AC Home Design

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

888 E Belvidere Rd Ste 312

Grayslake, IL 60030

AC Home Design is a complete home remodeling company serving the Lake County and Northern Illinois area. Our company’s goal is to provide the highest quality end result, and always do so with the utmost integrity....

05/16/2020

Jodi M.

Kevin and his team were a delight to work with. They were professional, organized, detail-oriented, timely and great with communication. We are extremely happy with our kitchen remodel, it turned out absolutely beautiful! I highly recommended AC Home Design for your next house project!

Description of Work
Total kitchen rehab

Category hardwood floor,remodeling,garage builders,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you on this project.

02/04/2018

Tish G.

Excellent! Easy, within budget, very professional... friendly crew! Honestly start to finish went very smoothly. Kevin is wonderful to work with and so helpful with design making our ideas a reality!

Description of Work
Kitchen/powder room remodel

Category hardwood floor,remodeling,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you.

01/05/2018

Erika M.

A few bumps but got everything resolved and bathroom turned out beautifully! We are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling

Thank you so much and we hope you enjoy your new space!

05/29/2017

Andrea T.

We hired Kevin and his team for a kitchen and family room remodel. We could not be happier with the service they provided. They did an amazing job, they were on time and on budget. We feel like they did quality work and the end result is beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, removal of soffits, new cabinets, countertops, backsplash, hardwood floors refinished, trim and paint.

Category home remodeling

Thank you and we agree the kitchen turned out beautifully!

03/08/2017

Larry S.

I'm not sure why this company has a grade of a B! These guys Kevin rob are amazing and very professional they did an amazing job! Thanks guys for making my wife and myself very happy! The cabinets and workmanship are amazing!!!

Description of Work
New kitchen cabinets!

Category home remodeling

Thanks for the great review. So glad you both are happy with the results!

02/03/2017

Sharon L.

Kevin Begley is who did my project. The cabinets were delivered in April and we was supposed to start in May. He changed the date 3 times and assigned just one person to work on the job (who was actually polite.) Kevin didn't start until June 20th by which point I had the kitchen and bathroom completely demo'd. He was very rude, disrespectful and was just one thing after the next that was not done correctly. He has an absolutely terrible demeanor. To communicate with him as a female senior citizen, he was degrading. These are people that we entrust with our homes and I do not feel like he respected my home or myself.

Description of Work
Renovation of the kitchen and powder room.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

02/22/2016

Mary Roxanne D.

Our project was a major remodel/redesign of an 1980's ranch home in Lake Bluff. I inherited my parents home and my husband and I needed to decide if the home was worth modernizing to our tastes and way of living or to just sell the home as is. We wanted to open up walls to create an open floor plan, expand the kitchen to 3x the size (which would have required an addition to the home), and add closets, storage, and much larger, more modern master bath. The entire house needed some sort of improvement. All the walls needed fresh paint. New carpet was needed in bedrooms and basement. The hardwood floors were a glossy honey color, and existing kitchen had travertine tiles. We wanted dark hardwood floors throughout the house. We knew it was going to be a dusty, messy job! Plus, my husband is almost 7 'tall, therefore ALL the doors and doorways needed to be raised to 7'. Not an easy task. We interviewed only one other contractor for our major remodel and once we met Kevin Badgley, he FAR exceeded our expectations. He is down-to-earth, fair, professional, listens to what we wanted and what our vision was, is very focused on the task/job at hand, and always made us feel like we were his only priority. He picks up your calls, responds to your texts, and is quick to answer any questions you may have regarding the project. He doesn't waste clients money on unnecessary items and feels obligated to tell you when/where you can save money and when/where to spend money. He is great to shop with and knows design elements and functional elements equally. Kevin and his AC Home Design team and sub contractors were a pleasure to work with. I want to renovate/remodel another house! That is how truly easy they made the process. They are punctual, quick, tidy, kind, personable, polite, and never say "I cant do that" or "it's not my job." They helped me move furniture when needed and would stop what they were working on to assist me with odds and ends I was doing in the house. There were to many "best parts" to name, but truly, my favorite part was the hand crafted barn doors designed and made by Kevin himself. My parents owned a horse farm for 15 years and both passed away in 2015 within 6 months of one another and only 8 months after moving into this ranch home. It was important to me to keep a part of them in the house, so Kevin came up with the barn door entry from the dining room to the Butler's Pantry and these doors are indeed a work of art. He and his team also used reclaimed 1830's barn wood to clad the walls of my kitchen office nook. I think of my folks every time I pass by the barn doors and as I sit here writing this review at my desk in the office nook. I am so grateful. I HIGHLY recommend AC Home Design to anyone wanting perfect, professional, on-budget, on-time, wonderful tradesmen. It was my pleasure working with Kevin and his crew.

