, and appliances.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

01/02/2015

Katie H.

It was amazing. We had a different contractor that messed up our house immensely. They had the house ready to sell in 4 days and on the market. They had everything fixed and then more. I wish I would have used them from the start. They really went above and beyond for me. The owner kept me informed of what was happening. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They repaired our kitchen cabinetry, fixed countertops, and installed molding and trim.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling

08/11/2014

Catherine T.

From my initial phone contact with Aaron of Total Home Improvement, and throughout the entire renovation project, I was most impressed with the dedicated professionalism, attention to detail, and quality craftsmanship demonstrated by Aaron and his staff. This was my first renovation project of such magnitude and I appreciated Aaron's patience with all my questions, as well as his professional insights regarding my options throughout the process. He is knowledgeable, honest and experienced, and he cares about the quality of his work--and that of his staff. When it was difficult for me to envision the look of a certain tile, Aaron emailed me a photo of the tile installed with similar granite to help me decide. He was clear on presenting me with pros/cons of various ideas while being very respectful of my own design vision. Because he kept me informed and helped me understand the elements of the process, I could make informed decisions. I was able to visit his showroom and select materials, and his office was very accommodating in allowing me to borrow a sample to see it in my home space. Throughout the process, the staff was very respectful of my home space and always cleaned up before finishing for the day. Aaron was on the job sight each day and managed the timeline so well that all the work was completed on time!! There were no cut-corners; actually some small additional steps were taken to be sure the job was done well and done right--the first time as is their motto. All the design elements came together beautifully; my kitchen is everything I could have hoped for and more, and I trust in the lasting quality of the products and all work performed.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen renovation consisting of all new solid wood cabinets, cabinet hardware, granite countertops, stainless steel sink and new faucet, travertine subway tile backsplash, under cabinet lighting, removal of old wallpaper, new painting of ceiling and walls in kitchen and family room, lighting fixture replacements, installation of stainless steel range hood.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

06/07/2014

Patrick C.

We first talked to Aaron at the Lake County Home show and were very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to answer any questions we had. We called the next day to have him come out and look at the projects we wanted done. Aaron came on time and gave us new ideas. He sent us an extremely accurate estimate of exactly what he will be doing and the cost right down to the penney. Aaron gave us a start date depending on the arrival of all cabinets and flooring. Material was a week late but they started on time the next week. The crew came out and they were very friendly, professional and exteremly hard workers. Every night all tools were put away and garbage was hauled off. The house was kept as clean as possible. They told us every night the progress and what they would be doing next. A big positive is they showed up when they said they would! As with any remodel the customer will always come up with additional work which we did. Aaron did anything we asked with no hesitation and with a good outcome. Again he gave us different ideas with these additions that turned out well. The only problem that came about was a countertop issue that Aaron resolved right away. Aaron also came up with a suggestion on our handrails up the stairs to paint them instead of replacing them. The painters did a remarkable job making them look better than new.The drywall work and painting was also done expertly and in a timely manner. Overall our experience with Total Home Improvement was excellent. We have recommended them to 4 friends one of which has already set up an appointment. We have smaller projects coming up that I will not hesitate to contact Aaron.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen and 1/2 bath remodel on first floor. Complete installation of Hardwood flooring on entire first floor. Painting of kitchen, 1/2 bath, living room, family room, stairwell and upstairs hallway.

Category hardwood floor, home remodeling, interior painters

03/02/2014

Joe M.

Total Home Improvements resurfaced our floors, installed tile, vanities, sinks and cabinets in our new home. Bottom line we will be using them again next year for more projects! They did an exceptional job. Super clean, easy to work with, honest and flexible. We could not be happier with their work. If your looking for quality, these are your guys!

Description of Work
Cabinetry, Tile and Floor Re-Surfacing.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

10/03/2013

Deirdre R.

These folks were nothing but professional on both occasions we used them. The provided a quote, completed work as scheduled, were courteous and we were really happy with the outcome. Our back deck was in bad shape because my husband had tried to stain it himself the prior summer. Total Home Improvement knew how to turn things around with a thorough power wash, time for it to dry fully, and then a great painting job using a high-quality product. Our deck and gazebo looked like new when done. On another occasion, Total Home Improvement also replaced two doors for us. We selected them and ordered them and they picked them up for us and installed them with locks/hardware, etc. Again, professional and courteous job. And we had no issues leaving them alone at our house as they were fully bonded and trustworthy. I confidently recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Replaced two doors and powerwashed and painted our patio deck.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, doors

12/14/2012

Peter F.

The company was very professional and accomodating, and it made good recommendations about how the work should be done. They also kept the house clean while they worked. The job was pricey, but they used quality materials and stood behind their work which I appreciated.

Description of Work
They remodeled my basement.

Category basement remodeling