Description of Work
Renovate, remodel and add on to existing 1980's ranch home. Major kitchen, bath, walls and floor renovations.

Category handyman service,hardwood floor,remodeling,home remodeling,basement remodeling

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to reading the whole story in the Angie's List magazine. We appreciate you taking the time to share it. And we are so happy that you are enjoying your new addition and renovations - especially those incredible barn doors!

02/15/2016

Rachel P.

Kevin and his team do high quality work and I love my new bathroom! Everyone acted in a professional manner. All my non-construction areas were masked off to keep the dust to a minimum, and they cleaned up every day when they left. They arrived on schedule and stayed until the work was complete. Kevin even came to my rescue when I foolishly tried to demo the bathroom on my own and flooded the room below. The guys showed up within an hour of my desperate phone call, cleaned up the mess, and replaced my ceiling. I am so grateful I was able to make that call and count on their help. Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a home renovation. In addition, I have recently seen a kitchen renovation with room addition done by this group and it is a showplace. The highlight of the new space is a gorgeous set of sliding barn doors that were made out of reclaimed wood from a barn over 150 years old.

Description of Work
Installed bathroom vanities, sinks, mirrors, trim and molding. Installed new shower surround and frameless glass doors. Moved plumbing in bathroom and put up new drywall. Installed 2 new sliding patio doors.

Category handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,sunrooms

01/13/2016

kelly K.

Kevin did our kitchen and family room several years ago, so we knew we were in good hands for this large bathroom project. We moved the shower, closed off the toilet area, added a linen closet, replaced floor, cabinets and mirror, and added electrical everywhere. We really appreciated his design advice and assistance with color selection. Any small glitches we had were dealt with right away and at completion we had a gorgeous master bathroom! We are using him for a third time to remodel our remaining two bathrooms right now.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of huge master bath. Built a custom walk in shower with floor to ceiling tile, decorative glass tile trim and nook, double sinks, granite counter, relocated electrical, added partial walls and doors. Custom framing around mirror and ceramic tile floor.

10/21/2013

Cathie M.

He went 100% over the cost on the bathroom. When I did confront him he got rather angry.

Description of Work
We remodeled the kitchen and 2 baths.

Prestigious Kitchen & Home Design Inc

Recognized as one of the nation’s top Kitchen design showrooms, Prestigious is your one-stop, full-service design firm. Since 1985 we have been making dream homes a reality. We continuously strive to remain a leader, and innovator in the luxury home market, bringing fresh designs and the highest quality to each of our exceptional customers. Prestigious Kitchen Design has brought together premium products, to ensure clients have access to the best solutions for their individual needs. Due to Covid restrictions, please call our office to schedule a free estimate today! You can also visit us at our website at https://prestigioushomedesign.com/

Offers by Prestigious Kitchen & Home Design Inc on Angi
    Mr. Handyman of Grayslake

Wizard Of Wood Floors Ltd

One of the few Bona Certified Craftman in the entire Midwest. Multiple Angie's List Awards. In business for over 38 years. Only company offering a 5yr warranty. Serves on boards for product development and evaluations. Expert witness in the industry. One of the few that uses all finishes and experienced using all kinds of hardwood flooring. Free estimates. Additional website: wizardofwoodflooring.com.

Remodeling, Design, Additions, Basements, Kitchens, Bathrooms, & General Living Spaces

N/A